Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2023, 03:34   #346
BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I use Enco air 2 pro with my iPhone 13.

I will recommend recently launched Air 3 pro on Amazon. They are better than Air 2 pro.
Is there an iOS app to tweak sound settings on the earbuds? How is the call quality(mic) indoors and outdoors? Is the listener able to hear clear voice, especially in outdoors?

If you could please let us know, in what way, Air 3 better than Air 2?
Old 18th December 2023, 11:06   #347
BHPian

Finally bought the Liberty 4NC for 6799.

Excellent sound quality and connectivity.

The app is also very mature and you can control a lot of things such as ANC type, Equalizers .

The Hear ID is also not a gimmick and actually works well based on your hearing ability.

But i really wish it had a button to mute calls.

Also people hearing me on the laptop said i sound distant.

This was not the case when I connected it to my mobile though.
Old 19th December 2023, 17:09   #348
BHPian

After using Oneplus TWS earbuds for the last 3 years (Oneplus Buds Z in 2020 replaced with the Oneplus Buds Z2 in Sep this year after the battery went below acceptable levels), I was alerted to a deal on Airpods Pro 2 with USB-C in Costco Wholesale (200$ with Applecare+). My brother is travelling back in January and had been asking me what to get and this was an easy choice. I'm very happy with the Oneplus earbuds of course (3000Rs for 3 years of use was a fantastic value) but am looking forward to the excellent noise cancellation that everyone raves about.

My bigger Over the ear headphones continue to be the Sony MX4 which have now completed 2 years of use. Since I moved wholesale to the Apple ecosystem, I have been waiting for a newer version of the Airpods Max to be released with a USB-C charging port, which I understand will happen sometime in 2024. That will be a good time to upgrade to this from the Sony.
Old 27th January 2024, 23:59   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

TLDR - Need some urgent feedback on choosing ‘Single ear’ bluetooth headsets. I'm considering Jabra Talk 45 or 65.

I have been a user of Plantronics/Poly Voyager 5200 from the last five years ever since I got the first one from my company, I have gone through three sets even personally because it has performed so well with both office calls and phone calls with utmost reliability, mic noise cancellation and comfortable usage over hours be it at my desk or while cycling. My second unit was purchased in Germany which developed a faulty mic after two years and the third one I purchased in India had a faulty battery within a year which was replaced under warranty and then now the replacement has a faulty mic which I think is no longer covered under warranty. I tried the usual stuff like resets and firmware upgrade. But the device always fades out the mic after 30 seconds of use.

Now trying to search for replacements and I just can't find decent stuff at a price that won't break my purse. I have got Jabra wired as well as hi-fi AMC stereo headsets but they just don't give me the comfort the Voyager 5200 gave over an hour or two of calls. And it doesn't let me speak both offline and online without having to be conscious of the voice loudness. So any feedback on the Jabra Talk 45/65? Or are there any other equivalent options?
Old 30th January 2024, 19:40   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
TLDR - Need some urgent feedback on choosing ‘Single ear’ bluetooth headsets. I'm considering Jabra Talk 45 or 65.

I have been a user of Plantronics/Poly Voyager 5200 from the last five years ever since I got the first one from my company, I have gone through three sets even personally because it has performed so well with both office calls and phone calls with utmost reliability, mic noise cancellation and comfortable usage over hours be it at my desk or while cycling.
I am also a fan of Voyager 5200, and no haven't found anything close to it. I had bought Jabra Talk 45, but the noise cancelling in it is no where close to what the 5200 had.

Unfortunately, the flexible neck of my 5200 broke recently and the price for this is atrocious in India (Rs 15k!!). Instead of experimenting with other options, I am planning to get the next one from US or DE.

If you do take the plunge with some other headset, please share the review here!
Old 31st January 2024, 10:19   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post

Unfortunately, the flexible neck of my 5200 broke recently and the price for this is atrocious in India (Rs 15k!!). Instead of experimenting with other options, I am planning to get the next one from US or DE.

If you do take the plunge with some other headset, please share the review here!
I ended up ordering the Talk 65 but now already partially regretting the buy after just one call. And unfortunately cant return to Amazon and only can get a replacement.

The only pro I am seeing is it seems to have better battery life than the 5200 Voyager and decent sound quality at least at the speaker end.

However there are a list of cons I have already discovered:
  • Not supported by the Jabra App nor Jabra Direct software on PC. Hence, there is no way I could customize any setting on the headset
  • Limited buttons with no feedback. There is a single button to power on and off, pair device
  • While the headset is lighter and good to wear, the buds are like a cheap imitation of the plantronics and dont fit like plantronics
  • Even though I have connected the headset to laptop via Jabra Link, the headset still cant differentiate between PC and phone. Hence, I am not sure how the devices will be prioritized. The plantronics would allow me to set this option.,

I believe Talk 45 has better integration with devices and wanted to downgrade to it, but its too late. I would anyday buy another 5200 from Germany and write off this 6k I spent on the Talk 65
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 22:58   #352
BHPian

I've been using the airpods pro 2 lightning version for the past 3-4 months and although the noise cancellation is the best in the business, I'm not quite happy with its sound quality. There's no equaliser and it sounds worse than my soundcore liberty 2 tws. Is there any way to improve the sound quality or to make it suitable to my taste. Thanks in advance.
Old 16th February 2024, 10:59   #353
BHPian

My trusted Jabra 65T finally gave up after nearly 3+ years of abuse. I use it for my walking and my office. Additionally, I use it for listening to music during travel. Over the last 6 months or so, the charge was not holding and I was getting about 2-3 hours only. Finally, the right earbud gave up. It does not generate any output and I have to now ditch it and get something new. My use case and needs are as follows

1. Need to use it for walking and light running - so fit has to be good, cannot slip out. The Oppo encore 3 which I got sometime back for my wife is unstable. If I smile at someone while walking it pops out. My wife therefore loves the fact that I cannot smile at others:

2. Need to use it for office work. I multi-task and therefore will not be on Teams screen while on calls on my laptop (Windows). Therefore needs to have a physical mute button + battery life

Needs - Need a TWS
1. Good fit - I don't like the stem design of TWS, prefer a snug fit within the ears
2. The mute button is a must
3. Multi-point connection is must
4. Neutral sound profile. Not a basshead - classic rock, and blues is my go-to
5. ANC or lack of it thereof is not a deal breaker
6. Long battery life is a must (7 to 8 hrs without ANC)
7. A little bit of water resistance (sweat resistance)
8. Not expensive - like the Sony 1000 series. Happy to see something within 15k or so
9. AAC support - most of my devices are in the Apple ecosystem except for the office laptop

Basis this, I shortlisted Jabra Elite 5 Active. But a couple of friends are trying to dissuade me from it and look at the Sony, Oneplus, Nothing group

Ask

1. Any potential TWS that fits the above requirements
2. Any reviews on Jabra Elite 5 Active - good and bad
Old 16th February 2024, 15:45   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
My trusted Jabra 65T finally gave up after nearly 3+ years of abuse.
2. The mute button is a must
3. Multi-point connection is must
4. Neutral sound profile. Not a basshead - classic rock, and blues is my go-to
I used 65T couple of years back. Currently using 7 pro and it is also similar in terms of tuning. Close to neutral tuning.

7 pro costs around 10.5 k :

https://www.croma.com/jabra-elite-7-...lack-/p/245489

Since this model has been discontinued, available cheap at the moment.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 14:23   #355
BHPian

I've been using my 1st generation Airpods Pro for about two years now, but I've been experiencing inconsistent charging with them. Sometimes the pods charge normally, while other times they don't seem to respond at all. I've already cleaned both the charging case and the pods themselves, but the issue persists.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with their 1st generation Airpods Pro? If so, were you able to find a solution?
Old 8th April 2024, 08:21   #356
Senior - BHPian

I had bought Wings Lifestyle Phantom 760 in July 2023 but lost it couple of days ago.

I want to know what exactly is the ANC Feature and how does it work? I have searched on Internet but could not find the difference between ENC and ANC in simple words.
Does ANC equipped Bluetooth earphones do the following?
1. Cancel Wind Noise in Microphone,
2. Cancel unnecessary sounds of other people talking around me.

I want to buy New Blutooth earphones Wireless (TWS Preferred). Budget is Rs. 1500-2000/-. May extend budget to 2500/- if needed.

Please advise on above.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 8th April 2024 at 08:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks