Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2020, 13:00   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Then I dont get the crowd funding part?
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Agree on the testing part but Xiaomi / Roborock etc have been selling this in the US for some time now. Its definitely a tried and tested product with good reviews!
Old 18th May 2020, 13:08   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
They are not doing this for the first time in India. This is the standard process they use to gauge customer response and have done it for a bunch of other products. I remember the table lamp and sunglasses. It is a very good practice too, talking purely from a product development perspective, since it lowers the risk of failure. Helps conserve resources for products which will actually work.

The benefit to the early adopters is that they get a cool discount (~30% right now).
antz.bin is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 13:31   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
They are not doing this for the first time in India. This is the standard process they use to gauge customer response and have done it for a bunch of other products.
Their process flow shows a 'India Customization' stage so I assume they will modify/strengthen it for Indian mentalities/expectations (e.g. our obsession with wet-mopping floors )
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-mi.jpg  

itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 14:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

Shouldn't they use a camera(s) mounted on top to map the area better ? They should augment the infrared system they use to look at obstacles and map. Also, a corner sucking implement would help us better
Old 19th May 2020, 19:53   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Their process flow shows a 'India Customization' stage so I assume they will modify/strengthen it for Indian
I was able to successfully place the order today. Mine was Order No.2956. Still a long way from the 10,000 units mark and post Lockdown 4.0, the number of units is increasing at a faster space already...

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-mi.com_vacuum_mop_02.png

They are offering a 6 months No Cost EMI as well with multiple Credit Cards.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 19th May 2020 at 19:55.
Old 20th May 2020, 11:14   #81
Senior - BHPian

I am confused - as per what Xiaomi Customer Service folks told me the offer was to extend until 15-Jun-2020.

Suddenly they seem to have stopped accepting orders and changed the goal itself to 3,000 units and showing it as product being successful given that they got funding for 3,201. I guess it was good move for me to put in the order yesterday.

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-mi_vacuum.png

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 20th May 2020 at 11:15.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 13:29   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am confused - as per what Xiaomi Customer Service folks told me the offer was to extend until 15-Jun-2020.

Suddenly they seem to have stopped accepting orders and changed the goal itself to 3,000 units and showing it as product being successful given that they got funding for 3,201. I guess it was good move for me to put in the order yesterday.
It seems that they have taken down the product from their website. I cannot find any link to the crowd funding scheme.

Can anyone share their experience about the robotic vacuum cleaners available in India? I need it specifically for pet hairs and not wet mopping. How is the cleaning effectiveness and product reliability? Any information on warranty support will be useful too. Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd May 2020, 13:50   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
It seems that they have taken down the product from their website. I cannot find any link to the crowd funding scheme.

Can anyone share their experience about the robotic vacuum cleaners available in India? I need it specifically for pet hairs and not wet mopping. How is the cleaning effectiveness and product reliability? Any information on warranty support will be useful too. Thanks in advance.
Mi Vacuum Mop is now available as a confirmed Product. They are taking Pre-Orders at the same price until 15-Jun-2020. Link here: URL

I will let the other experts to comment on the second part of your question as I am new to this topic of Robotic Vacuums as well.
vsrivatsa is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 19:44   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Mi Vacuum Mop is now available as a confirmed Product. They are taking Pre-Orders at the same price until 15-Jun-2020. Link here: URL

I will let the other experts to comment on the second part of your question as I am new to this topic of Robotic Vacuums as well.
I also bought. Glad to see they lowered their expectations. Now they need to crunch the development time and ship it much earlier. September 15 is a long time away.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 12:12   #85

Has anyone used the Cecotect Conga products ? the Ilife products are sold out as of now and the only other option with Dry & Wet is the Cecotec Conga 1090 & 3290. They have recently launched in India so not too many reviews online.
They seem to be doing sales mostly in Europe till now.

Thanks
Abhishek
Old 26th May 2020, 20:24   #86
Senior - BHPian

iLife is sold out good. With a new brand, it's a chance you would be taking. But do try them out. I mistook them for Roomba. How's the pricing by the way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_krishna View Post
Has anyone used the Cecotect Conga products ? the Ilife products are sold out as of now and the only other option with Dry & Wet is the Cecotec Conga 1090 & 3290. They have recently launched in India so not too many reviews online.They seem to be doing sales mostly in Europe till now.

Last edited by Sebring : 26th May 2020 at 20:26.
Old 26th May 2020, 21:08   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

The issue is service for these new entrants. While Milagrow, Ilife, Roomba etc have set up service networks (especially in South India & BLR), Cecotect, Eufy, Deebot have not and I feel that can be a major risk 6+ months down the line.

Mi will definitely build up their network quickly once they start selling their machines.
Old 27th May 2020, 12:30   #88

Quote:
iLife is sold out good. With a new brand, it's a chance you would be taking. But do try them out. I mistook them for Roomba. How's the pricing by the way?
The pricing is more or less aligned with iLife with the current discounts they are offering.
abhi_krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 20:44   #89
Senior - BHPian

We put in a booking for the Mi robot vaccuum. If another option is available before the September shipping date then I will get that instead and cancel the Mi
Old 29th May 2020, 11:10   #90
BHPian

I have used Mi vacuum a bit and have seen other brands in people's homes in many countries. I would love to get one as it is a high tech device and I love tech and gadgets. However, its actual utility is somewhat limited. It us good if you have a tidy house without any cables, mats or other obstructions and want the robotic vacuum to do a general basic cleaning everyday while you follow up manually by picking up any spots it missed and in the areas it can't go. To me that defeats the purpose as you can easily just vacuum yourself with a good cordless vacuum. I have three vacuums at home. One is a corded one from Croma. Another is a Dibea which is a Dyson clone bought for around 8k from Aliexpress. The last one is a Xiaomi Jimmy JV51 bought for about 14k from Bangood. That is by far the best one with suction of 19000 pa which is slightly more than a Dyson V8. In contrast, Mi robotic vacuum has suction power of just 2100 pa. My Dibea has a suction of around 4000 at low power setting and it can pick up dust and hair quite well but struggles with larger objects. The floor is cleaned much better by my Jimmy than Dibea due to higher suction power. Hence I am worried about the cleaning efficiency of the Mi robot. The dust bag would have to be cleaned almost every time unless you have a tiny place. Nevertheless, I am buying it just for the advanced tech it brings!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks