Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2017, 01:06   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD800 on loan.

I want, I want, I want!. But at nearly one lakh... can't have.
Old 9th November 2017, 08:50   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD800 on loan.

I want, I want, I want!. But at nearly one lakh... can't have.
I have the Sennheiser HD650 so I can only imagine what the HD800s sound like. Aural nirvana to be sure!

I've stayed far away from auditioning this pair of cans coz it will surely ignite the 'must have' syndrome. And these headphones are like 'unobtainium' for me at this point in time. Yeah, heck, I'd even give up a year (or two) of mobile phone handset upgrades for the HD800.
Old 15th November 2017, 15:49   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Made an impulse buy of the Audio Technica MSR7 at Rs 12500 equivalent of AUD.
My AT gets a case. Bought from Headphonezone.com for Rs 1700.
The Headphones Thread-img20171115wa0001.jpg
Actually, this is more of a review of Headphonezone. The case that was sent was different from what was shown in pics. Maybe the one in the listing went out of stock, so they sent me another one that they had. This one is inferior to the original one - misses memory foam interiors, minicase for storing cables, waterproofing etc.

They did offer the option of a return, but it still is wrong on their part to send something inferior.
Old 15th November 2017, 17:59   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, it is wrong.

I was quite excited when they started here, that we would have our own headphone stores where we could listen before buying... They have a couple of stores, but, I don't think it is like Singapore where one is welcome to audition a multi-lakh 'phone!

Their price for HD800 is good (but still I can't afford)... What if they sent an HD 700 instead!

Old 16th November 2017, 17:39   #305
BHPian

I own a Bose QC25 which I bought mostly because of my frequent travel. It's one of the most under-rated pleasures of my life not to mention a fantastic investment.
However, the earcups are really ragged these days with the fabric coming off. I need to replace but I couldn't find them in any Bose store I went to. Amazon shows a lot of options but don't know which one is suitable.
Any suggestions?
Old 16th November 2017, 18:35   #306
BHPian

Quote:
I was quite excited when they started here, that we would have our own headphone stores where we could listen before buying... They have a couple of stores, but, I don't think it is like Singapore where one is welcome to audition a multi-lakh 'phone!
When will India get a similar store?
The Headphones Thread-720775.jpg

Even JB-HIFI in Melbourne had hardly 10 headphones to try on. Luckily they had 2 ATs to try.
Old 16th November 2017, 19:24   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not holding my breath!

I can recognise Japanese language. That looks a hundred times the size of the couple of decent headphone stores I've visited in Singapore!
Old 16th November 2017, 19:33   #308
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not holding my breath!

I can recognise Japanese language. That looks a hundred times the size of the couple of decent headphone stores I've visited in Singapore!
That is a BIC Camera store pic I took from the internet. The store in Yokohama from where I bought a Pioneer in 2008 had 3 such rows of headphones (all playing the same song - Nirvana unplugged IIRC).
Old 17th November 2017, 01:55   #309
Senior - BHPian

This thread caught my eye after splurging on my first pair of expensive headphones. Was looking at good headphones for the gym and this made the search interesting. Also for a change i wanted to stick to the best or a known brand and thats why i went with Bose Soundsport wired earphones. These are good and sound is decent for the gym. No noise cancelling or anything of that sort. Had to get ear tips which fit my ears right.

Stayed away from bluetooth to prevent the need for charge and also ability to use these on airplanes.

My brother has the Jaybirds. Good piece but its already not starting up. Support for them is bad too.

Maddy
Old 28th November 2017, 17:47   #310
BHPian

I am looking for a single/mono wired earphone, with a microphone. This will be used while on the move (not driving) and short con-calls while at home. Good quality preferred, willing to spend reasonable amount. Please let me know if you know of any. Can order on ebay/aliexpress if required.
Old 28th November 2017, 19:43   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reminds me of Mustafa Centre, Singapore where for the first time I saw piles and piles of great quality branded products at fantastic prices. It was heaven! Even expensive stuff could be auditioned there. The headphone zone was similar to your pic and I sure did pick up a few.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th November 2017 at 20:57. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 28th November 2017, 20:39   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Reminds me of Mustafa Centre, Singapore where for the first time I saw piles and piles of great quality branded products at fantastic prices. It was heaven! Even expensive stuff could be auditioned there. The headphone zone was similar to your pic and I sure did pick up a few.
Coincidentally my first headphone purchase, if you could excuse the indigenous "Coney" headphone, was from Mustafa.

Singapore is a nicer place to be shopping for gadgets.

Quote:
More than decade ago a salesman at Mustafa, Singapore talked me into buying a Philips "studio reference" headphones. I was surprised how good it sounded...
Old 28th November 2017, 22:01   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Singapore! There is a whole mall mostly devoted to hifi. Well, it's Singapore, of course there is!

I forget the name: it is the one attached by footbridge to Funan Digital Mall, which, in it's turn, is devoted to gadgets. There is a geeky head/ear-phone shop in the basement. Slightly more commercial is Stereo, that has a couple of Mall outlets. Despite my protestations that I was curious but absolutely not buying, I had a pair of maybe-SGD2,000-plus 'phones plonked on my head with instructions to make myself comfortable for as long as I liked.

Either the turnover of the outlet has to be sufficient to cover the costs of such demon units, or the manufacturers have to supply them as such --- which they would only do for sufficient turnover anyway. Of course, cost to the manufacturer would be a fraction of the list price.
Old 30th November 2017, 20:57   #314
BHPian

Picked a pair of Noise cancelling headphones - Sony MDR-1000x based on great reviews overall and also as they were heavily discounted in the Black Friday sales in UK.

Tried them for couple of days but didn't like the fit and also there was a lot of sound leakage for volumes I normally listen on. Have returned them to the store with a heavy heart. I guess I'll stick to the in-ear design for portability and comfort.
Old 30th November 2017, 21:09   #315
Team-BHP Support

Succumbed to black friday sale and got the Sennheiser HD4.40BT. Was deciding between the 4.50BT and this. In between thought of Bose soundlink as well.

Reviews pointed that 4.50BT with NC didn't sound as good as the 4.40BT. I didn't need the noise cancellation since it was mainly for TV viewing at home or laptop videos.

Got them for $99.95. Same one in India was 10,990. Friend bringing it down next week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks