Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2016, 10:08   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

My father wants a headphone/ear-plugs for his morning walk. Any suggestions for the same? He is interested in using FM radio on his phone while on his walk. The requirement is for the headphones to not slip off or pop out every now and then while exercising. The usual ear phones are a strict no. He prefers something either of over the ear variety or around the ear ones which would not slip off. I bought him a pair of Sony MDR-AS200 but he finds them very uncomfortable and they hurt his ear. Please suggest some options.
Old 23rd October 2016, 10:49   #227
BHPian

Guys I am looking for a good pair of in-ears which will be used for my workouts. My requirements are as follows, please feel free to add any suggestions.

1) Sweat proof.
*Very important as my skullcandy smokin' buds mic got damaged this way.
2) Good built quality and tangle free cables.
*I carry my earphones wherever I go and because I'm used to the ones on skullcandy, standards are high.
3) Good fit in the ears and shouldn't fall off. They should not cause any pain in the ears. I also use them while riding with helmet.
4) Since I use skullcandy, you already know that I'm not an audiophile. :lol
I need good bass response and they should be loud. I listen to hip hop, EDM and rap.
5) Bluetooth would be a lot to ask considering my budget isn't that high.
6) Finally the budget.
Not more than 3k.
I know I know my requirements are very high for my budget. Cheap thrills.

Thank you.
Issac Abraham.
Old 23rd October 2016, 11:12   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
My father wants a headphone/ear-plugs for his morning walk. Any suggestions for the same? He is interested in using FM radio on his phone while on his walk. The requirement is for the headphones to not slip off or pop out every now and then while exercising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Guys I am looking for a good pair of in-ears which will be used for my workouts. My requirements are as follows, please feel free to add any suggestions.
Both your requirements are quite similar, and I think can be fulfilled by Soundpeats QY7 (1600 INR) or Soundpeats Q9A(2000 INR). They are bluetooth earphones, good comfort and good sound quality output too.

Another option, in wired is Brainwavz XFIT XF-200. Brilliant sound quality, and great fit (I personally use it).

Below is review of Soundpeats QY7
Old 23rd October 2016, 11:49   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Both your requirements are quite similar, and I think can be fulfilled by Soundpeats QY7 (1600 INR) or Soundpeats Q9A(2000 INR). They are bluetooth earphones, good comfort and good sound quality output too.
Thank you for your quick response.
The brainwavz you suggested are really good and the reviews are nice too, but they are not sweat proof but I would still consider it. However, Soundpeats have pathetic reviews on Amazon, long term ones. So I am ruling them out.
I am also considering the brainwavz BLU-200 and skullcandy Method.

Last edited by ampere : 25th November 2016 at 19:31. Reason: Removed video link
Old 13th November 2016, 05:42   #230
BHPian

Writing since I just broke my 1st pair of mdr xb450's and the sound has stopped in the left side of the headphones. Overall these are 4th or 5th pair in the xb range which I've been buying as soon as the previous one broke. This one only lasted 6 months give or take. Had the same issue on one of my 400's last year or a year before that when the left unit just stopped working.

Now I maintain a strict 2500 budget usually for headphones (went for 4-5 grand ones couple times to see the difference but didn't find much). But what are the options now? Since I'm more of an audiophile I don't wish to continue with xb range unless forced due to no options in the range.

Are there better headphones out there than these? I use them in the metro and my bed mostly. Prefer on ear if they pads are big but over the ears are fine as well. Online shopping isn't an option atm so hopefully stuff that is available with dealers in delhi. Budget can stretch 500 more if they are actually worth it

Please do quote if you reply.

Last edited by Swarit19 : 13th November 2016 at 05:54.
Old 25th November 2016, 19:23   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarit19 View Post

Are there better headphones out there than these?
You would need a closed back headphones for usage on Metro.
You can give the Samson SR950 a try. These are studio monitoring headphones and give a pretty flat frequency response curve, which you can tune as per your liking with an equalizer.

Samson SR850 is another model, but these are semi-open and will not give you noise isolation in the Metro.

The SR950 is available around INR 3500. I had purchased it during a sale period for INR 2650.

I use this along with FiiO A1 portable amplifier and they sound pretty good.

If you are a basshead, you can use the inbuilt equalizer of the FiiO A1 or install the Noozoxide EIZO- rewire E app from Play Store to simulate the warmth of a larger speaker.
Old 25th November 2016, 19:27   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
My father wants a headphone/ear-plugs for his morning walk. Any suggestions for the same? He is interested in using FM radio on his phone while on his walk. The requirement is for the headphones to not slip off or pop out every now and then while exercising. The usual ear phones are a strict no. He prefers something either of over the ear variety or around the ear ones which would not slip off. I bought him a pair of Sony MDR-AS200 but he finds them very uncomfortable and they hurt his ear. Please suggest some options.
I would recommend Philips SHB7250 Bluetooth headset for your dad.
These are over the ear type and come with a leather-type foam which is sweat-resistance to some extent.
The headphones are pretty light and comfortable to use for longer times. They can also used in wired-mode, if preferred.

The noise isolation is not very good, which is a boon for walking as it will not totally block traffic and horn sounds.

Retails around INR 3150 in Amazon.
Old 11th January 2017, 11:31   #233
BHPian

My Klipsch Image S4A stopped working. The wiring seems to have come off for the right ear bud after usage in helmet. (Frail and Flimsy wires they have).

Ended up purchasing the Shure SE215.

The quirk factor with the transparent casing is something.

The wires in these at least appear to be far more durable than my earlier Sennheiser CX and MX 685s (Had both, lost one and damaged the other) and Klipsch Image S4.

Clumsy to use because of those huge earbuds and unique position they have to be used at.

The Noise isolation is beyond brilliant for this budget and i feel better than even the Bose QC series in ears.

I am personally not happy with the sound quality. It is Bassy for sure, but i feel the clarity of my Klipsch far exceeds this one. I am now worried if i made the wrong choice because of this reason.
Old 27th January 2017, 17:32   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post

I am personally not happy with the sound quality. It is Bassy for sure, but i feel the clarity of my Klipsch far exceeds this one. I am now worried if i made the wrong choice because of this reason.
I would suggest you to sell them off right away. Check out the website - headphonezone.
Klipsch S4s were my first expensive IEM set. Considering you used to like them, check out Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 IEMs. For the price they sound very good. Amazon usually has good offers on them. If you are willing to go near 10k, check out the RHA MA750s. They sound really really good.

Let me know if you need more details or feedback.
Old 31st January 2017, 11:03   #235
Senior - BHPian

I travel a lot and so headphones are an integral part of my kit. My issue is that the covering of the headphone sponge starts to peel off over time. I have gone through Skullcandys, Sennheisers, Philips, Sonys et all and they all have this issue.

I can't deal with earphones. Don't like the sound and besides one of them keeps falling off :P

Is this a common issue with headphones?
Old 31st January 2017, 12:53   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I travel a lot and so headphones are an integral part of my kit. My issue is that the covering of the headphone sponge starts to peel off over time. I have gone through Skullcandys, Sennheisers, Philips, Sonys et all and they all have this issue.

I can't deal with earphones. Don't like the sound and besides one of them keeps falling off :P

Is this a common issue with headphones?
Get a headphone with replaceable ear pads. Do you like around the ears or on ear? Around the ears should last a little longer.
Old 31st January 2017, 12:54   #237
Senior - BHPian

Around the ears. Shall look for ones which have replaceable pads. Didn't know there were models available like that
Old 31st January 2017, 16:54   #238
BHPian

Sennheiser 175 - bought this pair as I was keen to have cordless headphones for gaming, music and sometimes the tv shows too.

I have Panasonic LED which I bought 3 years ago.

The blunder that I made was not to check if my TV had an AUX out port, it doesnt have one. I have my LED fixed on the wall and somehow the only way that I can connect is by way of AUX out - RCA ports.

Need a massive help so I can put these cordless headphones to use, else they will be just lying redundant at home.

Do suggest a good shop / brand in Mumbai where I can source the best accessory (offline or online)
Old 1st February 2017, 08:23   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Around the ears. Shall look for ones which have replaceable pads. Didn't know there were models available like that
You will find replaceable pads all over online Like this one...

If you still have your headphones lying around you could pickup the replacements. In the old Kingfisher Airline days I even used to swap those earpads with my Sennheiser headphone pads.
Old 19th February 2017, 13:47   #240
BHPian

Hi

I have an Audio Technica M20X bought 2 years back and I am impressed with their sound quality in Laptop. As for using with smartphones, I have the following problems (i travel a lot and music is my only hobby)

1. They sound much low and flat due to 32 ohms impedance. So I ended up buying FIIO E5 amp (which by the way pushed my headphones to give their best, one of the best decisions I made). The 3.5mm aux connection is now loose and I have to keep it held in one particular position to keep it working. I could not find small length (< 6 cm) good quality aux cable to replace it.
2. The headphones are bulky to take in on daily travel
3. The cable is fixed and has 3 m length and handling the length is difficult while traveling (also, that explains the need for a small length Aux cable replacement).
4. I need to charge my AMP every week to take me through the weekdays.
4. Chennai is hot and my ears sweat while listening to music for more than 1 hr.

Considering the above, I decided to go for IEM for my daily use

My preferences are
1. Neutral sounding (M20X spoiled me, tried few sony XB headphones and felt that they are too bassy and lack the clear detailed sound)
2. Should be very good for music
3. Should produce a detailed sound stage
4. The construction should be rugged and should withstand decent abuse.
5. Easy to drive from smart phone

Considering the above, I googled and decides on following
1. RHA S500i - 4K
2. MEE M6 pro - 4K
3. 1more triple driver - 6.5K
4. V-moda forza - 8K
5. Shure SE215 - 6.9K

Havent been able to audition any of those. Would love to try though.
Can you people suggest something?
I was inclined towards 1more, but again worried that it has 32 ohms impedance and I would end up using the FIIO again.
Your inputs please

Thanks
Barath

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks