Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2020, 15:25   #511
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Headphones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Thanks. I prefer clear Sounds. And even though it is a 5 year old model, it still seems to be well recommended. I will mostly pick it tonight. Picking the same one after 5 yers of usge is a pretty strong endorsement.
I had a Shure wired headphone which had warmer sound but it was great. I then moved to wired Bose and I instantly liked the clearer sound. But later once I realized 3.5mm jacks were vanishing, I moved to Bose wireless. (Soundsport) and have been using them ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Rahul,
Check out Jabra Elite 65T on Headphone zone. They have decent music output (comparable to bose) and are proper in-ear wireless.
Good to read this. I still am not yet on to ear buds. Still like the "wired" wireless headphones.
Old 4th November 2020, 21:45   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I had a Shure wired headphone which had warmer sound but it was great. I then moved to wired Bose and I instantly liked the clearer sound. But later once I realized 3.5mm jacks were vanishing, I moved to Bose wireless. (Soundsport) and have been using them ever since.

Good to read this. I still am not yet on to ear buds. Still like the "wired" wireless headphones.

I ordered the Jabra 65T and they are really great with sound quality and EQ options.

However, for me, the biggest problem was In-ear fitting. They were 1 size too big for me, though with the provided 3 sets of ear plugs, I could get a tight fit, yet, they werent still secure for my liking.

Returned them and now search begins for another lookout for a good BT earphone or neckband..

Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Old 4th November 2020, 21:53   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anyone recommend a value-for-money wired headset for taking office calls? Nothing fancy - just a headset with decent call and mic setup for calls that would range an hour each (at max). I'd hardly be facing a situation of having multiple back to back calls, with probably 3 to 4 calls spread across the per day.
Old 4th November 2020, 22:03   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a value-for-money wired headset for taking office calls? Nothing fancy - just a headset with decent call and mic setup for calls that would range an hour each (at max). I'd hardly be facing a situation of having multiple back to back calls, with probably 3 to 4 calls spread across the per day.

Me too looking for something similar, though I need BT only with good voice call quality,
Old 4th November 2020, 23:23   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
I ordered the Jabra 65T and they are really great with sound quality and EQ options.

Returned them and now search begins for another lookout for a good BT earphone or neckband..

Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
I bought these in the BBD sale.
Very impressed by the sound quality. No active noise cancellation but the snug fit means it does cancels the sound to a limit. Do check reviews in Flipkart as well.
Attached Thumbnails
The Headphones Thread-screenshot_20201104231808.jpg  

Old 4th November 2020, 23:33   #516
BHPian

Quote:

One of my friends was also looking for one and I had recommended this one for him.
https://www.headphonezone.in/collect...hilips-tash402
casnov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 01:58   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if you are looking for something utilarian
https://www.amazon.in/Logitech-H110-...2QH4TXG5R640NB

Remember to get a jack adapter if you need to plug into a laptop or a mobile phone

https://www.amazon.in/Headphone-Micr...7MSJQAFQ4SGMGR
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 17:05   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
if you are looking for something utilarian
https://www.amazon.in/Logitech-H110-...2QH4TXG5R640NB

Remember to get a jack adapter if you need to plug into a laptop or a mobile phone

https://www.amazon.in/Headphone-Micr...7MSJQAFQ4SGMGR
UPDate : https://www.amazon.in/Logitech-H111-..._t2_B003H4QPJQ
recommending this as it doesn't require an adapter
Old 7th November 2020, 21:27   #519
BHPian

Bought a Sony WF-1000XM3 yesterday at a massive discount on Amazon. Paid about 12k for this. Discount is still available today. Is there a new version expected soon? Not able to figure out why this is being discounted so heavily within 6 months of it's India release.
Old 7th November 2020, 21:34   #520

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Bought a Sony WF-1000XM3 yesterday at a massive discount on Amazon. Paid about 12k for this. Discount is still available today. Is there a new version expected soon? Not able to figure out why this is being discounted so heavily within 6 months of it's India release.
Yes. A newer version has been launched.
Old 7th November 2020, 23:34   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YossarianLives View Post
Yes. A newer version has been launched.
What is the model number? I cannot find anything other than the headphones but WF-1000XM3 are the earbuds.
Old 8th November 2020, 00:00   #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
What is the model number? I cannot find anything other than the headphones but WF-1000XM3 are the earbuds.
The new model is WH-1000XM4. The older one is definitely a steal even for 20k, you got it for 12k. Not a lot has changed.
Old 8th November 2020, 12:19   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2_d2 View Post
The new model is WH-1000XM4. The older one is definitely a steal even for 20k, you got it for 12k. Not a lot has changed.

I think you are getting confused between WF & WH.
The discussion about the price is for WF-1000XM3, which are truly wireless earbuds , which was launched just 6 months back in India, while the WH-1000XM4, which are headphones, have been recently launched. The previous gen headphones, WH-1000XM3 are still selling for 20k
akhil994 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 19:47   #524
BHPian

The earcups of my Sony XB650BT bluetooth headphones have given up on me. This is the second piece where this has happened (under 1.5 years of use) on the previous piece the same thing had happened even though i use my headphones with utmost care.
Is there any solution to this or the only answer is dump them? I tried finding spare earcups on the internet but couldn't find any.
Attached Thumbnails
The Headphones Thread-img_20201211_194218.jpg  

Old 18th April 2021, 14:12   #525
BHPian

Need help with Headphones Headbands

Hi All,

I have a peculiar problem with Headphones Headbands that pops up and ruins my life about once every year :(

I hate in ear earphones as they are always inconvenient for me after a while, cause a little ear pain after continuous use and also give issues related to ear wax. Hence I don't buy any sort of speaker that goes inside my ears. Otherwise my current pair from Apple that came with the iPhone is just great for all of my requirements.

I love over the ear (anything that can cover my entire ear) as they give good sound/noise insulation (natural) and do not cause any issues related to earwax. But they could be heavy at times and since I wear specs, at times depending upon the actual headphone, I will feel the pressure of the specs on one side of my head due to the pressing of the specs by the earcups.

Due to lightweight and cost advantages I sometimes get over the year headphones too. These serve the purpose quite well.

Now these both types always come with a Plastic based headband and that is where the problem stars.

My skull is a bit larger than average at the back and hence after a while (usually after 8-10 months of use) the headband on once side breaks. And so I have to get a new one every year.

I don't like speakers for following reasons:

1) I have kids at home and they at times sleep during the day. Speakers can be loud during office calls and hence an annoyance for them. For reference, my younger one is just 4 months old and hence sleep is very important for both - the child and the mother. Same applies to my senior citizen parents though they are usually in their own room
2) We live in Mumbai and so having a separate room of my own for work is a luxury that I can't afford for now.
3) Need a mic close to my mouth so that I don't have to shout or go close to my laptop when I have to speak during the calls.

I have had multiple in the past including options from:
1) Motorola
2) Sony
3) Jabra - similar to the current one
4) Local unknown brands

Branded ones work well and their speakers don't give up easily for first two years at-least.

I need help in finding the right headphone (on ear or over the year) with a good mic. Prefer wired ones so as to keep the cost low, avoid having to charge it and also keep the mic closer to my mouth.

Please recommend something that will not have this problem of breaking headband and will still be good in quality.

Long back I had an Intex branded Headphones that had a steel/chrome plated iron based headband and hence that wasn't the issue. But it had bad speaker quality and one of the two speakers eventually gave up (again another recurring issue with lesser known brands).

Attached image is my latest damage. This is a Jabra HSC012. Its lightweight, has a good mic and volume controls and serves the purpose very well. Some recommendation based on experience will be helpful. Currently not able to find anything on Amazon.in that can solve this problem and is having decent/good reviews. For same reasons, I don't but any expensive ones such as those from Sony or Bose as they all are plastic based and I am 100% sure of facing the same problem eventually.

I have had this issue since 2 decades but was able to get by until this Pandemic educed WFH amplified it now. So now I need a good solution for this issue instead of getting a new pair every year :(

The Headphones Thread-20210418_134023.jpg

Last edited by sunilch : 18th April 2021 at 14:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks