Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2016, 14:24   #211
BHPian

Hi as suggested try the audio technica. They are really good. I have the m20x and they are really awesome with laptops
However with mobiles the sound dull and weak. So if you are looking to use them with mobiles I do not recommend it
Old 14th March 2016, 12:54   #212
BHPian

re: The Headphones Thread

Thanks for the update.

I wonder how many of these are available in India and most importantly I am looking for neat 'cordless headphones' designed for TV.

It will be great if we can list down the top 5 which are recommended taking into account Noise Cancellation, Build Quality and Hassle free ownership.
Old 10th May 2016, 04:50   #213
BHPian

re: The Headphones Thread

I picked up an inexpensive headphone after going through the the review here:

http://www.cnet.com/news/monoprices-...-audiophiliac/

I am very happy with the sound quality at this price. Bass is very good and fitting is comfortable. Outside sound is effectively blocked. The packaging was a simple plain box and the looks of the headphones are nothing to speak about. But as a value for money product, I am highly satisfied.

Himanshu
Old 28th May 2016, 21:02   #214
BHPian

The new Xiaomi MI In-ear pro headphones with Hybrid Dual Drivers

I have been in the lookout for a decent pair of In-ear headphones with inbuilt microphones.

The following are the current set of headphones I use on a regular basis:
- Creative EP630 - My first in-ear headphones; Basic sound quality and heavy on bass. I hardly use it nowadays
- Dell BH200 - Bluetooth headset that I use in the gym. Frees my from the tangle of wires and gives decent quality sound.
- Sennheiser HD205 - Love the soundstage in this one - though a bit low on bass. Extended use makes the ears pain though due to the tight fit over the ears.

To keep it short, my search for a new pair of in-ear headphones lasted for 2 months and various options were considered.

Finally I shortlisted the new Xiaomi MI In-ear pro headset as it had dual drivers for bass and treble. Also the reviews were pretty good. Only problem was that it was not available in India from trusted sellers/websites and I don't want to rely on aliexpress on this one as there were a lot of fakes going around.

Luckily Xiaomi launched it on their website and I placed the order immediately.
http://www.mi.com/in/headphonespro/

The headphones were delivered today and I would say that I am totally impressed by the solid construction and the excellent sound quality that it offers. The headphones have stainless steel casing and the quality of the cables are excellent. Mi claims that Grammy award winner Luca Bignardi was involved in the tuning of the headphones. Surprisingly, they don't have any MI branding at all .

The following were a few tracks that I used for testing and the headphones took the experience to a different level. All tracks below were 48 KHz, 320 kbps versions.
- Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
- Riders on the Storm by The Doors
- Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley (The vocals came alive on this one)
- Revival by A.R.Rahman from Vande Mataram (This one gave me goosebumps)
- Dacoit Duel by A.R.Rahman from Warriors of Heaven and Earth (The hybrid drivers in full action!!)
- Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits

The headphones make the entire spectrum come alive and makes you appreciate the intricacies of music production.

The headphones are bit bass heavy and instead of relying on equalizers, I just switched the default ear buds to one size lower and the sound is perfectly fine for my taste.

I would definitely recommend this pair to anyone who is on lookout for an decent pair of in-ear headphones.

A few images from various sources:

A brief on the driver construction:

Last edited by GTO : 30th May 2016 at 13:02. Reason: Please upload pics via the attachment system only
Old 28th May 2016, 21:57   #215
Senior - BHPian

Re: The new Xiaomi MI In-ear pro headphones with Hybrid Dual Drivers

Thanks for sharing. I have been eyeing these Mi's for a while to replace the stock iphone 6 ear phones. Was a little hesitant to pick it up. Anything that Mi makes seems absolute bang for the buck.
Old 28th May 2016, 22:35   #216
BHPian

I have been abusing these for the last 2 months. They have been working really well despite being stepped on, frequent listening to sleep and occasional water splash and many pocket pulls. Well recommended.
Old 29th May 2016, 00:46   #217
BHPian

Just now ordered the mi in-ear pro headset after reading the stellar feedback in this thread. Now eagerly waiting for it to arrive.
Old 29th May 2016, 09:27   #218
BHPian

Thanks for this review. I have just ordered myself one.

On a side note, heavy usage of ear phones can bring in a lot of medical troubles such as Tinnitus, etc. So please keep your ear phones usage to possible minimum.
Old 30th May 2016, 10:51   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone used these headphones while wearing a riding helmet? My friend was looking for a pair of riding headphones and is very much interested in this. He was wondering if these headphones will foul with the helmet as they seem tall and will jut out of the ears significantly. Can anyone shed some light?
Old 30th May 2016, 11:22   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone used these headphones while wearing a riding helmet? My friend was looking for a pair of riding headphones and is very much interested in this.
Why would you need anything that will be nothing but distraction while riding. I personally hate to have any distractions while riding. Having headphones is the worst of all even if i am going to be riding long distance in a relatively traffic less road.

Even if you are a safe rider, there are enough half bakeds everywhere to make sure your momentary lapse of concentration can cause major accidents.

The only thing i can recommend is a helmet that comes with Blue tooth kit and is more like designed to accept BT connections. Even there it must be used as one of situation calling. Avoid anything that will not only make it uncomfortable to wear but also a nuisance to others where you can barely hear even an ambulance behind you.
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:29   #221
BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

^^Just sampled these Mi IEMs from a colleague.

Sound reproduction seemed pretty ordinary, nothing special or even remotely impressive.

Sounded exactly like the Creative Ep630's of yore. All you get is heavy overpowering bass, very little in way of clarity.

It could be that as they are pretty new, just a few days old, they sound like that. So perhaps with some good burn-in, they will get better.

One thing which is pretty good, is the build quality. However, the volume controls didn't work on my iPhone 6 plus. Only the play/pause button worked. For now, I'm sticking with my Apple earpods. I'll reserve further judgement until I review them after some time.

I've educated my colleague, who is a total n00b, about quality audio setup and he seemed pretty enthusiastic when I said that earphones tend to sound better after the burn-in period . More on this in some days.
Old 2nd June 2016, 21:00   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
... ... ... when I said that earphones tend to sound better after the burn-in period . More on this in some days.
It's your brain that burns in, not the gear.

And with stuff that actually doesn't sound so good, the burn-in period is a few days longer than the return window!

With headphones, they can sound so different that it really takes a while to get used to their sound. Takes a while to know if one even likes them. I was, at first, quite confused by my HD600.
Old 6th June 2016, 18:30   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
^^Just sampled these Mi IEMs from a colleague.

Sound reproduction seemed pretty ordinary, nothing special or even remotely impressive.

Sounded exactly like the Creative Ep630's of yore. All you get is heavy overpowering bass, very little in way of clarity.
Overpowering bass can be overcome by switching to ear buds that are one size lesser than the default one.

I did a back to back comparison of Mi IEM, Creative EP630 and Sennheiser HD205. EP630 is downright ordinary, while the Mi IEM is even better than the Sennheiser HD205.

You can check an HD quality track from this link, which sounds pretty amazing on the Mi IEM.
David Elias - Vision of her
Old 29th June 2016, 19:43   #224
Senior - BHPian

Hey everyone,

So I just got my new V-MODA XS headphones to replace my Klipsch S2 headphones. The V-MODAs are fantastic when it comes to natural sound and pretty stylish as you can customize them with engravings on the headphones. I decided to get my initials done on them.
Attached Thumbnails
The Headphones Thread-vmoda-box.jpg  

The Headphones Thread-vmoda-case.jpg  

The Headphones Thread-vmoda-open-case.jpg  

The Headphones Thread-vmoda-headphones.jpg  

The Headphones Thread-vmoda-package.jpg  

Old 13th September 2016, 13:56   #225
BHPian

Read excellent reviews about Samson SR950 studio monitoring headphone.
The open back version of this is the Samson SR850.

These are available in the INR 2500 range and would be a budget-friendly option for budding audiophiles!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks