Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2017, 09:42   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

My Sony MDR-10RNC had sponge issues. Got it replaced under warranty once but now after warranty it has started to come off again :(

Sony quoted Rs.4,500 for the pair.

Checked Aliexpress and ordered a pair for 900 bucks. Hope it's decent enough.

All my headphones seem to go through this though. Sens, Skulls and what not.
Old 19th September 2017, 12:49   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
So with the introduction out of the way, can somebody suggest me a decent studio reference headphones? Not very expensive please. Around 3K preferably and max should be 5K if the quality is exceptional. Sound quality and comfort are the asks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barathvajan View Post
Hi You can try the Audio Technica monitor series of Headphones.
It took quite a while and a Sennheiser HD202 as stop-gap...

Made an impulse buy of the Audio Technica MSR7 at Rs 12500 equivalent of AUD. Amazon.in sells at Rs 16299 (https://www.amazon.in/Audio-Technica...dp/B00OTADUJA/), and this had a 30% discount. I never had a budget of above 5K, but at AUD, $244 seemed quite measly. Well, until I brought out the calculator, but it was too late.

The famed M50X was also available at AUD250, but after listening to both, I felt that the MSR7 sounded much better. The best sounding headphone on display was the Sennheiser Momentum, but at twice the price.

My iPhone 5S seems to drive it quite well, and sounds no different from my laptop. Am away from home, so can't try out on the Onkyo. Anyway I am planning to invest on a LG V20 or V30 or the Quad G6.

Sounds glorious and I hesitate to put it down. On the downside, it reveals all the distortions in old songs (from youtube) and I'd have liked a bit more bass.

Last edited by civic-sense : 19th September 2017 at 12:52.
Old 23rd September 2017, 16:07   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Hi guys, check out a Video I made about new Sony Headphones I bought.
Any cracks issue so far with your headphones? I read this is infamous issue with 1000X headphones, hence holding my buying thoughts so far. Also how's the NC and sound quality?

Last edited by ampere : 23rd September 2017 at 16:16.
Old 24th September 2017, 12:34   #289
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Any cracks issue so far with your headphones? I read this is infamous issue with 1000X headphones, hence holding my buying thoughts so far. Also how's the NC and sound quality?
I have not faced any issue in the 2 months i have had this for. But I've checked online and there is a range of serial numbers that are affected and these will be replaced by Sony in case they break at that point. Unfortunately my unit falls in that range, so i hope if ever it breaks Sony would help.

SQ and NC is fantastic! It's the best in the business and if you can use a device that can use LDAC, then do. Btw, there is also a new version out abroad with longer battery and more features through the app. I haven't felt the need for a longer battery though. So try to get more deals before plonking for this one.
Old 25th September 2017, 00:08   #290
BHPian

A colleague of mine purchased Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless Headphone for $300 on his trip to the US and is extremely happy with the product.
It is a bluetooth enabled & noise cancelling headphone.

My query to learned members is that as a person who sweats profusely during my walks or cardio sessions, would it be advisable to purchase these headphones - they cost Rs 24,300 on Amazon India.
Or are there cheaper and comparable products that I should consider.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th September 2017, 08:57   #291
BANNED

Bought the Bose QC25 for 15k during Amazon sale .Just for the NC as it works without any wires .Now looking for someone to bring 1000XM2 from US now for the Bluetooth .
Old 28th September 2017, 06:48   #292
BANNED

I tried the Sony 1000X at a retail store and was disappointed with the feel , quality .So now have ordered a Bose QC 35 Series II from Germany .Someone is bringing along on 3rd October .At 33k approx it is nearly 30per expensive compared to US price .
Old 28th September 2017, 07:29   #293
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
A colleague of mine purchased Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless Headphone for $300 on his trip to the US and is extremely happy with the product.
It is a bluetooth enabled & noise cancelling headphone.

My query to learned members is that as a person who sweats profusely during my walks or cardio sessions, would it be advisable to purchase these headphones - they cost Rs 24,300 on Amazon India.
Or are there cheaper and comparable products that I should consider.

Thanks in advance.
These are not meant for workouts. Heck, you can't even wear them in most non ac rooms in our weather here. The sweat and humidity is a real problem.
But in a cool room, there's no such problem. And also since they are noise cancelling, you should not be wearing them outside with NC on for your own safety.
Old 28th September 2017, 11:05   #294
BHPian

Quote:
I have not faced any issue in the 2 months i have had this for. But I've checked online and there is a range of serial numbers that are affected and these will be replaced by Sony in case they break at that point. Unfortunately my unit falls in that range, so i hope if ever it breaks Sony would help.

SQ and NC is fantastic! It's the best in the business and if you can use a device that can use LDAC, then do. Btw, there is also a new version out abroad with longer battery and more features through the app. I haven't felt the need for a longer battery though. So try to get more deals before plonking for this one.
I also bought Sony 1000X from amazon recently. But I did not find any warranty card inside the box. Box was seal packed, and i expected at least blank warranty card in it. Did you also experience same?
Old 28th September 2017, 12:19   #295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
These are not meant for workouts. Heck, you can't even wear them in most non ac rooms in our weather here. The sweat and humidity is a real problem.
QC20/QC30 (The in ears can be used for work outs. They are good. Not strictly in ears but they nicely tuck in. Between them and Shure, I preferred the Bose thanks to their flat audio response (Shure was high on Bass). Have not tried Klipsch. Hence cant comment.

Found QC20 to be awesome. I have used them in all conditions. Though not strictly workouts per se. But I do regular long walks (7km or so) in all kinds of conditions with them all the time.

Last edited by ampere : 28th September 2017 at 12:21.
Old 28th September 2017, 17:28   #296
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I also bought Sony 1000X from amazon recently. But I did not find any warranty card inside the box. Box was seal packed, and i expected at least blank warranty card in it. Did you also experience same?
Yup, there is no warranty card with the box. I bought it from a Sony Center in Delhi and there is no warranty card. I suppose Sony only needs a proof of purchase for any warranty claims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
QC20/QC30 (The in ears can be used for work outs. They are good. Not strictly in ears but they nicely tuck in. Between them and Shure, I preferred the Bose thanks to their flat audio response (Shure was high on Bass). Have not tried Klipsch. Hence cant comment.

Found QC20 to be awesome. I have used them in all conditions. Though not strictly workouts per se. But I do regular long walks (7km or so) in all kinds of conditions with them all the time.
I'm sorry i was referring to the over year QC35 since he said headphones. The in ear should be fine for outdoor wear, but i think the big control box could be an issue for vigorous workouts.
Old 28th September 2017, 17:48   #297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm sorry i was referring to the over year QC35 since he said headphones. The in ear should be fine for outdoor wear, but i think the big control box could be an issue for vigorous workouts.
True the control box on the QC20 is a deterrent. But for me its fine, as I only walk. But when in the Gym it may not be worth it. The regular sound sport should be better.
Old 28th September 2017, 22:04   #298
BHPian

Quote:
@ agambhandari
Thank you for your response. As someone who sweats profusely, i guess i will stick to normal wired headphones for my walking & cardio workouts instead of spending a bit of money on this one.
Maybe pick it up for my leisure movie viewing when the opportunity arises.

Quote:
And also since they are noise cancelling, you should not be wearing them outside with NC on for your own safety.
Your second comment is scary but very true. I see utter morons crossing the roads with their headphones on oblivious to the traffic. Some smarter people even cross our local train tracks wearing headphones. A noise cancelling headphone would be a disaster waiting to happen in these circumstances.
Old 30th September 2017, 08:20   #299
BHPian

Sponges of my 3 year old beat studio titanium headphones started withering. Ordered a pair from Amazon for 900 rupees.Looks like it is not an exact match the new one doesn't stick on.
Search continues.
Old 8th November 2017, 21:43   #300
BANNED

The Headphones Thread

Amazon Germany delayed the order three times for Bose QC 35 II so had to cancel that .Pre ordered on Amazon India and receive same few days back .Battery last good but somehow the colour combination was far better in QC 25 than these all black QC 35 II .Hope will last for two years at least as heard battery is not replaceable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks