Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2018, 10:42   #5776
BANNED

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgun View Post
As far as I know R32 is superior to R410a. But most inverter ac uses 410a where's as 5 star rated non inverter uses R32. Blue star non inverter I purchased comes with R32.
R32 is specific also to Daikin. As far as I know R410 and 32 are about the same, with the former not having some inflammation retardants. As it happens both my Inverter units (Daikin & General) are R410a so I am not bothering.
Old 4th May 2018, 12:10   #5777

Are only inverter ACs subject to fire hazards ?
Can we prevent fire accidents in Inverter ACs with a stabilizer ?
Old 4th May 2018, 12:58   #5778
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddy View Post
No, the fire hazard is everywhere. Also, stabilizer has no role.
Old 4th May 2018, 13:39   #5779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddy View Post
Fire hazards are two fold

. One due to electrical faults - sparking. That can generally be prevented by following good installation practice along with recommended electricals (wires, switches and MCB's).

. Two due to the inflammable nature of refrigerant. The newest refrigerants (R-290 and R-600A) are based on propane and are highly inflammable. As they are most environment friendly they will slowly replace R410A, R-32 in AC's. Even R-32 is mildly inflamable, while R410A is not.
https://www.bijlibachao.com/air-cond...igerators.html
So leakage of refrigerant can cause fires if latest refrigerants are used.

https://www.danfoss.com/en/about-dan...ering-gwp/r32/

http://www.acr-news.com/daikin-to-di...-flammable-r32
Old 5th May 2018, 06:36   #5780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Sorry, I am unable to read the details regarding the model number from the pic above.

However, as I see in this thread, bluestar is having pretty good feedback. Anyone has experience with their service?
AS I am checking the prices, bluestar seems to be pretty expensive and at par with Daikin. In that case, doesn't it make sense to go for Daikin instead? I have a 1.8 TON Daikin AC in the hall of my current house and the cooling is fantastic and noise levels are very low.

Any feedback about Carrier? Seems to be in the same price range as LG.

The model number is 5CNHW18QATX. Yes it's expensive and is in the league of Daikin and Hitachi. But they are offering a five year warranty on the unit along with 10 year warranty on compressor. Where in Daikin is giving 1 year warranty on unit and 5 year warranty on compressor. That's the only reason Blue Star looks to be a great deal. Also Daikin costed me 40 K for 3 star model and Blue Star is 42 K for 5 Star model. It also has a display which is missing in Daikin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I would pick Daikin any day, over all the other brands you mentioned in your post.

Hey F 150

As mentioned above the warranty offered by Blue Star is what makes a good buy over Daikin.
Old 5th May 2018, 13:03   #5781
BANNED

@nik0502; The star ratings have changed this year. So what was 5* last year is probably 3* now. Please take the * ratings with a pinch of salt. As for Blue Star I do not have trust there.
Old 5th May 2018, 14:23   #5782
BHPian

Which home/office AC (air conditioner) to buy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@nik0502; The star ratings have changed this year. So what was 5* last year is probably 3* now. Please take the * ratings with a pinch of salt. As for Blue Star I do not have trust there.

Yes Sir, I know about the change in the star ratings. Both the model which I am comparing are 2018 model. So a 5 * will be more efficient than a 3*.

A 5 year warranty costs 15 K approx on Daikin. And I am really not comfortable buying an inverter AC without warranty after knowing the failure rate of PCB and the repair cost.

Last edited by nik0502 : 5th May 2018 at 14:24.
Old 8th May 2018, 22:56   #5783
Senior - BHPian

I checked the prices of Bluestar, Daikin and Carrier.
Surprisingly, Bluestar is the costliest followed by Daikin, Carrier,LG.

I was expecting Daikin to be way more costlier but it is not. Daikin costs just 2000 more than a similar LG model which is not much. Another problem is that the power connection for Daikin is to the outdoor unit but the provision for my flat is for indoor units. So, I need to check with the AC technician if Daikin will work out for me.

One problem which I have with my current ACs is that the remote do not have any backlight for the screen or buttons. So, it is extremely inconvenient to operate at night. So, I definitely want backlight for screen and buttons in the remote. Bluestar, Carrier and LG seem to have that feature whereas Daikin does not mention about it. My current 2* Daikin AC does not have that feature. Can anyone confirm this? The model I am considering is 1.5 ton inverter 3* - Ftkl 50 tv16
Old 8th May 2018, 23:14   #5784
BHPian

Quote:

I was expecting Daikin to be way more costlier but it is not. Daikin costs just 2000 more than a similar LG model which is not much. Another problem is that the power connection for Daikin is to the outdoor unit but the provision for my flat is for indoor units. So, I need to check with the AC technician if Daikin will work out for me.
Do you mean to say the power socket is indoor? The installer will manage it easily, you don’t have to worry.
Old 9th May 2018, 06:55   #5785
BHPian

Quote:

One problem which I have with my current ACs is that the remote do not have any backlight for the screen or buttons. So, it is extremely inconvenient to operate at night. So, I definitely want backlight for screen and buttons in the remote. Bluestar, Carrier and LG seem to have that feature whereas Daikin does not mention about it. My current 2* Daikin AC does not have that feature. Can anyone confirm this? The model I am considering is 1.5 ton inverter 3* - Ftkl 50 tv16

My Daikin does have a backlit remote. It is a 2018 model with 3* rating.
Old 9th May 2018, 09:22   #5786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Do you mean to say the power socket is indoor? The installer will manage it easily, you don’t have to worry.
Yes. Thanks, will confirm with the installer once

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
My Daikin does have a backlit remote. It is a 2018 model with 3* rating.
Can you share the model number please? In that case, might as well go with Daikin. I have ruled out Bluestar as it is costing more than Daikin. Current preference is Daikin>carrier>LG
Old 9th May 2018, 13:01   #5787
Distinguished - BHPian

Not currently buying, but this warranty thing makes me out of love with Daikin. Of course, cost of any warranty is factored in to sale price so we are paying for it anyway.
Old 9th May 2018, 13:55   #5788
BHPian

Quote:
One problem which I have with my current ACs is that the remote do not have any backlight for the screen or buttons. So, it is extremely inconvenient to operate at night.
You should get a IR blaster and use an app on your smart phone. See pic. My remotes for my bose and Daikin have gotten spoilt due to battery leaks and was scouting for a replacement. I just ordered a MI universal remote and then remembered I have this. It seems to work on iPhone only but there are devices for Android too.
Attached Thumbnails
The home / office air-conditioner thread-1525854304891.jpg  

Old 9th May 2018, 19:50   #5789
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Thanks, will confirm with the installer once

Can you share the model number please? In that case, might as well go with Daikin. I have ruled out Bluestar as it is costing more than Daikin. Current preference is Daikin>carrier>LG

The Model is CTKL50TV16. This is a 3* rating AC with one year warranty. Costed 40 K each when we bought 2.

On the other hand Blue Star is 5 Star rating. With 5 year warranty and the cost is 1 K more than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Not currently buying, but this warranty thing makes me out of love with Daikin. Of course, cost of any warranty is factored in to sale price so we are paying for it anyway.

Sir, the 5 year warranty on Daikin costs 15K from Sargam store. The price is almost same through Bajaj. So if someone wants 5 year warranty Daikin would cost 55K.
Old 10th May 2018, 10:01   #5790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
You should get a IR blaster and use an app on your smart phone. See pic. My remotes for my bose and Daikin have gotten spoilt due to battery leaks and was scouting for a replacement. I just ordered a MI universal remote and then remembered I have this. It seems to work on iPhone only but there are devices for Android too.
Looks pretty cool, what is the app you use along with the IR blaster ?
And can the app be configured to use multiple devices ? Also please let me know which app do you use to control the Daikin A/c's

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks