Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2007, 07:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

@JPL & Mugen, thanks

@JPL, the external sreen is QVGA (240 x 320 pixels), and the internal screen is 800 x 352 pixels. Both have a colour depth ofd 16 million colours.

Physical dimensions of the internal screen are 9cm x 4cm.The External screen is 3cm x 4 cm.

Got the phone for 33.2K with B&W (and a complimentary 2GB SanDisk microSD card, also with 5 yr warranty). The regular price here is 34,900/-.

I also got 7.5K for my 20 month-old N70.

@Mugen, I'll post pics taken in the daylight. The XDA IIi's cam is pathetic and I didn't want to post pics taken yesterday night.

Last edited by hydrashok : 25th July 2007 at 07:47.
Old 25th July 2007, 07:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

Just got my E90
Congrats on the buy Hydra, E90 is indeed an awesome phone. Sadly I had bought E50 only around a 3 months back. I'll wait till the price drops down to 20's.
By the way what processor is it using ? I hope its not slow like 9500 . or is it ?
Old 25th July 2007, 08:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
By the way what processor is it using ? I hope its not slow like 9500 . or is it ?
Thanks, Max

I almost bought an E61i a month before. I'm happy I didn't. (Not to knock the E61i, but the E90 is head and shoulders above).

The E90 runs a 330MHZ ARM processor, and has the largest amount of usable "RAM" on any smartphone. The S-E P1i is the only other phone that comes close (not sure of exact specs of the P1i though).

The phone is very fast. Meaning, no lag for nothing. It feels as fast as my old, old 6630 did, and then a little better. Open the phone, and the display switches over to the internal display seamlessly. Calls transfer to the speakerphone as fast, when you open the phone. No shutter lag for the camera. Camera app opens (almost) instantly. (It does not have a dedicated camera-start hardware button -- about the only bad thing I've seen on this phone).

I'm using the phone with a 2GB card now, and there has been no slow-down because of that either.

Dunno yet about battery. I exhausted the charge (it came with) yesterday night setting it up, and playing with it. Now giving it its first deep charge. But all reviews are very positive about the battery (again, the one with the most capacity on a phone -- 1500 mAh).

Last edited by hydrashok : 25th July 2007 at 08:30.
Old 25th July 2007, 09:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

OK, here are some pics (please excuse the bad mobile-cam pics):

Old 25th July 2007, 11:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
As far as i know it supports opera but opera is not available for e90 right now.
Orkut can be opened.
kewl.. thanks dude...

hey what abt yahoo messenger?
Old 26th July 2007, 12:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hydra, It looks Bling Bling in red.

aadix, Will have to check for yahoo messenger.
Old 26th July 2007, 15:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

Its a big box . How do you guys manage to carry it around ?
Need big palms and big pockets too .

Last edited by black12rr : 26th July 2007 at 15:38.
Old 26th July 2007, 17:38   #53
Team-BHP Support

not really its a matter of getting used to, ol communicator used to fit nicely in jean pocket and unlike sleek phones once it becomes a habit you wont forget it anywhere, you will have that "something missing in your hand feeling"

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th July 2007 at 17:39.
Old 26th July 2007, 23:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hydra, It looks Bling Bling in red.
It does a bit, but not so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
kewl.. thanks dude...
hey what abt yahoo messenger?
The Yahoo GO! package is not supported yet (internal screen gets screwed up).

I'm using Shape Services IM+ for YMSGR, and GTalk. It also supports Jabber, MSN and ICQ, with all these 6 services online at the same time. You have to buy it, but it is worth the $25 spent. I was using it on my XDAIIi for the last 2 years (I bought it for $39.90 then, grrrr...). I asked them to shift the license to my E90, and they gave me a new one, free of cost. Updates are free forever.

So far I've loaded only Worldmate, IM+, Mobipocket Ebook Reader and DivX player on the E90. I'm looking for a nice calculator to replace the (useless) symbian one. I was using Calcium on all my phones since the 6630 days, but calcium is apparently not ok with V9.2 S60 rel 3 yet.

My biggest issue with retiring my XDA IIi in favour of the E90 was that Symbian does not support MS Reader (.lit) format. I'm a big time Ebook guy and cant' do without them. And 95% of my library is .LIT. Yesterday I found a really nice (but a bit involved 3-step solution) to get .LIT readable on Symbian. If anybody is interested to know how, please PM me. Now that that is done, I love my E90 without a even shade of longing for the XDA IIi!

The video-conversion thing is coming along well. E90 owners, there are a few killer trailers ripped from HD DVD on the net, done up specifically for the E90's internal screen (full screen vids). I'll put up the links for download soon (my lappie is acting up).

BTW, the E90 can also be used a a removable drive (without PC Suite). Just plug it into any XP or Vista machine (with the supplied cable) and you have a USB drive (only the microSD card can be used).

Apparently the E90 also supports upto 4GB microSDHC, with rumoured support for the upcoming 8GB microSDHC.

No good music player available yet for the E90. That is one bad thing. The built-in player is just ok, SQ wise, and is bad, features-wise. Like having to type with your index fingers taped to your little finger.

I tried a custom (semi-DIY) 2.5mm to 3.5mm earphone adapter, and the PocketPC Techs adapter (I'd bought for the XDA IIi long back) with my Shure E2Cs. SQ-wise, Difference of heaven and earth. The one I bought for my XDA IIi kicks the locally-made one's @$$ to the moon and back. I didn't think the XDA Ii's adapter would work, but work it does! And how!

I don't have Bluetooth stereo headphones so I haven't tried that out yet.

I also have to try how well logmein works. I read it works well, but I haven't used logmein from a symbian device yet (only from a Windows comp, and from the XDA IIi)
Old 26th July 2007, 23:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The video-conversion thing is coming along well. E90 owners, there are a few killer trailers ripped from HD DVD on the net, done up specifically for the E90's internal screen (full screen vids).

No good music player available yet for the E90. That is one bad thing.
there is no good music player and calculater available right now.

If you find than give me a link please and also hd dvd videos and Divx player.
Old 27th July 2007, 00:15   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you find than give me a link please and also hd dvd videos and Divx player.
Here ya go.

Videos (each about 32MB):

http://www.jjb-enterprises.com/exodu...%20Trailer.mp4
http://old.rdi.pl/e90/Transformers-Trailer.MP4
http://homepage.mac.com.nyud.net:808...neIdentity.zip
http://homepage.mac.com.nyud.net:808...denCompass.zip
http://homepage.mac.com.nyud.net:808...atatouille.zip
http://www.krishsreedharan.com/the_f..._-_trailer.mp4

Press "2" for full screen as soon as the video starts playing (on the internal screen. You really get to know what that screen is capable of, from these videos.

DivX Player:
Divx Player Updated - v0.88 at Symbianv3.com

Enjoyyyyyy!

Last edited by hydrashok : 27th July 2007 at 00:16.
Old 28th July 2007, 00:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You really get to know what that screen is capable of, from these videos.

Enjoyyyyyy!
Thanks..Its Superb..
Any other links for videos and applications ?
Old 28th July 2007, 08:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks..Its Superb..
Any other links for videos and applications ?
I'll post links here as I find them . Here's one:

www.logmein.com is a nifty way of controlling your computer (which is connected to the net) from your mobile (or another computer), anywhere in the world. I was using it with my XDA IIi [I am a heavy user and gave them a lotta feedback, and they gave me full-version subscriptions for 3 computers last year ]. It is a really cool way of remotely accessing/controlling your iTunes playlist and playback of music from another room.

The free version lets you do everything (over an internet browser on the phone, or another computer), except copy files between the computer and the phone remotely (not too workable in our current states of speed anyway), or print to the computer remotely form the phone. I haven't yet moved the license to my E90. I will post details on how it goes next week. (Caught in the yearly exercise before July-end now).

I'm getting a screen protector for the inner screen and the external screen today. Not available at my dealers'. Am getting them from ScratchGARD (Welcome to ScratchGard.in) online. I'd bought their SPs for my XDA IIi and found them to be good quality stuff. Somewhat expensive, though.

The inner screen shows faint marks of the keyboard (can be seen only when the screen is switched off, and viewed at an angle). The marks are left mostly by the body oils that accumulate on the keyboard from fingers after use. And I've shifted over to the E90 nearly completely for my IM use now, so the internal keyboard gets used quite heavily! So an inner screen protector would reduce wear and tear from frequent wipes of the internal screen (I have to wipe if I see dirt!).

Last edited by hydrashok : 28th July 2007 at 08:49.
Old 30th July 2007, 00:00   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'll post links here as I find them . Here's one:

I'm getting a screen protector for the inner screen and the external screen today.
Thanks.. and i already got the protector.
Old 30th July 2007, 14:23   #60
Senior - BHPian

got a red e90 a couple of days back for 28k (personal favour by the dealer). Dint buy an sd upgrade yet waitin for the 8gb mini sdhc. I read somewhere that the e90 supports sdhc so with so much ram i am pretty sure it will manage the 8gb sdhc card just as good as the 512mb. Lovely phone and i dont feel it is too heavy as i upgraded from an n91

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks