Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:35   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: The Headphones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
I have seen a lot of models in many stores (big/small) in Bangalore but I'm very confused. I haven't found any store that lets me listen to them (other than Bose, which is out of my budget).
I have been allowed to try out headphones at Mobile store and Pai. The Apple store @ Forum Mall also has many trial pieces which you may try. Haven't been to the new JBL showroom @ Forum but I suppose they will also let you try their headphones.
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:51   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
I bought a HD 202 recently for occasional laptop movie watching.
My views:
1. Leatherette is pretty comfy for my ears. Decent blocking of outside noise. However, could've been a bit deeper - ears could still touch the cloth.
2. Very very responsive to the equalizer. Sweet mids.
3. The bass is strictly adequate. Maybe the 437s are better here?
Even I use HD-202 and I totally agree to first 2 points.
3rd point is true depending on the type of source, I mean sound card incase of PC/Laptop. For eg. Lil wayne's 'lollipop' & Wale's 'The Guilty Pleasure' sounds much better w.r.t base on 'Dell Optiplex 755' then my older PC and Laptop. Ofcourse I'm using 'Foobar' media player
Old 23rd December 2010, 13:37   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I have been allowed to try out headphones at Mobile store and Pai. The Apple store @ Forum Mall also has many trial pieces which you may try. Haven't been to the new JBL showroom @ Forum but I suppose they will also let you try their headphones.
Thanks for the info Jaguar, I'll revisit the stores again.

Any recommendation on what models are worth buying based on the criteria mentioned?

I'm not sure if JBL ones are sturdy and I say this only because I read on this very thread (a few comments before mine) that someone has broken theirs fairly easily. Besides the colors in the ROXY series are lil too wacky for me
Old 23rd December 2010, 23:04   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Thanks for the info Jaguar, I'll revisit the stores again.

Any recommendation on what models are worth buying based on the criteria mentioned?
Just this evening saw Skullcandy headphones on demo at Madivala Total Mall.

You might also try out the Sennheiser showroom on Cunningham Road, opposite to Fortis Hospital. I regularly use three pairs of Senns, HD202, HD448 and RS130; for portable players like you want to use, the 448's might prove a good mix without amplifier though bass is slightly lacking, good clarity in the price range of 4-5K in my opinion.
Old 24th December 2010, 14:54   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
Just this evening saw Skullcandy headphones on demo at Madivala Total Mall.
I regularly use three pairs of Senns, HD202, HD448 and RS130
Since you already have HD202 and seems like exploring more can you please suggest a full size headphones under 2k, better then HD202?

Thanks.
Old 25th December 2010, 12:36   #96
BHPian

Sorry HammerHead, have not tried to compare much with other headphones.
If you are looking at the 202, go for it, I have this pair since 6 years now for regular office use, still going strong and you will find that a used pair sounds better than the just out of box pair of same model.
Old 25th December 2010, 17:54   #97
Senior - BHPian

I gifted my dad Bose Quiet Comfort last week. He always wanted one since he heard them from a colleague but never had the heart to shell out 16K - 17K for a pair of headphones. He asked me to get it from here, but I said it'll make a difference of around 1.5 K, so go ahead and take it from India itself. It retails for 349$ in the USA.
He walked in Forum Mall and got himself a pair. He is happy about it.
Old 25th December 2010, 20:12   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
Sorry HammerHead, have not tried to compare much with other headphones.
If you are looking at the 202, go for it, I have this pair since 6 years now for regular office use, still going strong and you will find that a used pair sounds better than the just out of box pair of same model.
Hey no probs. I already have HD202 and I'm happy with the performance so far. Just wanted to know if there are any better headphones between price range say 1.5k to 2k. Here in Pune no electronics mall allow you to listen one before buying

Last edited by HammerHead : 25th December 2010 at 20:13.
Old 27th December 2010, 15:05   #99
BHPian

@prince_p
Good gift for your father, he'd be happy and so would you, nice.

@hammerhead
Didn't know you were already using one of those :-) good headphones for the price. one thing is sure, good speakers need good input as well, with our common mostly mp3 kind of collections, the higher end phones might sound worse than cheaper ones actually.
Old 28th December 2010, 22:27   #100
BHPian

i got a sennheiser mm550 recently - excellent noise canceling headset with bluetooth for taking calls. Have used it extensively on long flights and I must say its a really great headset!
Sennheiser Worldwide - MM 550 Travel

Also got the sennheiser mm100 for my sis and - she uses it for workouts as well bluetooth calls and so far she is happy with this headset :-)
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...e_music_504111
Old 29th December 2010, 20:04   #101
BHPian

Bought the Sennheiser HD 202 yesterday for Rs 1590/-, don't know if that is a good price, but that's what I paid. Regarding the sound quality, it's not bad, but I think the Bass is boosted a bit, which is not soo much to my taste, I like a balanced sound. Not bad though, all in all OK.
Old 4th March 2011, 07:44   #102
Senior - BHPian

need to decide between sennheiser pc 151(around 50$) and koss sb49 (around 30$). I am not an audiophile, but will use this to listen to audio books, use for call/chats, and prefer noise cancelling while travelling.

any thoughts? any other brands i can look at?
Old 4th March 2011, 12:05   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Bought the Sennheiser HD 202 yesterday for Rs 1590/-, don't know if that is a good price, but that's what I paid. Regarding the sound quality, it's not bad, but I think the Bass is boosted a bit, which is not soo much to my taste, I like a balanced sound. Not bad though, all in all OK.
You brought back the Nostalgia from 2006. They are one of the best headphones out there. The bass is sick too. I had got em' for $95 CAD back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
need to decide between sennheiser pc 151(around 50$) and koss sb49 (around 30$). I am not an audiophile, but will use this to listen to audio books, use for call/chats, and prefer noise cancelling while travelling.

any thoughts? any other brands i can look at?
Save money and go for Koss.
Old 4th March 2011, 19:34   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
You brought back the Nostalgia from 2006. They are one of the best headphones out there. The bass is sick too. I had got em' for $95 CAD back then.

Save money and go for Koss.
This one shows impedance 100 ohms. I am reading online that 40+ohms should work with mobiles.

anybody aware of any issues with using larger size headsets with mobiles?
Old 11th May 2011, 15:53   #105
Senior - BHPian

Bought a Sennheiser HD438 a few days back. The clarity is exceptional and i love the bass. Upgraded from the stock apple ear-phones and the difference is easily noticeable. Super happy with my purchase

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks