Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2012, 10:47   #2791
BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

LG Tops our list, we have 3 window AC’s and the first among them was bought in 2006, this one recently developed some issues after 6 years, I had to spend a total of Rs 3000/- for a Gas refill and the display changed, the service experience was prompt and professional, the AC is as good as new now and I feel will last another 5-6 years without issues, all it needs is a yearly check which cost about Rs 400/- I believe.
Old 27th October 2012, 23:11   #2792
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all, for the valuable suggestions. Decided to go for Panasonic silver, inverter.
Old 30th October 2012, 21:24   #2793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Thank you all, for the valuable suggestions. Decided to go for Panasonic silver, inverter.
Got it installed today.
The home / office air-conditioner thread-untitled1.jpg
Looks clean, no display on the panel.
The home / office air-conditioner thread-untitled.jpg
Remote looks basic, but does the job.
Old 3rd November 2012, 07:45   #2794
BHPian

Hi everyone, I am planning to pickup a split unit, think the rates might be on the lower side with some attractive discounts at this time of the year, and need one anyway before finishing up the walls. a few queries for the experts and your recommendation will be highly useful.

1. Which brand is better to go for between Panasonic, General and Carrier for a split unit, the room size is ~20x12, so think a 2 T invertor model should be ok? Also the adjoining dining area is ~ 9x14, so will need another unit there. or I can think of 2 x 1.5T units placed such to cool the entire area. Need to have separate units so we can operate them independently as needed in each area. some leakage is expected but plan to handle it with heavy curtains separating the drawing and dining rooms.

2. General, I hear the ones sourced from Delhi grey market are better than the ones available with Bill? Is there a technological difference between them (Reciprocating Vs Rotary Vs Inverter) and how reliable are these?
Old 3rd November 2012, 23:27   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz
Hi everyone, I am planning to pickup a split unit, think the rates might be on the lower side with some attractive discounts at this time of the year, and need one anyway before finishing up the walls. a few queries for the experts and your recommendation will be highly useful.

1. Which brand is better to go for between Panasonic, General and Carrier for a split unit, the room size is ~20x12, so think a 2 T invertor model should be ok? Also the adjoining dining area is ~ 9x14, so will need another unit there. or I can think of 2 x 1.5T units placed such to cool the entire area. Need to have separate units so we can operate them independently as needed in each area. some leakage is expected but plan to handle it with heavy curtains separating the drawing and dining rooms.

2. General, I hear the ones sourced from Delhi grey market are better than the ones available with Bill? Is there a technological difference between them (Reciprocating Vs Rotary Vs Inverter) and how reliable are these?
Hi if you can afford an O general then nothing like it. It's the best and nothing can come close to it.

I prefer Onida Ac as I have been with the brand for the last 6 years and have bought 5 Ac's from them and they are performing well in the chennai climate even today!

Suggest you pick an Ac with bill as your compressor will be covered for 5 years in warranty.
Old 7th December 2012, 09:54   #2796
BANNED

Sorry to put this up again.

A member had posted the General Inverter Range Catalog for R410 units. I am unable to find it, and also the General Site is blank on Inverters. I need to buy a 1.5-2.0 TR Split Unit. Is their ASGA18JC/ AO18JR combo R410.

Looks like it will be General, Daikin or Panasonic. Please post the catalog or the post where it is.

Thanks.
Old 8th December 2012, 21:25   #2797
BHPian

Planning to buy a Window Ac have shortlisted two companies Voltas & General. Capacity 1 or 1.2 max tonn.

Already have Hitachi and Samsung (both window) at home, not really satisfied with their performance. Samsung AC is the worst till date , Hitachi window AC has alot of noice.

Would appreciate inputs.

BR

Amit
Old 8th December 2012, 22:25   #2798
BHPian

General is the best! Nothing to beat it but of course comes with a massive price. Am using Onida window and split AC for the last 4+ years and still works like a charm. I don't find it noisy either. Check it out before you buy a Voltas.
Old 8th December 2012, 22:31   #2799
Senior - BHPian

IIRC all General Inverters have R410 by default, only Daikin offers a choice between R22 & R410.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

A member had posted the General Inverter Range Catalog for R410 units. I am unable to find it, and also the General Site is blank on Inverters. I need to buy a 1.5-2.0 TR Split Unit. Is their ASGA18JC/ AO18JR combo R410.

Looks like it will be General, Daikin or Panasonic. Please post the catalog or the post where it is.

Thanks.

For window units General and Whirlpool are excellent machines, straggling the two ends of the price spectrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Planning to buy a Window Ac have shortlisted two companies Voltas & General. Capacity 1 or 1.2 max tonn.

Already have Hitachi and Samsung (both window) at home, not really satisfied with their performance. Samsung AC is the worst till date , Hitachi window AC has alot of noice.

Would appreciate inputs.

BR

Amit
Old 9th December 2012, 02:06   #2800
BHPian

Inverter AC - comparison between Videocon vs Sharp vs Daikin

I have 3 split AC at the moment and 2 windows AC, I am renovating my house and getting rid of windows ACs as they are installed at ground level.

I have 2 Hitachi units - one window AC and one 5 star split, hated the support for Hitachi esp. when I got the window AC - horrible experience at Noida. Split never gave a problem and also it was bought from Reliance and they were to provide support.

I have 1 split LG - very problematic, every year extra cost fo gas filling and find the leakage spot exercise. Window LG had been superb.

I have one 2 ton 4 star Whirlpool - not used much so no complaints.

I am trying to get rid of LG split and both window ACs. So in my new house at Hyderabad - in-total require about 6 new AC - 5 nos. 1.5 ton and 1 nos 1 ton AC - all splits. I am little technically inclined and also suffer from sinus and allergy from dust mites etc. so thought of inverter AC with ionsier etc.

AC shortlisted - Sharp inverter AC for rooms where heavy usage is expected - master bedroom, TV room and kids room and non inverter for other rooms. deal that I got is approx 45k for 1.5 ton inverter, 33k for 1.1 ton and 30k for 3 star 1.5 ton non-inverter model - all with their plasma ion etc tech. inverter AC is with 410A gas

I also looked around Daikin - lil expensive then Sharp but I hope established support network is worth it though dealer exp is not encouraging during sales cycle

Toshiba inverter - multiple calls etc, finally a visit but dealer seemed more keen to sell Carrier then Toshiba - saying its all high end etc and 55k approx for 1.5 inverter. Never reverted back with the quote or right specifications.

I also found out that Videocon 1.5 ton inverter with heat pump is available for 37k which I think is nice price with ionizer etc. My head says go for Videocon inverter for all new ACs, and my heart says - go for Sharp - inverter for heavy use areas and non-inverter for other areas.

Any recommendations from gurus and users of these brands. I am not considering, Toshiba, Hitachi at the moment.

Regards

Vivek

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 9th December 2012 at 02:08.
Old 9th December 2012, 09:41   #2801
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
That was me. I had deleted the pdf file from my hdd. But if you search in this thread sometime during Feb/Mar 2012, you can find it in one of my posts.

I ended up buying a Daikin Inverter with the old refrigant in Mar 2012.
Old 9th December 2012, 09:51   #2802
BANNED

Ordered the Daikin FTKS60F (R410A, Inverter) yesterday. Total damages 57k incl installation. I went to the shop (biggest in Kanpur) which I have patronised exclusively since 1999. He is the service centre for Daikin, General & Panasonic amongst others. Does not deal in Sharp. He advised that for R410A he will prefer Daikin in preference to General (incidentally about Rs.500 costlier) and definitely not Panasonic.

It was to come on Monday, but the unit in stock turned out to have some problem (damaged?) and they have ordered and are expecting a fresh one on Monday (Daikin regional office is in Lucknow). So delivery is now likely on Tuesday /Wednesday and then installation the same or the following day.

Last edited by sgiitk : 9th December 2012 at 09:55.
Old 9th December 2012, 17:26   #2803
BHPian

Any feedback on Videocon inverter ACs, they are available for quite a competitive price of 37k 1.5 ton and includes the heat pump i.e. both heating and cooling.

Regards

Vivek
Old 9th December 2012, 18:10   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Ordered the Daikin FTKS60F (R410A, Inverter) yesterday.
As I understand, R410A is environment friendly compared to R-22 and in a few years time R-22 usage will be stopped around the world.
But is it technically better in cooling efficiency, power-consumption, etc?
In other words, is it worth it to pay more for this gas now?
Old 10th December 2012, 09:34   #2805
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
As I understand, R410A is environment friendly compared to R-22 and in a few years time R-22 usage will be stopped around the world.
But is it technically better in cooling efficiency, power-consumption, etc?
In other words, is it worth it to pay more for this gas now?
R22 manufacture will stop in 2015. Unlike Window units splits may need topping up during their life cycle. R410A needs a higher head pressure and gas flow for the same cooling. One difference in the quest for better efficiency is that the expansion valve iss now on the Indoor Unit (the gas tubing specs say Liquid, and Gas, and liquid is what goes into the evaporator). Thus even though the gas flows and pressure are higher the heat gain in the pipe to the evaporator is reduced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks