Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2008, 12:37   #136
BHPian

hey guys just got my e90, my valentibe gift
Guys i want to use msn messenger as well as yahoo full tim on my e90,
which application is best for messenger?
any link where i can find more applications
thanks in advance
W.Ajay
Old 17th February 2008, 12:47   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
Congrats!

The BEST IM application, IMHO, is IM+ by Shape Services. Been using it for more than 3 years now, first in my Pocket PC, and now in my E90.

You can chat on Yahoo, MSN, Gtalk, ICQ, AIM and Jabber all in one app.

You can save chat history on the phone if you want to.

Lifetime upgrades, and good customer service. They transferred the Pocket PC 2003 SE license (that I was using on my XDA IIi) to the Symbian S60 V3 version of the app for my E90, totally free. I did not have to buy a Symbian license.

It is a bit pricey at $29.95, but it is really worth the money paid.

Quote:
any link where i can find more applications...
Symbian Smartphone

This is a very nice resource for FREE Symbian apps.

Last edited by hydrashok : 17th February 2008 at 12:53.
Old 17th February 2008, 14:27   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
UPDATES:

I forgot to say, Fring is now available for the E90. I'm not gonna try it -- I don't particularly need mobile VOIP, and I have a very good IM client to take care of IM duty. Fring almost bricked my N70, so I've never had a very good opinion of it. But most of the other guys in the symbian forums are going gaga over the factthat it is now available for the E90.
i am using fring in my e61i and find it pretty useful. it is available for free.
Old 18th February 2008, 01:01   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
It was often hang while surfing the net via Wi-fi or Vodafone Access.
Sad to hear your phone hangs on wifi usage do you have a lot of other apps open ???

Any way after 6 months of using this beast i really really like it. the best phone i bought ever .

Buttt no technology is without problems, luckily the e 90 has very few of those.
The main problem is when you turn off the phone it takes ages to turn back on again 63 seconds to be precise (with or without the memory card)
Cant think of any other problems. (Have been using s60 for way too long so have learnt to live with the slight short comings)

The bottom line e90 is the best business and multimedia smart phone (IMHO). It can give a lot of "MULTIMEDIA" phones some pretty stiff competition. Cant wait to get n gage running on my phone.

@Hydrashock; Do you know of any web browser that supports flash ???
Old 18th February 2008, 01:04   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
any link where i can find more applications
thanks in advance
W.Ajay
I use ipmart-forum.com lots of apps themes and games. There is a thread for n95 apps i think. all of them should work for the e90 too ...
Old 18th February 2008, 10:15   #141
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Ajay try Fring.com to get the feel of it. the latest version supports file transfer also. There are other free IM apps like EQO and SLICK!

Quote:
Cant wait to get n gage running on my phone
Which phone are u using ? i've been using Ngage First access on N82, its been cracked to be used on the phones that support it!

Last edited by aZa : 18th February 2008 at 10:18.
Old 18th February 2008, 11:03   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Any way after 6 months of using this beast i really really like it. the best phone i bought ever .
x2, x2! I still enjoy using this phone just as much as I did the day I bought it. Never happened with any of my earlier phones.

Quote:
The main problem is when you turn off the phone it takes ages to turn back on again 63 seconds to be precise (with or without the memory card)
Mine doesn't take that long. This usually happens when you have some apps that are configured to start and run in the background with the phone (Fring, Tel. Call Managers, SMS anti-spam SW, Task Managers etc). I have only Handy TaskManager set to start with the phone (and run in the background). I don't use Fring, and Advanced Call Manager is started only when I have the need to filter calls.

What size MemCard are you running? I'm on a 2GB card. (Getting an 8GB card next week.) People using even 8GB cards have not reported overall slowdowns because of the card. Slowdown usually happens if (and when) we use the built-in file manager/gallery and try to browse folders with a lot of photos.

Quote:
@Hydrashock; Do you know of any web browser that supports flash ???
None of the currently available ones do. But Opera 9.5 for Mobile (announced last week, but not available yet) is supposed to support Flash within the browser, just like a regular desktop browser.

Quote:
With Opera Mobile 9.5, OEMs and operators will have the capability to include Flash Lite 3, empowering their smartphone users with access to the full Web including the ability to watch videos on YouTube effortlessly.
Waiting for it, with fingers crossed
Old 18th February 2008, 11:38   #143
Senior - BHPian

Don't you guys feel , the inside screen should have be touch screen enabled ?
Old 18th February 2008, 13:44   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
None of the currently available ones do. But Opera 9.5 for Mobile (announced last week, but not available yet) is supposed to support Flash within the browser, just like a regular desktop browser.
This will probably be the best app you can get for the e90 i guess.

Quote:
Mine doesn't take that long. This usually happens when you have some apps that are configured to start and run in the background with the phone (Fring, Tel. Call Managers, SMS anti-spam SW, Task Managers etc). I have only Handy TaskManager set to start with the phone (and run in the background). I don't use Fring, and Advanced Call Manager is started only when I have the need to filter calls.

What size MemCard are you running? I'm on a 2GB card. (Getting an 8GB card next week.) People using even 8GB cards have not reported overall slowdowns because of the card. Slowdown usually happens if (and when) we use the built-in file manager/gallery and try to browse folders with a lot of photos.

I run a 4 gb card and none of my apps run on startup i dont use my phone memory at all... The phone is pretty fast once it turns on, its only the turn on time thats a head ache.

Quote:
I still enjoy using this phone just as much as I did the day I bought it. Never happened with any of my earlier phones.
I think its because the phone is so good it excites the owner every time he uses it.

Quote:
Don't you guys feel , the inside screen should have be touch screen enabled ?
NOO i hate touch screen makes the phone too delicate IMO but that is just me ...

@hydra: How often do you drop your phone ??
Old 18th February 2008, 19:37   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@hydra: How often do you drop your phone ??
Never Really! I'm not boasting.

Of all the phones I've owned, I must have dropped my 8250 once and my N70 twice (or thrice). My XDA IIi got dropped once within a week of my getting it (oh, the heartbreak!). None of the other phones were ever dropped. The E90 has not been dropped at all.

My phones usually find a new home in a condition very similar to that they were in, when I bought them (Including the original box and the same cellophane packing the stuff inside came in). I REALLY use the phones. But I baby them well.

About the Touch Screen, I would like it if the internal screen had a TS layer. It would help quite a bit in browsing. It would help a LOT with taking down quick notes. A doodling/sketching program would also be a nice addition

The S60 touch interface is close to final, and the next Commy will probably sport it. I was thinking the next Commy would run the Hildon UI on Maemo (the flavour of Linux that the N810 runs), but apparently they've stopped all development of Hildon. But I did read 3-4 days back that Nokia's picked up same company that specializes in Linux-in-a-phone.
Old 18th February 2008, 21:50   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
But I did read 3-4 days back that Nokia's picked up same company that specializes in Linux-in-a-phone.
That's because Symbian is a separate entity from Nokia, and they are way behind deliveries and quite costly per feature. With Motorola and others making decent headway with Linux, they don't have much choice but to hedge, especially for feature-rich low-cost phones.
Old 18th February 2008, 23:53   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
That's because Symbian is a separate entity from Nokia, and they are way behind deliveries and quite costly per feature. With Motorola and others making decent headway with Linux, they don't have much choice but to hedge, especially for feature-rich low-cost phones.
Righto!

I tracked down the news article I'd mentioned. The company is TrollTech. The article: Nokia to acquire Trolltech

Quote:
Trolltech is best known in the mobile space for its Qtopia software platform. Notable has been the release of its Greenphone and related products and SDKs. Due, at least partially, to its activities in this space Trolltech is a member of LiMo Foundation, an alliance aimed at creating a Linux based software platform for mobiles phones. This can be seen as a direct competitor to Nokia's S60 platform. However it is likely that Nokia considers the Qt related assets as the driving force behind the acquisition, although the assets related to Qtopia should be carefully noted too.
Nokia really do have a real winner in the N810 as far as the OS and interface are concerned (ok, no phone-radio in there -- yet). I wish something like that would make it to a Nokia Phone (with as much screen-estate, and a QWERTY keyboard) soon. I haven't been able to play with one (or even see one in the skin) yet, but all the YouTube vids of the interface and the reviews have left me drooling.
Old 10th March 2008, 09:34   #148
BHPian

am trying to watch video on m.youtube.com its says unable to connect, any software required?
Old 10th March 2008, 10:30   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
am trying to watch video on m.Youtube.com its says unable to connect, any software required?
To watch youTube properly,you'll need to install emTUBE. (emTube)
[Website seems to be down now. But they say they'll be back soon].

I've also heard that the YTplayer works: By Samir - YTPlayer

Both apps are pretty much beta-ish. I've not tried either (EDGE in India leaves a lot to be desired as far as connectivity speed is concerned, and I hate installing stuff I'll not use that much).

This might work: MobiTubia
I haven't heard anybody saying for sure that this does work. It does work in a friend's E61i.

m.youtube.com does work intermittently. I think the problem here is connectivity speed :(
Old 10th March 2008, 14:25   #150
aZa
Senior - BHPian

m.youtube.com works properly with the s60 browser + realplayer. You could even load flashlite 3.0 beta and view videos directly from youtube.com.

i'm using emtube it works fine bit slow over edge, but you can save the flv files on ur phone and thats a major plus. And its said to have to have the best video quality amongst the youtube apps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks