Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 02:14   #1591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Not apple key. Press and hold option and then click. It has to work. You are not right clicking by mistake are you? Works on my mac.
Yes, it worked, i was trying to use redsnow, when I actually needed the pawnage tool.
and yes its the options key. I was successful with 3.0

But now the problem is the area that's used by 4 5 6 on the touch screen is not responding. the same area is where the first / main number for any contact is located. i cant even call, I can't dial numbers 456.. Dunno what to do. I think my lil one kinda droped the phone and then sat on it while I was out.
Old 10th July 2009, 10:43   #1592
D-Man

Replace the screen. You may be able to find some iphone for parts only. Replacing the screen wont be that difficult. But i wonder if its just the screen. Not sure.

Old 11th July 2009, 12:31   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
Replace the screen. You may be able to find some iphone for parts only. Replacing the screen wont be that difficult. But i wonder if its just the screen. Not sure.
I've checked almost every application and that portion of the screen is not responding, so I guess the screen is damaged. do you have any idea how much it might cost?
Old 11th July 2009, 16:12   #1594
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
I've checked almost every application and that portion of the screen is not responding, so I guess the screen is damaged. do you have any idea how much it might cost?
Not really sure. If you have someone from US arriving here then its cheap. approximately 2k. I would only be guessing in India.
Edit: not sure about your location but try contacting someone in GAFAR market delhi. its a huge after market solution.

Old 15th July 2009, 22:00   #1595
BHPian

Battery Issues with Iphone 2G -3.0 software

Hi,

Does any one have issues after upgrading their iphone 2g to 3.0 firmware? i have issues like:

1. Battery Drain
2. Phone gets very hot
3. No Cellular data network option for entering Edge settings
Old 15th July 2009, 22:55   #1596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Hi,

Does any one have issues after upgrading their iphone 2g to 3.0 firmware? i have issues like:

1. Battery Drain
2. Phone gets very hot
3. No Cellular data network option for entering Edge settings
1&2. Solved by: Settings->Mail,Contacts,Calenders->Fetch New Data-> slide push to off. This will not affect pulling of emails. Also keep location services off.
Issue solved for me.
3. Connect to WiFi on iphone and from safari go to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone. Follow the instructions and download. You will need to find out edge settings from your provider though. For vodafone it is www
Note: you need to access this page from the iphone. It will look different if you access it from your normal computer and will not work.

Let me know if it solves your problem.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 15th July 2009 at 23:06. Reason: typo
Old 16th July 2009, 17:19   #1597
BHPian

not able to jail break

hi guys!
i am trying to jailbreak my 3G 3.0.first when i try to instal the firmware through itunes it says firmwarefile is not compatible.it goes to the last step & gives a error.it gives an error when it is about to jailbreak.it says redsnow has stopped working"a problem caused the programme to stop workin correctly.windows will close the programand notify you if a solution is available".i am using windows vista.kindly advise
Old 16th July 2009, 18:01   #1598
D-Man

Give your self full administrative rights. Can you simluate the scenario in words?

Old 17th July 2009, 02:11   #1599
BHPian

try pwanage instead of redsnow. its easier, so i think!
Old 17th July 2009, 17:07   #1600
BHPian

Finally I jailbroke my iPhone 3g.I had actually loaded the 3gs formate & was trying to jail break it.
Old 17th July 2009, 17:44   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
1&2. Solved by: Settings->Mail,Contacts,Calenders->Fetch New Data-> slide push to off. This will not affect pulling of emails. Also keep location services off.
Issue solved for me.
3. Connect to WiFi on iphone and from safari go to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone. Follow the instructions and download. You will need to find out edge settings from your provider though. For vodafone it is www
Note: you need to access this page from the iphone. It will look different if you access it from your normal computer and will not work.

Let me know if it solves your problem.

Tejas- I have tried all the options but it still gets very hot and the battery drains out like in 4 hours whether i use it or not. one more thing i noticed is that there is a lot of disturbance when i try to connect to external speakers (This indicates that the phone is trying to send signals) which is draining the battery... any suggestions?
Old 17th July 2009, 18:36   #1602
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Tejas- I have tried all the options but it still gets very hot and the battery drains out like in 4 hours whether i use it or not. one more thing i noticed is that there is a lot of disturbance when i try to connect to external speakers (This indicates that the phone is trying to send signals) which is draining the battery... any suggestions?
Funny, this should have solved your problem.
Try one thing, switch of fetch (pull) also completely.
Keep WiFi, location services and bluetooth off. Try this experiment and see for a day.
Are you sure "push" is off? Double check. Triple check. This is the only culprit.
How is the mobile network in your area? does it fluctuate forcing the iphone to keep looking for other networks? If so, manually select network instead of automatic.
Disturbance to external speakers is normal because the speakers may not be electrically shielded. Activate airport mode and connect to speakers, the disturbance will go.
Old 17th July 2009, 20:26   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Funny, this should have solved your problem.
Try one thing, switch of fetch (pull) also completely.
Keep WiFi, location services and bluetooth off. Try this experiment and see for a day.
Are you sure "push" is off? Double check. Triple check. This is the only culprit.
How is the mobile network in your area? does it fluctuate forcing the iphone to keep looking for other networks? If so, manually select network instead of automatic.
Disturbance to external speakers is normal because the speakers may not be electrically shielded. Activate airport mode and connect to speakers, the disturbance will go.
Did that long time back... in fact i tried all what you said before posting my query here in T BHP. The only thing i didnt do was downloading that Cellular data file.

The reason i think that phone is trying to send data is coz i never used to experience any disturbance in the speakers when i was on 2.2.1... as soon as i switched to 3.0 it started.

Now im thinking of downgrading my software to 2.2.1 again... its lengthy and complicated :(.
Old 18th July 2009, 10:39   #1604
BHPian

My batt used to drain like crazy while 'Fetch' was ON, after I put it OFF and reduced the brightness to 30% there has been a huge diff.
Dunno why your phone is draining. 3.0 has only helped this issue - so I think!
hope you find your problem.
Old 18th July 2009, 13:36   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
My batt used to drain like crazy while 'Fetch' was ON, after I put it OFF and reduced the brightness to 30% there has been a huge diff.
Dunno why your phone is draining. 3.0 has only helped this issue - so I think!
hope you find your problem.

Well looks like i fixed the problem. I un installed Cyclay 3.0. and the battery is stable and no distrubance in my external speakers. so the culprit was Cyclay which searches for GPRS or WIFI to send you Iphone 's location to track it online.

Thanks for all your help guys

Wads

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks