Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2017, 08:49   #5011
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 1 / 1.5 ton Inverter AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I want to buy a 1/1.5 ton inverter AC. Room size is 12 X 12 , so was wondering if 1 ton is sufficient? A brand having a good reputation in one city may not have a good reputation in other city when it comes to service. So people in Bangalore who have installed AC from the above mentioned brand can kindly recommend.

Thanks in advance
For 12x12, personally, 1 tonne will do, some might suggest 1.5, so I don't quite know. It all depends on whether you want the air to simply fall on you and cool you up, or if you want the entire room to be ice-cold (which isnt healthy, really). Bangalore hardly has a summer anyway and inside the house its easy to cool within no time unlike humid cities.

I have a Panasonic 2-tonne, 1.5 years so far and its been trouble free, hardly maintained outside of the 3 free clean-ups and though it has its kinks sometimes (a.c fails to acknowledge remote inputs), it didn't require much attention and has worked out well enough for the money. Service is efficient & the person who installed the aircon (seems he installs 2-3 units per day, corporates included) had only good things to speak of Panasonic and his ratings are General > Daikin > Panasonic. Take your call.
Old 28th March 2017, 09:14   #5012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hi All,

We are getting a good deal on Samsung 1.5Ton inverter AC ar18mv3hewk at 36K . How is the feedback for Samsung ACs?

Similar models from Daikin and Carrier are costing upwards of 44K ?
You can look at Carrier Superia 1.5T inverter ac. I got it from Paytm. the listed price was 42xxx, I got a 6k cashback so effective price was 36xxx. Working fine so far. It cools very well even at 25 deg, but I felt the AC blower noise is high at the highest speed setting. Negligible sound at low blower speeds.
There was an offer on shopclues a while back for LG dual inverter 1.5 ton aluminium condenser for 29999/-. If you are looking at Samsung, LG is not far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Getting a Carrier 1.5 ton Superia split Ac installed tomorrow. Couldn't find any information on what gas it uses. Any clues ?
It uses R410A. All carrier's inverter models use R410A. But their 1 ton non inverter ones use R22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Most of the split AC models of Voltas, Carrier, Bluestar, LG, Samsung have R-22 only. In addition most of LG and Samsung models have Aluminum condensers. Very few models have R410a as refrigerant gas.
\
All inverter AC models of Carrier use R410A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I want to buy a 1/1.5 ton inverter AC. Room size is 12 X 12 , so was wondering if 1 ton is sufficient?

Now, need suggestions on the brand. Have shortlisted carrier,daiken,toshiba,hitachi,mitsubishi,blue star,panasonic.

Main requirements are

-> Inverter AC with 4/5* rating
-> Good installation and ASS in Bangalore
-> Trouble free running
-> Silent operation

A brand having a good reputation in one city may not have a good reputation in other city when it comes to service. So people in Bangalore who have installed AC from the above mentioned brand can kindly recommend.

Thanks in advance
For 140 sq ft, top floor, I have installed 1.5T inverter. I feel for you, upto 1.2 T is ok. Inverter ac with 5 Star is a bit rare these days. Most of LG/Samsung /Voltas are 3 star inverter models. If you need silent operation, guess the best to go is Daikin. The carrier I have is not silent, but cools effectively.

Last edited by hrman : 28th March 2017 at 09:18.
Old 28th March 2017, 10:14   #5013
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post

For 140 sq ft, top floor, I have installed 1.5T inverter. I feel for you, upto 1.2 T is ok. Inverter ac with 5 Star is a bit rare these days. Most of LG/Samsung /Voltas are 3 star inverter models. If you need silent operation, guess the best to go is Daikin. The carrier I have is not silent, but cools effectively.
Yes, silent operation is needed. Will check out Daikin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
For 12x12, personally, 1 tonne will do, some might suggest 1.5, so I don't quite know. It all depends on whether you want the air to simply fall on you and cool you up, or if you want the entire room to be ice-cold (which isnt healthy, really). Bangalore hardly has a summer anyway and inside the house its easy to cool within no time unlike humid cities.

I have a Panasonic 2-tonne, 1.5 years so far and its been trouble free, hardly maintained outside of the 3 free clean-ups and though it has its kinks sometimes (a.c fails to acknowledge remote inputs), it didn't require much attention and has worked out well enough for the money. Service is efficient & the person who installed the aircon (seems he installs 2-3 units per day, corporates included) had only good things to speak of Panasonic and his ratings are General > Daikin > Panasonic. Take your call.
I feel 1 ton is sufficient since the sunlight does not hit the room's wall directly. Good to hear that you are happy with Panasonic. Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 10:40   #5014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can look at Carrier Superia 1.5T inverter ac. I got it from Paytm. the listed price was 42xxx, I got a 6k cashback so effective price was 36xxx. Working fine so far. It cools very well even at 25 deg
Hi All,

Purchased two units yesterday. Item has been shipped and expected to be delivered before 31st March.

Carrier Esko 18K Split AC (1.5 Ton, 5 Star Rating, White, Copper) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01BM7DM3Q/..._0-E2ybMDAYZ5B

Last edited by F150 : 28th March 2017 at 10:41.
Old 28th March 2017, 16:48   #5015
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It uses R410A. All carrier's inverter models use R410A. But their 1 ton non inverter ones use R22.
All inverter AC models of Carrier use R410A.
As already stated above, if companies like Mitashi, Hyundai can give R410a in all their models ( inverter/non inverter) along with copper condenser. May be these companies providing thinner copper, but refrigerant?

what's preventing the companies like LG, Samsung (entire range is Aluminum condensers).

Even all godrej models have R410a. Godrej even have models with R290. I think it is only company in India selling R290 refrigerant AC's with 10 year warranty on condenser and 5 years on compressor

Anyone has first hand experience of Hyundai AC
Old 29th March 2017, 11:35   #5016
BHPian

Hello folks,

Can anyone share any experience for or against this particular Videocon AC 1.5 Tonnes, 5 star at "24994" INR at Croma?

Also, How are Croma branded ACs again at similar price point (after coupon code that gives 3000 off)
Croma 1.5 tonne, 3 star Copper - AC @ 25990

Thanks,

Ace.
Old 29th March 2017, 14:36   #5017
BANNED

@RKG; Is R290 like what Daikin is doing? basically taking R410a and removing some of the fire repellant. Making a unit for a spec other that R22 or R410 is really not on. I expect something similar to the Daikin trick of stripping out the anti-fire stuff from R410a and relabelling it as R322 or something.

My issue is, if there is some really different stuff then spares / replacement of the gas may become prohibitively expensive.
Old 29th March 2017, 15:43   #5018
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@RKG; Is R290 like what Daikin is doing? basically taking R410a and removing some of the fire repellant. Making a unit for a spec other that R22 or R410 is really not on. I expect something similar to the Daikin trick of stripping out the anti-fire stuff from R410a and relabelling it as R322 or something.

My issue is, if there is some really different stuff then spares / replacement of the gas may become prohibitively expensive.
https://www.bijlibachao.com/air-cond...igerators.html
Old 29th March 2017, 21:59   #5019
Senior - BHPian

The average Joe does not give a damn which refrigerant is in use in a machine before making his buying decision. Get real.
Old 29th March 2017, 22:54   #5020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
The average Joe does not give a damn which refrigerant is in use in a machine before making his buying decision. Get real.
Tough but true? In many ways yes, but not in all.

We Mr Averages all care a bit, but not for the "right" reasons. It is not the ozone layer that bothers us so much as having an AC that we we can't get gas refill for in a few years

<Blush>
Old 30th March 2017, 11:03   #5021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hi All,

Purchased two units yesterday. Item has been shipped and expected to be delivered before 31st March.

Carrier Esko 18K Split AC (1.5 Ton, 5 Star Rating, White, Copper) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01BM7DM3Q/..._0-E2ybMDAYZ5B
I too have been eyeing this model from amazon. Please do let us know your delivery and installation experience. Also please share your initial usage experience.
Old 30th March 2017, 12:01   #5022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSideDown View Post
I too have been eyeing this model from amazon. Please do let us know your delivery and installation experience. Also please share your initial usage experience.
I just got a 1.5 ton Carrier Superia 5 star split installed few days back. It has all functions required, cooling is great. Installation was also good.
Old 30th March 2017, 12:24   #5023
Senior - BHPian

I am not in the market yet, but I am curious to know how can I install a split AC in my bedroom on the 6th floor , with only one window, and without a terrace or any other supporting platform nearby ? If it is to be supported by angles, how would the installation guy even get there, given the window is barricaded by a heavy grille and its quite dangerous anyway. I am a complete novice to this, so tried checking if anyone else in my apartment had ODU's hanging around, but found none. A couple of them had it on their terraces, if attached to the bedroom. Or do cases like me only require a window AC to be installed ?

Quick googling threw up images like these, which arent very encouraging..

The home / office air-conditioner thread-article0023a7cff000005dc37_468x368.jpg

Last edited by sajo : 30th March 2017 at 12:28. Reason: Corrected typo.
Old 30th March 2017, 12:41   #5024
BHPian

Hello all,

Have a query.

Currently I have a Luminous 1050 model inverter + battery setup at home. I have installed a 1-ton LG split AC in my parents' room. I am looking to install another AC in my room now.

The issue is, during the rare instances when both the hot water geysers have been turned on at the same time, the power situation tends to be unstable and the supply has been tripped. I am worried something similar will happen if I install another AC and both of them are turned on at the same time.

Is there anyone here running two split-ACs at home with a UPS inverter?
Old 30th March 2017, 13:13   #5025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
Hello all,

Have a query.

Currently I have a Luminous 1050 model inverter + battery setup at home. I have installed a 1-ton LG split AC in my parents' room. I am looking to install another AC in my room now.

The issue is, during the rare instances when both the hot water geysers have been turned on at the same time, the power situation tends to be unstable and the supply has been tripped. I am worried something similar will happen if I install another AC and both of them are turned on at the same time.

Is there anyone here running two split-ACs at home with a UPS inverter?
UPS is for lighting circuit. AC will be drawing power from Heating circuit(Also called AEH) . So will be the geysers.

The supply getting tripped is because you are exceeding the max load of 3 KW for the single phase meter. It is the MCB that is getting tripped. This is because the combined load of 2 geysers + AC + Lighting is greater than 3KW

You have two options-

1. Get a 3 phase connection to your house for 5KW and above draw requirement

2. Change the MCB and RCCB(if equipped) to a higher rating.This however is not recommended if the electric meter is digital type which displays the max load drawn. The electricity board will impose a penalty when they see that you are drawing more than 3 KW of power. If the meter is old rotary spindle type they you are lucky.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks