Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 21:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
So you got any confirmation when new stock will be avaiable ?
Thanks for all the clarification .
2nd to last week of September in Europe is what everybody is saying. This is based on reports from guys in Europe who have the E90 on order [and have been waiting for a loooooong time ].

So last week of September or 1st week of October in India, maybe.
Old 5th September 2007, 00:26   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
2nd to last week of September in Europe is what everybody is saying. This is based on reports from guys in Europe who have the E90 on order [and have been waiting for a loooooong time ].

So last week of September or 1st week of October in India, maybe.
I got a call from seller saying they got the stock today ,should i buy it ?
Old 5th September 2007, 08:34   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
I got a call from seller saying they got the stock today ,should i buy it ?
In India? If you are able to check the phone before buying I think it should be ok to chek it and buy it. It is not likely to be the version 3 body, though. It is most likely the version 2 body.

It is easy to ID the version 2 from version 1. In the version 1 case, the portion under the internal keyboard is completely flat and continuous (look at the pics of my red E90 posted earlier). In the version 2 case, the portion under the internal keyboard has a small bump and gets raised for the length of the keyboard (look at the pics of Mugen_Power's Mocha E90 posted earlier). Don't buy version 1 now, when the newer case is available.

Check for the known problems:
CRITICAL issues - deal-beakers (Don't buy handsets with these problems)
1) Is the keyboard touching the internal screen? (In most handsets, the KB will, even in the version 2 case -- use a screen protector and you're ok). You can see a very faint outline of the keyboard on the screen if it does. If if does not, out-of-the-box, rub your hands on the keyboard (or type for a bit), close the flip, type something on the external keyboard and then check the screen inside. Again, a faint outline of the keys is ok.

The problem comes only if the keyboard presses on the screen too much. You can look for many dimples on the screen (from many keys pressinng it) soon as you open the flip.

2) Make a call. Does the call connect with a loud whooshing sound (just bfore the person on the other end starts talking)? (Apparently the sound is just like a coke can being opened.) If yes, don't buy it.

3) Record a video in an environment with minimum ambient sound. Play it back. Is there a hollow whooshing sound in the track, and an occasional crackle? If yes, don't buy.

4) Is the external screen misaligned? (A bit skewed, and not straight?) If yes, don't buy. A particuarly bad lot had this issue. (Easy to identify).

LESS Critical Issues (Irritants, do not affect functionality)
5) Put the phone flat on the ground, on its rubber feet. Does it sit flat, with all feet touching the ground? Some E90s don't.

6) Use a finger to see if the camera module shakes. Some do.

7) The part of the body (portion of external body, with the coloured plastic) immediately under the internal keyboard's middle part may creak a bit. It does this in most E90s, and if it doesn't creak at the time of purchase, it will soon :( [Happens to Version 1 and Version 2. Lesser in Version 2 cases).

Unless you really, really need the phone NOW, why don't you wait for a month (max) for the version 3 case? (I hope it will not bring with it newer problems, though).

And personally, if it is "Made in Finland" I wouldn't buy it.
Old 5th September 2007, 11:47   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Life comes full circle eh!
Old 5th September 2007, 13:09   #80
BANNED

Quote:
In India? If you are able to check the phone before buying I think it should be ok to chek it and buy it. It is not likely to be the version 3 body, though. It is most likely the version 2 body.

It is easy to ID the version 2 from version 1. In the version 1 case, the portion under the internal keyboard is completely flat and continuous (look at the pics of my red E90 posted earlier). In the version 2 case, the portion under the internal keyboard has a small bump and gets raised for the length of the keyboard (look at the pics of Mugen_Power's Mocha E90 posted earlier). Don't buy version 1 now, when the newer case is available.

Check for the known problems:
CRITICAL issues - deal-beakers (Don't buy handsets with these problems)
1) Is the keyboard touching the internal screen? (In most handsets, the KB will, even in the version 2 case -- use a screen protector and you're ok). You can see a very faint outline of the keyboard on the screen if it does. If if does not, out-of-the-box, rub your hands on the keyboard (or type for a bit), close the flip, type something on the external keyboard and then check the screen inside. Again, a faint outline of the keys is ok.

The problem comes only if the keyboard presses on the screen too much. You can look for many dimples on the screen (from many keys pressinng it) soon as you open the flip.

2) Make a call. Does the call connect with a loud whooshing sound (just bfore the person on the other end starts talking)? (Apparently the sound is just like a coke can being opened.) If yes, don't buy it.

3) Record a video in an environment with minimum ambient sound. Play it back. Is there a hollow whooshing sound in the track, and an occasional crackle? If yes, don't buy.

4) Is the external screen misaligned? (A bit skewed, and not straight?) If yes, don't buy. A particuarly bad lot had this issue. (Easy to identify).

LESS Critical Issues (Irritants, do not affect functionality)
5) Put the phone flat on the ground, on its rubber feet. Does it sit flat, with all feet touching the ground? Some E90s don't.

6) Use a finger to see if the camera module shakes. Some do.

7) The part of the body (portion of external body, with the coloured plastic) immediately under the internal keyboard's middle part may creak a bit. It does this in most E90s, and if it doesn't creak at the time of purchase, it will soon :( [Happens to Version 1 and Version 2. Lesser in Version 2 cases).

Unless you really, really need the phone NOW, why don't you wait for a month (max) for the version 3 case? (I hope it will not bring with it newer problems, though).

Hey this involves too much investigation , i better wait for Case 3 version , i thought finland european ones's are better than what we get here china ones anyways thanks a lot for you valuable inputs !
Much appreciated

Last edited by unknown : 5th September 2007 at 13:12.
Old 17th September 2007, 12:37   #81
Senior - BHPian

I know this may be but can anyone tell me the price of the phone now? And how is its cam compared to N73? And which one should i go for? 73/e90??? Am confused! My needs are a good cam, net usability, and some music too!!! And will series 60 apps work on it???

Last edited by JayD : 17th September 2007 at 12:38.
Old 17th September 2007, 15:12   #82
Senior - BHPian

@JayD, the phone has been out of stock for quite a while. So it is not likely that the price will fall immediately.

The quality of pics from the E90 cam are wayyyyyy better than the N73. The E90 cam button takes a while to get used to, though.

The N73 becomes slower than molasses after a while of use. The E90 is blazing fast.

The N73 is 15K now? The E90 will probably be priced at 31K-33K (minimum) or so when it becomes available again. Or it may still be 35K, since it has been out of stock for some time, and the demand is still pretty strong. (When I visited my dealer last week, two customers standing there offered me 30K for my E90 -- there is that much demand on a daily basis).

Most S60 3rd Edition (and NOT Series 60) apps work on the external screen of the E90. But not all of them work well in the internal screen yet.

Rumour has it that E90s with the v3.0 case could be available before September end.
Old 17th September 2007, 15:59   #83
Senior - BHPian

Yup, E90 availability is a major issue in Delhi also & so the price has shot up big time. Last quote I got was 34k since I was finding one for a friend. Delhi dealers are mainly refusing flat out for the E90 availability but one told me that they are expected in a week or two.
Old 17th September 2007, 16:02   #84
Senior - BHPian

Okie- lack of availability(and funds!!) rule out the e90 then, which alternative do u suggest around16-18k???
Old 17th September 2007, 16:08   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yup, E90 availability is a major issue in Delhi also & so the price has shot up big time. Last quote I got was 34k since I was finding one for a friend. Delhi dealers are mainly refusing flat out for the E90 availability but one told me that they are expected in a week or two.
A friend in Chennai told me the same thing about the availability there. This probably means the price will be the same (35K) when it hits the shelves again. (Not that I'm complaining, heh heh ).

Pics of the 3rd edition case have not yet appeared in the usual places, which is not a good sign (= more delay) -- unless stocks hit India at more or less the same time as Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Okie- lack of availability(and funds!!) rule out the e90 then, which alternative do u suggest around16-18k???
Without any doubt whatsoever, the E61i. Excellent phone. The cam is 2 megapixel only, but I really think that shouldn't be a major issue. I think it is 17K now.

Last edited by hydrashok : 17th September 2007 at 16:10.
Old 17th September 2007, 16:25   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(When I visited my dealer last week, two customers standing there offered me 30K for my E90 -- there is that much demand on a daily basis).
Ashok - I'll give you 20k for your E90, deal?

Quote:
Without any doubt whatsoever, the E61i. Excellent phone. The cam is 2 megapixel only, but I really think that shouldn't be a major issue. I think it is 17K now.
Or the HTC Touch, really nice phone if you can use a touch screen.
Old 17th September 2007, 16:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm... datz an option too, but i really need a good cam with flash....!!!
Old 17th September 2007, 16:38   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashok - I'll give you 20k for your E90, deal?
Are you feeling well? Did not take your medicine yet?

Quote:
Or the HTC Touch, really nice phone if you can use a touch screen.
Yes, this is a pretty good phone. I liked the interface (I'm ok with touch-screens).

JayD, if the cam and flash are an absolute must, (and everything else comes next, or not at all), I guess you should have a look-see at SE's phones in that range (16-18K). I'm not sure, but the K850i must be about 18K-19K? No business features, though!

You'll probably get better info here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...-here-128.html
Old 17th September 2007, 16:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you feeling well?
Yes, very well. A bit too well infact!!

Quote:
Did not take your medicine yet?
Nahin yaar! Medicine taken on working days only after 8 pm
Old 17th September 2007, 17:02   #90
Senior - BHPian

HTC touch??? havn seen one yet. Am comfortable with touch screens too. Wer can i get more info on this one? and whats the price??? is it available in cochin??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks