Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2022, 14:24   #556
BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Is there any place in Bangalore where i can get the earpads for the Sony WH-1000XM3 replaced?
Simple DIY, order from Amazon.
https://amzn.to/3ON08z8
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 10:48   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Is there any place in Bangalore where i can get the earpads for the Sony WH-1000XM3 replaced?
You will need to get it from Sony..be aware they are pretty expensive at about 4500 a pair. I had enquired.

Also, using 3rd party pads will affect the sound. Trust me on this.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 12:28   #558
Senior - BHPian

I am interested in the Sony WF-1000XM4 but given that they are pricey wanted to try them out first. Also some reviews mention that they are not the most comfortable in terms of the ear fit.
Do any of the shops in Bangalore have these for demo where we can try and then make the purchase decision?
Old 9th August 2022, 07:29   #559
Senior - BHPian

These are the best out there, astounding performance. The sound is absolutely brilliant. Shops wont give demo as these are pricey, but you can try mine, no problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am interested in the Sony WF-1000XM4. Do any of the shops in Bangalore have these for demo where we can try and then make the purchase decision?
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 08:02   #560
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
These are the best out there, astounding performance. The sound is absolutely brilliant. Shops wont give demo as these are pricey, but you can try mine, no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am interested in the Sony WF-1000XM4 but given that they are pricey wanted to try them out first. Also some reviews mention that they are not the most comfortable in terms of the ear fit.
Do any of the shops in Bangalore have these for demo where we can try and then make the purchase decision?
Like member @sebring says, no two opinion on the headphone. Blows away every true wireless out there. I tried both Airpods Pro and XM4. No comparison.
Trust me you cant wrong with the quality.

The only problem, I felt they cant take abuse. You have to be careful about its ear tip. So my opinionP: They are meant more for leisure listening rather than killing it day-to-day. For day-to-day abuse buy a cheaper one. Or if you want one for out doors (running/jogging for example) getting any sports version. But if you need that awesome voice quality at the convenience of a TW look no further.

Amazon usually gets you with 5-6K discount during sale making them available under 20K.

EDIT: Today's Amazing Sale pegs the XM4 at 18K.

Last edited by ampere : 9th August 2022 at 08:23.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 09:59   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
EDIT: Today's Amazing Sale pegs the XM4 at 18K.
There is actually an additional 2K OFF with SBI Cards bringing it to 16K. I am planning to buy during the October sale as that is when the best deals show up.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 12:13   #562
BHPian

Sony WH-1000XM4 is available at a great deal on Amazon now. Its listed at 19,701 and you get a 2k discount on credit cards , so you can grab it at 17k . Its a great deal.

I had bought my XM3 at 24k 3 years back. Tempted to go for this :-)
kap04 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 14:43   #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Try getting the AZLA Crystal or AZLA Xelastec buds. They are amazing! I have them both, using them on Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic IEMs.
Old 26th September 2022, 15:30   #564

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Just realized these are over-ear type
Old 27th September 2022, 10:16   #565
BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Hey guys, IEM suggestion required.

Looking for decent sounding In Ear Monitor that is budget friendly which has good sound separation and clarity in the mid and upper range. Pretty confused between Moondrop Chu and KZ ZSN ProX. Read some where that the higher tones of the KZs are sharp and gives you headache after a while, it might differ person to person but don't want overly sharp highs too. But I wanted to experience the balanced armature driver in the KZs, hence the confusion.
I'm exactly having the same dilemma. Did you finally make the purchase? If so, kindly update as I'm also looking to get my first IEM under 2k. TIA
Old 2nd October 2022, 11:01   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These are the best out there, astounding performance. The sound is absolutely brilliant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Like member @sebring says, no two opinion on the headphone. Blows away every true wireless out there. I tried both Airpods Pro and XM4. No comparison.
Took the plunge with the recent sale - ordered on Flipkart with Open Box Delivery for ₹12,870 after Instant Discounts. Should be getting another 5% off as Cashback due to Flipkart Axis Card taking the final landing price to ₹12,226

Name:  XM4.png
Views: 705
Size:  36.0 KB

Delivery expected on Day of Vijayadashami

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 2nd October 2022 at 11:03.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 11:25   #567
BHPian

Hi everyone.

I have been using Sony earphones since the past decade and i just feel that they have been able to give the best combination of audio quality and ergonomics. I have steadily upgraded from the entry level Sony earphones to the top notch wired earphones with 7 iterations in total. I have been using MDR XB 75 AP since the past 6 years (purchased 3 as 2 got stolen and I have one in hand right now since the past 3 years).

Sony has become narrowing down the wired earphones portfolio as the MDR XB 75 AP has been discontinued in this segment and the lower version MDR XB 55 AP is available on sale. Comparatively, it has a much more plastic feel as compared to the metallic finish, a much more smaller audio driver unit, less audio refinement, no tangle free cord and a lot more.

Now, I am in the market looking for the replacement of these earphones which would match the quality for under 4k budget. What can be the best choice?
Old 30th January 2023, 00:53   #568
BHPian

My 2 year old Jabra Elite 85H just puffed smoke from the charging port while charging. I contacted Jabra support but have received no functional response yet.

Has anyone dealt with Jabra support and is there an authorized service center in Delhi NCR.
Old 4th February 2023, 11:25   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwing View Post
My 2 year old Jabra Elite 85H just puffed smoke from the charging port while charging. I contacted Jabra support but have received no functional response yet.
Jabra came through and resolved the matter with replacing my out of warranty headphones with a TWS(Elite 7).
Blackwing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 17:04   #570
BHPian

After a long time I spent money on a decent IEM having bought KZ ZS 10 Pro X. I am not an audiophile nor do I listen to music predominantly. Most of my usage is for movies.

I already have Bose Soundsport Wireless, which I got some 4 or 5 years back from US when they were on discount. I liked the way they sounded. The problem was the rubber on the volume buttons and the power button on the right earpiece have peeled off and I am not able to get them replaced. Hence unable to use the headset. I have a boat rockerz 255 pro for regular use which does its job with a spectacular battery back up of more than 30 hrs.

Coming to the KZ IEM I read a lot of reviews and was willing to spend upto 5k for a good IEM. I wasn't thinking of Over the Ears as I wanted small form figure to carry easily. Didn't want a wireless set as well as I already had Bose Soundsport. I wasn't particular about ANC as well because I use them only for watching movies at home mostly. Initially thought of getting Signature Acoustics Ocean IEM but they were out of stock. After looking at various sites and reviews felt that KZ ZS10 Pro X were good pair of IEM and were also within my budget.
I got them from this store
https://www.theaudiostore.in/product...x-iem-with-mic

The IEM has 1 10mm driver and 4 BA drivers to handle other ranges in each earpiece, aiding in depth as well separation of sound.

After getting the IEM I changed the tips to the smallest as generally the small tips used to fit my ears well for most headset. As I listened to various test clips, including Dolby Atmos clips, to check the performance of the headset across the ranges, I felt that the bass was pretty weak though very clear. After checking various clips I thought of changing the tips to medium and check again and the difference was chalk and cheese. Now the rumble from low bass was superb but precise without dominating other sounds. Just goes to show how a simple thing as getting proper fit can completely hange the was a headset sounds. The midrange probably is marginally weak but I don't have much of a reference to compare except Bose Soundsport, which again I haven't used for more than 6 months. All in all I think this is a good enough IEM for majority who aren't into professional audiophile territory.

Another advantage, being a modular headset, is that I can get a bluetooth cable like this this and convert the wired IEM to wireless.
Attached Thumbnails
The Headphones Thread-zs10proxmic_kzzs10proxinearwiredearphonesmus_variants1_1600x.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks