Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2023, 17:26   #571
BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Took the plunge with the recent sale - ordered on Flipkart with Open Box Delivery for ₹12,870 after Instant Discounts. Should be getting another 5% off as Cashback due to Flipkart Axis Card taking the final landing price to ₹12,226

Attachment 2363787

Delivery expected on Day of Vijayadashami
Congrats on the amazing deal!
How are you finding the comfort of these? People all over the internet have negatively reported regarding comfort because of the foam tips which cause ears to start paining after 25-30mins of use.
Also, do the buds protrude out of the ears enough to make it uncomfortable while lying on bed on the pillow on your side?
These are amazing TWS but the comfort factor is only thing holding me back.
Old 6th April 2023, 01:05   #572
BHPian

It seems like Bose QuietComfort 35 II headphones have been discontinued in India. I'm not sure whether it's permanently. It's no more available on Flipkart and Amazon. Though, it's listed in the Bose website but on clicking "Buy" button, below message appears:

"This product is not available for sale/online purchase in your region."

Does anyone have any idea whether this model will be back on sale? Is it discontinued temporarily?

I'm thinking of purchasing it as I've heard that this is one of the best Bose headphones. It's successor QC 45 is not that good when compared to this one.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 10:53   #573
Senior - BHPian

The 2023 line up is on its way. In the US there is the QC 45 and my personal favourite, the 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
It seems like Bose QuietComfort 35 II headphones have been discontinued in India. I'm not sure whether it's permanently
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 18:07   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, after many years of debate I finally caved in last year and went in for yet another beautiful Sennheiser headphone. The HD 800s which to me is my end game gear. I call it the Darth Vader or the Princess Leia headphone for obvious reasons.

Stand out looks and its imaging and separation are its strong points as well as airy sound and vocals. It's the best I have heard on headphones. This one is NOT for bass heads and like most other high impedance 300+ Ohm headphones requires a headphone amp or stereo amp/receiver for optimal performance. But its not without its faults - head grip and bass response could be better. Hear it to decide if its for you.

The Headphones Thread-hd800s.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd September 2023 at 23:27. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
R2D2 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 14:27   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Just wanted to share my headphone and earphone combinations.
I travel a lot by air so mostly use Sony WH 1000XM4 and Air Pod pro for their noise cancellation and overall decent sound quality.

Sometimes I use 1Custom Junior IEM’s too with either the apple dongle or Fiio BTR7 DAC/Amp. It is a great IEM with tweaking options. It has two balanced armature drivers and one dynamic driver.

For listening at home, my preferred combination is the planar magnetic headphones (Hifiman Edition XS) paired with a Topping DX3+ pro (DAC/Amp). Stellar sound quality and can use it for hours at a stretch without any comfort issues.

Attaching a pic with everything together
The Headphones Thread-img_6304.jpeg
robimahanta is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 12:19   #576
BHPian

Team,

I've used the AirPods 2 for the past couple of years, but I'm now contemplating an upgrade to higher-end audio gear with a more audiophile focus. I've been closely examining the Bowers and Wilkins P15; however, I'm uncertain whether it aligns with my needs. As I find myself engaged in video calls extensively – a few hours each day – my AirPods have proven to be excellent companions, seamlessly connecting with my Mac. Yet, I do have concerns regarding the potential trade-offs in terms of battery life and connectivity compared to the AirPods. Furthermore, I'm curious about the potential improvement in sound quality, particularly when measured against the AirPods Pro 2. I'm planning to visit the Headphone Zone store next week, hopeful that I can gain clarity on some aspects, but would love any insights or advice.
Old 26th August 2023, 15:40   #577
BHPian

Just purchased a pair of midnight blue Sony WH 1000 XM5s for my wife as a birthday gift. Was initially going to get the AirPod 2 Pros but figured non Apple headphones would have the advantage of taking calls and meetings on the office Windows laptop as well. Started looking up detailed reviews and then kept going back and forth between the Bose QC700, the WF 1000 XM5s, and WH XM5s (with a brief moment of insanity where I looked at the Air Pod Pro Max and a pair of Bowers and Wilkins). Chose the WH 1000s because literally every website and pro reviewer had good things to say with only a few negatives which really don't apply in the real world. My only concern is the size which am worried may make her not want to wear it. The weight was also a concern but everyone seems to say it's quite light. Fingers crossed on what could turn out to be a very expensive mistake. Also sucks that Amazon is going the Flipkart way and is not doing returns anymore. Just a replacement and even that's at the service centre. Listed at 29K but got a discounted rate of 25528 and a no cost 12 month emi as we used an HDFC card.

Last edited by Iyencar : 26th August 2023 at 15:48.
Iyencar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 12:50   #578
BHPian

Hello, I was a bit confused about this and thought i should ask you guys what to do. I am in the market for a bluetooth headphones. I will use them mostly for music and watching videos at home and in the gym. I didn’t want to spend too much as this will by my first headphones and not sure if I like the feel or not. I shortlisted the sony 720 retailing at almost ₹10k. But watching the reviews the XM4s seem far better than any headphone. Should I go for the XM4s at about 19k instead of these?
M_Poweredd_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 13:48   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Poweredd_ View Post
Hello, I was a bit confused about this and thought i should ask you guys what to do. I am in the market for a bluetooth headphones. I will use them mostly for music and watching videos at home and in the gym. I didn’t want to spend too much as this will by my first headphones and not sure if I like the feel or not. I shortlisted the sony 720 retailing at almost ₹10k. But watching the reviews the XM4s seem far better than any headphone. Should I go for the XM4s at about 19k instead of these?
If you are ok with spending 19K, go for XM4. Sony's WH-1000 series is one of the best in the market. Read this Verge review from 2020

But if you are on budget, then Sony 720 seems nice. I would also suggest Sennheiser HD 450BT
or Sennheiser HD 450SE. Both are around your budget
chanz2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 01:03   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you have the budget then Sony XM4 is the one to go with your eyes closed.

I have been using XM3 for a few years and it's really awesome headphones.

Recently, added the Apple AirPods Max to my collection which is also a phenomenal headphone but, way too expensive for the sound quality they deliver.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 07:46   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If you have the budget then Sony XM4 is the one to go with your eyes closed.
I did test the XM4s in a shop and they ANC is very good. Although it lacked bass and sound wasn't punchy. Is that the case with every Xm4 or maybe the EQ settings were messed with on that example.

Although its an apple to oranges comparison but are the Airpods pro 2 better over the Xm4s? They both retail at almost the same price. Whats your opinion?
M_Poweredd_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 22:51   #582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did test the XM4s in a shop and they ANC is very good. Although it lacked bass and sound wasn't punchy. Is that the case with every Xm4 or maybe the EQ settings were messed with on that example.
Actually, the XM's have a good bass and they are punchy too. Don't expect "loud" volume as these headphones don't sound loud if you are used to listening to high volumes.

But, the bass is pretty good. You may tweak the settings in the "Sony APP" which is also a good app to tweak settings.

Quote:
Although its an apple to oranges comparison but are the Airpods pro 2 better over the Xm4s? They both retail at almost the same price. Whats your opinion?
No comparison with an AirPods Pro 2

I don't use it but, my wife has the Pro 2 and I listen to them occasionally.

Simple Rule of Thumb

In-Ear Headphones vs. Over the head headphones should not be compared as over the head will always sound better because of the design/better ANC/Sound is isolated and delivered due to larger ear cups etc.

Both headphones have a very different purpose and usage pattern. Pls decide what you exactly want vs. choosing one over the other.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 23:19   #583
BHPian

Quote:

The out of the box EQ of the XM4 is quite mehhh, they sound flat and constrained. You need to EQ them to your liking in the Sony app and make them sound more open. After that they start sounding fantastic and in a league of their own!
In the app, you can also increase the bass. I have EQed them and the bass is punchy.
With regards to airpods pro 2, as mobike said, both shouldn't be compared as both have different use case and their own limitations.
Additionally, consider airpods pro 2 only if you are iPhone user because on the Android side of things, you can get competitive earbuds at lower costs.

Last edited by Candy$Cars : 3rd September 2023 at 23:21.
Candy$Cars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 06:17   #584
Team-BHP Support

If you folks like the Air Pods Pro line, give the Beats a try. The Beats Fit Pro is an amazing product. Apple does not sell Beats in India officially.
Old 16th November 2023, 00:51   #585
Senior - BHPian

Has Sennheiser stopped the entry-level headphones like HD 201, 202, etc? Can't seem to find them anymore. I am very fond of the 201, especially its low bass, and find it to be very comfortable for wearing for long hours. Any similar alternatives?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks