Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2021, 12:11   #316
BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Need advice...

My flat will continue to get the jaadu pocha attention once a day by domestic help. That's not changing
I cant stand how dusty Noida gets. So I am essentially looking for supplementary cleaning. Read only vacuuming. Mopping will not be the priority
My flat is 2200 sq. ft with smooth ceramic flooring, no bumps and no carpets.

So:
  • Would the MI vacuum robot suffice my requirements? It seems I can schedule it to vacuum specific rooms when I want.
  • Any reason I should consider spending more than the 24,500 for Mi?
  • Upgrade alternatives appear to be Roomba i3 or the Deebot 950 at ~35,000 if I have to go beyond the Mi unit. Not inclined to spend more at this stage. Any suggestions on this?
Old 8th May 2021, 11:39   #317
BHPian

Ok Folks here is the 4-day review for the Milagrow IMAP 10 Galaxy model:-

1. The product was delivered 1 day prior to the date promised(4th May)
2. Setup was easy and the equipment was ready to use in no time.
3.Cleaning power(Vacuuming is Impressive) and you would be surprised the amount of dust it gathers in the bin.
4.Mopping is equally good and unless the stain is very stubborn it will clean it without issues.
5.Works equally well with Google Home
6.Battery backup is impressive. Mine is a small apartment 950 Sqft and it takes hardly 22% battery for the full chores. The total time taken is 30 minutes tops.
7. The mapping function is good however I found that once the robot failed to recognize the no go areas and tried to enter them which was strange.
8. The main problem I have faced is that the right bumper gets stuck/jammed randomly which requires manual intervention and I faced this problem pretty consistently.
9.The UI is very easy to use and is a no brainer.
10. The Quiet mode is quiet enough not to bother.
11. The Auto scrub mode although just used once does a good job.
12.The robot can manoeuvre tight spots with ease without banging into nearby objects which was impressive.
13.The BUMPER STUCK issue has lead me to initiate a replacement as it seems a genuine issue.

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the product and its performance and that's why instead of returning it I am getting it replaced. Amazon was quick to issue a replacement after hearing my woes and the replacement one will arrive in few days.

Will keep you guys posted if I faced any issues with the replacement one or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-screenshot_20210507092128_tuyasmart.jpg  

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-screenshot_20210507095400_tuyasmart.jpg  

Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?-20210508_114735.jpg  

Last edited by Artyom : 8th May 2021 at 11:48.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 11:08   #318
BHPian

Cecotec Conga 3290

I bought Conga 3290 from a shady importer and seller Frootle India Ltd Mumbai based (didn’t know this at the time of buying.) Cecotec is a well known brand in Europe only. Online reviews show product compares well with iRobot. But after using it I advise anyone against it. In any case the seller made a killing during lockdown and all the products are out of stock now. The customer care email and phone no’s don’t work. The app support is in Spanish. It is a confusing app. And the Indian Cecotec site is a fraud perpetrated by seller. Also a warning the seller imports and
sells number of household appliances as per flavour of the season and then goes silent. But the site makes you believe that the company has actually launched the product in India. Which is not true. Last seen he was selling some imported juicers. So you have been warned!!!

Anyway, the scheduling function has stopped working. The brushes and filter need replacement but there is no support. I would request if anybody here can help me out in restoring the scheduling function. The replacement parts I am trying to procure from abroad.

Thanks

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th May 2021 at 10:28. Reason: Fixing underline, bold tags.
MADMAX111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 10:18   #319
Senior - BHPian

Need some recommendation folks. I did go thru the thread and there seem to be a lot of options, thus making it more confusing to decide. A quick background, we are a family of 3, no pets, living in a 2bhk apartment, has 3 covered balconies, but I’m guessing the Robot will not be able to cross over to the balconies due to the glass dividers.
We already have a Dyson v10, but on a daily basis this is not the most user friendly and plus using the Dyson under the sofa or the bed is not ideal. Also, mopping is still manual.

So we are looking for a robotic cleaner, not something very expensive since we have already spent a good 45k on the Dyson.

I have seen favourable reviews for The Ecovacs T8 Ozmo from many fellow apartment residents, then Milagrow seems to have good reviews as well. And then there is the absolute value for money Mi Robotic cleaner. The milagrow imap nano seems to be the most expensive, at around 53k, followed by the Ecovacs at some 43k and then the mi is almost just half of these two at 25k.

If im not wrong, all of the above use LIDAR tech, so is there any particular reason why mi shouldn’t be considered given its fantastic value for money, or is there something that the Ecovacs and the Milagro are far superior in? Feedback or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 10th May 2021, 13:20   #320
BHPian

Go with the company which has substantial presence in India. It is a household gadget. Over time, you will need, replacement parts, like brushes, filters and battery. Go with the brand which can provide all this for next 5-7 years at least.

It is more useful for sweeping. Mopping can be done but takes a long time, and in Combo robots(sweep and mop both) the water tank is small, so only a small area can be mopped, before robot needs a refill. This negates the purpose as mopping needs continual intervention from you. One model from iroomba is a dedicated mopping robot. Iroomba has a sweeping robot and a mopping robot, which can be bought and operated in combination, where in the mop robot follows the sweeping robot automatically. It is a good but costly proposition.

Based on my own experience. As a gadget, robotic vacuum cleaners are a very good product. Especially in metros. You will realise it only after you use it.

Last edited by MADMAX111 : 10th May 2021 at 13:27.
Old 13th May 2021, 15:01   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Milagrow boss passes away:

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...42195.ece/amp/
Old 16th May 2021, 09:20   #322
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks - need some quick gyan from those who are using these products:
Fairly large independent home and we delayed our hi tech vacuum cleaner purchase for various reasons.
Now, I have 2 recommendations from folks who are very happy using these products, so looking for reasons why I should choose one over the other as my first purchase. Eventually, I may need both, but I'm not sure at this point.
1. Dyson V11 Absolute Pro (exchange offer ends in few hours)
2. Roomba robotic cleaner - friend has a Roomba 966 model that's 2 years old and swears by it. But now I see so many model ranges like s9, i3, i7, 900, 600

Last edited by NPV : 16th May 2021 at 09:23.
Old 16th May 2021, 10:14   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Fairly large independent home and we delayed our hi tech vacuum cleaner purchase for various reasons.
Now, I have 2 recommendations from folks who are very happy using these products, so looking for reasons why I should choose one over the other as my first purchase. Eventually, I may need both, but I'm not sure at this point.
2. Roomba robotic cleaner - friend has a Roomba 966 model that's 2 years old and swears by it. But now I see so many model ranges like s9, i3, i7, 900, 600
I think you will have to take the call. Both of them will serve different purposes. The Dyson is a fantastic and flexible product. Can be used all over the house, on furniture, ceilings, hard to reach places and can even vaccum your car with it. A robot is restricted to your floor which it will do a great job of vaccuming and a fair job of mopping.

If your goal is to manage the daily sweeping /mopping without any hassle go for the robot. If you don't mind the manual effort and want more flexibility go for the Dyson.

There are a lot of robots now in wide budgets, so do your research on what works for you before buying.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 11:03   #324
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using Dyson V11 for more than a year now and can whole heartedly recommend it. It takes me 30 mins to vacuum the house everyday but its worth it. Don't purchase it if you don't think anyone will be able spend that much time. It is not difficult but there needs to be discipline over daily effort.

Many people do not have that time or energy and Roomba becomes a good alternative for them. But I still feel nothing can beat manual vacuuming as you can see and clean the dust wherever it is.

Cleaning the tool: For best results and precautionary maintenance, I completely clean the v11 once every 10-12 days, that also takes around 15-20 minutes. Don't know much about Roomba to tell you what would that take. But these are utility machines and precautionary maintenance goes a long way towards extending their efficiency and life no matter which product you choose, so do factor that in as well.

Also, Dyson service in India is absolutely rocking.

Last edited by click : 16th May 2021 at 11:05. Reason: spelling, additional info.
click is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 11:37   #325
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I think you will have to take the call. Both of them will serve different purposes.
If your goal is to manage the daily sweeping /mopping without any hassle go for the robot. If you don't mind the manual effort and want more flexibility go for the Dyson.
Thanks for the easy to understand explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
I have been using Dyson V11 for more than a year now and can whole heartedly recommend it. It takes me 30 mins to vacuum the house everyday but its worth it. Don't purchase it if you don't think anyone will be able spend that much time. It is not difficult but there needs to be discipline over daily effort.
Also, Dyson service in India is absolutely rocking.
Thanks for the feedback, tips and comparison of Dyson Vs Roomba/robotic floor cleaner.

Decided to first get the Dyson V11 Absolute Pro.
I just placed the order online (with some help on their toll free number). Their website had a glitch preventing payment so had to call their toll free number and have the order placed by an agent. Received the payment link via email and completed order placement.

*Team BHP rocks yet again! I can't trust any other forum to get such candid, real world first hand experiences
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 13:40   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Thanks for the pointers from both of you. Was thinking about going with the Mi Robot Vacuum cleaner, but went against it and just placed the order for V11 Absolute pro (Blue/Nickel). Was planning to go for Gold(Limited edition it seems ), but the customercare executive told me that as per current scenario, the floor dock which comes with Gold edition is also available in the Blue/Nickel edition. So it was no-brainer. Plus an exchange bonus of 6k.
Quote:

*Team BHP rocks yet again! I can't trust any other forum to get such candid, real world first hand experiences
Absolutely. I always check our site before any purchase. Thanks, NPV for guiding me towards the exchange bonus. It is not available in the Amazon site, only at dyson site it seems.

Last edited by Vasuki : 16th May 2021 at 13:42.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 17:38   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the easy to understand explanation

Thanks for the feedback, tips and comparison of Dyson Vs Roomba/robotic floor cleaner.

Decided to first get the Dyson V11 Absolute Pro.
I just placed the order online (with some help on their toll free number).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Thanks for the pointers from both of you. Was thinking about going with the Mi Robot Vacuum cleaner, but went against it and just placed the order for V11 Absolute pro (Blue/Nickel).

I see both of you have gone ahead with the Dyson, excellent choice there. We bought a Dyson V10 about 6 months ago and it works quite well. Cannot believe the amount of dust it picks up.

However, I must share that it’s difficult to use the Dyson in places like under the sofa or even the kitchen since it must not be used in places where there is water on the surface. So in the long run, you may want to complement the Dyson with a Robotic Vaccum cleaner which can Mop and Vaccum as well. I’m on the lookout for such a 2-in-1 device, and since I have already invested nearly 45k on the Dyson, I’m not looking to spend really big on this, and the Mi becomes the default choice since it just costs 25k and its probably the cheapest LIDAR based Vaccum cleaner.
So I’m just saying that you may need to be prepared to invest in another appliance at some point later. This is probably true if you don’t have any help, we stopped our maid 1 year ago, bought a LG dishwasher, Dyson V10 and probably now going to buy the mi robotic Vaccum.
If you ask me, the dishwasher and the Dyson have been great investments. Probably we are still not using the Dyson in a variety of ways, maybe we will learn to use it better along the way.

And yes, my default reference point is Teambhp for anything, you have all kinds of experts here!

Last edited by motorworks : 16th May 2021 at 17:39.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 18:27   #328
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
However, I must share that it’s difficult to use the Dyson in places like under the sofa or even the kitchen since it must not be used in places where there is water on the surface. So in the long run, you may want to complement the Dyson with a Robotic Vaccum cleaner which can Mop and Vaccum as well.
So I’m just saying that you may need to be prepared to invest in another appliance at some point later.
Thanks for the feedback, yes I was thinking on similar lines, if you see my initial post, I'd also mentioned that at some point I may need to have both the Dyson as well as the Robotic vacuum cleaner/mop.

For now, we also do not have a maid, our decision to delay this purchase for more than a year was because the maid has been like a family member having worked at our home since 3 decades, we did not want her to lose the job. We continue to pay her salary though she isn't working currently, these are very difficult times for everyone.

Luckily our house doesn't get too dusty, so for now we should be good with the Dyson (I liked the flexibility that it will give to use it on floors, the car, the ceiling and even furniture) and eventually in about a year or so we may get the Robotic cleaner as well.

Edit:I heard very good feedback about the Roomba 966, an older model. A friend has been an early adopter and has been using it for about 2 years and loves it.
I don't see the 966 listed anymore, but they have the 976 that is retailing at a discounted price of 35k against regular price of 65k (really ?). Roomba's i3 and other models are much more expensive going towards 50k or more.

Last edited by NPV : 16th May 2021 at 18:35.
Old 17th May 2021, 00:23   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
However, I must share that it’s difficult to use the Dyson in places like under the sofa or even the kitchen since it must not be used in places where there is water on the surface.
Dyson has a low reach adapter for that purpose, don't know why it's not being sold in India though.

https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/tools/970790-01

There are other third party attachments which make it easy for low reach areas.

https://www.amazon.in/FidgetGear-Fle.../dp/B07Y66RGJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Was planning to go for Gold(Limited edition it seems ), but the customercare executive told me that as per current scenario, the floor dock which comes with Gold edition is also available in the Blue/Nickel edition. So it was no-brainer. Plus an exchange bonus of 6k.
V11 Gold edition was there since launch here in 2018.
The caveat back then was that v11 floor dok was sold only with the Gold variant and was not even sold as an accessory.

I had to find a friend who wanted the gold variant and didn't need the dock. I wanted the Blue variant and the dock. So we both ordered together and I paid him the difference for dok.

Since 2021, they are selling the v11 dok separately and are even budling it as free for the new V11 with swappable battery.

https://www.dyson.in/dyson-v11-dok

To be honest, the V10 dok was way more elegant and practical, but Dyson never sold this in India.
This could hold all the attachments in a neat concealed box, unlike V11 dok, which can only hold limited attachments.

https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/tools/968923-01

Last edited by sriharsha_m87 : 17th May 2021 at 00:36.
sriharsha_m87 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 09:38   #330
BHPian

Any inputs on after sales support and which all barnds have well spread out actual offices/ service centre in India. (Most of these are selling online only through Amazon or Flipkart.)

I think only Milagrow is manufacturing in India. Irobot, a very reputable brand, supposedly has only one distributor/ cum service centre in Bangalorr Puredirect or something. The Amazon reviews about sturdiness of product for Indian are conditions poor.

Most of the others are Chinese brands Robovac/ Eufy etc and they are well made and reasonable good AI (personal experience). However local presence in India and after sales is unknown. It is a gadget costing 50 K - 1 lac and cannot be thrown out after a year or so when Corona subsides and lockdown is lifted.

Actual experiences are welcome.

Last edited by MADMAX111 : 19th May 2021 at 09:39. Reason: Spelling
MADMAX111 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks