Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2020, 12:41   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Have you guys got a refund? No word on my refund
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I saw the email from Xiaomi and cancelled my order too. Went to Amazon and purchased the Euvacs Deebot 950.
Old 6th September 2020, 12:42   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I got mine within 48 hours. I had paid via credit card.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 13:55   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw the email from Xiaomi and cancelled my order too. Went to Amazon and purchased the Euvacs Deebot 950.
Could you share your review comments on this Deebot 950? Also, what about the spares such as Filters etc. - have you checked if those are easily available?

I am still holding on to the Xiaomi order as I have a iRobot Roomba that I have borrowed and can possibly wait some more time but December does look too far away in the current situation.

Given the cancellation wave that might have hit Xiaomi now, I am waiting to see if they change anything
Old 6th September 2020, 18:51   #184
BHPian

Quote:
I too got the refund back to my card in 2-3 days.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 10:27   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Could you share your review comments on this Deebot 950? Also, what about the spares such as Filters etc. - have you checked if those are easily available?
Its Ecovacs Deebot 950. Have three of these in my immediate family and being run for more than a month now. Performance is superb. Battery back up is the major differentiator and being based on LiDar navigation have superb performance. Mopping performance is only as good as it gets with these bots (However the xiomi one was advertising Y shaped mopping). Be a bit more patient and you can snag one up for 38K (Currently it is retailing for 45K with 3K coupon).

The potential cons or minor irritants:

1. It is a chinese company but a big one at that. However it has full fledged US and Germany offices.

2. Their products have been available in india for more than an year now however there is no direct contact line with the seller. You need to use message the seller feature on amazon.

3. All this while they have been saying that they are new (Since last year their line is the same) and will make the spares available soon on amazon. To be fair, consumables for their cheaper 12K INR model have been recently listed and the 950 model does comes with two sets of consumables so you are covered for almost an year.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 12:25   #186
BHPian

Quote:
So, it's been about 4 days since I started using this. First 2 days were spent in making sure that the robot can save the home map. On the first day, I didnt realise I had to save the map as soon as it returned to the charging dock before using any other options on the app. I was trying to setup virtual boundary and turned on the advanced mode - which deleted the unsaved map.

I had to spend the second day too in making sure the map was complete. This was a challenge as after the cleaning cycle completed, it got stuck while trying to reach the dock. Primary reason was that the doorsills in my home are about 2.5 cm and it was struggling to climb those - it gave up on the last doorsill. Thankfully, I was able to recover the map by making it clean a small area near dock after setting virtual boundary on unsaved map. It then returned to the charging dock successfully and I was able to save the map.

The app automatically categorises each room into different zone, which we can change/merge at a later point of time. Virtual boundary function works well 95% of the time. It sometimes goes into the no-go zone but quickly comes out as soon as the location is validated. Today, I setup a cleaning sequence for all zones but it missed a part of one room and an entire room. Whether this was because there were people standing in the way for a specific room area or because the door to the missed room was closed when it passed by while going to designated area for cleaning remains to be checked.

The cleaning performance is awesome. It picks up more than 95% of the dust that my Dyson v6 cordless was able to pick and that too in the standard suction mode. It switches to higher suction automatically based on the surface but so far haven't seen that happening. Hair does get tangled in the brush and requires daily cleaning as otherwise the brush may get damaged. Filter and dust container need to be cleaned in 2-3 days.There is another brushless attachment which they have provided for daily cleaning but I don't know if it will be useful for Indian conditions. The main brush is for deep cleaning as per the company but seeing the amount of dust it picks up, i would prefer using main brush everyday. There is 1 set of side brushes, a set of disposable mop cloths, 1 re-useable microfibre mop cloth and 1 extra filter in the package. I haven't tried the mopping function yet. The location of the lidar dome is in the front near the brushes unlike Xiaomi or Roborock. this prevents it from going under some furniture. Nevertheless, it is quite slim and needs only 18 cm clearance. Battery life is really good though i need to see how this stands up during daily use. Initial runs to map the house took over 90 minutes and there was 50% battery life left after completion. The filter seems to be washable, so this is a good thing to ensure longevity. So far, just a bit of cleaning with the brush was sufficient.

I see that most accessories for Ozmo 920 will fit this model. I saw some imported kits selling for Rs.3200/. However, i think the kits from the company directly will be cheaper.

Hopefully, this initial feedback is useful for all.

Now I need to figure out how to make this climb the doorsills and am planning on sticking door seals to the floor so that the robot has a less abrupt climb path.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 12:56   #187
Senior - BHPian

Was just looking at the options I have if I hold onto the Xiaomi Vacuum Robot Order which is expected by 01 Dec.

I think most other brands offer a Vacuum Robot with Wet Mop only at 30K+.

So wondering if it makes sense to pick up a low end Vacuum Robot such as the Deebot 500 at 15K for the Interim and then sell it off on OLX once I receive the Xiaomi Vacuum Mop-P in December. Would it be a fair assumption that I would be able to sell the 15K Deebot at 70% of the value?

Rent a Robot would have worked best for me in the interim but not available yet in Bangalore : URL
Old 8th September 2020, 13:47   #188
Senior - BHPian

With the Indo-China border flare up, not cooling, I expect further delays. I'd look for other options (like iLife, etc), if I were you.
Quote:
Was just looking at the options I have if I hold onto the Xiaomi Vacuum Robot Order which is expected by 01 Dec
Old 8th September 2020, 16:08   #189
BHPian

Quote:
I think most other brands offer a Vacuum Robot with Wet Mop only at 30K+.
I just ordered an Eufy (by Anker) G10 Hybrid from Flipkart for 17k. Waiting for delivery, but it seems to be a VFM option with unique features like smart navigation & mop mode, which is impossible to find in this price range.

1) Gyro based navigation - not random. Navigates in straight lines.
2) Powerful suction without carpet brush - no getting stuck on hair or other debris.
3) Wet mopping mode.
4) Encouraging online reviews on youtube & other platforms.
5) Alexa / Google integration with app

Cons:
1) Can't clean deep carpets well due to the lack of aforementioned brush.
2) No physical service centers - you have to send the bot to Anker's service center in Chennai if something goes wrong.
3) No boundary walls / map support in app (No Lidar / Camera)
4) No carpet mode detection - will probably mop on your carpet if you are not careful!

https://www.flipkart.com/eufy-robova...mafce908c3d92c

Last edited by d3mon : 8th September 2020 at 16:13.
Old 8th September 2020, 17:38   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With the Indo-China border flare up, not cooling, I expect further delays. I'd look for other options (like iLife, etc), if I were you.
Isn't Xiaomi building this one in India ?
Also, the other brands also most of them are Chinese as well including iLife.
So I am wondering if that is the reason then why only Xiaomi is impacted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I just ordered an Eufy (by Anker) G10 Hybrid from Flipkart for 17k. Waiting for delivery, but it seems to be a VFM option with unique features like smart navigation & mop mode, which is impossible to find in this price range.
Thanks a lot - this looks good - feature loaded for the price. As I was browsing for it - realized that this is a New Launch:
Eufy by Anker Robovac G10 Hybrid Robot Vacuum-Mop Launched in India, Priced at Rs. 16,999: URL

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 8th September 2020 at 17:44.
Old 9th September 2020, 12:56   #191
BHPian

Update on Deebot 950 brushless vacuum attachment

Quote:
There is another brushless attachment which they have provided for daily cleaning but I don't know if it will be useful for Indian conditions. The main brush is for deep cleaning as per the company but seeing the amount of dust it picks up, i would prefer using main brush everyday.
I tried out the brushless vacuum attachment today and even that is very impressive. It picked up a similar amount of dust to the deep cleaning brush. An added advantage is that there is no need to clear hair tangles anymore and deep cleaning brush can only be used once a week thereby extending the life.

The primary consumables now would be the side brushes, mop cloths and filters.

I havent yet tried the mop and will update once I've used it.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 17:07   #192
Senior - BHPian

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Im in a bit of a dilemma here, we need to buy a good quality vaccum cleaner, just not sure whether its got to be a Robotic cleaner or a hi suction manual one like Dyson. Like a lot of people here, we have stopped services of our maid for the last 6 months now, so a Bosch dishwasher is on the way, hopefully in another one month. And now we are trying to address the next aspect, which is home cleaning.

I know that a Dyson and a Robotic vaccum cleaner are very different and people at times have both. But, there is a cost constraint and hence I need to have just either one for now.

I checked out the Dyson V8 and V10 today and they are surely impressive. But it sure is expensive for a manual device, nearly 45k for the v10. However why I find the Dyson to be a good device for multiple cleaning options, like window channels, fans, sofas etc. Also, my bed and the sofa are too close to the ground so the robotic cleaner cannot get in. And I have 3 balconies, which have French door channels, so the robotic cleaner cannot cross over to the balconies either.

Lastly, I think there is a general tendency of dust settling in many places very soon, so I was hoping that the Dyson would help me here.

But the flip side of the Dyson is that its still manual and no wet mopping feature either. And its as expensive as a robotic 2-in-1 cleaner.

Any feedback would be really helpful. Thanks!
Old 13th September 2020, 21:40   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
But the flip side of the Dyson is that its still manual and no wet mopping feature either. And its as expensive as a robotic 2-in-1 cleaner.
I was in a same kind of dilemma. Dyson was of stock. One day came across the Eureka Forbes Mop 'n Vac. It's corded stick type wet and dry vacuum cleaner cum mop priced around 22K. Asked for a demo. Was quite impressive with the cleaning. So ordered one and it using it for almost 2 months. So far pretty happy. We use it for cleaning ceramic tiled floors. The main drawbacks are its corded, so a bit messy and it's for cleaning floor. No other attachments are available. But it does its job well. We got a discount of Rs 1500 for exchanging our 20 year old vacuum cleaner.
Product link:
https://www.eurekaforbes.com/vacuum-...lean-mop-n-vac
Old 13th September 2020, 22:55   #194
BHPian

Perhaps someone has shared this opinion earlier. In that case please ignore this.

I bought a Dibea D900 wet and dry mop in 2018. It was alright for a small room at a time for 10k. However, within 1 year, the battery was too weak. One could not even operate it for 30 minutes without draining it. While the brushes are still available aplenty, the battery is not and I have to figure out a way to modify it to run on other battery packs.

I also felt that the cleaner charged about 20k a year and did a much better job. I could feel and smell the cleanliness. I always had issues with the cleaning on this one. Traditionally, vaccums are great for the developed countries where dust is low. In India, my home gets dusty within a day because it is in an area with lots of construction etc. Only a human can clean this place.

Until some brand like Asus or Samsung or even Apple makes a robotic cleaner, I am not buying one again. These things do substandard work and have no spares available easily. You may say that even hotels and airports use them- well, see the brands they use. All german brands with very good support and also they have a human coordinator either at the front or the back end. No system runs autonomously. The AI on these systems is like the one a second year CS engineering student would create using image processing algorithms. Nothing wrong with that, but calling them robots is nonsense in my humble opinion.

Spend your money wisely. Don't buy a china brand like Xiaomi or Dibea (they are really big in China) without talking to actual long term customers. Thanks.

Last edited by Cessna182 : 13th September 2020 at 22:56.
Cessna182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 09:02   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Im in a bit of a dilemma here, we need to buy a good quality vaccum cleaner, just not sure whether its got to be a Robotic cleaner or a hi suction manual one like Dyson. Like a lot of people here,
It is quite simple, if you/ other family members have enough time at hand to clean the house everyday, nothing beats manual cleaners but if you are short on time and for convenience, robotic cleaner works wonders. Once you are using Robotic cleaner, you may need to vacuum once every 30-45 days manually only. Drawback - it doesn't clean corners that effectively and may not be suitable for households which have lots of furniture. We have both manual as well as robotic but since the day robotic is in use, we have hardly felt the need to vacuum manually. Once in a few days, use a broom to dig out dirt/ web from corners and let robotic cleaner do it's job. If I had to pick between the two, robotic gets my money any day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks