Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2014, 23:17   #3691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@eq24;Hitachi service is also having a poor reputation.

I have had 3 air conditioners from Hitachi. The first one brought some 10 years back. The most recent yearly service has left a bitter experience. I am due to change the oldest one next year and I am contemplating should I be buying a hitachi or something else. This year the service was horrible.

--
Nayak // Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 5th August 2014, 01:32   #3692
BHPian

Quote:
@eq24; Carrier are down in the world. Hitachi service is also having a poor reputation. I do not understand the 2x overfill, since afaik unless there is a leak the compressor unit has enough refrigerant in it, so no charging is normally required.

Sgitik ji, our man eq24 was duped by incompetent technicians who gave him usual dope that they give everywhere else, I expect all team-bhp members to techies, but I guess sxxx happens

I think for now Diakin and Mitsubishi are the only top line ac that we have (although I am still running with a 13yr old LG)

Now, he has to escalate to the highest level, else nothing is going to happen

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 5th August 2014, 13:11   #3693
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

What exactly are you trying to say here? care to elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
I expect all team-bhp members to techies, but I guess sxxx happens
Old 6th August 2014, 15:36   #3694
BHPian

Please call Mr Sunder Mobile: 9899008054 and get the name of the concern person who takes care of AC service Business.
Mr Sunder heads Commercial Refrigeration Service business (Visi Coolers, refrigeration).
Hope he will put you to the right guy who can solve your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Will some one please help.

We bought a brand new Carrier split 1.5tonne AC a month or so back. The old one also a Carrier was being changed after 5 years. Now the AC less than a month in is giving problems everyday, it either stops working mid way or constantly shows the EC error code. We have complained to Carrier two times now, even written a mail but nobody seems to help.

It was installed by Carrier guys and everything including piping was done by them. It is a 1.5 tonne split costing nearly 40000 Rs. Apart from the crazy temperatures in Gurgaon, it is the loss of such a huge amount which is constantly frustrating.

Will some one please help, who can I call or write to get this fixed. Some one suggested court but that can be a long and tiring process, though I will go if nothing works out.

Please hoping for some help.
Old 6th August 2014, 22:12   #3695
BHPian

Quote:
@eq24; I do not understand the 2x overfill, since afaik unless there is a leak the compressor unit has enough refrigerant in it, so no charging is normally required.
This was a fault with the new machine. The pressure was raising when the machine was operating.

Quote:
Sgitik ji, our man eq24 was duped by incompetent technicians who gave him usual dope that they give everywhere else, I expect all team-bhp members to techies, but I guess sxxx happens

Now, he has to escalate to the highest level, else nothing is going to happen
Yes in a way we have been duped big time, a new machine can you believe all the expenses, time and hassle and having to live in Gurgaon heat even though you have the means to cool yourself. This was a living room AC, so the worst part was when guests used to come and then you listen to various stories about how pathetic consumer laws are in India and basically how living in India is just the worst thing ever. Very Frustrating.

We were contemplating legal action when today the repair guys showed up and say that the PCB will be taken, so watched a brand new AC, my brand new AC being taken apart and the PCB boards, display and the remote being taken. Now after much argument they said that it will be done in 2 or 3 days, but I will believe that when the parts come back.

The biggest worry I have now is that even though they will take the parts and repair it, why should this happen in a brand new AC. What happens when an year passes and warranty is done, then what do I do. Who pays for the visits and parts and the hassle. And these guys come in the day time, how many days off can one take just to fix AC's, I have taken 4 already. So irrespective of outcome I will press for money back or new unit.

But the worst thing in all this is that Carrier, who are the guys who invented the damn AC and a very reputed company are treating a customer in such a pathetic and insect like way. What will it take of the company to just acknowledge that the machine is faulty, a fact that all the authorized service center technicians have confirmed to us and I luckily have this on video, and just change the machine and call it a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay4060 View Post
Please call Mr Sunder Mobile: 9899008054 and get the name of the concern person who takes care of AC service Business.
Mr Sunder heads Commercial Refrigeration Service business (Visi Coolers, refrigeration).
Hope he will put you to the right guy who can solve your problem.
Thank you for this, I have saved the number and will call this gentleman(hopefully) soon.
Old 7th August 2014, 08:07   #3696
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

You should do what is usually done in gulf countries. Buy the latest Japanese a/c like Fujitsu (O General) or Mitsubishi or Panasonic and 99% chance nothing will go wrong with it in 10 years. If something does go wrong then just dump the old a/c and get a new one. Don't even bother with getting these things repaired.

Carrier has gone cold in the Indian market and so have Samsung (in a/c). LG & Whirlpool survive because of their strong after-sales service presence. Panasonic also has good service backup, considering the promptness with which their technicians helped me out during my refrigerator outage, when there was a leak with refrigerant. Both a/c and refrigerator share the same refrigerant in Panasonic, and same guy services both so I guess airconditioner backup is equally prompt like Refrigerator.

Blue Star also has a huge service backup due to their presence in commercial space, Voltas is not consistent, it's service in small towns is more or less negligible. Daikin latest models are not upto mark and their service personnel also have varying degree of professionalism, so it is better to keep away until they sort out these issues.
Old 11th August 2014, 10:50   #3697
BHPian

My native is a small town in MP where climate is usually pleasant so we never thought of installing Air conditioner at home.
My mother is now going through chemotherapy which makes her very vulnerable to infections and bacteria s, Hence we will have to always keep her in controlled environment and it is not possible without having 24*7 AC. I do not have much knowledge about air conditioning nor I have enough time now to research on the same. Please suggest the best option I can go for and budget is not an issue. The room size is 8 X 15.
Local sales and after sales is available for almost all brands. However, Panasonic and LG have their own exclusive outlets.
Old 11th August 2014, 14:14   #3698
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry to learn about your mother's illness and hope that she recovers soon.

Of the two brands mentioned by you go for Panasonic split machine. I would recommend the inverter but that might involve a long delivery period and subsequent maintenance issues in a small market, so get a standard model. The one option that comes to mind here is a hot and cold machine. This will enable the room to be maintained at a constant temperature throughout the year. For the room size mentioned a 1 ton machine would be more than adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Please suggest the best option I can go for and budget is not an issue. The room size is 8 X 15.
Local sales and after sales is available for almost all brands. However, Panasonic and LG have their own exclusive outlets.
Old 11th August 2014, 14:30   #3699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I am sorry to learn about your mother's illness and hope that she recovers soon.

Of the two brands mentioned by you go for Panasonic split machine. I would recommend the inverter but that might involve a long delivery period and subsequent maintenance issues in a small market, so get a standard model. The one option that comes to mind here is a hot and cold machine. This will enable the room to be maintained at a constant temperature throughout the year. For the room size mentioned a 1 ton machine would be more than adequate.
Thanks Khoj, the hot and cold machine is not available with inverter it seems. I will try to source the inverter one asap. What kind of maintenance issues are there with inverter? My utmost concern is to keep the room bacteria free, panasonic boasts about its air purification feature. Is it just a marketing gimmick or really has something different?
Old 11th August 2014, 14:59   #3700
Senior - BHPian

The inverter is a new technology (in our country)and not very many units have been sold even in big cities. In case anything were to go wrong with the installed machine, it's repair and part sourcing could take some time. On the flip side it is more suitable to 24 x 7 running.

An oil filled radiator can compensate for the non availability of the hot and cold machine. Unlike a conventional heater the OFR does not deplete the oxygen in the room and provides more consistent and even heat.

The air purification feature is offered by quite a few companies. It does work to an extent against pollen, cigarette smoke and has benefitted people with asthma but do not mistake this to be the ultimate in air cleaning.

Quote:
Thanks Khoj, the hot and cold machine is not
available with inverter it seems. I will try to source the inverter one asap. What kind of maintenance issues are there with inverter? My utmost concern is to keep the room bacteria free, panasonic boasts about its air purification feature. Is it just a marketing gimmick or really has something different?
Old 11th August 2014, 15:57   #3701
BHPian

Quote:
My utmost concern is to keep the room bacteria free, panasonic boasts about its air purification feature. Is it just a marketing gimmick or really has something different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The inverter is a new technology (in our country)and not very many units have been sold even in big cities. In case anything were to go wrong with the installed machine, it's repair and part sourcing could take some time. On the flip side it is more suitable to 24 x 7 running.
Hi,

Sudeep, here's wishing a speedy and great recovery for your mother. I have just gone through (rather still undergoing) a very similar problem with my relative. The requirements are the same as you have sudeep.

Here's what I did:
- Daikin inverter split A/C is already installed in my room. Running 24 hours since past one month. Really good! Daikin support is pretty good on my city, and whatever issues I have faced in my A/C's, have been promptly corrected
- You may have to consider buying a HEPA air purifier. I purchased one recently from Sharp. It costs around 15-17k (depending on your model). Very effective in cleaning the any particles upto 0.3 microns. Below that, the pruifiers are VERY expensive, and are not available for home applications to the best of my knowledge. Seeing that you are from pune, you may be interested in contacting Sharp. It's head office is in Pune.
- Remove all un-necessary things from your room. This includes furniture, books, clothes, gadgets (except phone and TV).
- You may want to think about fumigating your room, similar to what is done in operation theatres in hospitals. IMO, this is going overboard, but this is done by many relatives of transplant patients who are old. You need to get in touch with a local nursing home (where small surgeries are done).
- Anti-septic measures also, that goes w/o saying. Ensure only 1-2 people are in contact with the patient. Nothing more.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Simple_car

P.S. I have just purchased a HEPA filter for my car, but have not yet checked about it's effectivity. It's a chinese made one, so will run it for a couple of months and see whether it works or not.
Old 12th August 2014, 14:44   #3702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Hi,

Here's what I did:
- Daikin inverter split A/C is already installed in my room. Running 24 hours since past one month. Really good! Daikin support is pretty good on my city, and whatever issues I have faced in my A/C's, have been promptly corrected
- You may have to consider buying a HEPA air purifier. I purchased one recently from Sharp. It costs around 15-17k (depending on your model). Very effective in cleaning the any particles upto 0.3 microns. Below that, the pruifiers are VERY expensive, and are not available for home applications to the best of my knowledge. Seeing that you are from pune, you may be interested in contacting Sharp. It's head office is in Pune.
- Remove all un-necessary things from your room. This includes furniture, books, clothes, gadgets (except phone and TV).
Thanks Simple_Car

All points taken, trying to source Daikin Inverter with hot pump. Have found a Sharp air purifier on snapdeal costing 14K (Model no - FU-Z31E-W). Should I go ahead with this for room size 200sqft?
I stay in Pune but these products are going in a small town in MP (Chhindwara). So I am a bit skeptical about the after sales service, though there is an authorized distributor of Daikin there but only time will tell the after sales service backup.
Old 12th August 2014, 19:03   #3703
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Simple_Car

All points taken, trying to source Daikin Inverter with hot pump. Have found a Sharp air purifier on snapdeal costing 14K (Model no - FU-Z31E-W). Should I go ahead with this for room size 200sqft?

I stay in Pune but these products are going in a small town in MP (Chhindwara). So I am a bit skeptical about the after sales service, though there is an authorized distributor of Daikin there but only time will tell the after sales service backup.
How's the power supply there, is it constant, is the voltage stable, what's your backup mechanism

As suggested, keep different unit for different purpose, such as a separate ac for cooling, oil radiator for heating and air purifier for air purification

This will help you to control your power consumption during power outage when you are on a battery or generator backup

I have a window 1.5 ton ac with heat pump and a 9kg washing machine with steam and full dry option, I bought them for their unified features but both are power guzzlers and is painful to see the power bill twice of the neighbours every month

These points sounds petty in the beginning but hurts all through later and then there is no un-do re-do option

Old 12th August 2014, 19:53   #3704
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Simple_Car

Sharp does not support any products from snapdeal [written on their website]. Support is something which you'll have to take a risk of. There are no other companies selling these products in the market with such a reasonable support and at decent price. Even I have taken a gamble. You may want to go for one model higher. The difference is 2k. I have the Z 31 model, but my room is small.

One more thing. The purifier has to be placed at a distance of 1-2 mtrs from the t.v. [dont recollect exactly]. Keep that in mind while planning to put it and go through the manual thoroughly.
Old 13th August 2014, 16:59   #3705
BHPian

Quote:
How's the power supply there, is it constant, is the voltage stable, what's your backup mechanism

As suggested, keep different unit for different purpose, such as a separate ac for cooling, oil radiator for heating and air purifier for air purification

I have a window 1.5 ton ac with heat pump and a 9kg washing machine with steam and full dry option, I bought them for their unified features but both are power guzzlers and is painful to see the power bill twice of the neighbours every month

Power supply is 24*7 and no voltage issues. You mean 1.5 ton inverter would be a guzzler?
Sure sir going for separate components for specific tasks.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks