Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2021, 08:40   #541
BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

Hello BHPians, need advise on choosing a pair of headphones for my brother.

Currently using-
He currently uses an year old JBL Tune 700BT which has to be replaced thanks to some degraded earpads(can't replace them as they don't appear to be magnetic) and the wire given in box has gone kaput (Can't find any 2.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable online/is too expensive).

Requirements-
1) Decent sound quality.
2) Wired+Wireless.
3) Over-ears type earcups.
4) Good battery life.
5) Not looking at earpods, headphones only.
6) Good mic.

Budget-
₹7k max. Can stretch a little bit (~₹1k) if the product is impressive.

Options considered-
1) Sennheiser HD350BT
2) Sony WH-CH710N
3) JBL Tune 750BTNC

My take on the options-
1) Sennheiser HD350BT-
Headphones with good sound quality and battery life. The reviews about it seem to be mixed and average in nature. Is it worth it?

2) Sony WH-CH710N-
The most expensive option considered only because I currently use a pair of WH-XB900N which I have found to be amazing. Though I don't expect it to be as good as my pair, it still has some big shoes to fill. The reviews for this too seems average. Is it worth taking the plunge?

3) JBL Tune 750BTNC-
The most VFM pair in the lot. Offers good features with noise canceling as an added bonus for this price point. Given the experience with the Tune 700BT, is it worth considering one from the same tribe?

All your views, feedback and ownership experiences with any of these or other products worth considering within the given budget would be of great help to me as I'm expecting this product to last for 4 years at least. Thanks in advance for all your posts!
Old 6th February 2022, 07:53   #542
BHPian

I'm looking for a pair of earphones for very durable usage. I'm a hosteler and I almost use it for 14-18 hours in a day, except the time that i sleep i.e the remaining 6 hours. I've tried using a number of brands such as redmi basic, boat, ant audio and leaf audio. None of them last longer than 5 or 6 months. I'm tired of buying a new pair every 6 months or so. So I'm looking for something long term.

Can anyone give good recommendations? Budget is under ₹2k
Old 6th February 2022, 08:11   #543
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitvsk23 View Post
Not sure if any thing in that budget would work that long. Also are you looking at in ears, over the ears etc?

From a battery point of view am realising true-wireless pods may be the way to go thanks to the charging capability of the holders.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 09:36   #544
BHPian

I have been using these OnePlus Bullets headphones for close to a year now and am very happy with it. Note - I got the non-bass regular one but it's showing out of stock. Folks who listen to music may prefer the above bass ones.
  • Battery life of almost 20 hours means that I almost never run out of charge
  • Quick charge of 10 hours in 10 mins means that I quickly get back ample charge when I need it
  • Almost no latency compared to all my previous wireless headphones
  • Sturdy build quality
  • Connects easily with different devices - I've tried with my Nokia 3310 backup phone, Windows and MAC laptops, and my iPhone
Old 6th February 2022, 18:16   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Not sure if any thing in that budget would work that long. Also are you looking at in ears, over the ears etc?

From a battery point of view am realising true-wireless pods may be the way to go thanks to the charging capability of the holders.
I find in-ear earphones comfortable to use. I also find the carrying cases cumbersome to manage. They don't sit in my pockets well.

If I were to spend on a TWS buds set, how much would I be looking at, given al that i've mentioned in my previous post? Please suggest a few models.
Old 6th February 2022, 18:41   #546
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If I were to spend on a TWS buds set, how much would I be looking at, given al that i've mentioned in my previous post? Please suggest a few models.
You have the entire range of True Wireless. 2K Boat to 20/25K Apple (AirPods Pro) /Sony (1000-XM4). Take your pick !
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 23:45   #547
BHPian

Quote:
I'm looking for a pair of earphones for very durable usage. I'm a hosteler and I almost use it for 14-18 hours in a day, except the time that i sleep i.e the remaining 6 hours. I've tried using a number of brands such as redmi basic, boat, ant audio and leaf audio. None of them last longer than 5 or 6 months. I'm tired of buying a new pair every 6 months or so. So I'm looking for something long term.

If you are looking for wired earphones, you can try Sennheiser, JBL ,Sony ones.
If you are looking for TWS buds, you can try Jabra, Samsung ones.
Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 01:01   #548
Senior - BHPian

My AirPods Pro purchased in December 2019 started behaving strangely, I could only hear through the right one, thinking the battery was low I charged them to 100%. Still the same, I went into the settings and tried the “forget this device” to be able to set them up as new once again.

That’s it, after that when I put the Bluetooth on they don’t get recognised even though the white light comes on the case. I tried pairing them with my Wife’s iPhone 8 Plus and exactly the same result, not being recognised.

Please share your thoughts/ideas on the issue. Are they repairable or since they are more than two years old it’s life is over.

Thank you.

Cheers
Old 7th February 2022, 08:02   #549
Senior - BHPian

To reset you need to hold the button for 15 seconds. And no, they're not repairable. If under one year they just give you new airpods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
tried the “forget this device” to be able to set them up as new once again.

Last edited by Sebring : 7th February 2022 at 08:03.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 12:36   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
To reset you need to hold the button for 15 seconds. And no, they're not repairable. If under one year they just give you new airpods
Thanks Sebring. Tried the reset too, nothing. My phone doesn’t recognise the AirPods, the setup menu doesn’t come up only the white light keeps blinking on the case.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 11:56   #551
BHPian

Has anyone used Sony's MDR-EX155AP earphones? What can you say about its longetivity and build quality?
Old 16th February 2022, 18:00   #552
Oxy
BHPian

My Sony H910N has suddenly refused to function. Just won't get paired with any device at all. The blue light blinks about four times on pressing and holding the power button and that's it, doesn't get detected. Similarly, while charging the red light glows for a few seconds and then you can't even tell if it's getting charged.

Is there any troubleshooting I can do or is reinstalling the drivers the only option?
Old 18th February 2022, 19:46   #553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
My AirPods Pro purchased in December 2019 started behaving strangely, I could only hear through the right one, thinking the battery was low I charged them to 100%. Still the same, I went into the settings and tried the “forget this device” to be able to set them up as new once again.
Please don't try pairing with someone's iPhone for now as it tries to connect to their iCloud account too, which leads to the Find My service not working. I just found this out the hard way and after few very long calls with Apple support.
That might be another reason its not pairing either. So to remove it from your account and others', open the iCloud website on your desktop and then remove it from there. Then maybe you can try pairing to see if it works.
nithin5497 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 06:42   #554
BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Hey guys, IEM suggestion required.

Looking for decent sounding In Ear Monitor that is budget friendly which has good sound separation and clarity in the mid and upper range. Pretty confused between Moondrop Chu and KZ ZSN ProX. Read some where that the higher tones of the KZs are sharp and gives you headache after a while, it might differ person to person but don't want overly sharp highs too. But I wanted to experience the balanced armature driver in the KZs, hence the confusion.

Considering clarity and sound separation over boosted bits on the spectrum which one you would suggest?

Please note this is my first IEM purchase.

Thanks in advance
Old 30th July 2022, 13:47   #555
BHPian

Is there any place in Bangalore where i can get the earpads for the Sony WH-1000XM3 replaced?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks