Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2018, 02:43   #5761
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
I know on paper Blue Star looks like a great deal. .
It is. I would put my money on a product that extends the warranty well beyond the usual compressor. It is another indicator that they are supporting the product long term as well as a hint that things should ideally not go wrong. Confidence in the product too.

Blue Star service isn't in the league of LG for sure. They are okay and the service network is huge.

The focus of their business is indeed commercial. They have not ignored the home sector though. In fact, I think the have expanded more into the home sector. Compare their product listing from 10 years ago. It was probably limited to 3 models each in Window and Split. Today, the product list is huge for Window and Small Capacity Splits for home and office.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 2nd May 2018 at 02:47.
Old 2nd May 2018, 17:51   #5762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The focus of their business is indeed commercial. They have not ignored the home sector though. ... ... ...
Thanks for the update. Their products do look interesting.

Our hall second-hand mix'n'match failed again last week. I was actually dreaming new AC! and could even afford one just now, but our local man (who supplied it) reported that some refridgerant filter was clogged and fixed it in a few minutes. Well... the longer it lasts the better. Looking forward to increased reliability and longer warranties on inverter machines in a year (or even two)! Although it is going to be hard to convince wife to let me buy inverter!
Old 2nd May 2018, 20:02   #5763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
...But what I want to know is how does Blue Star as a brand fair against the likes of Daikin & Hitachi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Blue Star service isn't in the league of LG for sure. They are okay and the service network is huge.
I've been using a Blue Star 1.5T window unit for the past year without any issues.

I've called for service only once - routine filter cleaning - and their response was very prompt.

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 2nd May 2018 at 20:03.
Old 2nd May 2018, 20:23   #5764
BHPian

I too own a 2017 bluestar split AC, which is five star rated and use R32 gas. It's provide good cooling and pretty satisfied with blue star support. I do have Panasonic, LG and Samsung and have to say cooling wise bluestar exceeds where in Panasonic do have more features. Bluestar do have an mobile application though which you can raise a service request . In cochin their support team is really good not sure about other locations.
Old 2nd May 2018, 20:53   #5765
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs guys. So Blue Star it is. Will buy it on the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgun View Post
I too own a 2017 bluestar split AC, which is five star rated and use R32 gas. It's provide good cooling and pretty satisfied with blue star support. I do have Panasonic, LG and Samsung and have to say cooling wise bluestar exceeds where in Panasonic do have more features. Bluestar do have an mobile application though which you can raise a service request . In cochin their support team is really good not sure about other locations.

While going through the specifications I realised that it's supposed to be better when it comes to cooling than the Daikin I just bought since the cooling capacity of Daikin is 5200 while the same for Blue Star is 5400. Also this one is a 5 star model as compared to Daikin which is a 3 Star. Also Daikin has one year warranty as compared to 5 on Blue Star and Blue Star also has a temperature Display which is missing in Daikin. Overall very good package. Now I am feeling I should have looked for it before and should have got Blue Star instead of Daikin which I just bought.
Old 3rd May 2018, 08:27   #5766
Senior - BHPian

Can you share the bluestar model and price please?

I was reading about inverter ACs and it seems they can offer a faster cooling compared to similar capacity non-inverter ACs as they can work at higher capacity than the rated capacity. For example - Carrier 1.5 ton inverter ACs have cooling capacity from 2500W to 5900W (rated capacity 5300W). Carrier 2 ton NON-inverter AC have cooling capacity of 6200W. Is that true? If yes, then I might go for 2 1.5 TON inverter ACs for the hall rather than 1 1.5 and 1 2 ton AC. Hall size is approx 400 sft.

Also, what is the feedback on carrier and bluestar ACs? Are those preferred over brands like LG? I am also looking at LLoyd AC - good specifications and value for money. Voltas ACs seem to be cheaper but I am not hearing good feedback.
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:46   #5767
BANNED

As far as I am concerned the unit must support the latest refrigerants ie R410a. Most Splits need topping up in four to five years, so R22 is a big no. The 'best' are reputed to be General and Daikin. I understand that Panasonic are also quite close.
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:27   #5768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Most Splits need topping up in four to five years, so R22 is a big no.
SG, you've been saying this for years! May I inform you that this is India and R22 is freely available! LG's own technicians will do the job for you (just as an example)!

Last edited by anupmathur : 3rd May 2018 at 14:28.
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:00   #5769
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
SG, you've been saying this for years! May I inform you that this is India and R22 is freely available! LG's own technicians will do the job for you (just as an example)!
@anupmathur; R22 is being banned I think two years down the line. So I wish you luck. Now I am told even window units have started doing away with R22.
Old 3rd May 2018, 18:25   #5770
BHPian

As far as I know R32 is superior to R410a. But most inverter ac uses 410a where's as 5 star rated non inverter uses R32. Blue star non inverter I purchased comes with R32.

Last edited by speedgun : 3rd May 2018 at 18:52.
Old 3rd May 2018, 18:36   #5771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgun View Post
I far I know R32 is superior to R410a. But most inverter ac uses 410a where's as 5 star rated non inverter uses R32. Blue star non inverter I purchased comes with R32.
Indeed my understanding is also the same. R32 and R410a both have the same Ozone Depletion Potential (Zero), but the global warming potential of the later is higher. Companies are moving from the later to the former.
Regards
Old 3rd May 2018, 20:32   #5772
BHPian

Which home/office AC (air conditioner) to buy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Can you share the bluestar model and price please?

I was reading about inverter ACs and it seems they can offer a faster cooling compared to similar capacity non-inverter ACs as they can work at higher capacity than the rated capacity. For example - Carrier 1.5 ton inverter ACs have cooling capacity from 2500W to 5900W (rated capacity 5300W). Carrier 2 ton NON-inverter AC have cooling capacity of 6200W. Is that true? If yes, then I might go for 2 1.5 TON inverter ACs for the hall rather than 1 1.5 and 1 2 ton AC. Hall size is approx 400 sft.

Also, what is the feedback on carrier and bluestar ACs? Are those preferred over brands like LG? I am also looking at LLoyd AC - good specifications and value for money. Voltas ACs seem to be cheaper but I am not hearing good feedback.

Please find the details attached. From my limited knowledge General is supposed to be the best of the lot followed by Daikin. It's mentioned in the previous posts as well however General is very pricy and Daikin is very boring. I just bought one 2 weeks back. Like Daikin Blue Star also deals in commercial units. So supposed to be better than generic brands like whirlpool etc.

The home / office air-conditioner thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1525359657.414272.jpg

Last edited by nik0502 : 3rd May 2018 at 20:36.
Old 3rd May 2018, 22:36   #5773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
So YES the more electronics, the more chances of a large bill. Recently a few manufacturers have started including Electronics in their extended warranties. I hope that this trend will increase till all manufacturers include the Electronic components in a 3 to 7 year extended warranty.
So. Shall buy extended warranty for my Samsung Inverter AC from Flipkart subsidiary Jeeves ?

They are offer 2 year additional extended warranty on the manufacturer warranty, so will get 3 years in total.

Or shall buy a good Voltas stabilizer instead ?

Which good idea ?

Last edited by ampere : 3rd May 2018 at 22:42. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 4th May 2018, 00:12   #5774
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, I am unable to read the details regarding the model number from the pic above.

However, as I see in this thread, bluestar is having pretty good feedback. Anyone has experience with their service?
AS I am checking the prices, bluestar seems to be pretty expensive and at par with Daikin. In that case, doesn't it make sense to go for Daikin instead? I have a 1.8 TON Daikin AC in the hall of my current house and the cooling is fantastic and noise levels are very low.

Any feedback about Carrier? Seems to be in the same price range as LG.

Last edited by adimicra : 4th May 2018 at 00:16.
Old 4th May 2018, 00:18   #5775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Sorry, I am unable to read the details regarding the model number from the pic above.

However, as I see in this thread, bluestar is having pretty good feedback. Anyone has experience with their service?
AS I am checking the prices, bluestar seems to be pretty expensive and at par with Daikin. In that case, doesn't it make sense to go for Daikin instead? I have a 1.8 TON Daikin AC in the hall of my current house and the cooling is fantastic and noise levels are very low.

Any feedback about Carrier? Seems to be in the same price range as LG.
I would pick Daikin any day, over all the other brands you mentioned in your post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks