Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2014, 13:37   #3541
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
All I can say is that my son's Samsung Split needed three condensers (Al) in four years in Manipal.
Hmmm . Bad news, but thanks anyway.

Could a regular spray of WD40 help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Got this in facebook
Hee Hee... I've seen this done with lightbulbs and toilet cubicles, and even that made me laugh --- but this is ridiculous. That AC is probably ineffective in both rooms.
Old 24th May 2014, 13:47   #3542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Got this in facebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
.... That AC is probably ineffective in both rooms.
Hmm, I do think it will work quite well!
If it does not have to handle cruel summer conditions it should do the job, as expected by the owner.
Old 24th May 2014, 14:15   #3543
BHPian

We bought a Voltas 183CYe Split - 3 star couple of days back. Cost us around 31.5K including stabilizer, installation and stand.
The cooling is good for our room of 12*14 though the external unit is very noisy and also it is installed not much far away from the room windows so some noise also filters inside the room which is a bit bothering.
I would advise all to take this into consideration while installing a Split AC that the external unit should be installed as far as possible if its noisy.
Old 24th May 2014, 18:42   #3544
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Could a regular spray of WD40 help?
Better get a unit with Copper condensers. I have reports of the same issue from NCR on this forum.
Old 28th May 2014, 12:46   #3545
Senior - BHPian

Got Daikin's 1.5 ton inverter split AC delivered today at the shop, FTKP series with R-32 refrigerant. This was booked through snapdeal.

Called up Daikin customer care to book the installation, lets see when they arrive.
Old 29th May 2014, 11:38   #3546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Got Daikin's 1.5 ton inverter split AC delivered today at the shop, FTKP series with R-32 refrigerant. This was booked through snapdeal.

Called up Daikin customer care to book the installation, lets see when they arrive.
Cool. The R-32 models are assembled in India, unlike the rest which are all imported.

Do let us know if the external unit is silent. Generally there should be zero vibration. Just a whirr mild sound from the external unit.
Old 30th May 2014, 00:06   #3547
BHPian

Friends, what is the tonnage requried for a 11*15 Size room? I have a OGeneral 1Ton for a 10*10 and finding it over capacity for this size. (Getting cooled very fast and operating at 30Deg Cel in the night is more than enough cooling)

Hence can I go with 1Ton for this 11*15 also? Room is on ground floor and has one more floor and not a terrace. Windows are in South and West side approx 4*4 windows.
Old 30th May 2014, 01:29   #3548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Cool. The R-32 models are assembled in India, unlike the rest which are all imported.

Do let us know if the external unit is silent. Generally there should be zero vibration. Just a whirr mild sound from the external unit.
What makes you think there should be zero vibration?

My experience with R32 model is not what you expect as far as ODU is concerned. Its a non-invertor though, but a 3 star.

Last edited by tush : 30th May 2014 at 01:32.
Old 30th May 2014, 11:26   #3549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Getting cooled very fast and operating at 30Deg Cel in the night is more than enough cooling)

Hence can I go with 1Ton for this 11*15 also?
1 ton is more than sufficient.

On your General air conditioner, something is very wrong with the thermostat, or the information on the digital display and you might want to get it checked. It can't cool much at a setting of 30 degrees.
Old 30th May 2014, 13:03   #3550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post

My experience with R32 model is not what you expect as far as ODU is concerned. Its a non-invertor though, but a 3 star.
Because I own a Daikin 1.8T 410a Inverter model. The vibration on the external unit is akin to the vibration from a Refrigerator.

R32 does have inverter models, didn't get what you meant. Do you mean you own an R32 non inverter model ?
Old 30th May 2014, 13:13   #3551
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Inverter models behave how he has said. Non inverters are much louder like your AC. Even mine makes a bit of a racket now, luckily its still dead silent inside.
Old 30th May 2014, 14:37   #3552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Because I own a Daikin 1.8T 410a Inverter model. The vibration on the external unit is akin to the vibration from a Refrigerator.

R32 does have inverter models, didn't get what you meant. Do you mean you own an R32 non inverter model ?
Its not an inverter AC.

My parents bedroom size is around 125-130 sq ft excluding furniture. With furniture the carpet area is less. This 1 ton R32 Dakin model purchased a month back isn't cooling the room efficiently. If set at 24 during mid afternoon when the outside temp was 37-38, it takes for ever to cool up to 26 forget 24. There is no direct sunlight but its a top floor.

Daikin engineer checked the grill temp of IDU and it comes to around 8°C which he says means the AC is working just fine.

What grill temp does your 1 ton AC show bhpians? Any insight into the same would help me with this concern of cooling.
Old 30th May 2014, 16:06   #3553
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Its not an inverter AC.

My parents bedroom size is around 125-130 sq ft excluding furniture. With furniture the carpet area is less. This 1 ton R32 Dakin model purchased a month back isn't cooling the room efficiently. If set at 24 during mid afternoon when the outside temp was 37-38, it takes for ever to cool up to 26 forget 24. There is no direct sunlight but its a top floor.
I think your a/c is working fine. You have top floor (roof facing sun?) and outside is 38 and yet a/c is able to bring it down to 26-27 (about 11 degrees cooler then normal) then a/c is performing good. IMO, use the ceiling fans in day time, in night time it should be cool enough If you want more cool, upgrade to higher model which may not be good in the night and rainy days as it will reduce less moisture and will trip for long time.
Old 30th May 2014, 20:10   #3554
BHPian

My cousin in pune ordered Onida 1 Ton 3 Star SPLIT AC from snapdeal.com. Order arrived on 5th day, COD and installation finished on same day by Onida technicians. His AC was operational by 11 pm.

He spent approx 26,000 including installation charges. That's a very good price for a 1 ton split AC of 3 star rating.

Few days ago his first electric bill came after AC. A total of 120 units were consumed by AC. He runs AC at 26ºC for 12 hrs a day.
Old 31st May 2014, 09:05   #3555
Senior - BHPian

Please watch out for these blacklisted models when you go shopping for an Air conditioner.

The home / office air-conditioner thread-31_05_2014_019_002.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks