Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2007, 13:01   #106
Senior - BHPian

Till yesterday there was no stock, I don't think it could have arrived today.

P.S. Just checked, Ashok is right, E90 is indeed now available in Delhi. Current price: 38k!

Last edited by iraghava : 28th October 2007 at 13:08.
Old 28th October 2007, 14:00   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi what was your reason for the selling the e90. and as you are using the e65 in what ways is the latter better than the former.
It was often hang while surfing the net via Wi-fi or Vodafone Access.

So i temporary bought E65.
Old 30th October 2007, 11:55   #108
BHPian

Can someone confirm itz availability in Mumbai... & price... & what changes in New Stock...

The new firmware is not yet available for download...
Old 30th October 2007, 13:17   #109
BHPian

Firmware 7.40.1.2

dont know whats the truth but as per the website and the peoples review here is a link for it
All About Nokia E90: New Firmware v. 7.40.1.2 Now Available !
Old 30th October 2007, 20:43   #110
BANNED

Been waiting for e90 from a while & now it's get back in stock & all problems have been sorted out -
-New case has been developed (In previous case qwerty keypad touches the internal screen )
-No hissing sound
E90 is available for 36k or lower .
Old 30th October 2007, 21:19   #111
Senior - BHPian

Apparently the version 3 case was just a rumour. The E90s now available have the version 2 case with a slightly recessed sceen. The screen apparently has some kind of coating (that makes it a bit shiny/glossy) to protect from scratches (from the keyboard).

The keyboard still reportedly touches the screen ever so slightly. I think a screen-protector is still needed, just to be safe.

But all the glitches related to the mic have been fixed.

The new firmware for APAC should be here soon. Most of Europe has already got it. It seems the update for Nokia's updater software is not complete yet. We'll need to update the updater first before the new firmware can be loaded. The new firmware is mostly minor bug fixes, and there is nothing major, except for some substantial improvement in GPS.

I wish they would give us an option to turn off the automatic capitalisation of the first alphabet after every period.

I've been using Opera Mini beta 4 for the last week and it is pretty good.
- Faster than the s60 browser,
- the 'back' works without the page having to reload,
- all pages load faster,
- you can set images to 'low', 'medium' or 'high' to speed up page loading,
- etc etc. Well worth a test drive.

But the page rendering is better in the built-in browser. Opera Mini beta 4 makes you scroll sideways for most pages, And the mouse cursor does not appear in some pages. :(
Old 31st October 2007, 19:33   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

But all the glitches related to the mic have been fixed.

The new firmware for APAC should be here soon. Most of Europe has already got it. It seems the update for Nokia's updater software is not complete yet. We'll need to update the updater first before the new firmware can be loaded. The new firmware is mostly minor bug fixes, and there is nothing major, except for some substantial improvement in GPS.
:(
I have updated my Nokia updater yesterday and its still showing the old firmware. 7.24.0.3
I belive that the new firmware was available only in Indonesia till yesterday.
I happened to come across a website and it has details on the new firmware updates
New firmware for Nokia E90 - full change log!!

also could you please explain what glitches in the mic are you facing. The problem that i am facing is that when I increase the ear piece volume to high or full there is a hissing sound when someone is speaking like if there is a plastic stuck on to the inside. I went to nokia care and they said that I would have to leave the phone at their workshop and I am way too dependent on the phone now to leave it for a couple of days
Old 31st October 2007, 21:34   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have updated my Nokia updater yesterday and its still showing the old firmware. 7.24.0.3
I belive that the new firmware was available only in Indonesia till yesterday.
I happened to come across a website and it has details on the new firmware updates
New firmware for Nokia E90 - full change log!!
The new FW is still being rolled out. Patience, patience

And BTW, I personally never try a new FW/Update etc for at least a week after it is out. By then, most bakras have had updated their phones and written about what was good and what was bad, and most importantly, whether some features were removed (or whether they bricked their phone)

Quote:
also could you please explain what glitches in the mic are you facing. The problem that i am facing is that when I increase the ear piece volume to high or full there is a hissing sound when someone is speaking like if there is a plastic stuck on to the inside. I went to nokia care and they said that I would have to leave the phone at their workshop and I am way too dependent on the phone now to leave it for a couple of days
Actually I have no issues with the MIC. I'm lucky.

Most people with version 1 cases have had MIC issues, and a few people with version 2 case too have had this issue. The MIC issue is exactly the same as you have described. Most people also get a whooshing sound immediately after the call-connection is established.

The Nokia guys have been fixing it under warranty, but uh, for me, leaving my phone with a Nokia center is a last ditch option only. If they will give it back in a day, then fine. But do make sure that they make a commitment to do this. People abroad have had to wait for weeks to get this (and other issues solved).
Old 31st October 2007, 22:35   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The Nokia guys have been fixing it under warranty, but uh, for me, leaving my phone with a Nokia center is a last ditch option only. If they will give it back in a day, then fine. But do make sure that they make a commitment to do this. People abroad have had to wait for weeks to get this (and other issues solved).
One of my friend's E90 have same problem.
he has given his mobile twice to Nokia care but still no solution. Even after changing some hardware.
Old 9th November 2007, 00:50   #115
BHPian

It Seems the new firmware is now available..i am updating mine now.
Old 9th November 2007, 05:07   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
It Seems the new firmware is now available..i am updating mine now.
Once done pl let us know the improvements and how the phone preforms after the update. Do remember to take a backup before the update. VIMP
Old 9th November 2007, 08:01   #117
Senior - BHPian

@netarchie, like harjeev said, do make sure you make a backup before.

And after you update, if you have the time, restore only the contacts and messages and notes (and not the settings and the 3rd party SW). A lot of people who did the Euro-spec FW update and who did a full restore have reported problems -- Especially with the browser. Haven;t heard any such reports from the APAC-spec update yet (probably because it just became available).

The best way is to freshly reinstall the 3rd party SW one by one after the update so there are no conflicts.

I'm not updating for the time being. I don't use GPS and Assisted GPS seems to be the only major improvement. I haven't had any kind of issues with anything and unless I'm feeing particularly frisky about something in the update, I follow the principle of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 9th November 2007, 10:10   #118
Senior - BHPian

Further if you have the latest PC Suite (I have 6.84.10.4) it would let you preform selective restore on your phone. I found it really handy when my phone crashed after a new s/w installation.
Old 9th November 2007, 14:59   #119
Senior - BHPian

I have a peculiar problem with my phone. It hangs...meaning when a call comes through it just freezes (1 in 30 calls) but i dont have to remove the battery. I just keep the on/off button pressed for a few seconds and the phone switches off. Then switch on again and normal till it hangs again. Anyone having the same problem?
Old 9th November 2007, 15:46   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I have a peculiar problem with my phone. It hangs... problem?
Nope. Hasn't happened to me yet.

- Do you have some kind of 3rd party answering machine SW installed? And that too on the microSD card? This can cause trouble. Same for 3rd party photo-caller-ID programs.

- Do you have a lot of programs open in the background when the call comes in? That can also cause this problem. If you keep pressing and holding the menu key and close unwanted programs from lying open in the background, this should not happen.

I got a "hang" once (the only time the phone has hung on me), whena call came in when I was copying data from my computer to the phone's card via USB in "external USB device" mode. Had to remove the battery to get it fixed. Since then I copy via USB only after switching the phone into the Offline Profile.

If nothing works, update to the new FW That will be as good as a hard reset (you'll lose data that is not backed up).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks