Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2019, 22:23   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
Few issues:
1. My phone doesn't support Sony LDAC audio codec. Hence, have to run on old SBC audio codec which is very old codec.
2. The manual says that the Sony WH-1000XM3 supports LDAC, AptxHD, Aptx, AAC and SBC codec. I am currently using it with my MacBook. I downloaded Bluetooth utilities from Apple Developer site and forced audio quality to run on AAC and AptxHD. But still the headphones in on SBC codec. Few screenshots from my MacBook.

If anyone is able to run the headphones on Aptx or AAC, let me know.
Congratulations on the headphones. I got these about 2 months back and have been using them with my Note 9. I used them with SBC, Aptx and LDAC. I didn't appreciate any significant difference in sound qualities. In Note 9, Bluetooth codec can be selected in the developer settings.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th November 2019 at 19:24. Reason: Spacing.
D4d-maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 22:53   #437
BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Congratulations on the headphones. I got these about 2 months back and have been using them with my Note 9. I used them with SBC, Aptx and LDAC. I didn't appreciate any significant difference in sound qualities. In Note 9, Bluetooth codec can be selected in the developer settings.
Thanks!

I hope you are addicted to noise cancelling feature.

I use One Plus 3T. I have checked developer settings and one plus doesn't support LDAC. The Sony Headphones connect app supports only LDAC for high quality sound. It should also support other codecs.
Old 8th March 2019, 08:10   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

I hope you are addicted to noise cancelling feature.

I use One Plus 3T. I have checked developer settings and one plus doesn't support LDAC. The Sony Headphones connect app supports only LDAC for high quality sound. It should also support other codecs.
Oh I am absolutely loving these. Noise cancellation is a boon. I have exams in the coming months so I play music at the lowest volume and noise cancellation blocks out all the unwanted sounds in the house and helps me focus. Coming to sound quality, if your device doesn't support LDAC, rest assured. You are not missing much. At times I have these connected to an Echo dot for playing music and even at those times, there is no appreciable degradation in sound quality.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th November 2019 at 19:25. Reason: Spacing.
Old 8th March 2019, 22:31   #439
BHPian

Quote:
I use One Plus 3T. I have checked developer settings and one plus doesn't support LDAC.
OnePlus 3T does support LDAC mode, refer the following screenshot from my phone. My phone having OxygenOS 5.0.8.

The Headphones Thread-screenshot_20190308222853.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 5th November 2019 at 19:26. Reason: Spacing. Picture inserted in-line.
Old 9th March 2019, 00:13   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
OnePlus 3T does support LDAC mode, refer the following screenshot from my phone. My phone having OxygenOS 5.0.8
Thanks for the tip. I was all the time checking in advanced option which has Bluetooth codecs listed in setting option.

One observation while running LDAC is we have to keep streaming as best effort ( Adaptive bit rate). If I force it to stream for audio quality, at 990 kbps, I found the sound quality to suffer with drops in the HQ music which is being getting streamed.

There is not much difference in sound quality. Just wanted to check whether the headphones work on LDAC or not.

Last edited by rst89 : 9th March 2019 at 00:16. Reason: Corrected few details.
Old 9th March 2019, 09:53   #441
Senior - BHPian

I use the xm3 with my lg v30 in wired mode to make use of the DAC on the phone. So never bothered with the bluetooth codecs

That said for movie watching on the tab i use the BT function. Have to check what codec my tab is using as default.
Old 24th March 2019, 11:33   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing price for the QC 35 II. $258 = 19K only in INR.

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/proelec..._bJziEHbXnNb.w
Old 24th July 2019, 13:36   #443
BHPian

Could anybody here suggest a good pair of in-ear wireless headphones? Not the in-canal type, just in-ear.

Do not need any high end stuff. Just a basic pair that I can toss into my office bag.
Old 28th July 2019, 12:19   #444
Senior - BHPian

Bose service is amazing! Had a very old pair of wired OE2 headphones that had shed and the wire was torn. Gave it to them and the cups and wire were immediately replaced by the technician. No delays whatsoever. Got brand new plastic outer cups as an afterthought. Now it's brand new. Bose service in Bangalore is located on Residency Road (In case you need).

The Headphones Thread-28-12.png

Last edited by aah78 : 5th November 2019 at 19:26. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 28th July 2019, 14:19   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Could anybody here suggest a good pair of in-ear wireless headphones? Not the in-canal type, just in-ear.

Do not need any high end stuff. Just a basic pair that I can toss into my office bag.
Why don't you look at Beyerdynamic Byron BTA. I bought one recently and am pretty impressed by it. It's got a really good freq range and low driver impedance. Should be a good one for casual use.
There's a discount running right now on headphonezone.in right now. It usually costs 14k but you can get it for 4k right now.

Please note, I'm not affiliated with them in any kind. I'm just a happy customer from my last two purchases.
Old 29th July 2019, 11:38   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Why don't you look at Beyerdynamic Byron BTA. I bought one recently and am pretty impressed by it. It's got a really good freq range and low driver impedance. Should be a good one for casual use.
There's a discount running right now on headphonezone.in right now. It usually costs 14k but you can get it for 4k right now.

Please note, I'm not affiliated with them in any kind. I'm just a happy customer from my last two purchases.
Thanks!

But, I was in a hurry and I bought a JBL T205BT in the meantime. Not very happy with either the sound quality or the fit though. But it will be sufficient as it is for casual listening.

Anyway Byron BTA would be outside my budget and it is in-ear canal.
Old 29th July 2019, 12:29   #447
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Bose service is amazing! Had a very old pair of wired OE2 headphones that had shed and the wire was torn. Gave it to them and the cups and wire were immediately replaced by the technician. No delays whatsoever. Got brand new plastic outer cups as an afterthought. Now it's brand new. Bose service in Bangalore is located on ResidencyRoad (In case you need).
Totally agree to Bose Service.

The seal of my Soundsport Wireless Pulse came off after a year of heavy use. I took it to them (same place what you referred to) and they replace the entire headphone by a new one as it was under warranty!

This was sometime back.
Old 31st August 2019, 12:12   #448
BHPian

Has anyone had any experience with Noise wireless earphones? The X1 Air seem quite well priced for what they offer, but I can't find any legit reviews. I've tried two budget wireless earphones, one by Ant Audio which was crap and one by Boat which was less crap. So I don't wanna get another one before reading some reviews.

Nu Republic recently launched their Jaxxbuds 2 earphones which also look quite good, but I'm not sure about the quality due to lack of reviews.
Old 14th September 2019, 23:31   #449
BANNED

Need a headset to wirelessly connect to my Sony Android TV. Budget less than 3,000/-. Help me guys.

TIA
Old 20th September 2019, 20:23   #450
Senior - BHPian

Recently bought Infinity JBL Glide 500 Wireless Headphones for Rs. 1500.

For the price range it falls under, I will say it is a brilliant value for money product. Recommended for anyone looking for a wireless over the ear headphones.

I have posted more details about my purchase on youtube that might help you to make a purchase decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks