Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 10:11   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Unfortunately Bose did not live up to their brand name and I had to return the headphone to Amazon for a full cash-back (After lot of arguing and stating the reasons). The flaws are; Multipoint connection stopped working. If I'm on the laptop watching video and a call comes through on my phone, it just did not recognize. B. Using it for long hours made my ears sweat. C. The much vaunted Noise Cancellation canceled about 70% of noise coming from the road/construction, that's all. D. Call quality was hopeless with the other end not hearing me at all. E. there is no sound EQ like in Sony F. Most of the times Alexa feature would not work. Luckily, the Sony XM4 is just launched and have ordered those. Will be getting them tomorrow
You will face the same issue of sweaty ears with the Sony however the Sony is way more customisable than the Bose QC 35. Also, please be aware that each noise cancellation system is tuned to filter out certain frequencies, not all. You can customise the level of NC and equalise audio frequencies in the Sony to a greater degree. I have the Bose 35 and XM3 and both are more or less at par with the XM3 providing more of a base boost if I may call it that. Both the Bose 35 and Sony XM3 have an issue with calls with the called party hearing a faint voice. But the new XM4 is better from what I have read.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 18:56   #497
Senior - BHPian

Ok so my Sony XM4 came in. Launched on August 22nd 2020, every retailer had only black - (since this silver had not come in). The minute it did, I was informed and I bought it. It's supremely plush all round and much more comfortable than the outgoing XM3, with its slightly redesigned ear piece (My brother has the old one, so comparison was easy). Foam is thicker and ensconces the ear wel. It connects to two devices effortlessly (New feature). Noise cancellation is much better than Bose. SBC, AAC and - LDAC (highest streaming quality possible) sets this apart. Base, as expected, was on the higher side (Which I don't like) but I took most of that out using the custom setting (EQ). On the left ear-cup, there is a sensor which detects whether you're wearing it or not. That's nifty. Mic is much better in this (Over XM3), and they can hear me clearly on the other end. The hinges are built to last, (and are definitely much better than Bose). Overall happy with these over the Bose 700 & QC35 which I used previously. Sony has done the unthinkable (my view) and has trumped Bose, fair and square, this time around.
Attached Thumbnails
The Headphones Thread-img_7818.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 19:56   #498
BHPian

Quote:
The hinges are built to last, (and are definitely much better than Bose). Overall happy with these over the Bose 700 & QC35 which I used previously. Sony has done the unthinkable (my view) and has trumped Bose, fair and square, this time around.
100% agree on the hinges build quality. While I haven't used the 700, XM3 and XM4 build quality is way better than QC35 and so is the NC ability.

Given what Sony is delivering with these two, QC35 appear to be way overpriced for what they offer. They should be now at 50% of the quoted price
Old 21st October 2020, 20:48   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok so my Sony XM4 came in.
Congratulations !! A question video conference, how is the quality? Does the other person hear the background noise?
Old 21st October 2020, 21:04   #500
Senior - BHPian

Well yes, those sounds are heard on the other end Doesn't have Dolby NR for that. Not an issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Congratulations !! A question video conference, how is the quality? Does the other person hear the background noise?
Old 21st October 2020, 21:12   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
I am inclining towards either Oppo W31 or Realme Buds Air. Seems like a fair deal.

Didn't like the form factor of the 1More ones. My father prefers something he can hold and feel. :P
Sorry for the late update.

My dad got the Airpods Gen2 (with H1 chip). Loves it and the convenience factor due to the Apple ecosystem advantages trumps all price differences.

My mom got jealous of my dad loving his Airpods so much, so she got herself the Oneplus buds, as she uses a Oneplus Nord.

There are hiccups to it sometimes during phone calls, but the music quality is FAR superior to the Airpods. Much better spatial soundstage compared to the Airpods!
Old 24th October 2020, 16:26   #502
BHPian

I am looking for a good speaker microphone as it's really becoming a pain to attend multiple hour calls with a headset.

Looking at the reviews Jabra Speak 410 seems to be a good option. However wanted to get a review/feedback on either Jabra Speak 410 or any equivalent product to the Jabra.

Any feedback/reviews please?
Old 28th October 2020, 17:17   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Hey guys,
I am looking for in ear wired earphones.
Soundmagic PL30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I am looking for a good speaker microphone as it's really becoming a pain to attend multiple hour calls with a headset.

Looking at the reviews Jabra Speak 410 seems to be a good option. However wanted to get a review/feedback on either Jabra Speak 410 or any equivalent product to the Jabra.

Why not just pair a good quality microphone with speakers of your choice?

OT:
The Headphones Thread-whatsapp-image-20201024-01.33.43.jpeg

Replaced my trusty ATH-M20s with the M30X. They are a little more fun to listen to and somewhat better built. Highly recommended for balanced, accurate sound.
Amien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 17:21   #504

This is a feedback from my Onshore partners about using the Jabra speakers. Some of them are on 4xx, while most are on 5xx and very few on 7xx series.

They say its the best, and I believe it. Since it has 4-6 microphones based on the series, their voice gets picked up from wherever you keep it, or from wherever you speak. No echo, no noise, nothing. On the other side, people with small kids, or pets, do not want to keep it as they had started toying with it. For them, its of no use.

Now, coming to Indian parlance, we rarely have a separate room to work. If you have so, and a relatively quiet place, you are good. IMO, wait and see what other members have to say, because to me its expensive.
Old 28th October 2020, 23:11   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post

I use the 510 for my calls which is most of the day. The speaker and mic clarity are great. So is the battery life and it charges super fast. Easy to connect to your device by bluetooth or USB. However, if you have background noise like construction around, its all audible on the other side clearly. So I do have to mute the mic often.
Old 4th November 2020, 06:29   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
But i do love the in ear ones. Have been using the Bose sound sport wireless for some years now. Got another pair over current sale at a steal. Definitely amazing for running. (Soundsport wireless). I think the sale (flipkart) is still on through the day. You may want to have a look. Of course there is no noise cancelation.
Bose Soundsport Wireless is coming for Rs 6300 on flipkart. Are they really that good. I want them to be comfortable, no need for Noise cancellation. Primary use is cycling / running for a hour or 2 at the max.

Do they come with multiple size silicon tips.

Thanks
Rahul
Old 4th November 2020, 11:11   #507
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Bose Soundsport Wireless is coming for Rs 6300 on flipkart. Are they really that good. I want them to be comfortable, no need for Noise cancellation. Primary use is cycling / running for a hour or 2 at the max.

Do they come with multiple size silicon tips.
Yes they come with multiple size tips.

From a usage point of view, its perfect for outdoors. I have been running with it for last 4-5 years. Its perfect and I like the sound quality. If you are used to the warmer tones of Senheiser, you may be disappointed. But I love the nice flat response and the clear sound. I got it at the same price on flipkart.

For the first one I paid 13K 5 years back! Still not regret it!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 11:43   #508
BHPian

Looking for in-ear headphones that can fit inside helmets. Have looked at various options like the BT/intercom systems like the Parani M10, but many folks are suggesting that this is not so great for audio and the user might have to crank up the volume to hear which can affect hearing in the long run. Primary use will be music on long roadtrips, may be 5% on phone to connect with fellow riders while on the road ( Taking off the helmet, headband and glove to use phone is a chore). There are a lot of suggestions on Shure headphones, but these are very expensive and harder to buy in India. Came across MeeAudio, specifically M6Pro. The fit is over the loop, keeping the headphones secure in the ear and they have small form factor and fit snugly inside the helmet. This is wired though, wireless might have been better. Anyone tried this? I use a MT Thunder SV helmet.

Last edited by knaveen : 4th November 2020 at 11:44.
Old 4th November 2020, 12:34   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Yes they come with multiple size tips.

From a usage point of view, its perfect for outdoors. I have been running with it for last 4-5 years. For the first one I paid 13K 5 years back! Still not regret it!
Thanks. I prefer clear Sounds. And even though it is a 5 year old model, it still seems to be well recommended. I will mostly pick it tonight. Picking the same one after 5 yers of usge is a pretty strong endorsement.

Last edited by indian21r : 4th November 2020 at 12:36.
Old 4th November 2020, 13:04   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Thanks. I prefer clear Sounds. And even though it is a 5 year old model, it still seems to be well recommended. I will mostly pick it tonight. Picking the same one after 5 yers of usge is a pretty strong endorsement.
Rahul,
Check out Jabra Elite 65T on Headphone zone. They have decent music output (comparable to bose) and are proper in-ear wireless. I have had them for 2+ years and used them for running, cycling etc. Still works like a charm, giving 4 hours of battery life for each charge.

Price is 4k inr. Huge discount - I paid 10k 2 years ago.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 4th November 2020 at 13:08.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks