Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2023, 12:01   #391
BHPian

Re: Anybody used HiTech Robotic cleaning?

Just a quick update on my robotic vacuum and mop story.
Background: I have been an iRobot user since 2017 with the Roomba 980 being my trusted cleaning buddy till 2019 when I added the Brava 390t mopping robot to my arsenal.
I ended up upgrading both the 980 to Roomba S9+ (I was the second buyer of this model in India officially) and the 390t to Bravajet M6 in 2020.

Current Status:
Lately I realised that iRobot has been lazy on the innovation front and haven't really added any ground breaking new features and their mapping tech (VSLAM) is really outdated and slow. In addition to this the mopping efficiency of the Bravajet M6 is nothing to write home about in today's world.
(At the time they were introduced, both these models were groundbreaking and ahead of the curve)

The itch to upgrade had been bothering me for sometime now and I was eyeing the Roborock S7 Max Ultra or the S8 Pro Ultra (unfortunately Roborock does not sell in India officially and the website https://roborockindia.com is not the official sales partner. I still tried to contact them and their mailbox bounced my emails back and there did not seem to be any contact numbers or helpline mentioned so I gave up on the idea to get one of the Roborocks from this seemingly fake website.

Ecovacs on the other hand, has been selling their products in India for sometime and have gradually improved their penetration across the country. The X1 Omni (which had been recently introduced in India) looked like a good option but it lacks the auto lifting mop heads. I came to know that the Ecovacs T20 Omni had been launched internationally and I reached out to https://ecovacsindia.in to let me know if they are planning on launching that in India anytime soon. They have been in constant touch over the last few weeks with follow up calls.

Yesterday I got another call from them and on telling them the same thing, that I will consider a purchase when they launch the T20 Omni, I was pleasantly surprised on being told that they have received the first batch of the T20 Omni and that I could order one (It's not yet been listed on their website or any other sales channel).
I was informed that the launch price was INR 1,29,900/- and they offered a 5k discount.

It was a matter of my heart taking over my mind, I know I could wait fr the official launch and some more reviews, but that was not to be.

I ended up being the first official buyer of the Ecovacs T20 Omni in India. Order was placed last evening and they will ship the product today.

I will post and unboxing post when I get it and my initial impressions.
docsinghal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2023, 22:27   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
On the other hand, mop -2i is a new version, so it might have better technology compared to mop-P which is 2-3 years old model.
It's not a better version since it lacks a LiDaR sensor and doesn't work with maps. It's better to go for Mop P instead.

Honestly, Mi Robots are VFM but their after-sales is pathetic. Recently gave my vacuum for repair and after 2 months of vigirous follow-ups, they gave me a quote of ₹10.5k which is absurd.

Planning on getting some Ecovacs' model but not sure if there A.S.S. is any better.

Last edited by devilicious : 12th August 2023 at 22:29. Reason: Grammer
devilicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 23:44   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsinghal View Post
Just a quick update on my robotic vacuum and mop story.

I ended up being the first official buyer of the Ecovacs T20 Omni in India. Order was placed last evening and they will ship the product today.

I will post and unboxing post when I get it and my initial impressions.
Can you please share your views on Ecovacs T20 Omni?
Old 7th November 2023, 13:21   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Can you please share your views on Ecovacs T20 Omni?
I have been super busy and have not been able to post my initial impression and a review.

It has been a very bumpy ownership experience with the Deebot T20 Omin, primarily due to the unprofessional after sales support provided by Frootle India Pvt Ltd (the firm that sells Ecovacs in India).

To cut the long story short, my recommendation would be to avoid Ecovacs products unless you live in a city with local service centre and have the nerves of steel to deal with them in case there is an issue with your product.

I am composing a detailed review simultaneously (it will be posted in a day or two) but wanted this post out for the benefit of anyone considering buying this during the festive season.
docsinghal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 16:43   #395
BANNED

For a first time purchaser, should I go for Ecovac N10 / N8 or go for Mi Mop 2 Pro? I think these are 2 most favored models now a days.

I live in a 2 BHK apartment of approximately 1100 sq ft carpet. I need something that can do good dusting, don't fondle with door mats / carpets and is reliable.

Also, how does the robot clean the area between furniture that aren't wide enough for a disc to go in and under the sofa / TV unit etc?

I live in Pune and both the company have their service center locally, still I would prefer one that would not need a service center at all.

My wife is a cleaning freak and normally cleans the house once again after the maid done with the business. As she finally got rid of the house help, I think if I can help her with something less tedious and more helpful.
Thank you for any valuable input / feedback.
Old 14th January 2024, 18:29   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Also, how does the robot clean the area between furniture that aren't wide enough for a disc to go in and under the sofa / TV unit etc?

My wife is a cleaning freak and normally cleans the house once again after the maid done with the business. As she finally got rid of the house help, I think if I can help her with something less tedious and more helpful.
Been using the mi vac mop v1 and it's been good. Answering your question regarding places it can't get to, well it can't.

Recently picked up a cordless vac stick as well.

My wife is also cleanliness minded so both these devices together really does help keep the house neat and tidy. And the stick is also easy and light enough to use for some emergency cleaning if you want to help out as well.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 16:13   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
For a first time purchaser, should I go for Ecovac N10 / N8 or go for Mi Mop 2 Pro? I think these are 2 most favored models now a days.
Mop 2 is way better IMO. The only problem with most brands is their after sales so Mi is no exception. Though, go for it as it is VFM and very helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks