Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 13:06   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
hd 437 have open cloth-covered earpads so i doubt it will block outside noise as much as hd 202 which has enclosed leatherette covered padding. in that case won't 202 sound more bassy than 437? reviews on net suggest both are equal in terms of sound.

how is hd 415? any view?

lemme know what you think.

also i will have to skip jbl 420 as with shipping it will be $40 which is over my budget by 10 dollars.
Hi Chevelle, I bought a HD 202 recently for occasional laptop movie watching.
My views:
1. Leatherette is pretty comfy for my ears. Decent blocking of outside noise. However, could've been a bit deeper - ears could still touch the cloth.
2. Very very responsive to the equalizer. Sweet mids.
3. The bass is strictly adequate. Maybe the 437s are better here?
Old 19th October 2009, 16:41   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Hi Chevelle, I bought a HD 202 recently for occasional laptop movie watching.
My views:
1. Leatherette is pretty comfy for my ears. Decent blocking of outside noise. However, could've been a bit deeper - ears could still touch the cloth.
2. Very very responsive to the equalizer. Sweet mids.
3. The bass is strictly adequate. Maybe the 437s are better here?
Thanks for your views

I bought a JVC headphones from a local store. works good for me. ample bass and good treble.

also the ear-pads cover my ears so its pretty comfy for long time viewing. its blocks decent amount of noise but i won't consider it a noise-isolating or noise canceling headphone.

worth the 15 bucks i paid for
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:53   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
its blocks decent amount of noise but i won't consider it a noise-isolating or noise canceling headphone.
Well in that department nothing beats my Bose QC2s. Comfortable, good sound, great noise cancellation. My only gripes: battery runs out fast and you have to use the noise cancellation - no sound when turned off.
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:00   #79
BHPian

Hi,
You should go for the ATH-M50s.
Old 27th October 2009, 13:48   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Well in that department nothing beats my Bose QC2s. Comfortable, good sound, great noise cancellation. My only gripes: battery runs out fast and you have to use the noise cancellation - no sound when turned off.
the senns work with and without noise cancelation enabled
also one battery instead of two

highly recommended
Old 27th October 2009, 17:50   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Tried Sennheiser but same issue with the volume. The 2.1 channel creative speakers sound very good, so no issue with sound card. No doubt the clarity is good but i could defnitely do with more output.
You need a headphone amplifier. Usually they take line-level signals, but still confirm before you buy one.
Old 28th October 2009, 12:10   #82
BHPian

I need to buy myself new earphones. I did check a few brands, read the reviews but a little confused. Currently I have Creative, don't know the model.
Need to upgrade to something better.

I listen to rock, house music and hip hop. Can someone who has had first hand experience on any of the brands below help me choose the best earphones for my requirement and budget.

Image S4i In-Ear Headset with Mic and 3-Button Remote Headphones - iPhone Headset, iPhone Headphones - Free Shipping - 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee - Overview

AudoWorld PFE Shopping Cart

Monster® Turbine™ High Performance In-Ear Speakers™

Ultimate Ears SuperFi 4 Description - Store - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

Shure SE210-K Black Earphones

This can also be the option.

Bose Around-Ear Headphones –Audio Headphones - Bose Headsets and Headphones

Last edited by swift8847 : 28th October 2009 at 12:24.
Old 28th October 2009, 15:07   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post
I need to buy myself new earphones.
I've been using the Shure SE 210s for few months now.. They sound nice and balanced. I dont face any issues with extended periods of listening.

You may not get that extra thump in the bass if you are looking for that.

Not used any of the other options you mentioned but I love the SE 210s.

Last edited by topedgemonk : 28th October 2009 at 15:09.
Old 28th October 2009, 21:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

Out of those four listed earphones, the ultimate ears is the best by a mile. However it'll need amp'ing.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:25   #85
BHPian

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this. Excuse me if I'm posting in an inappropriate thread.

A couple of days ago, my friend took a new JBL Headset (Model No. Reference 410). The headset was too delicate but the reviews on the web forced him to buy it. While he was enjoying music in his new headset, he accidentally broke the right swiveling speaker and he broke down on the same day. He now wants a replacement of his headset as it costs him a bomb to buy another one of the same kind. Is it possible to have his headset replaced/repaired? The broken part is a piece of plastic and can't be fixed (as far as I know), as that is the part on which the right side speaker is pivoted. The music can be heard on both the speakers with the same exploding effects.
Awaiting a quick response ...
Old 26th February 2010, 12:49   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinesataris View Post
I don't know if this is the right thread to post this. Excuse me if I'm posting in an inappropriate thread.

A couple of days ago, my friend took a new JBL Headset (Model No. Reference 410). The headset was too delicate but the reviews on the web forced him to buy it. While he was enjoying music in his new headset, he accidentally broke the right swiveling speaker and he broke down on the same day. He now wants a replacement of his headset as it costs him a bomb to buy another one of the same kind. Is it possible to have his headset replaced/repaired? The broken part is a piece of plastic and can't be fixed (as far as I know), as that is the part on which the right side speaker is pivoted. The music can be heard on both the speakers with the same exploding effects.
Awaiting a quick response ...
I photo will help us to say anything
Old 26th February 2010, 13:17   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinesataris View Post
A couple of days ago, my friend took a new JBL Headset (Model No. Reference 410)....
1. Where did he buy this from? Does he have the bill?
2. JBL India has an excellent product back up and I am sure either the dealer (if it is an authorised dealer) or the company (you can google JBL India) will help him. JBL India is HQed in Mumbai.
Old 26th February 2010, 18:49   #88
BHPian

Out of this list, I will go for nothing. They are all very nice, but there are better Value for Money Products.

1. Denon AHC551K
Amazon.com: Denon AH-C551K In-Ear Headphone: Electronics

2. Denon AH-C452K
Amazon.com: Denon AH-C452K In-Ear Hybrid Headphone: Electronics

3. Altec Lansing - inMotion iM716 Headphones
Amazon.com: Altec Lansing inMotion iM716 Headphones: Electronics

4. Altec Lansing - UHP336 Snugfit Earphone (This is a rebranded Ultimate Ears SuperFi 3 earplugs).
Amazon.com: Altec Lansing UHP336 Snugfit In-ear Earphone: Electronics

I have used Ultimate Ears SuperFi-3, and found it a good product. However it lacks bass and you would want more for the kind of music you are listening to. So if you must want UE, I will say go for the AL UHP-336 which is UE SuperFi 3 rebranded by AL.

Altec Lancing was closely working with Ultimate Ears and borrowed a lot of their technology and improved on that as well. So their products are as good as anything else.

As for Denon, I have read their review all over the net and find them really good. And best part of the deal is that both of these brands will cost you much lesser than one of the front liners and still give you a better quality output. I am going to buy one of these soon (probably Denon 551) & I'm upgrading from UE S3. (BTW, SuperFi 4 is not that highly rated anywhere).

Take your pick and let us know.

Last edited by given2fly : 26th February 2010 at 18:50.
Old 11th March 2010, 23:03   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Alessandro MS-1.. 99$ shipped worldwide. Kills the HD555 in everything but classical.

Alessandro High-End Products: Music Series Headphones
Thanks roc! I got the headphones last week using this link. They use USPS for air parcel service and its really quick and customs-free.

So, i now have the following (all running off the laptop headphone jack for movie watching/songs)

1. Senn HD 202 - highs not very clear, pleasant mids, good bass. Not very detailed.

2. Senn PMX 60 - very strong mid range, slightly bright treble, light weight and easy to carry. The bass is weaker than HD 202. However, can go really loud without distortion. I got this for a steal - pure VFM at this price!

Sennheiser : Send Sennheiser online at India's best Electronics store.

3. MS-1s - oustandingly sweet mids/highs. The bass is not as strong as I want it to be, perhaps there is a run-in period. Sounds very subtle and classy, whatever be the volume. Beautiful stuff!
Old 22nd December 2010, 14:59   #90
BHPian

re: The Headphones Thread

Hello Friends,

I hope its alright to revive this old-thread?!?!

I am looking to buy Headphones (not earphones) for personal use. Budget is max 3k (stretch to 5k, if 3k can buy nothing good).

I am not looking for Active Noise Cancellation ones as I do not want to carry batteries for it. It will be used with a Sony E-series Walkman and/or Watching movies (on laptop/desktop). I listen to all kinds of Hindi, English music and don't have a favorite genre.

I would like to have Good Clarity, Good Bass and decent noise Isolation (cancellation is not mandatory). It should also be easy to carry, if possible. I know the large Circumaural ones are generally not very portable but still if there are any models/makes that fit the bill, I'd like to consider them.

And lastly it should be available in Bangalore or anywhere in online.

I have seen a lot of models in many stores (big/small) in Bangalore but I'm very confused. I haven't found any store that lets me listen to them (other than Bose, which is out of my budget).

Please help me guys, I've been scratching my head for months on this.

Last edited by Zenster : 22nd December 2010 at 15:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks