Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 16:19   #1516
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Noticed yesterday that the Maps application in the iPhone is now giving out driving directions, in India.

@Jaggu, as you have a proper 3G iPhone could you please verify this and also if tapping the locate me thingy will update the map with your current location?

this sounds to be a great peice of info.

Will just go home today evening and check on my wifi connection.

Old 7th April 2009, 20:41   #1517
BHPian

@Jaggu, what I meant was, map a route, and while you are in the middle, use current location to update the map. I guess having a 3G phone with GPS would be excellent in this situation.

ps: When I was in Bangalore, I did see one-ways marked on the map. Driving instructions didnt work then, though.
Old 7th April 2009, 21:11   #1518
Team-BHP Support

i havent moved from my building yet, will try and update later
Old 8th April 2009, 16:03   #1519
Team-BHP Support

and then somemore news from google

Quote:
Google has announced a major revision to Gmail for iPhone and Android devices.
-----
Today we're introducing a major revision to Gmail for mobile that takes advantage of the latest browser technology available on iPhone and Android devices. We've updated the user interface, made it faster to open messages, allowed for batch actions (like archiving multiple messages at once), and added some basic offline support
Soruce:iClarified - Apple News - Major Gmail Revision for iPhone Browser
Old 8th April 2009, 16:37   #1520
Team-BHP Support

OMG this is depressing!

Rumors were ripe and OS indication were being discussed, now hardware changes are also being confirmed here New iPhone parts begin shipping from suppliers for June launch?

Site is real slow and i got this from home page since the link i posted is still loading:
Quote:
New iPhone parts begin shipping from suppliers for June launch?

by Thomas Ricker, posted Apr 8th 2009 at 6:19AM

At this point there's little doubt that a new iPhone model (possibly two) will at least be announced in June. Now the Commercial Times have chimed in with a report saying that components from Taiwan-based suppliers have begun shipments as Apple (or its China-based assemblers, rather) readies for a "June launch" pegged by said suppliers to reach about 2-3 million units per quarter. A phone that looks to be fitted with a 3.2 megapixel still / video CMOS camera, digital compass (magnetometer), possibly 802.11n WiFi, more storage, and all the MMS, copy/paste, and push-notifications you can shake a gesticulating finger at. Assuming all the firmware sleuthing and rumors are true, of course.
I need to save up
Old 9th April 2009, 11:25   #1521
capri_cap

The new gmail interface for iphone, sure looks promisisng.

Old 9th April 2009, 17:02   #1522
Team-BHP Support

Tried the direction thingy in gmap, it gives turn by turn instruction once you key in the start and end points. It gives you turn by turn map pages.
The iPhone Thread-photo.jpg The iPhone Thread-photo1.jpg
The iPhone Thread-photo2.jpgThe iPhone Thread-photo3.jpg
It is not an active assist, and map is locked on the initial route suggested and even if the device/gps moves out it will not show nor will it move the map. So manually you have to pan to see where you actually are. Even if you are not in the right page of the recommendation.

egs: in these pics, i took the Tavarakare rd shown on the LT top of the first picture, and the route recommendation didnt move

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th April 2009 at 17:08.
Old 10th April 2009, 10:09   #1523
BHPian

I have seen that feature and you can even get the thing as a list in the options. The only problem for me is that since I dont have GPS, I try to get a location lock and it only shows a general area.
Old 11th May 2009, 20:47   #1524
BHPian

Can anyone share GPRS or Vodafone live whatever it called setting for Delhi Vodafone postpaid number. I have 2G iphone with me on 2.2.1 firmware.
Old 11th May 2009, 23:00   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Does any body has an iphone with a cracked screen and not interested in repairing! i want to buy it. as i need a system board. Its A iphone 2G.

PM me.
Old 15th May 2009, 04:50   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Does any body has an iphone with a cracked screen and not interested in repairing! i want to buy it. as i need a system board. Its A iphone 2G.

PM me.
Pardon me if I'm stating the obvious, but you could find quite a few of those on ebay.
Old 15th May 2009, 22:54   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Pardon me if I'm stating the obvious, but you could find quite a few of those on ebay.
thanks! but i couldn't.
Old 16th May 2009, 08:14   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
thanks! but i couldn't.
I mean on Ebay US. Maybe you could source it. They go really cheap. Search for iphone 2g and check out the listings under "buy it now" only. I'm sure you'll find some. I'm looking for an iphone (functional!) and come across these quite often.
Old 20th May 2009, 12:59   #1529
BHPian

Try the orkut community as well SirAlec, had seen someone selling an iPhone in the condition you are looking for.
Old 21st May 2009, 15:40   #1530
BHPian

The Great Apple iPhone 3.0 Preview - may not be so

On March 17, Apple presented the blueprint for iPhone OS 3.0, the next version of the world’s most advanced mobile platform. Apple Inc. states that "the Most Advanced Mobile OS" is "Now even More Advanced". They were obviously referring to the iPhones OS eh ? Most Advanced for an OS that didn't have:
  • MMS.
  • Bulk SMS sending.
  • Open bluetooth sending.
  • Phone Search option.
  • Edit (the nokia pencil).
  • No A2DP.
  • No Adobe Flash.
Name:  iphonefunny.gif
Views: 765
Size:  55.2 KB
No MMS on the multimedia phone ! And Steve calls that Advanced ? Crazy.At the Apple site, they've even posted an "Advance preview of 100 new features" with 5 special features highlighted. Guess what they are ?
  • Search your iPhone
  • Cut, copy, and paste
  • Send photos, contacts, audio files, and location via MMS
  • Read and compose email and text messages in landscape
those are updates for the Most Advanced OS. yea rite.

Sourced From Symbia! Inside

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...-team-bhp.html (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st May 2009 at 20:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks