Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2015, 08:41   #4291
BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

We have a 1.4 ton Daikin split ac in our bedroom.

About 1.5 years back, I had to replace the board in the indoor unit as it had gone kaput. Bill came to about Rs. 4,000/- (don't remember exactly).

A couple of months ago again, the motor started running at full speed and the board didn't respond to remote.

Called Daikin service and they told the board has gone bad and I had to replace both the board and the motor. This time the bill was Rs. 10,500/-

The service technician told that the problem may be due to power fluctuation and a surge might have killed the board.

I use Everest double booster stabilizer.

The ac was being used sparingly.
Old 26th December 2015, 11:06   #4292
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
Called Daikin service and they told the board has gone bad and I had to replace both the board and the motor. This time the bill was Rs. 10,500/-

The service technician told that the problem may be due to power fluctuation and a surge might have killed the board.

I use Everest double booster stabilizer.
Unless your voltage goes out of bounds try and avoid a stabilizer. The relays in the box both produce a lot of spikes and well can even exaggerate the fluctuations. Remember more often than not the main margin of the dealer is in the stabilizer than the the AC itself.
Old 26th December 2015, 11:07   #4293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
Called Daikin service and they told the board has gone bad and I had to replace both the board and the motor. This time the bill was Rs. 10,500/-.
thats quite crazy to have to shell out so much. Was it not in warranty the first time? Luckily for me my two daikins which are now 5 years old have only had to have the gas refilled. Hopefully this continues. Am using cheapo syscom stabilizers that came free with the acs
Old 26th December 2015, 15:25   #4294
VKM
BHPian

In my experience inverter type acs' have lots of issues. i have 4 daikin inverter types & 2 non inverter types(general & panasonic) at home. its the old school non inverter split acs' which run smoothly with just regulat cleaning & servicing.daikin has been the worst. what we are supposed to save in electricity bill will be spent on servicing them. my next ac will be non inverter 4/5 star rated split.
Old 1st January 2016, 10:03   #4295
BHPian

^^^
Yes, come to think of it, it seems I bought Daikin without thinking about the expensive spares. If anything more goes wrong with it again, I will throw it out lock, stock, and barrel.

People considering an ac will do good to remember that Daikin has got very costly spares and service, which more than offsets that you may save on electricity bills. Also, note that the indoor unit has got pathetic-quality plastics. It won't even stay stiff - the bottom part gets undulated and the entire apparatus is wobbly.

Two of my next of kin bought Hitachi before 1 year and those are running without any problem so far.
Old 17th February 2016, 11:49   #4296
BHPian

Need some inputs: I am planning to buy a split ac 1 ton, preferably the inverter type.

Shortlisted candidates :
1. LG Inverter V
2. Daikin Inverter split ac
3. Hitachi inverter split ac

Inclined towards the LG model since they are offering free installation and service for LG has been great at my current location (based on service experience of the LG washing machine and Microwave at my home).

Request some first hand experience with the LG inverter V model or the other brands mentioned above.

Thanks,
SD
Old 17th February 2016, 13:25   #4297
BANNED

@SwiftSD; LG is not in the same league as the other two. Hitachi are good but have lousy service.

Last edited by sgiitk : 17th February 2016 at 13:27.
Old 17th February 2016, 14:15   #4298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@SwiftSD; LG is not in the same league as the other two. Hitachi are good but have lousy service.
Thanks for your inputs. I too have not heard very positive comments regarding the service of Hitachi and Daikin in my area thus a bit skeptical however with respect to the actual product from Diakin and Hitachi I have seen some great reviews.

In two minds now whether to go for better product or "ok product" with good service.

Regards,
SD
Old 17th February 2016, 14:26   #4299
BHPian

Any suggestion for 1 Ton Windows AC? My priorities are less noise and trouble free running. My 12 years Hitachi logicool need replacement. For now, i am leaning towards to replace with another Hitachi.

Also, will i get any buy back for the old a/c?
Old 17th February 2016, 14:32   #4300
Senior - BHPian

always go for "ok product" with good service. That should be a no brainer.
especially if something has a PCB inside it, then blindly go for LG if you are in India. You are safe for 5 years with LG.

or else you can also try Mitsubishi, Toshiba in India, these are boutique brands and may be still selling Japanese kit. If yes, then they are dependable.
Old 17th February 2016, 15:43   #4301
Distinguished - BHPian

I have to withdraw my recommendations for Sharp and their Chennai customer service. We are still waiting for the guys to get and fix a replacement motor. Because the thing works, we forget to hassle them, but still, the need is there.

Next time, I will try Panasonic. That was going to be this Spring, but after the considerable expenses caused by the flood, I will have to eek out another year from our old Samsung, even if that means another gas fill and putting up with it's now-very-noisy indoor motor.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 17th February 2016 at 15:46.
Old 18th February 2016, 09:41   #4302
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSD View Post
In two minds now whether to go for better product or "ok product" with good service.
Have you looked at Sharp (in the same league as Daikin and Hitachi) or Panasonic (not so great but far better than LG).
Old 18th February 2016, 11:19   #4303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Have you looked at Sharp (in the same league as Daikin and Hitachi) or Panasonic (not so great but far better than LG).
No, haven't looked at Sharp as yet, but thanks for the suggestion will check it out.
Old 18th February 2016, 16:11   #4304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSD View Post
No, haven't looked at Sharp as yet ...
Please read back three posts. When I bought it, I couldn't have been happier with the AC or the guys who installed it. Now... not so much.
Old 21st February 2016, 19:02   #4305
BHPian

Team, need a 2 ton split AC for my bedroom. (4 or 5 stars)

Reading the current reviews, have not considered Daiken, Hitachi and Sharp.

General and Mitsubishi are currently shortlisted. Anyone has any reviews of Mitsubishi AC's?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks