Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2023, 10:55   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Call Mi service center and they'll bring the battery and change it. Need to pay battery cost and service charge if out of warranty. Relacing battery isn't that difficult but Mi won't sell it to you.
Thank you for the pointer. I called at the local service centre but they didn't took the call. I have put a service request through their website stating the issue and time slot. Let's see if they contact me. If you have any idea, can you also share the cost of battery and the MI service charges. Thanks!
Old 24th July 2023, 08:16   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Thank you for the pointer. I called at the local service centre but they didn't took the call. I have put a service request through their website stating the issue and time slot. Let's see if they contact me. If you have any idea, can you also share the cost of battery and the MI service charges. Thanks!
Service charge is ₹399+taxes.. I'm not sure about the cost of battery tbh. I think it's in the range of 1800.
devilicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 16:57   #183
BHPian

Has anyone purchased extended warranty for the robot? I understand that it's provided by Oneassist but they take into consideration the value of the robot as 25k instead of 29.9k for Mop 2 Pro.

If yes, how are their services?
Old 10th August 2023, 12:37   #184
BHPian

Recently came across something which wasn't an issue on Mop P (previous version) but it's there on Mop 2 Pro..

I mapped my house however in one room, there was some extra furniture kept which has now been removed however, Robot will never scan and update this portion of the house at all.

Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review-screenshot_20230810_092329_mi-home.jpg

See the grey portion in living room. In previous Robot (Mop P), it would automatically scan the room in next run cycle and update the map or you can force it by vacuuming along the edges. But not in Mop 2 pro.

Is there a way to do this? I don't want to map the whole house again.
Old 10th August 2023, 13:07   #185
BHPian

Quote:

Manually select the room for cleaning and then add virtual walls which will force the Vacuum Mop to enter the grey area.

Last edited by mjumrani : 10th August 2023 at 13:11. Reason: More Information
Old 13th August 2023, 10:20   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Manually select the room for cleaning and then add virtual walls which will force the Vacuum Mop to enter the grey area.
I tried that but it only vaccums the part it considers "room"and return.
Old 14th August 2023, 10:29   #187
BRV
BHPian

Quote:

Create a new map and save it separately. We can save multiple maps. I currently have 2 maps one with furniture moved and another with furniture in place. Weekly once I move the furniture for cleaning and use the second map.
BRV is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 02:47   #188
BHPian

My Service Ordeal with MI vacuum mob p.

We purchased on Apr/2021 and it was working as expected until May/2023. Somewhere in the month of May vacuum cleaner stops working and shuts down within 10 mins of cleaning process (cleaning mode - silent & vacuum). It comes alive after docking it manually and the battery percentage shows 60% and above. I put it back to charge for 100% and started again, same issue occurred. I tried to troubleshoot by Reset maps, reset machine setup options but the issue persists. So I decided to log a service issue with MI.

Here comes the unpleasant service experience with MI.

• 1st issue - I tried logging complaint through MI online portal. After entering required information, I clicked on submit but the page doesn’t navigate further it just hang. Tried multiple times but was not successful. (I have successfully logged a complaint 6 months back in the same portal for a minor issue)
  • 2nd issue - Called their toll free number and asked to register a complaint but they don’t take complaints through call as per their process(this is a bummer) and asked to register it through portal and I informed it’s not working. So they shared a link through SMS to log the complaint through a mobile app. This is a separate app for logging complaints and not the one which we use to control the MI products. As an end user I prefer to have one app which it should help to control, troubleshoot and log complaints if needed.
  • 3rd issue - I opened the App link shared through sms and the app is available only on Play Store and not in App Store. A global product and it’s horrible they don’t have this option. In my case my wife uses Android phone so I got a way to install the app and log a service request. But what if we both use a iOS device. That app has some UI issues which it requires a post on its own.
  • 4th issue - After registering the complaint through app, I received a call from customer care and they doesn’t bother to know what is the issue and his job is to confirm I have an issue and my product is out of warranty and service personal will charge Rs. 400. I asked about the new battery cost and they don’t know about it.
  • 5th issue - Service personal visited (I’ll mention as X) and he checked the machine and confirms that it needs a battery replacement and 2 in 1 dust compartment was also not reading and he told that he will order both items and can replace it in 3-4 days of time. He charged Rs.400 for site visit and no bill provided for this service charge. Then I checked the app and it shows my complaint is resolved. How come a complaint can be closed without actually resolving it? There is no process like getting OTP/happy code from customer by the service personal or no calls from customer care before closing it. Basically we(consumers) don’t have any control over the complaint we register. It’s just closed once the service personal visits the site.
  • 6th issue - For replacing battery another service personal came (I’ll mention as Y) and he brought a battery which was in a small carton box, it is not sealed and the product info sticker doesn’t had manufactured date or site location. I asked whether it’s new to Y and he told its manufactured on July. Only god knows the truth. While replacing he told that MI has a process to safe disposal of battery and asked me to drop it in shopping malls where they collect these kind of e-wastes or other option is he can take it for safe disposal. I never saw something like that in mall, so I asked him to take it for safe disposal. He charged Rs. 4445 for both battery and 2 in 1 dust compartment. We checked the machine for some 15 mins it worked fine and I had to go out so didn’t continued to check full cleaning as it will take 35 mins to complete. I paid the amount and asked for the bill and Y told that he forgot to carry the bill and will hand it over tomorrow. Also promised to send a copy through WhatsApp same day evening. Which I’m still awaiting to receive.
  • 7th issue - Next day morning I turned on vacuum cleaner, it was 100% charged and started cleaning. After 15 mins it just shut down same as before. I realised my fault that I would have checked completely when battery was replaced. So now I have a battery replaced not sure whether it’s brand new and don’t have a bill for it. At this point of time I’m suspicious about what Y told on safe disposal of old batteries. What if he had collected an old battery from someone and fixed to me and evasive on providing a bill. So I called Y and informed about the issue and also asked him to get back the old battery. He visited next day, handed over my old battery and verified the machine and he told that new battery also having issue and it can be replaced in 90 days warranty period and no charges. He asked me to register one more complaint for this. I asked Y about the bill and he cooked up some reason for again not bringing the bill.
  • 8th issue - Logged another complaint and informed to Y and he promised that he will visit next day to replace the battery. He didn’t turned up on the said day and I tried to reach him a day after, he didn’t answered. I checked the latest complaint that I registered and to my surprise it was cancelled. I was furious and tried reaching Y multiple times and he didn’t answer. I called X and I told the background and asked where is their service center located. X told there is no such place and they deal complaints through online. So I asked his manager/supervisor number which he promised to message but didn’t sent. Again called him, after multiple attempts he answered and shared his manager number.
  • 9th issue - Luckily the manager picked up call in 1st attempt today and I briefed about my horrible experience of battery replacement and he told that there is some issue with Y and he is absconding and will be taking stringent action. I told him politely that there is no use for me on taking action against your service personal. All I need is a bill for my purchase and a quick replacement battery. He told that he will share a copy in WhatsApp and call back in sometime about when he can arrange another service personal. I’m still awaiting for his call

To conclude MI don’t have any control over their servicing team, I believe it is outsourced. As a product it is very good but battery is a major item where most of the consumers have to replace it over the time. They need to bring in some process/control to ensure the product support. Else it will be like same old days how we call it as China make - buy for cheap, use it and throw away. No warranty. But in this case it is not cheap.

I’ll update if there is further development on this issue.
Kashief is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 07:55   #189
BHPian

Their spare parts seller is on the similar lines. Ordered 2 replacement filters, got one only. There is no way to raise a dispute.
Old 20th August 2023, 15:23   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashief View Post
To conclude MI don’t have any control over their servicing team, I believe it is outsourced. As a product it is very good but battery is a major item where most of the consumers have to replace it over the time. They need to bring in some process/control to ensure the product support. Else it will be like same old days how we call it as China make - buy for cheap, use it and throw away. No warranty. But in this case it is not cheap.
Same horrible experience with me. More or less, 3 months, no resolution and god knows if they took out parts from my vaccum to use somewhere else during this time. Customer service is clueless and teethless. Escalating to grievance cell doesn't help either. Overall, MI is going to die a slow and confirmed death if this continues.
Old 21st August 2023, 19:53   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashief View Post
My Service Ordeal with MI vacuum mob p.

I’ll update if there is further development on this issue.
Today morning I called service manager and he confirmed that Mr. Y will reach my home by 12pm to replace the battery with new one. I asked him to handover the bill without fail.

Y reached on time and replaced vacuum cleaner with new battery and this time the small carton box was sealed properly and he cut open the MI sticker in front of me. Replaced the battery, turned ON and I asked him to stay until it completes full cleaning which took 35 mins. It worked as expected and he prepared the bill but missed to mention 2 in 1 dust compartment amount, so asked Y to include it. Bill didn’t have serial number of battery or any unique code. I asked him how do you honour the warranty without unique identity. Y told, same process like what I did last time, I have to log a compliant then they will come and replace it free of cost within 90 days. I asked him, in this case I have my old battery what if I install the old one and log a false claim. Without hesitation Y told that they will come and replace without charge.

Definitely there is a loop hole and service personal/consumer can misuse it. God bless MI service support.
Kashief is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 10:42   #192
Senior - BHPian

Glad you finally got it resolved. Even I had to run around trying to get my device fixed up. Absolutely horrendous after sales support for what is otherwise a good product.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 12:12   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

I got the battery changed for the robot by MI by placing a service request on MI website for the 2nd or 3rd time.

First someone from MI central customer care called and told me that battery will be replaced by the next day. However, this was followed by a call from the local service center telling me that they don't have the battery in stock and they will need to order the same. For this, they would need the serial number of my device which I shared with them over WhatsApp. However the turnaround time was relatively quick and they procured the battery in 3 days and called me asking when I am available for the service. Finally it was done yesterday and the robot turned on without any issues and is working fine.

The cost of battery is Rs. 1999+ 18% GST and labour is Rs. 399+ 18% GST total amounting to Rs. 2830/-

Cost of battery is fine but I felt that labour for changing the battery is on the higher side. It is a 2 minute job even for a noob as only a compartment cover needs to be opened to have access to the battery which is connected by a small clip connector. If they had sold me the battery OTC, it would have been nice. But happy to get the robo back to work.

Last edited by saket77 : 27th September 2023 at 12:22.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 15:33   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any way to 'turn-off' the robot completely through the app? The physical button, if pressed and held for a few seconds shuts down the machine completely. I was wondering if the same can be done through the app or by way of scheduling.
Old 27th November 2023, 13:21   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
One thing which I hate about the MI Robo is the experience of buying consumables.

They have a website created by fresher, where you enter details and 9 out of 10 times it does not work and end in error. only reliable way is to order through phone.

But... Once you order they wont send anything, after 1 week they will send you a email with QR code or mobile number to send money to some account to a dealer/supplier. After another 1 week they will send you the consumables. How is this secure way or ordering consumables?

https://miservicemanager.mi.com/productConsumable.html

Why are they sending through dealer and not directly, are they doing some illegal things like they are not supposed to sell the consumables directly and selling only through some dealer ? this makes me think MI is doing something fishy or illegal?

If they are directly selling Air-purifier and water-purifier consumables directly in their website, why are they not selling MI robo consumables?

This is shameless thing MI is doing, hope someone can reachout to their management and report this. I have complained many times in customer care and twitter, but no use, the procedure remains same...
Over a year and this still hasn't changed. Got a link from some third party email address for the payment. Called mi customer care and as usual, they have no idea about the mail, neither can they check anything with the Order number that gets generated from this link. Mi customer care is an absolute disaster. Now I'm not sure if I should make the payment on it or not.

Last edited by devilicious : 27th November 2023 at 13:24. Reason: Correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks