Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 18:09   #211
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
... Samsung galaxy buds plus is 5999/-...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post

It seems like the prime day deal has ended on the buds plus...
Can be had for INR 4990 on Samsung online store with an eligible credit card discount.

If call quality is a priority, entry level segment is best avoided.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 18:30   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Can be had for INR 4990 on Samsung online store with an eligible credit card discount.

If call quality is a priority, entry level segment is best avoided.
What budget should we be looking at? Sorry, real noob in this area so appreciate some advice.

Quote:
Please avoid. Before ordering the 441 pro, my dad ordered the 621 twice and both the times, the headphone case had a broken hinge. In fact if you see the picture of both the 441 pro and the 621, the case of the 621 does look more fragile but I didn't expect the quality to be so bad. Also, it has 90% of the 441 pro's bulk.
Thank you so much for your timely warning. Removed it from my list.

Quote:
It seems like the prime day deal has ended on the buds plus.
Damn!!! Actually I never bothered on these deal days and stuff till last year. Recently got the amazon icici card and started checking out various deals. Since it was weekend the prime day sale caught my eye and I tried to bag some deal today in which I miserably failed
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 18:45   #213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What budget should we be looking at? Sorry, real noob in this area so appreciate some advice.
One good rule-of-thumb is to look at previous-gen products being phased out, if any fall in or near your budget. Elite 65t already has successors, while Buds+ have one (Buds2) coming out globally shortly. So you're essentially getting a higher-segment product for your money under stock clearance (both 65t and Buds+ were in the 10k+ price band at launch).

A multi-microphone setup is likelier to have better call quality than a single/dual mic setup. I say likelier and not guaranteed because the best hardware can still be ruined by bad tuning.

Most importantly, look for reviews that provide audio samples for comparison, esp. if buying for call quality.

Quote:
Recently got the amazon icici card...
ICICI credit cards are eligible for Samsung online store discount. I used it a month or so ago to get the Buds+ for INR 4990 (listed at INR 5990). Discount still going.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th July 2021 at 18:46.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 21:45   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
P.S.- The Galaxy Buds + are now available for 5k. It is an excellent product and actually competes with the Jabra Elite 75t. This is what I coerced my father to get who was also earlier looking at the Boats and the Jabra 65t.
Quote:
ICICI credit cards are eligible for Samsung online store discount. I used it a month or so ago to get the Buds+ for INR 4990 (listed at INR 5990). Discount still going.
Thanks for the tip. Just checked and my card is eligible. So on-road 4990INR

And my budget-bumping exercise with TeamBHP suggestions continue. Last year started with a budget of 10-15k for ergonomic chair and after suggestions here ended up picking up Featherlite Helix HB for almost twice the cost (link (Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support)). No regrets.

Now for earbuds started with 2.5-3k budget and ended up booking the Samsung bud+ for ~5k. Looking forward to a great experience with these.

P.S: This offer is till 31st July or till stock lasts as per Samsung website. Though am sure there will be more offers in the upcoming months.

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th July 2021 at 21:57.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 04:43   #215
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Now for earbuds started with 2.5-3k budget and ended up booking the Samsung bud+ for ~5k. Looking forward to a great experience with these.
Great to know that man. Good choice!

So in the last 24 hours, I have been able to guide not just 1 but 2 people to get themselves the buds +.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 18:50   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So on-road 4990INR

... ended up booking the Samsung bud+ for ~5k. Looking forward to a great experience with these.
Update : Got these delivered in 3 days. Used it over weekend for some music and videos. Sound quality is crisp but nothing really over the top. BOAT ones are certainly more bass-heavy but this is relatively more crisp & not too loud even at highest volume. Office calls(primary purpose) are working fine with no lag/issues at either ends. Build looks and feels solid.

Only issue I have is with the fit of left ear. For some reason after an hour or so of continuous usage my left ear wall starts paining. I tried it with all 3 sizes of ear-tips provided, but it stays. Surprisingly right ear has no such issue. Anybody else facing this?
Old 2nd August 2021, 18:58   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...Anybody else facing this?
Fit varies person-to-person. I face issues with my right ear; most in-ear devices usually don't fit snugly and slip out after a while. No issues with left ear.

I used a mix & match of ear and wing-tips to get a fit that works for me. The longest I've used these without discomfort is ~4 hours, after which the wingtip contact area in both my ears was a bit sore and necessitated a break.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 11:53   #218
BHPian

Guys, how are the Samsung galaxy buds live? They are available on flipkart for Rs. 5990 or less depending on the card you have.
Looking to buy for my dad. We had bought the Bose soundsport wireless during the diwali sale in 2020 but they don't fit in his ears well and come off.
So we are looking at either the samsung galaxy buds live or the yet to be launched nothing ear (1).
Old 4th August 2021, 12:42   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The longest I've used these without discomfort is ~4 hours, after which the wingtip contact area in both my ears was a bit sore and necessitated a break.
I have used it for the entire ~10 hours of battery life on my cycling trips

Quote:

Only issue I have is with the fit of left ear. For some reason after an hour or so of continuous usage my left ear wall starts paining. I tried it with all 3 sizes of ear-tips provided, but it stays. Surprisingly right ear has no such issue. Anybody else facing this?
No such issue, but initially I wasn't completely happy with the fit; I kept going back to my Jabra 65s as they felt more comfortable. Now, I see no issue with either ears. Been using it for ~5 months; no issues faced except the battery life has started going down to just a shy below 10 hours.
Old 4th August 2021, 13:53   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I have used it for the entire ~10 hours of battery life on my cycling trips...
I blame my oddly-shaped ears. Have to fiddle with my Sennheiser over-ear cans too, every single use, to get a comfortable fit on the right ear.
Old 4th August 2021, 14:32   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Guys, how are the Samsung galaxy buds live? They are available on flipkart for Rs. 5990 or less depending on the card you have.
Looking to buy for my dad. We had bought the Bose soundsport wireless during the diwali sale in 2020 but they don't fit in his ears well and come off.
So we are looking at either the samsung galaxy buds live or the yet to be launched nothing ear (1).
Live Buds have a weird design, with no tips holding it inside ear canal, and it only sits in your outer ear enclosure. People with small ears have found it uncomfortable, though it does fit for some. Also, the touted ANC is not very effective. The older Buds Plus are solid and score higher in most aspects, but dont have ANC.
Caffeinated is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 07:10   #222
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone recommend me a headset for my MacBook Pro, primarily for making office calls, decent levels of noise cancellation is a must, budget lesser than 10k.
Old 5th August 2021, 08:06   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been using the buds live for a year now. I find it comfortable with enough volume. I don't feel comfortable with the in-ear buds and hence bought these. I keep the noise cancelation and touch controls switched off always. Even after a year the battery life is still the same. I use it for calls more than 4 hours a day. The advantage I see is the comfortable wear. My sister uses the buds plus. It certainly is better for music consumption but I can't think of wearing it for more than 10 mins.

The only disadvantage I have seen so far is the inability to switch seamlessly with my phone and the personal laptop that runs Fedora. I have to reconnect it everytime for connection to work. This is more of a linux bug rather than the buds problem. With windows and Galaxy note the connection switch happens without you even knowing it.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 5th August 2021 at 08:08.
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 12:51   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I blame my oddly-shaped ears. Have to fiddle with my Sennheiser over-ear cans too, every single use, to get a comfortable fit on the right ear.
For anyone with large and/or oddly shaped ears (like yours truly) struggling to be comfortable in the default ear pads of most over-ear headphones, check these replacement pads out. Reasonably priced, good quality and very comfortable.

Shout out to friendly mod Vid6639 for the recommendation.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 22:59   #225
Senior - BHPian

Don't buy those. My wife had the older ones, and they are the best. Seeing that performance, I gifted her the new ones and they're pathetic. But they look fantastic
Quote:
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks