Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2014, 17:04   #3706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Sharp does not support any products from snapdeal [written on their website]. Support is something which you'll have to take a risk of. There are no other companies selling these products in the market with such a reasonable support and at decent price. Even I have taken a gamble. You may want to go for one model higher. The difference is 2k. I have the Z 31 model, but my room is small.

One more thing. The purifier has to be placed at a distance of 1-2 mtrs from the t.v. [dont recollect exactly]. Keep that in mind while planning to put it and go through the manual thoroughly.
Sure I ll try to meet the Sharp guys in Pune. What kind of issues did you face with your Daikin AC?
I am planning to go for FTXR Series with Heat pump, inverter with Humidity control, I believe it is the top of the line product from Daikin. The local dealer is quoting 67k for the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 13th August 2014, 19:36   #3707
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

What is the delivery period that he is advising and has he double checked the availability with the company.

The same model was being quoted@60-62K in Dilli during peak summer but the availability was another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Sure I ll try to meet the Sharp guys in Pune. What kind of issues did you face with your Daikin AC?
I am planning to go for FTXR Series with Heat pump, inverter with Humidity control, I believe it is the top of the line product from Daikin. The local dealer is quoting 67k for the same.

Old 13th August 2014, 20:07   #3708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
What is the delivery period that he is advising and has he double checked the availability with the company.

The same model was being quoted@60-62K in Dilli during peak summer but the availability was another story.
Thats some difference in price! Need to negotiate hard with the dealer
He is claiming 3 days of time. However, the price he quoted was for 1.5 ton, need to check the price for 1.2.

Old 13th August 2014, 20:27   #3709
Senior - BHPian

Prices posted by me are for the 1.5 ton machine.

As for the difference remember that Dilli has neither Octroi nor LBT etc that are levied in your parts of the country. At a cumulative of 6-7% that should add 4K to the price in Dilli, rest could be negotiated.

I would much rather ensure that the proper gauge copper piping is used for this machine that would have either R410 or the R32 refrigerant and not the old R22. If need be the gauges are mentioned in this thread in posts from May June timeline. The new gases work at higher pressures compared to the old one and therefore the difference in pipe gauge.

Quote:
He is claiming 3 days of time. However, the price he quoted was for 1.5 ton, need to check the price for 1.2.

Old 13th August 2014, 21:39   #3710
BHPian

Quote:

Wow! This is one hell of a price! I paid about 60k for General 2 Tonn AC, it was about 2 yrs ago. This was not from the grey market.
Old 14th August 2014, 04:15   #3711
BHPian

Quote:
Only one actually: the gas leaked out of one of our a/c's. No leaks found, anywhere. They didn't charge us since our a/c was under warranty.
Only other time I called them was to clean our a/c's and do a annual maintainence, wherein they ripped me off :( Fortunately, I deal with A/c guys a lot, and got my regular contractor to service it annually.

I don't know what model is installed in my home since mine was a bulk order with a lot of combinations. I just gave them my requirements, and negotiated the final price.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 30th August 2014, 13:31   #3712
Senior - BHPian

I am in the market for a couple of ACs (one each of 1T and 1.5T) for my new apartment. After much research, I have zeroed in on the LG Energia series units:

1T - http://www.lgbrandstore.com/in/air-c...3ew5m.red.html (for a 175 sft room)
1.5T - http://www.lgbrandstore.com/in/air-c...5ew5m.red.html (for a 140 sft room)

My question is, is this a reasonable choice or should I hunt further? I had checked models by Hitachi and some others seen in Croma/e-Zone before finalizing these. For most vendors, bad after-sales experience either in-family or in peer circles is what rules them out. :-)

Which would be the right place to buy in Marathahalli-Indira Nagar area? LG brand shops (there's one opposite Innovative) or multibrand retailers (Girias/Croma etc.)?
Old 30th August 2014, 14:49   #3713
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I am in the market for a couple of ACs (one each of 1T and 1.5T) for my new apartment. After much research, I have zeroed in on the LG Energia series units:
Do you not want to look at inverter based systems? Check out Daikin. Got it installed last year. Noiseless and good performance.

Points to note:

- Inverter Vs Non-Inverter. If non inverter you need to look for energy rating.
- Inverter based system are very efficient. Energy ratings I think dont apply there
- Choice of refrigerant.
- Estimation of size.
Old 2nd September 2014, 08:56   #3714
Senior - BHPian

Gents

I am getting an extremely good deal on this Hitachi AC ( http://www.viveks.com/Products/4595-...17-isd-5s.aspx ). Not from Viveks though, but from a friend who is leaving the country and the AC is just 3 months old.

Considering this for the 3rd bedroom in my apartment. Is it worth investing on this ?
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:27   #3715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Gents

I am getting an extremely good deal on this Hitachi AC ( http://www.viveks.com/Products/4595-...17-isd-5s.aspx ). Not from Viveks though, but from a friend who is leaving the country and the AC is just 3 months old.

Considering this for the 3rd bedroom in my apartment. Is it worth investing on this ?
I have a similar one, bought it seven years ago and it is running fine. Had to top up gas this year though.

It depends on the price you get, any thing less than 20K is fine. The re installation will take upto 3K. Check if the warranty will be transferred to you.
Old 8th September 2014, 01:31   #3716
BANNED

Guys need a 1.5ton AC Split Hot and Cold in Delhi / Rohini . I am already using Daikin Cold Type Only since 4years and extremely happy with it . My priorities are lowest audible noise and long life/reliability / ease of self cleaning/humidity control mode (not dry mode) and may be inverter type(I am unable to find data on the harmonic generation as Inverter AC's is/are definitely using 6Pulse VFD wherein Harmonics will be about 30-35% and since my electricity meter is not advanced to know fundamental and harmonics so it will definitely bill be for the harmonic distortion too) as running hours will be about 14-16hrs everyday . I generally keep Ac at 26-28 with ceiling fan on slowest speed and AC swing off with vent directing air to highest point in room . I heard Sharp/Mitsu is as good as Daikin . Any pointers .

Thnks
Old 8th September 2014, 10:09   #3717
BANNED

When is R22 going out. I thought only in 2023 but then maybe the are confusing R22 with R12.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/41984342.cms
Old 13th September 2014, 11:41   #3718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Guys need a 1.5ton AC Split Hot and Cold in Delhi / Rohini . I am already using Daikin Cold Type Only since 4years and extremely happy with it . My priorities are lowest audible noise and long life/reliability / ease of self cleaning/humidity control mode (not dry mode) and may be inverter type(I am unable to find data on the harmonic generation as Inverter AC's is/are definitely using 6Pulse VFD wherein Harmonics will be about 30-35% and since my electricity meter is not advanced to know fundamental and harmonics so it will definitely bill be for the harmonic distortion too) as running hours will be about 14-16hrs everyday . I generally keep Ac at 26-28 with ceiling fan on slowest speed and AC swing off with vent directing air to highest point in room . I heard Sharp/Mitsu is as good as Daikin . Any pointers .

Thnks
Daikin Heat Pump is what you need.
Old 15th September 2014, 19:21   #3719
Distinguished - BHPian

The companion of all my nights, my comfort in bed, my solace from the world is no more.

What is this? A tragic end to a steamy story patently offtopic to this thread and perhaps unsuitable for the whole site? Nope. More like the beginning of a steamy story ...until we buy a new bedroom AC

Our mechanic told us that he could provide a new indoor unit, as the outdoor unit has several years of life in it, for around 7k-8k depending on brand and availability. I have no idea how one mates different species of unit (this post seems to have a one-track mind) but then I'm not an AC mechanic and he is.

On the whole, though, I prefer to start from scratch with a brand new AC, and I'm going to gamble on an inverter model from Sharp.

The room is only 90 sq ft, although the house is single-floor only, so there is terrace above. The terrace has heat-resist paint, and some of that area is covered by a solar water heater. We have been using a 1-ton Samsung, which has been more than sufficient.

I am thinking that a 0.8-ton inverter would be enough? A 1.0-ton inverter would be more than enough, and a 1.1-ton inverter would be too much?

I'm asking all three, as a relative told me of a 1.1-ton Sharp available for less than the list price of the 1-ton. But, back in my office days, I seem to remember that having too much AC capacity was as bad as not enough, as the thing is cycling on and off too often. obviously that was before inverter days, but still, even if the price is good, there is no point in spending the saving on electricity.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 15th September 2014 at 19:24.
Old 15th September 2014, 19:27   #3720
Senior - BHPian

Let me be the first one to congratulate you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The companion of all my nights, my comfort in bed, my solace from the world is no more.
Look forward to reading about your purchase, install and usage experiences with the new Sharp inverter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks