Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2021, 10:16   #14266
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Look up UAG. These cases are really great
Thanks, I did look at UAG, but one, the cases did not have the slider function that I think is needed for the 12 pro max. And my wife wasn’t keen on the UAG patterns, so went with the hard armour case of Spigen for now. Will have to keep looking out for something good. I’m sure there are a lot of options overseas, but in India there are hardly any.

I used to buy otterbox from their Hongkong website, but their cases have got very expensive over the last 2 years and again they don’t have any cases with the shutters. However their cases are bulkier so I think there is no need for a shutter kind of utility.
Old 13th November 2021, 11:45   #14267
BHPian

Those who are looking for saving a bit of storage.

Whatsapp seem to be the biggest hogger (other than photos)

Whatsapp-> Settings->manage storage -> delete based on chat groups

I was able to clear almost 10GB.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 15:26   #14268
AZT
BHPian

I hear the Airpods Pro were for 18k on Amazon during the big billion day sale and 10k card discount got it to ~ 16.2k which was a great deal. Anyone know if Amazon has a big sale December end too.
Old 14th November 2021, 08:41   #14269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Wanted to ask those who use automations.
I don’t have knowledge or experience of Automations in iOS. I googled your query and got this, please let us know if it helps.

https://apps.apple.com/in/app/pushcu...n/id1450936447
GTsunny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 23:05   #14270
BHPian

So I got my iPhone 13 pro max on 7th of nov and this being my first iPhone, I’ve been suffering from battery anxiety alot . Friends who are regular apple loyals keep assuring that this phone has the best screen time but I’m already concerned about how it’ll age a year or two down the line. I’m following the 80-20 charging method(charging before the level drops below 20% and upto 80). Just wanted to know if anyone else specially first time users feel the same?
Abhi5868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 23:57   #14271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi5868 View Post
So I got my iPhone 13 pro max on 7th of nov and this being my first iPhone, I’ve been suffering from battery anxiety alot . Friends who are regular apple loyals keep assuring that this phone has the best screen time but I’m already concerned about how it’ll age a year or two down the line. I’m following the 80-20 charging method(charging before the level drops below 20% and upto 80). Just wanted to know if anyone else specially first time users feel the same?
Abhi, congratulations on your new iPhone!

The last thing you should be worrying about is battery anxiety. Apple already includes charging detection based on your use case to slow charging over 80% to preserve battery life.

Like any other consumable, the battery will age and deteriorate over time. Whether it is fast or slow is all dependent on your use case scenario. For example, I have an iPhone X from 2017, the battery is at 83%. Do I need to charge it more often than I used to? Yes, I do. Does it hamper my user experience or do I need to change the phone? None what so ever.

I keep telling my friends, I bought this phone 4 years ago, and I'm still looking for a reason (even a lame excuse) to replace it. But the phone hasn't given me one.

For example, if you drove your car more often/harder than usual, you'd end up servicing and replacing tires more often. That's really all that there is to it. Don't get pulled into all the horror stories. Things can and sometimes do go wrong. That does not mean they happen to everyone.

In conclusion, if at all, you use your phone more than I do or more than others and the battery does age faster. All you need to do is replace the battery. Anxiety or limiting use of the phone isn't the answer.
BeMyWings is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 14:54   #14272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
I hear the Airpods Pro were for 18k on Amazon during the big billion day sale and 10k card discount got it to ~ 16.2k which was a great deal. Anyone know if Amazon has a big sale December end too.
Airpods Pro have been discounted to $150 during the recent sales in the US due to end of life. Apple seems to follow the trend to India, usually in a couple of months (that's how the 17k price). If you are patient, you should be able to get it around 15-16k in a few months, assuming Apple's conversion rates (1USD= 100 INR).

The Pro is also due for a new model in about 6 months. My suggestion would be to wait out and see what the new one offers. Apple will continue to sell this version along side the new one at a discounted price, similar to the new generation of Airpods.

To tide you over the waiting time Realme Air Buds 2 will give 80% of Airpods Pro performance at 15% of its price. I am currently using it with my iPhone, while waiting for new Apple Watch SE, (hopefully with Always on Display) and Airpods Pro.

Last edited by car_addict : 17th November 2021 at 14:55.
Old 17th November 2021, 15:37   #14273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWings View Post
Abhi, congratulations on your new iPhone! .
Thanks BeMyWings I guess the anxiety will sooner or later burn out just like the novelty factor.

Also guys how’s the rhinosheild carbon fibre case? Right now I’m using the transparent case given free from the store I bought the phone.
Old 17th November 2021, 16:16   #14274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_addict View Post

new Apple Watch SE, (hopefully with Always on Display) and Airpods Pro.
Apple watch SE doesn't have AOD. AOD is only in the flagship watches of iwatch.
Old 17th November 2021, 16:27   #14275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
Apple watch SE doesn't have AOD. AOD is only in the flagship watches of iwatch.
He is hoping next Apple Watch SE will come with Always on Display.
raksrules is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 01:50   #14276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I got my iPhone 13 pro max on 7th of nov and this being my first iPhone, I’ve been suffering from battery anxiety alot. Friends who are regular apple loyals keep assuring that this phone has the best screen time but I’m already concerned about how it’ll age a year or two down the line. I’m following the 80-20 charging method(charging before the level drops below 20% and upto 80). Just wanted to know if anyone else specially first time users feel the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWings View Post
The last thing you should be worrying about is battery anxiety. Apple already includes charging detection based on your use case to slow charging over 80% to preserve battery life.
Congrats Abhi on your new iPhone 13 Promax. As Bemywings rightly said, don't stress on the battery life too much. It will no way compromise your overall user experience.

Being an annual iPhone changer, I buy every new model that comes into the market. I have noticed one thing, 100% battery levels remain till a maximum of 5-6 months and after that it rapidly drops to 97%-94% and stays here for a long time before going below 90%.

Does this change anything? Yes, it does. Initial days the battery life for a single charge is phenomenal (30 hours to 42 hours) and when the battery life drops the only difference is the single charge hours come down and you can still get a full day's work done on it (at least 15-18 hours).

Summary- you will just need to charge it earlier than before. That's it!

Enjoy and have fun with your new 13 Pro Max
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 02:49   #14277
BHPian

Quote:
Apple states your phone battery is designed to hold 80% health upto 500 charge cycles, which is around 1 years use for a heavy user. Batteries for the 12 Pro Max are around 6k and should be similar for the 13 so I don’t see a need for anxiety, just use your phone and replace once you notice a significant performance drop. I’ve tracked my battery health and cycles since I started using my phone in Nov last year. Here it is- (the reason you don’t see a drop for the first 4-5 months is because your phone ships with 104-105% of rated capacity)
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-b91a750efdd14b189e3f0e49d0731017.png  

Last edited by AJ56 : 18th November 2021 at 02:52.
AJ56 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 05:44   #14278
BHPian

Seems DIY iPhone repairs are on the cards.
Step in the right direction.

The iPhone Thread-screenshot_2021111805424646_09b0decbe4b7d7c0b880bfd3cec2697c.jpg
Everlearner is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 12:40   #14279
BHPian

Hi - I have an iPhone 7 Plus. The battery health was showing the message to take it to service and Max capacity was at 75%. I lived with this for over a year and basically the phone became a socket hugger - I would end up charging it 3+ times a day to keep it going. Finally took it a service center who recommended a battery replacement which was done. Its been 18 days now with the new battery and the experience is not much better - I observe that the battery loses 1% charge every 1:30 minutes when running instagram/whatsapp - videos/youtube/google maps. Have also observed that sometimes it loses 3-5% charge very quickly. Does this indicate a problem with the battery ? The battery health shows max capacity at 100%. Welcome any suggestions.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th November 2021 at 06:48. Reason: looses > loses.
Old 18th November 2021, 12:46   #14280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Hi - I have an iPhone 7 Plus. The battery health was showing the message to take it to service and Max capacity was at 75%. I lived with this for over a year and basically the phone became a socket hugger - I would end up charging it 3+ times a day to keep it going. Finally took it a service center who recommended a battery replacement which was done. Its been 18 days now with the new battery and the experience is not much better - I observe that the battery loses 1% charge every 1:30 minutes when running instagram/whatsapp - videos/Youtube/google maps. Have also observed that sometimes it loses 3-5% charge very quickly. Does this indicate a problem with the battery ? The battery health shows max capacity at 100%. Welcome any suggestions.

Did you get the battery replaced at an Apple service center or an independent shop? I took my 6s plus long ago to an independent shop and got the battery replaced. Battery health was shown as 100% for the next few years but the phone was almost useless thanks to extreme battery drain.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th November 2021 at 06:49. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks