Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2020, 14:13   #106
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Why spend so much on those dyson, just for the cordless factor?

If you want proper cleaning that will last decades get a dust extractor used by the construction industry mostly in western countries and in the hotel industry.

I have a Fein dust extractor with a reviewed air watts of over 800, no substitute to suction and air flow of dust extractors compared to shiny toys like dyson.

In India you have ones from Bosch, Fein, Makita, Hitachi and dewalt. Most dust extractors like the ones from german bosch/fein etc have a common interchangeable attachments.

Last edited by aim120 : 9th June 2020 at 14:17.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 14:37   #107
BHPian

A good cordless will make the cleaning a breeze. One of the main disadvantage of the cordless used to be the suction capacity. But with V10 and v11, Dyson matches or exceeds most corded vacuums for housework.

As for the debate on what is more practical, corded or cordless... I have a corded industrial eureka which used to take nearly 1.5 hours to get through the house and still have dust on the floor, vs V11 which takes less then 50 mins and I can walk barefoot without a worry if I want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Why spend so much on those dyson, just for the cordless factor?

If you want proper cleaning that will last decades get a dust extractor used by the construction industry mostly in western countries and in the hotel industry.

I have a Fein dust extractor with a reviewed air watts of over 800, no substitute to suction and air flow of dust extractors compared to shiny toys like dyson.

In India you have ones from Bosch, Fein, Makita, Hitachi and dewalt. Most dust extractors like the ones from german bosch/fein etc have a common interchangeable attachments.
Old 9th June 2020, 14:40   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
There's a color display (might be oled - not sure) at the back of the stick with a button to select modes.
They usually get re stocked within a week on their website. My friend had to wait couple of days after I got it as it was out of stock too. Would advice you to call and ask them directly.

Quote:
I also got a Black+Decker steam mop to make the wiping (pocha) step easy. It releases steam from the bottom and the floor becomes spotlessly clean even when there are oil stains.
Reign.. could you give more info on the steam mop? as in the model and ease of use.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th June 2020 at 14:51. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Old 9th June 2020, 14:58   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
A good cordless will make the cleaning a breeze. One of the main disadvantage of the cordless used to be the suction capacity. But with V10 and v11, Dyson matches or exceeds most corded vacuums for housework.

As for the debate on what is more practical, corded or cordless... I have a corded industrial eureka which used to take nearly 1.5 hours to get through the house and still have dust on the floor, vs V11 which takes less then 50 mins and I can walk barefoot without a worry if I want to.
Why difference of 40min between the two, no idea about Eureka.

I have a 4 meter hose and about 6 meter plug with which I can cover about 900sq feet and its presses against the floor with shear suction. The ball bearing wheels making it a breeze to move around, you don't even feel you are pulling something, compared to a cordless vacs weight of the battery and motor.

BTW I am talking about dust extractors/ shop vacs which have fare more power and suction.
https://fein.com/en_in/surface-proce...-25-l-0313217/
https://www.bosch-pt.co.in/in/en/pro...sfc-06019C3060
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 15:00   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I have a Xiaomi Cleaning bot. Bought from Shenzhen China. Has been a boon during the Covid Lockdown.

We have named it "Ramu kaka".
Lol! We call ours Jarvis

It's been a life saver. Unable to clean corners is the biggest negative. But I am willing to overlook that.

Never felt battery is insufficient. Ours is a 1000 sq feet carpet area flat.

No complaints with the dust capacity as well. Of course being in Singapore, dust level is way lesser than Indian cities, so that helps a bit as well. However I think it is a very well rounded product. Easily reduces atleast 80% load of cleaning the house.

Although it has a mop function as well, we still do the mopping manually.

Last edited by vibbs : 9th June 2020 at 15:02.
Old 9th June 2020, 16:01   #111
BHPian

The one's you have linked are fairly modern, my eureka is 20 year old and looks like a r2d2 from Star Wars. the ones you link to are far more advanced. But the time saving is the biggest benefit of being cordless... lugging a corded one from room to room and extending and managing the wire, etc is all gone. Cordless are quick and nimble. There are still area's where corded reign like suction and constant power, but v11 performs enough for a household.

The second biggest advantage of dyson is that the attachments click-in vs the old eureka I have and the ones you have shown... the attachments are pushed into each other which come about loose very often.

Dyson are very expensive...yes, and my mom was exasperated when I got it... but now we all regard it as an investment as she loves the difference in performance.

Quote:
Why difference of 40min between the two, no idea about Eureka.

I have a 4 meter hose and about 6 meter plug with which I can cover about 900sq feet and its presses against the floor with shear suction. The ball bearing wheels making it a breeze to move around, you don't even feel you are pulling something, compared to a cordless vacs weight of the battery and motor.

BTW I am talking about dust extractors/ shop vacs which have fare more power and suction.
https://fein.com/en_in/surface-proce...-25-l-0313217/
https://www.bosch-pt.co.in/in/en/pro...sfc-06019C3060
Old 9th June 2020, 16:10   #112
Senior - BHPian

Dyson demo is closed in Bangalore. Only Croma, Koramangala was open. I went to try the Dyson V11, but found it pretty heavy on the arm to use in comparison with V8 Absolute. The soft roller attachment, (in all absolute models), is dream stuff. Since it was not a firm decision, (as I wanted the V11 - but not sure), shall wait a day before I choose with finality.
Quote:
This is what it looks like - no idea what display tech it uses but the blacks are pretty good. For me it was a no brainer to get the V11 as the price difference between it and V10 was just 7k. The extra power and battery life more than makes up for this miniscule extra cost.
Old 9th June 2020, 21:38   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Try lugging in around 3 floors everyday and it will feel like a chore. Also your house is tiny. I have a 2 storey 3000sq ft house where portability is of major concern.

My entire house takes less than 30 minutes to clean with the Dyson.
Old 9th June 2020, 21:43   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Reign.. could you give more info on the steam mop? as in the model and ease of use.
Look up black and decker 1616 steam mop. It's corded electric but very easy to use and gets rid of stuck stuff a vacuum cleaner can't remove - e.g. oil stains on the floor in the kitchen. Just fill up the water bottle and mop the floor. Super simple!
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 00:32   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Try lugging in around 3 floors everyday and it will feel like a chore. Also your house is tiny. I have a 2 storey 3000sq ft house where portability is of major concern.

My entire house takes less than 30 minutes to clean with the Dyson.
I highly doubt you can do 2 storey in 30min, unless you are not doing through cleaning job such as skipping the floor below any furniture like the maids.

I don't know if you meant 3000sq feet for the house or per floor if its the latter there is no way you can do it in 30min.

I meant I can cover 900 sq feet of the about 1500 sq feet carpet area per floor from a single plug point without removing the plug.

Yes lugging it around won't be pleasant, which is why I have one each per floor just like my fridges and Washing Machine, ovens etc all have one each per floor for convenience and redundancy and it still cheaper then a dyson at around 25k for the Fein and 15k for the bosch 2014 price. The bosch in that link though equivalent to fein however costs 45k.
Also Wet suction and cleaning car interiors and tank like build is where it clearly is better.

My house is not exactly tiny, the 1500sq feet is the indoor carpet area per floor and doesn't include the site length long car park, front garden with trees, garage/tool/parts storage area and the sit out on top the of garage.
Old 10th June 2020, 09:23   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I highly doubt you can do 2 storey in 30min, unless you are not doing through cleaning job such as skipping the floor below any furniture like the maids.

I don't know if you meant 3000sq feet for the house or per floor if its the latter there is no way you can do it in 30min.
3230 sq ft BUA for all 3 floors. 1400 sq ft outdoor area. I do not vacuum the latter daily but do the former. Its easy to do in 30-40 mins including the staircase. That is the bonus of a stick vacuum that is battery operated. People worldwide are moving to these as they are convenient to use on a daily basis. Dyson isn't the only company out there. There are others but most are unavailable here as usual.

Quote:
I meant I can cover 900 sq feet of the about 1500 sq feet carpet area per floor from a single plug point without removing the plug.

Yes lugging it around won't be pleasant, which is why I have one each per floor just like my fridges and Washing Machine, ovens etc all have one each per floor for convenience and redundancy and it still cheaper then a dyson at around 25k for the Fein and 15k for the bosch 2014 price. The bosch in that link though equivalent to fein however costs 45k.
Also Wet suction and cleaning car interiors and tank like build is where it clearly is better.

My house is not exactly tiny, the 1500sq feet is the indoor carpet area per floor and doesn't include the site length long car park, front garden with trees, garage/tool/parts storage area and the sit out on top the of garage.
In your earlier post you mentioned 900 sq ft so I assumed the same as the size of your house. Apologies. Anyways to each his own. i don't have the patience or inclination of buying a set of appliances for each floor and then wasting space in a closet for them multiple times. Nor do I require 800 AW of suction. To each his own.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 10th June 2020 at 09:25.
Old 10th June 2020, 10:17   #117
Senior - BHPian

We got the B&D steam mop free with some purchases, four years back. Though the demo was impressive, it did not really clean very well. The steam made the floor sticky (for dust accumulation and greying, not touch) in few areas (some wooden flooring gave way and ceramic tiles got tiny abrasions and micro holes). So we gave it away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I have the normal (non-mopping one), I think without washing and squeezing, this kind of equipment will be very inefficient at mopping. Hair does get stuck but that hasnt slowed down the device (yet?).
Old 10th June 2020, 11:48   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its easy to do in 30-40 mins including the staircase. That is the bonus of a stick vacuum that is battery operated.
Heartily agree. We have a V8 Absolute (if I remember correctly) as well as a traditional Karcher wet/dry 'R2D2' unit, and we inevitably use the former even though the latter is more powerful and effective.

The convenience of a stick cordless is superb, and what Reignochaos has mentioned is especially true in a multi-level residence. We also have a G+2 2800 square feet villa and there is no way anyone (apart from me) can lug that heavy bulky Karcher up and down stairs. Doing staircases also is nearly impossible with the traditional cleaner as is storage.

I'd recommend a handheld cordless any day. Only issue is battery life and relatively lower suction power.

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th June 2020 at 11:50.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 12:07   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
We got the B&D steam mop free with some purchases, four years back. Though the demo was impressive, it did not really clean very well. The steam made the floor sticky (for dust accumulation and greying, not touch) in few areas (some wooden flooring gave way and ceramic tiles got tiny abrasions and micro holes). So we gave it away.
I just put a bit of lizol on the floor and turn the fan on. This should ideally not be used on wooden flooring. On those vacuuming is enough. The rest of the floor in my house is marble and it does a real good job on it.
Old 10th June 2020, 16:21   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
V11 is out of stock everywhere (the model has an additional LED display I believe). I'm surprised such an expensive vac is selling so well. Shall head to their showroom in VR Mall one of these days and check it out.
V8, V10 and V11 are all out of stock. I called Dyson customer care and was told that stocks are expected probably by the month-end. So, ended up ordering iRobot 600 Series Roomba 606 on Amazon. Even that has gone out of stock now. Received the product last evening, yet to try.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks