Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2021, 17:00   #106
BHPian

Re: Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
As someone who has been using Dyson for past 1year and purchased this Mi vac & mop just a week before -- I'm not at all satisfied with the robotic vacuum cleaner's performance
I own both the Dyson and the Mi robot. Completely agree with you. While the Mi vac is able to vacuum my entire 1000 sq.ft. house without needing to recharge, the Dyson is miles ahead in terms of effective cleaning. There simply is no comparison.
SedateMotorhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 23:45   #107
Senior - BHPian

Even I own both Dyson and iLife Robot, and agree that Dyson beats them all. If anyone has to choose, you know what to get
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
I own both the Dyson and the Mi robot. Completely agree with you. While the Mi vac is able to vacuum my entire 1000 sq.ft. house without needing to recharge, the Dyson is miles ahead in terms of effective cleaning. There simply is no comparison.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 11:05   #108
BHPian

Guys could you also provide a link to the Dyson model we are talking about here. I searched Amazon and could not find a Dyson robotic vacuum.

Last edited by navin : 24th December 2021 at 13:01. Reason: typo
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 11:10   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Guys could you also provide a link to the Dyson model we are talking about here. I searched Amazon and could not found a Dyson robotic vacuum.
Not 100% sure but I think they're talking about the cordless handheld Dysons and not the robots. Dyson did have a robot called the 360 Eye, but I if I remember right it was never available in India and it didn't get very good reviews because it was too tall to clean under furniture.

Last edited by ron178 : 24th December 2021 at 11:22.
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 12:01   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Not 100% sure but I think they're talking about the cordless handheld Dysons and not the robots. Dyson did have a robot called the 360 Eye, but I if I remember right it was never available in India and it didn't get very good reviews because it was too tall to clean under furniture.
If that's the case, then there is no point comparing a robotic vacuum with a manual one, cos the former is more about convenience than spotless cleaning. I had (still have) a Forbes Trendy steel for about a decade but in the MI robot has been used more in the last wo months than the trendy steel in its entire lifetime. The hassle of getting it out of the box, connecting and deploying was enough to kill the enthusiasm, not to mention the manual effort required for the actual act.

Maybe manual ones are for cleanliness freaks, but for the lazy ones robotic cleaners are a godsend.
dragonfire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 12:32   #111
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I really hope we are not comparing apples and oranges in this case.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 11:32   #112
BHPian

Agreed, comparison might not be fair between Dyson(manual) vs Mi(robotic).
But I feel comparison is between nagpur orange vs kinnow orange, rather than orange vs apple!
And again, there's literally no comparison between (Eureka)Forbes or any other manual vacuum cleaner with Dyson - it's to be experienced to know the difference! Have used 2 different Forbes models before owning the Dyson.
Dyson is so versatile & renders THE best cleaning that once used to it, it's difficult to adjust with any other cleaner - all else seem mediocre!
Old 1st January 2022, 09:03   #113
BHPian

Mi Robot for us has been a godsend. A big help for my aging mother as she doesn't like the quality of work of a maid and prefers to do things on her own. But she's happy with Mi Robot so far.

Ours is a heavy usage where we vacuum everyday (use to mop everyday as well but it seemed a little challenging). Yes, there are some problems sometimes with the product/app but still very convinient to use.

Pros:
---------

1. Easy to setup and even my mother can use the app when she literally hates gadgets and doesn't easily understand them.

2. Overall, does a fantastic job at vaccuming, an ok job for mopping. Just for everyone, when using mopping function, it also does the vacuuming along with it if you choose to. But, I prefer to vaccum standalone as its more effective.

3. Using map features like spot cleaning helps a lot when you need particular areas in a room to be cleaned.

Cons:
----------

1. The software is buggy; many a times. Robot will be confused where it is on a map and keep bumping in things. Eg: you might be using it in a bedroom but the software somehow thinks it is in living room and run according to Living room map.

2. Mop function is mediocre as mop gets dirty after running in only 1 room sometimes and you have to attach the second mop to clean others or the cleaning wont be good enough. This is a big problem as you would need to wash the mop by hand immediately and attach in order to compete the whole house.

3. I seperate the robot from the charger and then shut it down manually and yet when I switch it back on in the morning, the battery has dropped from 100% to 20%. I dont know if I am doing anything wrong or what but this is a flaw as either you keep the robot on charge 24/7 or charge it an hour before you start cleaning in the morning.

But overall, its a very helpful product for people who don't like to keep maids at home for various reasons. But Mi does need to work a lot on the software and mopping part.

Last edited by devilicious : 1st January 2022 at 09:03. Reason: Formatting
devilicious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 19:08   #114
BRV
BHPian

After 4 months of usage, we don't have major issues and we are happy with the performance of the Robo.

Regarding the HEPA Filters - The filter used for 2 in 1 dust compartment is getting blackish however dust compartment filter is normal (we use Mop function twice in a week and vacuum daily). Is this the case with others who use it?

These are second set of Filters in four months. Had to change as they were getting black

Mi Robot Vacuum-Mop P Review-filters.jpg
BRV is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 18:04   #115
Senior - BHPian

So after nearly 1.5 years of regular use, my robo's battery is out i think. Where it used to cover my entire house and still have charge left, it does not even complete a room now and dies off before even getting back to it's dock.

Trying a hard reset to see if that helps, else gotta send it to mi for a battery replacement if that's a thing. What was the original warranty period?

Last edited by deathwalkr : 9th April 2022 at 18:06.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 10:19   #116
Senior - BHPian

So it's been nearly two weeks since i logged in a complaint with Mi team. After logging the service request, local tech support called me and asked for detailing the issue. When i explained it to him, he said looks like battery issue and that he will order a battery and come with it.

Still waiting.

After hard reset, it can complete mapping of just my living room and it just switches off at 33% or so. Does not even show low battery warning or tries to go back to it's dock. Just shuts down and goes offline.

Gotten so used to have this little fellow sweep the house, finding it hard now without it.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 12:25   #117
BHPian

Has anyone tried to wash the HEPA filters? Any idea what will happen.
What happens if you just run it without filter ?

I purchased this last year during lockdown and have been happy though there is quite a lot of work involved in the cleaning process.Network reset is frequent and I don't know how non tech savvy people will manage
So also cleaning the dust compartment. The amount of dust is scary.
Mopping function is okay but needs to be supplemented with one traditional mop once a week or so.

I wish they would improve the documentation and give a step by step instructions. Setting up is not easy.
Old 26th April 2022, 13:05   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_misra View Post
Has anyone tried to wash the HEPA filters? Any idea what will happen.
What happens if you just run it without filter ?
You will ruin the filter if you wash it, and you will ruin the vacuum if you run it without the filter.

You can buy a consumable kit from Amazon faster than from MI service: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B092JPWPSZ/ The seller also has individual items if you need only a thing or two. All items are as good as the original ones.
UPS_Guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 13:20   #119
Senior - BHPian

One thing which I hate about the MI Robo is the experience of buying consumables.

They have a website created by fresher, where you enter details and 9 out of 10 times it does not work and end in error. only reliable way is to order through phone.

But... Once you order they wont send anything, after 1 week they will send you a email with QR code or mobile number to send money to some account to a dealer/supplier. After another 1 week they will send you the consumables. How is this secure way or ordering consumables?

https://miservicemanager.mi.com/productConsumable.html

Why are they sending through dealer and not directly, are they doing some illegal things like they are not supposed to sell the consumables directly and selling only through some dealer ? this makes me think MI is doing something fishy or illegal?

If they are directly selling Air-purifier and water-purifier consumables directly in their website, why are they not selling MI robo consumables?

This is shameless thing MI is doing, hope someone can reachout to their management and report this. I have complained many times in customer care and twitter, but no use, the procedure remains same...

Last edited by shamanth : 26th April 2022 at 13:22.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 20:16   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
You will ruin the filter if you wash it, and you will ruin the vacuum if you run it without the filter.

You can buy a consumable kit from Amazon faster than from MI service: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B092JPWPSZ/ The seller also has individual items if you need only a thing or two. All items are as good as the original ones.
Thanks for the link. It makes life easy.
Why does the vacuum get ruined without filter ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks