Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2012, 22:30   #5056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns
Can any of you compare Sony W 690 and Nikon Coolpix S 6300? Which is better? Both are 10 x optical zoom. Any positive points?
It's not a comparison, but since you are considering the w690, I suggest have a look at wx150 too. It's the same size, same zoom, nut has the ex or sensor for better low light pictures. Also has a bigger 3.0" LCD. It's 15k in the showrooms, but an be got for About 12k on eBay with coupons.

I just got the wx150 and its excellent. Just the perfect size, ease of point and shoot, great zoom and noteworthy picture quality.
Old 30th October 2012, 09:44   #5057
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
it seems the RX100 is your best bet. The RX100 is closest in width and height, but 1cm thicker.
I got the S110. Anything else was too big. I wanted something that easily fit in a jeans or pant pocket.
Old 30th October 2012, 19:48   #5058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I got the S110. Anything else was too big. I wanted something that easily fit in a jeans or pant pocket.
Howz the pictures on S110? Have they overcome the lens issues they had with S100? Could you let us know the price/shop?
Old 30th October 2012, 22:07   #5059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Sub : Delete EXIF Data

Hi Guys

Need your help in finding a good utility for removing EXIF data from photos, as a matter of privacy concerns.

Any good utility that can work out without doing anything to the original image [ No compression etc ]

Help is highly appreciated in this aspect
Have you tried EXIFTOOL? You could download from the link below. It is a pretty neat command line tool.

http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

I use it often to add info to my pictures. There is an option to remove EXIF data too.
Old 30th October 2012, 22:22   #5060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Sub : Delete EXIF Data

Hi Guys

Need your help in finding a good utility for removing EXIF data from photos, as a matter of privacy concerns.

Any good utility that can work out without doing anything to the original image [ No compression etc ]

Help is highly appreciated in this aspect
One method i found was to open in Paint and saving the image from Paint as a JPG.

Can you guys tell me some good place/Dealer like fotocircle in bangalore (want similar ones ) to buy photo gears?

Last edited by VW2010 : 30th October 2012 at 22:24.
Old 31st October 2012, 09:19   #5061
Senior - BHPian

Need inputs on hows the Nikon Coolpix L310 bridge cam. Is it a good purchase for Rs. 11500 or do i have any more options.
Old 31st October 2012, 18:28   #5062
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to get a point-and-shoot camera in the range within 6K for casual photography of friends, family and outings. I have a DSLR but it is a pain (in the shoulders) to carry along on long rides that I go on. So much so that in the last 2 rides I have gone on, I have not even taken one! photograph.

I am looking for a small camera that I can drop into my hip-pouch and have easy access to. Even stop the bike for a minute or so and take pics. I also wouldn't have to worry too much about taking care of the camera as I do for a DSLR.

I see that Olympus camera's have in-built lens with vibration reduction. This is obviously better than the digital vibration reduction. But how good are lower-end Olympus cameras? Macro capabilities? Can you guys suggest a good p-n-s?
Old 31st October 2012, 19:00   #5063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy
I am looking to get a point-and-shoot camera in the range within 6K for casual photography of friends, family and outings. I have a DSLR but it is a pain (in the shoulders) to carry along on long rides that I go on. So much so that in the last 2 rides I have gone on, I have not even taken one! photograph.

I am looking for a small camera that I can drop into my hip-pouch and have easy access to. Even stop the bike for a minute or so and take pics. I also wouldn't have to worry too much about taking care of the camera as I do for a DSLR.

I see that Olympus camera's have in-built lens with vibration reduction. This is obviously better than the digital vibration reduction. But how good are lower-end Olympus cameras? Macro capabilities? Can you guys suggest a good p-n-s?
I personally like the Fujifilm budget cameras. The pictures are crisp and clear. And most of them have 720p video recording. The only drawback is that most of them dont have Lithium ion batteries. They work on AA sized bateries. But if u are travelling to remote places it can be a advantage because u can find these AA sized batteries in any shop.

Last edited by chinmaybaikar : 31st October 2012 at 19:01.
Old 31st October 2012, 19:43   #5064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
I personally like the Fujifilm budget cameras. The pictures are crisp and clear. And most of them have 720p video recording. The only drawback is that most of them dont have Lithium ion batteries. They work on AA sized bateries. But if u are travelling to remote places it can be a advantage because u can find these AA sized batteries in any shop.
Thanks for the suggestion. But when they take normal AA batteries, how is their shooting capacity for these batteries? And are these cams better than similar Canon or Nikon cams?
Old 31st October 2012, 21:15   #5065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. But when they take normal AA batteries, how is their shooting capacity for these batteries? And are these cams better than similar Canon or Nikon cams?
Yeah the shooting capacity is good if u use Duracell. But depends on the use then. I don't know the picture quality comparison with the nikons and canons. But yeah it surely has awesome picture quality when compared to my olympus. And the video quality is too good. But then again the Fujifilms are not shock proof and water proof like my olympus.
Old 1st November 2012, 08:25   #5066
Team-BHP Support

I recently bought a Nikon S30 (pink) for my 4 year old daughter. Inexpensive p&s with large buttons, and quite an exciting camera for kids. Its waterproof and shockproof, and works with 2 AA batteries.

http://www.nikon.com.sg/en_SG/produc...oryID=gp54h9sb
Old 1st November 2012, 12:51   #5067
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Howz the pictures on S110? Have they overcome the lens issues they had with S100? Could you let us know the price/shop?
I dont know about the S100. I went from S90 to S110. The pictures are comparable to those taken by the S90. I paid about 29,000 with bill and warranty. I believe there are better prices available.
Old 1st November 2012, 13:02   #5068
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
Can any of you compare Sony W 690 and Nikon Coolpix S 6300? Which is better? Both are 10 x optical zoom. Any positive points?
At similar price point I'd suggest getting the Canon IS4000, or if you can up the budget like someone else suggested get yourself a Sony WX-150.
Old 1st November 2012, 19:30   #5069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I dont know about the S100. I went from S90 to S110. The pictures are comparable to those taken by the S90. I paid about 29,000 with bill and warranty. I believe there are better prices available.
Here, the price is around $380/-. The S110 with CMOS sensor might provide better low light pictures than S90. Please post some pictures from the camera in the images thread.
Old 1st November 2012, 22:33   #5070
Senior - BHPian

I was checking out the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS6 on Flipkart. It has an Image stabilizer - not the usual digital image stabilizer. Looks like a good cam. Read some good reviews too.

Any ideas?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks