Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2017, 07:02   #5041
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1 / 1.5 ton Inverter AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSideDown View Post
I too have been eyeing this model from amazon. Please do let us know your delivery and installation experience. Also please share your initial usage experience.
The units were delivered day before yesterday. Installation guy was supposed to come yesterday but didn't. We are currently following up with Amazon customer care.
Old 1st April 2017, 19:44   #5042
BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Purchased Daikin 1 Ton inverter AC ATKP35SRV16 today for 39800. Will get the installation done by Monday. The dealer told me the AC would consume about 4 - 5 units per day with 8 hrs operation. Is this correct? What should be the optimal set point temperature so that the AC works at its best?

The dealer also told me Daikin has stopped manufacturing 0.75 Ton Inverter AC.
Old 2nd April 2017, 07:21   #5043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
....The dealer told me the AC would consume about 4 - 5 units per day with 8 hrs operation. Is this correct? .....
No one can answer this question correctly for you. Each installation (the room size & its heat load) is unique and the power consumption can vary very widely.

Anyway, this is something that is not under your control; stop worrying about it and enjoy your AC.
Old 2nd April 2017, 07:32   #5044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
I am planning to install 2 ACs with 1 Tonne capacity each for 2 rooms(Ground Floor and First Floor) in my house(Bangalore)
Install 1.2 tonnes and above for the top floor. 1 tonne will not cut it in the summer months in Bangalore.
Old 3rd April 2017, 21:29   #5045
BHPian

Small review of Voltas 125 ey 1-ton split ac.

Ordered the AC through Amazon on April 1st. MRP was 28k. Scheduled the delivery for April 3rd morning. It was promptly delivered at 8.30am today morning. Called up Voltas customer care for an installation and they arrived on the same day at 3pm.
Very professional, they were in and out in 2 hours. Didn't ask for anything extra. Paid 1.5k for the installation and 2.2k for a Voltas voltage stabilizer.

With regards to the room, it's on the topmost floor of the house and of late, I was feeling the sweltering heat. It's a 10x12x10 room with 15sq feet of east facing windows. The east and north walls, along with the roof gets direct sunlight.

The AC looks sweet, I picked up the wine red colour! It's a non-inverter, 5* rated 1-ton AC. Switch on turbo mode and its slightly less noisy than my ceiling fan running at full speed. It managed to cool the room from 33° to 24° in under half an hour. I'm not sure about the performance of other ACs, this being the first one I've ever purchased but I'm quite happy with the result.
I'll be using this only for 2-3 months in a year, for about 5-6 hours per day. It's definitely good enough to cool average sized rooms, even if it's on the topmost floor during bangalore summers. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good AC for under 30k
Old 4th April 2017, 07:55   #5046
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to buy a 2 ton AC for my hall as it's pretty large. I have a basic confusion. Is it better to buy a 5 star normal AC or a 3 star inverter AC? I understand that an inverter AC provides better and more uniform cooling but what about the energy consumption in this case or maintenance? 3 star inverter AC costs much more than 5 star normal AC. Is it worth the investment?
Also, what is the feedback about bluestar?

Last edited by adimicra : 4th April 2017 at 08:04.
Old 4th April 2017, 09:02   #5047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Is it better to buy a 5 star normal AC or a 3 star inverter AC?
I think for your hall you can opt for the 5 star one while a bedroom is a good candidate for an inverter ac for better sleep quality.
Old 4th April 2017, 10:25   #5048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Install 1.2 tonnes and above for the top floor. 1 tonne will not cut it in the summer months in Bangalore.
Thanks DrPullockaran. Will plan the same

Can the experts here help in terms of energy meter load requirements? Will 5 KW suffice or should I increase the load to say 7.5 KW?
Old 4th April 2017, 11:34   #5049
BHPian

Purchased 2 units of Panasonic 1T split A/C from Reliance digital. Few details are as below:
Model : Panasonic KC12SKY3
1T, Split A/C, 3-star energy rating
Price : Rs 29000 with standard installation free worth Rs 1500
Features : Anti - corrosive material, 100% Copper tubing, 2.5 PM filter, Catechin filter (bacteria killer)

It is yet to be installed. I will update in its performance shortly.
Old 4th April 2017, 12:07   #5050
BHPian

Noob question around installing the outdoor a/c unit.
This is for a 1 Ton model where the external unit weighs approximately 12kgs.

Unfortunately I do not have a ledge anywhere in proximity where the outdoor unit can be installed. Since its a high rise its not possible to drill on the adjacent wall as there is no footing to stand and do the job.

Given this is it a terrible idea to get a pre-fabricated hook on type of stand so that you can hang the stand-unit off a balcony railing ?
(I can get it welded in place so that it does not fall off..)

It would be on the side railing of the Balcony.

Something like this
The home / office air-conditioner thread-acstand.jpg

Note: The other alternate is to hang it from the ceiling inside the balcony, but the stand idea would not occupy any space on the inside of the balcony.
Old 4th April 2017, 12:29   #5051
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
It is time to get my ac serviced and ready for summer. It is a Hitachi split ac.

Last year, the technician cleaned the IDU internals with a wet tooth brush, washed the grill, filters. However, he simply poured some water over the ODU and said that's it. Servicing done!

Before calling the Hitachi guys this year, want to understand if the wet service includes removing the cover of the ODU, washing the compressor, fins etc or just pouring water on the ODU?
ODU cleaning can be DIY if it is easily accessible. Just ensure that the main power to the AC is off and take a hose pipe and direct a jet of water at the fins on the outside and the inside fins through the fan outlet. Once you are happy with the cleaning, let the ODU dry for a few hours(I typically leave it for a day) and then turn on the power and use the AC.

Been doing this for our LG AC for past 4 years
Old 4th April 2017, 13:23   #5052
BHPian

I have one basic query regarding the usage of AC. Last year I have installed Mitsubishi AC in both the bedrooms. They have been working fine. But one day, i just used both AC and ceiling fan and found that the cooling was uniform with the ceiling fan (compared to just using an AC).
Then i googled to see whether there are any advantages/disadvantages of using this setup, but i did not find any definitive answer for one way or the other. So, i am asking the experts here to throw some light on this.
Old 4th April 2017, 14:17   #5053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Given this is it a terrible idea to get a pre-fabricated hook on type of stand so that you can hang the stand-unit off a balcony railing ?
(I can get it welded in place so that it does not fall off..)
Well, yes, you could get it welded. Maybe you could even bolt it to existing steel work?

You will need to provide plates to bolt the AC unit to: do not let it just sit.

Design and fix this thing with a cyclone in mind: You owe that to people passing underneath! Of course... you do not want to loose your machine either.
Old 4th April 2017, 18:39   #5054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Last year I have installed Mitsubishi AC in both the bedrooms. They have been working fine. But one day, i just used both AC and ceiling fan and found that the cooling was uniform with the ceiling fan (compared to just using an AC).
First of I hope you have bought the Mitsu Heavy Industries instead of the Mitsu Electricals ltd. They are worlds apart in longevity. I had bought 16 in all of both brands for the college and the cooling and quality of Heavy Industries is much much better. Now coming to your query. It is unhealthy to have the air draft directed directly at you but in the sweltering heat if you want cool air there is no doubt you will have it full blast at your body. The way I use it is full blast in turbo mode without ceiling fan for the first 10 minutes. Turbo mode cuts off automatically in the Mitsu after 10 minutes or there about. Once the bed is sufficiently cool I switch on the ceiling fan. Temp cut off at 26 degrees is the temp most comfortable for humans at rest and at about 24 degrees when working out or coming back from a work out. You can get colder drafts but that is inviting a bout of cough and cold to those who are susceptible. The fan will give uniform cooling through out the room at the expense of electricity since the ac will have to work harder to cool the ceiling too. It will take longer time to reach the set temps with the ceiling fan switched on.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 4th April 2017 at 18:42.
Old 4th April 2017, 20:03   #5055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
First of I hope you have bought the Mitsu Heavy Industries instead of the Mitsu Electricals ltd. They are worlds apart in longevity.
Hi Thanks for your response.
Mine are from Mitsubishi Electric and not the other one. When I brought it, i was not aware of this. Having said that, i am quite happy with its performance so far (though it has just been one year old).
Coming to the point, even my usage is somewhat similiar to what you have mentioned. When i switch on, i keep it for full blast for about 10mins. Then switch it back to 24. And now with ceiling fan running, it is quite a pleasant cooling experience compared to last year .
And I am okay to use it this way, even if it costs a bit more on the power bill.

Thanks again for your inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks