Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 11:35   #1576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
I got 2G - 8GB iphone, which i wanna sell as I am getting G1 from US. let me know if you are interested.
I want 3G only. Anyways thanks for the offer.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:24   #1577
D-Man

Quote:
I got 2G - 8GB iphone, which i wanna sell as I am getting G1 from US. let me know if you are interested.
Can you PM me details for the 2g? I dont wanna OT here

Old 24th June 2009, 15:26   #1578
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Hey D-Man, I need your assistance in unlocking my new iPhone which has come from US. I don’t want to fiddle with it and send it to grave.
Vinay, I purchased mine from USA too. Hope you have unlocked it now. If not then PM me. We can exchange numbers where ill guide you step by step. Watching many tutorials may ruin the situation. I bricked mine since Jan I think. Works well now.

Old 24th June 2009, 16:38   #1579
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to ask my friend to get me an iphone 3G from US. The website says that it starts from $99. Can anybody enlighten me as to how much can I expect to pay (in total) to get it. I plan to unlock it using the methods described in the threads here. That brings me to second query: what are the softwares in the market which can unlock iphone 3g safely.

Thanks
Old 24th June 2009, 17:48   #1580
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishant B View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to ask my friend to get me an iphone 3G from US. The website says that it starts from $99. Can anybody enlighten me as to how much can I expect to pay (in total) to get it. I plan to unlock it using the methods described in the threads here. That brings me to second query: what are the softwares in the market which can unlock iphone 3g safely.

Thanks
Nishant, I started a thread a while back called it "iphone for $99". First part can be answered there. The model you are speaking about is 3GS. As of now no jailbreaks or unlocks have been developed yet for that version. As for getting a iphone from US; its a waste. You shall prolly end up same money if you buy it from Voda or Airtel. Which can be unlocked anyday. Let us know when you get it So we can help you unlock.

Old 24th June 2009, 17:51   #1581
BHPian

Still 3GS comes with plan only. Not sure how you will get it without any plan. If you know how let me know too
Old 24th June 2009, 18:29   #1582
D-Man

Ya true Sam. The only way you can get it is Cancel after 30 days pay $200 cancellation fees or keep the phone on lowest plan until you get rebate checks and then cancel paying $200. But then you shall have that plan incurring atleast $50 a month.

Old 25th June 2009, 12:07   #1583
BHPian

Stuck at "Downloading Jailbreak Data" 3.0 on 2g

I was trying to upgrade from 2.2 to 3.0 and in the end, On my Iphone 2g 2.2,there is a HD picture,and it says - "downloading jailbreak data" its spinning,and it lasts for quite some time,and when it finishes brings me to the picture of a usb pointed towards an itunes icon...

On my windows,it says that the Redsn0w was successfull,and it jailbroken it correctly...

Help
Old 25th June 2009, 12:48   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was trying to upgrade from 2.2 to 3.0 and in the end, On my Iphone 2g 2.2,there is a HD picture,and it says - "downloading jailbreak data" its spinning,and it lasts for quite some time,and when it finishes brings me to the picture of a usb pointed towards an itunes icon...

On my windows,it says that the Redsn0w was successfull,and it jailbroken it correctly...

Help
Tarun

It is clear that the phone is not going into DFU mode.. was the phone OFF and connected to the comp before you ran redsnow? Please follow that, and the button pushing sequence part of the instructions to the 'T'.

Last edited by kb100 : 25th June 2009 at 12:50.
Old 25th June 2009, 13:34   #1585
D-Man

Quote:

Help
Tarun pm me your contact number and I shall walk you through the process. Ill help you unlock it within 25 minutes.

Old 28th June 2009, 20:51   #1586
BHPian

help!

I'm using a 2G 2.2v,
I downloaded all the files required for 3.0 upgrade and jailbreak.
When I press the option key and then click restore itunes asks for backup and restore- and if i proceed then it hooks up with apple and starts the download for 3.0 but this will lock the phone.
I'm supposed to get a drop down box and navigate to the custom restore ipsw right? but this option is not there. I'm doing the upgrade and jail break on my mac and files downloaded are all for the Mac OS.
Pls advice.
Old 28th June 2009, 23:57   #1587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
I'm using a 2G 2.2v,
When I press the option key and then click restore itunes asks for backup and restore- and if i proceed then it hooks up with apple and starts the download for 3.0 but this will lock the phone.
I'm supposed to get a drop down box and navigate to the custom restore ipsw right? but this option is not there. I'm doing the upgrade and jail break on my mac and files downloaded are all for the Mac OS.
Pls advice.

I dont exactly know how this works on Mac.. but on Windows one needs to HOLD DOWN the SHIFT key while pressing restore - and that brings up the navigation box.
Old 30th June 2009, 10:33   #1588
Team-BHP Support

I think on mac you need to hold the apple key to bring the pop up.
Old 30th June 2009, 11:32   #1589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
I'm using a 2G 2.2v,
Pls advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think on mac you need to hold the apple key to bring the pop up.
Not apple key. Press and hold option and then click. It has to work. You are not right clicking by mistake are you? Works on my mac.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 30th June 2009 at 11:36.
Old 30th June 2009, 16:18   #1590
D-Man

if nothing above worked for you like Tejas suggested; I recommend finish the job an a xp and later you can get the data from MAC. May be you shall loose all your contacts. But fun fact is Google Sync works on Iphone. You can use that to sync everything to you gmail account. I guess i dont need to explain more

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks