Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2014, 23:34   #3601
BANNED

hey guys,

today suddenly water started coming out from the front right side of my split ac. what could be the reason ?

thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 01:10   #3602
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

The drain pipe is choked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
hey guys,

today suddenly water started coming out from the front right side of my split ac. what could be the reason ?

thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 01:55   #3603
BHPian

Quote:
hey guys,

thanks
it might be time to clean the filter. it happens usually when filters are full of dust and AC has to work harder to pull/suck in air. this leads to cold air staying longer in evaporator causing excessive condensation, thus leading to water leakage, lower air output, and decreased cooling capacity. Or the water drainage pipe can be clogged.
Old 11th June 2014, 10:47   #3604
BANNED

thanks guys, a few more queries..

1. is this something i can rectify myself or do i need to call the dealer to send some technician ?

2. i have recently relocated and this ac was also re installed to my new place by the original dealer from whom i purchased the ac. If there is cost involved in this repair, will it be borne by dealer or me ? Is there some warranty against fault due to wrong installation ?

cheers.
Old 11th June 2014, 14:10   #3605
BHPian

Quote:
thanks guys, a few more queries..

1. is this something i can rectify myself or do i need to call the dealer to send some technician ?

2. i have recently relocated and this ac was also re installed to my new place by the original dealer from whom i purchased the ac. If there is cost involved in this repair, will it be borne by dealer or me ? Is there some warranty against fault due to wrong installation ?

cheers.
1. Yes you can do it yourself. Cleaning the filter is easy, just open the front lid of the indoor unit and remove the filters and clean with water or vacuum.

2. If the above does not help then check if the AC indoor unit is leveled. Sometimes if the the indoor unit is tilted away from the water drainage pipe it can cause improper drainage and back flow of water. If it is improper installation then cost will be bared by the dealer. Make sure you tell them that.
Old 11th June 2014, 15:38   #3606
BANNED

update...

opened filter. it was clean already. my brother told me he had cleaned it a week back. then i went out to check drain pipe. it was somehow twisted and curved. i straightened it out and some amount of water came/flowed out of it.

now the ac has been ON since 4 hrs and no water has spilled from the indoor unit. so all seems ok. but i have a doubt... last night when the water had spilled out it did so from the back of the right side ( i guess that's were the drain pipe is connected ) and also from the front right side.

That front right side also has the remote sensor and operating green light. so far all seems ok and the light is still on but is it possible that water went inside the electronics panel.

Do i need to call the dealer/technician or should i observe the AC and if it works fine for a day or two ie no water spill ?

thanks.
Old 11th June 2014, 16:09   #3607
BHPian

Quote:
update...

Do i need to call the dealer/technician or should i observe the AC and if it works fine for a day or two ie no water spill ?

thanks.
That's great. Just observe and it should be fine. Electrical panel should be fine. The main circuit board is usually on the top.
Old 11th June 2014, 16:51   #3608
Senior - BHPian

The below scenario can lead to icing of the coils but for spillage from the IDU it is always a choked drain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
it might be time to clean the filter. it happens usually when filters are full of dust and AC has to work harder to pull/suck in air. this leads to cold air staying longer in evaporator causing excessive condensation, thus leading to water leakage, lower air output, and decreased cooling capacity.
Old 11th June 2014, 17:26   #3609
BANNED

Outdoor unit is connected via 5.8 pipe to half gauge & that half gauge is joined with 5.8 pipe to connect with indoor, does it effect in colling as all piping isn't same ?
R22 cools quickly & more as compared to R410A ?
Old 11th June 2014, 18:12   #3610
BHPian

I guess I may not be going in for an inverter option as the usage of 10 hrs does not seem to justify spending 10K+ for inverter compared to 5 start ac.

What brand/model should I stick to that can work in Delhi/Gurgaon summers( currently at 48 C, expect to rise to 50 in next 2-3 years). Not looking for fancy features just a power efficient and cooling machine. I can compromise on features, aesthetics, sound etc
Any pointers?
Old 11th June 2014, 21:27   #3611
BANNED

@saurabh2000; 10 hours a day will justify a split. I switched from a Videocon Split (c.2001) to a Daikin Inverter both 2TR last year. The impact on my electricity bill is at least Rs.2500pm. It is run about 10 hours a day (or rather night). In the morning I see the power consumption of the house down to 400-500W.
Old 11th June 2014, 22:03   #3612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@saurabh2000; 10 hours a day will justify a split. I switched from a Videocon Split (c.2001) to a Daikin Inverter both 2TR last year. The impact on my electricity bill is at least Rs.2500pm. It is run about 10 hours a day (or rather night). In the morning I see the power consumption of the house down to 400-500W.
great. then my follow on question is if this Sharp inverter 1.5T (AH-X18PET ) will work beyond 48 C ? I guess if answer is yes, i will go ahead to try to find best deal
Old 11th June 2014, 23:01   #3613
BHPian

Do napoleon brand window acs use reciprocating compressors?

Anybody have long term experience with their split ac's?

Do they have a dealer network?
I've heard from dealers in my area that they only sell 'kits' which have to be assembled..

Anybody have experience with this brand?
Old 12th June 2014, 10:10   #3614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Do napoleon brand window acs use reciprocating compressors?

Anybody have long term experience with their split ac's?

Do they have a dealer network?
I've heard from dealers in my area that they only sell 'kits' which have to be assembled..

Anybody have experience with this brand?
Yes, They are Reciprocating.

Very good and powerful A/C for hot summers for north. They need to be assembled.

I have Window one and it is so heavy that 3-4 persons needed to lift it.

1.5 T cools 15 ft x 20 ft room quickly.
Old 12th June 2014, 10:12   #3615
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
great. then my follow on question is if this Sharp inverter 1.5T (AH-X18PET ) will work beyond 48 C ? I guess if answer is yes, i will go ahead to try to find best deal
It should. Check their blurbs - I think most can now handle 50+C.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks