Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2021, 08:00   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
I have placed the order for iMAP 10 Galaxy and it's yet to arrive.1 day after placing the order I have received a few emails from Milagrow offering assistance with the equipment as soon as it arrives.
Thanks! The use case is split equally between the dry vacuum and wet mopping plus heavy duty requirements as the floor area is large. Multi maps also required.

Should I recommend 2 separate machines then? Am open to iRobot, Roborock & Ecovacs too if they are as good as they say.

Just saw iRobot has a new variant i3 at a launch price of 34900. Considering that plus a dedicated mop.

Last edited by itwasntme : 2nd May 2021 at 08:29.
Old 2nd May 2021, 09:27   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
We're using the Taurus Ultimate Lithium stick vacuum since the last 5 months. Although its a little underpowered at 100AW, it does a decent job for daily floor cleaning and occasional mattress cleaning. One charge lasts 2 days for our 2BHK apartment with 25mins usage per day. At under 10k, its a value for money product.
How are your long terms reviews of the product? Is it worth the money?
Old 2nd May 2021, 17:23   #303
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Requirements
- Sweep and Mop functions
- Automatic mapping
- Ability to target cleaning areas and mark areas as off-bounds
Almost all the units come with vacuum and mopping functions except iRobot.
Fully carpeted areas and decent sized big rugs are fine but if you have small flimsy rugs, they will move around if there is no proper grip.

Quote:
Can a single charge clean a 1500 sq flat in a single go.Any Idea ?Also how much time does it take on average for a single pass of cleaning.
Our cleaning typically take less than one hour for a single floor and about 30% of charge is used

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Okay, time to scare some cleaning maids :-).

1. Ecovac Deebot T8 (43K) or 950 (33K)
2. Milagrow iMAP 10 Galaxy (40K)
3. Roborock S5 Max (55K)
4. iLife V Series
5. Eufy range

Any thoughts?
A quick update from my side based on one week's experience with Ozmo T8 + Pro Mop System

As the Covid cases were rapidly rising, we started wondering if it is better to switch to automatic cleaning methods. Sometime back my brother and his next door neighbor had started using the Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P and I started my research on the same after getting good feedbacks from both of them. Ours is a duplex house, so I wanted something, which can save multiple floor maps and really good battery backup. After doing some online research for a couple of days, I short-listed on Ecovacs Ozmo 950 and Ozmo T8. Roborock S5 and S6 models also looked good but on the pricier side and again they don't have a Pro Mop system like one available with T8. My in-laws also stays with us, so I was sure, unless I get a good mopping system which can do a better cleaning than our maid, they won’t be happy with it and it is going to sit idle, so I decided to get the T8 model with a Pro Mop as an additional accessory.

Why Ecovacs Ozmo T8 against Ozmo 950

Support for OZMO PRO Mopping Accessory Kit
Good for tough stains

Positives:

Battery backup is good, only about 30-40% is getting used for one floor for us. Pro mop uses more battery as it uses high frequency vibrations to simulate the hand mopping.
Ability to create multi floor maps
Options to set virtual wall, different vacuum and mopping modes for each room and “no go” zones
Auto detection of floors in a multi floor home
Auto detection of mats and avoiding them while mopping
5200mAH battery which can work for 3+hr
Two brushes in the front as against one found in the most of the models

Negatives:

T8 with the accessory costs 47k against Ozmo 950 (34k). (You get 5% discount with an Amazon ICICI card with prime membership for any product from Amazon)
The mopping pads on the Pro Mop unit and the regular Mop tank on the T8 unit are NOT compatible
The mopping pad is NOT reusable and I feel you can use it only a couple of times. It costs around Rs 1000/ for 25 disposable units.
The docking station has to be carried each time between each floor, else it may not work. I’m not sure if the docking alone can be brought as a separate unit.

Limitations with Robot based vacuuming and cleaning:

Due to the round shape, a small area in the corners can’t be cleaned (a few square inches) properly and this is a limitation with almost any unit except iRobot S9 and S9+ (D shaped front side)
When humans are cleaning, we can simply move/lift chairs and small furniture and clean under them but Robot just goes around them or under them if there is enough clearance and opening.

User experience:

The installation and usage a straight forward and simple. We faced and issue with creating multi floor map as we were not powering off the unit while starting with a different floor, so the first map got extended. We called the customer care and realized the mistake when they mailed the instructions, so we had to recreate the maps from the beginning for each floor.
Generally, it gives a warning to clean the mopping pad when half of the house is done, so you have to take care to clean the mopping cloth. So far, either we have been using the standard mopping tank or the Pro mop unit based on the floor and the cleaning requirements or a mix by changing the unit in the middle after a few rooms. The standard itself does a good job and it is satisfactory. You can easily customize the vacuum mode and mopping mode like vacuum suction power, amount of water to be used, how times each room should cleaned etc. Our kitchen is very dirty after a heavy cooking, so we used to do two rounds of mopping for kitchen and utility till we switched to Pro Mop.

Maintenance and Cleaning:

It will take about 5minutes of cleaning after each cycle to clear the vacuum bins and wash the reusable mopping pads. All the accessories are available in Amazon as of you and I hope it will continue the same way as more people are starting to use these products. Need a weekly cleaning of the wheels and the areas around the sensors else the drop sensors may not detect correctly.

Important points for multi floor users:

When you are done with one floor, make sure to carry the charger to the other floor. Power cycle the unit when moving to a new floor, else the map gets extended or overwritten for the very first time as the units thinks that you are continuing the cleaning for the same floor. Later on this may not be required but we now always power cycle and carry the charger between each floors, so that it can go back to the charging station at the end and start charging.

Best Robot vacuums 2020

A good comparison video between various models but only few of them are available in India

Last edited by sgm : 2nd May 2021 at 17:26.
sgm is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 17:31   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! The use case is split equally between the dry vacuum and wet mopping plus heavy duty requirements as the floor area is large.
Since your usage is more so you should be looking at a robotic cleaner with a bigger battery.FYI Milagrow iMAP Galaxy has a 3200Mah battery as against the iMAP Nano and Pro models have 5200 Mah battery which should last longer.The cleaning power is preety much the same across models.Plus the Pro models have 2 year warranty but costs 69000.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 17:44   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post

Negatives:

T8 with the accessory costs 47k against Ozmo 950 (34k). (You get 5% discount with an Amazon ICICI card with prime membership for any product from Amazon)
The mopping pads on the Pro Mop unit and the regular Mop tank on the T8 unit are NOT compatible
The mopping pad is NOT reusable and I feel you can use it only a couple of times. It costs around Rs 1000/ for 25 disposable units.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=bYjlDwY9wPo&t=87s
Thanks! Amazing real feedback . Could not find the Pro Mop accessory or the 25 disposable ones on Amazon. Where did you get them from?
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 18:19   #306
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Amazing real feedback . Could not find the Pro Mop accessory or the 25 disposable ones on Amazon. Where did you get them from?
Hi itwasntme,

Here are the links to buy them from Amazon

Ecovacs Ozmo T8 Pro Mop:

https://www.amazon.in/ECOVACS-Moppin...8L23X45Q&psc=1

Disposable mopping pads for Ozmo T8 Pro Mop:

https://www.amazon.in/ECOVACS-D-MM25...8HZFF9MV&psc=1

The accessory comes pre-loaded along with an additional pack of 10 disposable pads, so no need to buy it to start with even if you decide to get this unit. I feel it is possible to wash it gently and reuse it a couple of times as it is microfiber and we are doing the same. Not sure how long a disposable pad is going to last.
sgm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 19:16   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
How are your long terms reviews of the product? Is it worth the money?
It worked fine for a year but developed a snag in suction there on. I did not bother to check/fix as the Mi Robot has taken its place. A service might get it back to life. I'll have to get it done at some point if somebody is able to do or will have to do some DIY fixing.
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 20:30   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Here are the links to buy them from Amazon
Sincere apologies, must be the brain fog going around. Bought 2 of the T8 + Pro Mop, one for neighbour and one for self. .

Didn't buy the 25x pack yet as it seems to be in ready supply. Or should I?
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 21:15   #309
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
Sincere apologies, must be the brain fog going around. Bought 2 of the T8 + Pro Mop, one for neighbour and one for self. .

Didn't buy the 25x pack yet as it seems to be in ready supply. Or should I?
It is readily available, so there is no need to stock up, else Amazon will jack up the price seeing many searches and orders
sgm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 23:13   #310
BHPian

Hey Guys, how is the mopping quality of Mi Robot? Can it remove stubborn kitchen stains?
Old 6th May 2021, 00:36   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys, how is the mopping quality of Mi Robot? Can it remove stubborn kitchen stains?
Mopping quality of pretty much any robot is just about an OK job, I really doubt any of these would be able to remove a semi stubborn stain, forget stubborn,

My iLife A9s just does a very medicore job of mopping, it's the dry clean that it does real well.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 08:25   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I was contemplating between the Ecovacs 950 and Milagrow iMAP 10 Galaxy .
The deciding factor was that Ecovacs only has a service center in Delhi whereas Milagrow has a service center in Bangalore which was a priority for me.
Will keep everyone posted with the initial reviews after I use it.
I was in the same situation and went for the Milagrow. Most of the negative reviews had service and support as an issue for the ecovac 950 with several folks returning due to issues. In addition since the ecovac seems to be highly discounted from the MRP, there seemed to be a suspicion that some folks are getting refurbished units. So felt it a risk.

Quote:
Okay, time to scare some cleaning maids :-).
Budget around 50K and I have told her about brands like Milagrow, iLife, Eufy, Ecovac etc. She likes the idea of a BLR/India based brand and service network. My options:

1. Ecovac Deebot T8 (43K) or 950 (33K)
2. Milagrow iMAP 10 Galaxy (40K)
3. Roborock S5 Max (55K)
4. iLife V Series
5. Eufy range

Any thoughts?
Just got the Milagrow Galaxy. As soon as I ordered , got a flurry of emails and WhatsApp messages. Post receiving, I asked a clarification and was told an online demo will be arranged. No news after that. Did not follow up since I figured out my questions by reading the manual.

Initial impressions seem good. It covers all accessible areas very well. Have done mopping only once, seems to be just about ok as expected from a robomop. Will update with a detailed review after a few more uses.
Old 6th May 2021, 08:39   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Been using a Roborock S5 Max, Eufy and Viomi V2 Pro over the last couple of months. Roborock S5 Max offers the best performance out of these and costs about 40k from Gearbest. Ordered the second S5 Max a few days ago for the first floor.
Hey, did you order from Gearbest? It seems to be a US site - do they ship to India? And the concerns w.r.t custom duty in India?
What is the delivery time of the robot?

Quote:
The accessory comes pre-loaded along with an additional pack of 10 disposable pads, so no need to buy it to start with even if you decide to get this unit. I feel it is possible to wash it gently and reuse it a couple of times as it is microfiber and we are doing the same. Not sure how long a disposable pad is going to last.
Hey sgm, did you search about spares and service for Ecovacs?

I am considering either of the Roborock S5 max or Ecovacs Ozmo T8 + Mopping accessory as mopping is also an important criteria for me.

Looks like folks are talking about service concerns with Roborock, hence wanted to know if the same exists with Ecovacs as well?
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 09:54   #314
sgm
BHPian

Quote:

Hey sgm, did you search about spares and service for Ecovacs?

I am considering either of the Roborock S5 max or Ecovacs Ozmo T8 + Mopping accessory as mopping is also an important criteria for me.

Looks like folks are talking about service concerns with Roborock, hence wanted to know if the same exists with Ecovacs as well?
Hi ank.nsit,
Spares are available from Amazon in different combinations. You can get the brushes, pad, filter etc, so this is a good thing.
Service is a grey area for me and definitely, I am concerned. These devices are expected to work for many years or at least a couple of years and we can’t change them like we change our phones. Contacted the customer care once when we had trouble with creating a new map for a different floor and they provided the instructions by mail and we realized our mistake.
sgm is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 12:26   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Contacted the customer care once when we had trouble with creating a new map for a different floor and they provided the instructions by mail and we realized our mistake.
sgm, could not control the 'Last Supper' mindset and bought a set of the accessories . Very reasonably priced and makes the iRobot prices look insane.

Have descended into an orgy of cleaning since yesterday evening. Already cleaned our G+2 villa thrice . Very very happy with the experience. CLeaning maid already told she will need to look for an alternative job once her paid holiday ends.

I am facing some issues with the multi-maps. Can you post the instructions you received here? If not, PM them to me? I also hope that Ecovacs increases the number of maps to 10 like Mi has done with their Mop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks