Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 17:55   #4906
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

Has anyone tried, ZoomIn Camera Store ?

Was shopping for a Canon A3200 and stumbled upon this site through www.junglee.com.

The price seems to be lesser than letsbuy.com but how credible is this zoomin site?
Old 13th April 2012, 18:31   #4907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

Was shopping for a Canon A3200 and stumbled upon this site through www.junglee.com.

The price seems to be lesser than letsbuy.com but how credible is this zoomin site?
Zoomin should be good. They are competitors for Snapfish and is quite a big player in the online Photo printing space. A few of my friends had ordered photo prints online and they were happy with their services.
Old 24th April 2012, 19:20   #4908
Senior - BHPian

Guys what are your views on the Nikon s6200? I need to buy a compact for my wife and my budget is around 10K. Usage is general family pics, with good performance indoors and low light.

Please help.
Old 8th May 2012, 18:43   #4909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

We have ordered around 5 photo products from Zoomin so far. The packaging is very good.
Unfortunately, we have never ordered any cameras from them.
Old 22nd May 2012, 15:15   #4910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles_hungry View Post
AFAIK cmos sensors are better than CCD, also fz47 has less zoom. Anyways today evening I placed an order for hx100v at flipkart
Wise decision indeed. I've used the camera fairly extensively and I assure you that you'll be more than happy with it. The superzoom is fantastic and the image stabiliser is competent. The images are crisp and clear and the multiple modes let you experiment and allow you the freedom to get creative. Happy Clicking and do post some pics!
Old 5th June 2012, 17:17   #4911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
At the moment, our shortlist consists of the Canon SX40.
Any feedback on SX40? I am due for upgrade and I am considering Canon SX40HS & Canon PowerShot SX260 HS. Only difference I have found is while SX260 has better IQ, SX40 has bigger zoom. I am inclining towards SX260.
Old 7th June 2012, 12:11   #4912
Senior - BHPian

Sony comes up with DSC RX100 - a small camera with a large sensor

Aluminum body
Zeiss optics, f/1.8-f/4.9 max aperture
21 Megapixels, 1 inch sensor
ISO 100-6400 (up to ISO 25,600 using multi-frame NR)
3in, 1228.8K-dot 'WhiteMagic' LCD screen

Price is the only disappointing factor, it is about $630, is NEX money!
Old 13th June 2012, 20:26   #4913
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Any feedback on SX40? I am due for upgrade and I am considering Canon SX40HS & Canon PowerShot SX260 HS. Only difference I have found is while SX260 has better IQ, SX40 has bigger zoom. I am inclining towards SX260.
I compared Cannon Sx 40, Sony HS100, Panasonic FZ 150 and Nikon 500 before eventually buying Pana Fz150 for my need of long zoom semi SLR camara.
Canon sx40 was on top of my prioroty list as I am 15+ year loyal canon user, have used canon film SLR(sold now), currently own Canon DSLR and was really keen on buying sx40. But was disappointed with the slow focussing speed (especially at tele end ) and discarded it from the contention very early. Played a bit with SX220/260 but found them in a lower catagory than these four semi SLRs.

Quickly checked Nikon at Croma and was not happy with focussing speed.

Sony HS100 and Pana Fz150 were both good and were close competetors till end. I tested both the cameras for around hour (Sony in croma, Pana in brand Shop), did a detailed feature comparison, red many reviews(reviews on DPReview.com are very useful and provide objective comparison), did extensive comparison of images on Imaging Resources and eventually decided in favour of Pana due to the following reasons where it scored over Sony:
- Excellent focus locking even in low light and fast focussing in all conditions
- Minimal shutter lag(almost DSLR like)
- Capacity to capture/store RAW images, which allows you to correct som emistakes later
- External flesh and fully articulate LCD

Sony was close second with following positives over Pana:
- 30X zoom v/s 24X zoom of Pana fz 150
- 16 MP v/s 12 MP of Pana fz 150
- Focussing ring and many imaging options (like auto stitching)

Another problem with Pana Fz150 was limited availaility in Ahhedabad, it was available only in the brand shop, and also unavailability of spare bettery. However my needs were better met with Pana fz150(probably I am spoilt for speed after using DSLR) and hence went for it. Actually spent 2000 more than what I would hav espent for Sony. Sony HS100 was available for 22500, Pana fz150 I got for 24500.

Hope the above comparison, how I went about making the final choice and parameters I considered for comparison helps.

Regards,

JLS
Old 13th June 2012, 21:57   #4914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
I compared Cannon Sx 40, Sony HS100, Panasonic FZ 150 and Nikon 500 before eventually buying Pana Fz150 for my need of long zoom semi SLR camara.
Congrats! FZ150 is sill rated as best super zoom camera, even with Sony HS200V in the market (why didn't you check HS200?). I think it has best IQ among all these.

For me the criteria was weight & size. I wanted something which I can keep in my pocket (so only fixed lens), and shoot with one hand. I realized this in the showroom while testing the super-zooms in the showroom. Actually I could have increased my budget and could have gone for entry DSLR. But I didn't want lug it around. So DSLRs & super-zooms were out.

My shortlists were Canon SX260HS(20x), Nikon S9300(18x) & Sony DSC-HX20V(20x). Sony & Canon are priced around 22K & Nikon is 18K. All have GPS. Here is my grading:

1) Image Quality: Canon > Nikon > Sony
2) Video Quality: Sony > Canon = Nikon
3) Ergonomics: Sony = Canon > Nikon
4) LCD quality: Sony > Nikon > Canon
5) Features: Sony > Canon = Nikon
6) Battery life: Sony > Canon > Nikon

Sony has more gizmos than other two and has the best LCD on camera. So whatever picture shot shows best on Sony but the photo on a computer tells different story. But overall, Sony is the best all rounder. I reckon most general public will go for Sony. Nikon doesn't have any stand-out feature (except the price). Canon has the best IQ. Video performance, though not as good as Sony, isn't bad. Hence I decided to for it.
Old 14th June 2012, 00:19   #4915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Haven't picked it up. Our current camera offers pretty much everything and it made no sense to buy another camera which was only marginally better.
Saving up for a DSLR.
Old 14th June 2012, 00:20   #4916
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! FZ150 is sill rated as best super zoom camera, even with Sony HS200V in the market (why didn't you check HS200?). I think it has best IQ among all these.

For me the criteria was weight & size. I wanted something which I can keep in my pocket (so only fixed lens), and shoot with one hand. I realized this in the showroom while testing the super-zooms in the showroom. Actually I could have increased my budget and could have gone for entry DSLR. But I didn't want lug it around. So DSLRs & super-zooms were out.

My shortlists were Canon SX260HS(20x), Nikon S9300(18x) & Sony DSC-HX20V(20x). Sony & Canon are priced around 22K & Nikon is 18K. All have GPS. Here is my grading:

1) Image Quality: Canon > Nikon > Sony
2) Video Quality: Sony > Canon = Nikon
3) Ergonomics: Sony = Canon > Nikon
4) LCD quality: Sony > Nikon > Canon
5) Features: Sony > Canon = Nikon
6) Battery life: Sony > Canon > Nikon

Sony has more gizmos than other two and has the best LCD on camera. So whatever picture shot shows best on Sony but the photo on a computer tells different story. But overall, Sony is the best all rounder. I reckon most general public will go for Sony. Nikon doesn't have any stand-out feature (except the price). Canon has the best IQ. Video performance, though not as good as Sony, isn't bad. Hence I decided to for it.

I checked HS200 very briefly, but did not find amything great over HS100, and also was priced 27XXX. It was probably 18 MP over 16 MP of HS100. for which I did not really care. Also, my main criteria(focussing speed, no shutter lag) were satisfied by Pana only. Later on I realized that IQ wise also pana 150 scored over Sony. (Check ImagingResource.com, where in you can compare full size images taken by different cameras for same scene - also at different ISO). Hence Pana Fz150.

Regarding your choice of Sony, I agree that Sony is better choice due to better operatability/ergonomics. Surprizingly I found that sony focusses better than Canon/Nikon, I found this surprizing becasue Canon/Nikon are camara giants and have solid depth of technology and expertize in focussing(they are best camera lens makers if we keep Leica/Zeiss aside).
Anyways congratulations over your purchase, and happy shooting.

Regards

JLS
Old 15th June 2012, 15:17   #4917
BHPian

Fellows,

If anyone has actual ownership/hand on experience of Sony DSC-HX100V or Sony DSC-HX200v, then please do share it.

I am considering buying HX200V from ebay as getting good price from there.

Any sort of feedback on these will be helpful.

I currently own Canon SX110IS camera and have used it for 4 years now.

Looking to upgrade to higher zoom camera with good HD recording capability.
Old 16th June 2012, 12:10   #4918
SBR
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking for a digital camera to be used mostly on family holidays. Usage on outdoors will be more & less of indoor usage.

Budget - INR 6K or less.

I currently have a Kodak 8 MP camera which is not working for sometime now. After checking at many places across Bangalore, I realized that I need to spend at least 3K to bring it back to life. So, I have been thinking that it makes sense to buy a new one instead.

I am not particular about any brand. Reliability is the key.

Request suggestions.
Old 17th June 2012, 15:17   #4919
Senior - BHPian

Positing here again, after a few months. This time, buying it for sure

My cousin intends to get a PnS with budget of 10k (max stretchable to 12k). He is completely new to camera & photography (read was shooting in cell phone). What cameras would you folks suggest?

Should have

- Manual control ( in case he gets interested)

- HD video ( I guess you get it at this price point)

Good to have (not a deal breaker)

Raw capabilities.

Bangalore folks, any good shops apart from Jayesh's?
Old 18th June 2012, 10:22   #4920
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
Hi,

I am looking for a digital camera to be used mostly on family holidays. Usage on outdoors will be more & less of indoor usage.

Budget - INR 6K or less.

I currently have a Kodak 8 MP camera which is not working for sometime now. After checking at many places across Bangalore, I realized that I need to spend at least 3K to bring it back to life. So, I have been thinking that it makes sense to buy a new one instead.

I am not particular about any brand. Reliability is the key.

Request suggestions.
Guys,

Any suggestions Waiting for replies from fellow BHpians.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks