Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2021, 15:05   #166
BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
But the call/mic facility is very poor. Picks up noise very easily and my voice is very low for the recipient - this has been tested inside the house as well as outside. Good for brief short updates at most.
Your experience matches with that of most of the online reviews available for the product.

Looks like airpods will continue to rule for some time to come. IMHO if you have a budget of >10K then go for airpods, if its less than 10K then go for products below 5K for something like oneplus wireless. Anything in between is probably not worth it.

PS: Reviews of these wireless earbuds from media outlet The Verge (Check there YouTube Channel) are really helpful and pretty unbiased.

No affiliations with any of the names mentioned above.
Old 11th February 2021, 15:50   #167
Senior - BHPian

Have been using Boat Airdopes 441 which I picked up for less then INR 2000 on an Amazon sale. Sound quality is pretty good and battery life is decent if not outstanding. But for the price point, it is a solid product. Recommended for an entry level headphone set.
Old 12th February 2021, 15:20   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Did you switch to stereo mode, by default it connects in normal mode, on which the music also sounds bad.
Name:  1000XM3.png
Views: 1296
Size:  34.6 KB

Yes - tried both the modes. The point I was trying to make is that most TWS Headphones don't work well with Laptop when it comes to Headset mode and it is more or less same with the WF-1000XM3.

The neckband style bluetooth headphones provide better quality for this use case of Laptop based voice calls using Windows Apps such as Teams.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 01:49   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just to share my ~4 years of ownership of the Jabra Elite 65T - it's a wonderful wireless setup with the battery running 4+ hours even after years of heavy usage. Sound quality is quite decent too.

But the call/mic facility is very poor. Picks up noise very easily and my voice is very low for the recipient - this has been tested inside the house as well as outside. Good for brief short updates at most.
Must be a one-off piece issue

I have a notably hoarse voice (endless multiple counsels on speaking slowly with global audiences) - I have TWO of these that I use every single day on rotation and not once has anyone complained if the network is good

Atleast a dozen friends and family bought it at my recommendation and so far none has come back to me. Yes some issues like charging or left ear piece not working happened requiring a couple of the folks to get replacements, but everyone is happy with the pieces bought since August!

Maybe they improved it now from your purchase time.

To each their own - I have not regretted my Jabra 65T recommendation and continue to maintain the same. In fact my second purchase was out of sheer FOMO that I think it is being withdrawn once the current stocks run out - neither the Jun 2020 purchase at 7.5k nor later at 4k. I checked with a runner / consultant friend whose owned the 65T since 2018ish (at 10K+ price point) and even he only had praise for the device

Last edited by phamilyman : 22nd February 2021 at 01:53.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 06:28   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Attachment 2120963

Yes - tried both the modes. The point I was trying to make is that most TWS Headphones don't work well with Laptop when it comes to Headset mode and it is more or less same with the WF-1000XM3.

The neckband style bluetooth headphones provide better quality for this use case of Laptop based voice calls using Windows Apps such as Teams.
This is not a one-off. I have similar Mic issues with my Sony WH-1000XM3 as well as other BT headsets. I was advised by my IT team that for Teams/Webex calls, most laptops need UC compatible headsets or at least MS branded ones to avoid Mic issues in BT headsets.

Since then I have resorted to using my phone exclusively for calls. I have an El Cheapo Sennheiser with a USB connect for when I do need to take the calls through my laptop. That works just great.
Old 22nd February 2021, 07:09   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Nopes - the online community is filled with similar feedback when I tried figuring out possible solutions. And I believe a few other bhpians had given similar feedback in the past on this thread when I shared mine in the past. And I remember a friend of mine who purchased it a year ago at a mouth watering price (~4k) stating the same.

No amount of software updates rectified this issue and I left it alone when I saw same reviews / feedback over the initial years of my ownership. I even sent it back for a replacement back in 2018 but the issue persisted with the new piece.

But good it works for you. Maybe probably there could be upgraded units now in the market after which they rectified it. But I'd suggest bhpians to be cautious on this one if their intent is for handling calls. For every other purpose the product is worth the money.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 22nd February 2021 at 07:30.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:46   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Since then I have resorted to using my phone exclusively for calls. I have an El Cheapo Sennheiser with a USB connect for when I do need to take the calls through my laptop. That works just great.
I have been using the Realme Buds Wireless Pro for Teams/Skype Calls and it works fine. Again, this is not a TWS but a Neckband style Bluetooth Wireless Headphones.

Other than this one issue, the Sony 1000XM3 is a very good product. Maybe the solution would be to buy a USB Microphone which supports good omnidirectional input combine that with the headphones in Stereo Mode.

As for the others who do not have this need, I would still recommend the Sony 1000XM3. I was impressed, especially the Sony Headphones App which has so many features and advanced settings.
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:51   #173
BHPian

Quote:
4 years of Jabra Elite 65T
I got the Elite Active 65t around end 2018 and I love it, I prefer it to talking directly on the phone for calls, one thing you said it’s not easy for a person on other end to hear us, I have faced this issue while on the road outside or travelling by local bus or near noisy places, haven’t faced this issue of call quality at home, seems to be something of an issue with the over sensitive mics that tend to pick up ambient sounds around us.

Auto switches on and pairs with your phone as soon as you remove the earbuds from the case, second only to AirPods that connect as soon as you open the case.
Music quality is excellent and second only to Bose earbuds.
Battery life is very good on a single charge.
The fit is excellent, all you do is put it in your ear and move it a bit to lock it into the concha of your ear, you can jump and run and move around as much as you want, I’ve tested it and it ain’t never fallen off.
Indoor call mic quality is excellent.
2 year warranty, basic is 1 year and you get an extended year if you sign up on their site.
The case is small so it fits easy in the jeans pocket, and the updated 75t case is even smaller.
The case charges the earbuds when not in use and extends the battery life IIRC to a 2 times charge.
You can wear it for long hours without feeling uncomfortable although you will know it’s there, the Apple earbuds are much lighter so you don’t even feel them.
You get passive noise cancellation as it creates somewhat of a seal, although some may find this a bit uncomfortable.
You can double tap the earbuds to hear ambient sound instantly and can control the amount of ambient sound you want to hear through the Jabra app, so it’s good for people who want to be aware of their surroundings and also if you want to have a conversation with someone in person, you don’t need to remove the earbuds.
Wide selection of silicone tips for a good fit.
Charged via micro USB and I have a power bank I carry with me everywhere Jackery Bolt ( now discontinued ) and the power bank has inbuilt lightning cable and inbuilt micro USB cable so it was good for charging both iPhone and Jabra, I think the 75t case now has USB C charging and maybe also wireless charging support.
Active 65t is made for gym workouts and is dust and water resistant and I haven’t actively tried it out, although it has withstood some light showers in monsoon.
You can activate Siri directly through clicking on the earbuds, although I don’t use it.
Jabra earbuds are compatible for both iOS and Android.
You can use the Jabra app to customise various settings and change the music to the kind you want like bass heavy or treble, I feel it’s more of a gimmick and better to keep it in Neutral.
Choice of colours is good, I got the navy blue.
Jabra is known for its excellent office headset solutions and IIRC the 65t is their first foray into truly wireless earbuds, I am glad I chose them for my first true wireless earbuds.
Feels VFM and I got it during a sale on Amazon for around INR 4-5k less than MRP IIRC.

Small issues
Mic quality during calls could be better in noisy environments, seems to have improved in the 75t.
Magnetic buds would be good so they stay locked in when you open the case and don’t fall out if you open the case the wrong way.
Initially the case was difficult to open and you had to be careful, over time the case has loosened up.
The tapping on earbuds is like a click you need to press so while it’s on your ear it’s a bit uncomfortable to click and the earbuds move around a bit, it’s been improved in the updated 75t version with touch based earbuds to change volume or tracks, in 65t it’s preferable to control volume and change tracks through the phone.
The ‘Hearthrough’ feature for ambient sounds doesn’t sound as natural as without earbuds so I hope it’s improved in the updates.
It looks odd on smaller ears, although it’s still better than the original Bose truly wireless earbuds which look massive, Elite 75t earbuds have been made around 25% smaller I think.
There seems to be a mismatch some times between audio and video on YouTube. I think it’s known as latency issues but it’s not really noticeable.

Of late, I have started to experience issues with speaker volume in right earbud, faced it first time during TeamBHP Mapro meet this 14th Feb, while taking a call I can hardly hear other person and sometimes it resets but it doesn’t feel like it’s come back to full volume, while hearing music it is clear the left ear max volume is higher and so the sense of 3D sound is no longer there, staging or imaging I think it’s called it feels veering more towards the left ear side, I will try to contact Jabra and check solutions as my earbuds are now out of 2 year warranty and, I will provide an update here for benefit of all our friends on this forum.
GTsunny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:42   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Your experience matches with that of most of the online reviews available for the product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Quote:
Nopes - the online community is filled with similar feedback when I tried figuring out possible solutions. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsunny View Post
I got the Elite Active 65t around end 2018 ...
My experience with the Elite 65T matches phamilyman's and GTsunny's experiences. The mic quality is great. Most of the noise behind me (I face a wall when working) is cancelled. I've been told that I'm clearer than my previous headset (Sennheiser PC-8). The music quality is good too (I can't say it's better than some other model, my only perception of music quality is good or bad). I got it for 4K in a recent sale, and for that price, it has been great.
the_joker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 09:38   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
My experience with the Elite 65T matches phamilyman's and GTsunny's experiences. The mic quality is great. Most of the noise behind me (I face a wall when working) is cancelled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsunny View Post
I got the Elite Active 65t around end 2018 and I love it, I prefer it to talking directly on the phone for calls, one thing you said it’s not easy for a person on other end to hear us, I have faced this issue while on the road outside or travelling by local bus or near noisy places, haven’t faced this issue of call quality at home, seems to be something of an issue with the over sensitive mics that tend to pick up ambient sounds around us.
Thanks for the feedback guys (and @phamilyman). This is certainly good news - I love these earbuds, they have been my go-to device for running, cycling, etc. for 4+ years but never good enough for taking calls, despite all troubleshooting and even a replacement.

Good to see Jabra has corrected atleast the newer versions of these earbuds.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 17:39   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Bought a pair of Lypertek Tevi TWS earbuds for 7K. Usage is for 70% office calls through laptop (Google Meet) and rest streaming audio off my phone through Netflix and Spotify.

Have heard only good things about this niche brand. Could have gone for the Jabra Elite 65t though for 6K. Hope did the right thing!?
Old 3rd March 2021, 17:55   #177
BHPian

I was recently gifted the Sennheiser HD 350BT. The sound quality could have been much better considering its price. The battery life although makes up for it since I am getting almost 25 hours of battery life and it's very light to wear and doesn't feel bulky or cheaply made. Not really suitable for workouts although since the leather is not breathable and it results in your ears sweating a lot.
This is a good piece of headphones for people on the move with its battery and lightness.

OT : Due to some unknown reason the volume on the Spotify app through the headphones is drastically lower than in the other apps. This probably might be my app issue.

Last edited by aansh singhania : 3rd March 2021 at 18:01.
Old 11th March 2021, 17:27   #178
BHPian

My experience with Jabra Motion MS is average sort of. Not much helpful in noise cancellation part. Battery quality is also not so great. They advertise 8 hours of talk time but I do not think it lasts more than 3-4 hours. I do not it does justice to the price we have to pay for it. It looks stylish but does not look durable.
Many times people reports that my voice breaks on the calls when I am on this bluetooth headset.

Whereas I have another dirt cheep bluetooth realme neck band which is my beater headset. No voice cancellation or any other special features but very easier to use, good battery life and easy on ears.

I have ordered Jabra Evolve 75 with ANC, let's see how that works. Really looking for good noise cancellation, with all WFH good ANC is must.
Old 11th March 2021, 18:52   #179
BHPian

What are some good headphones (over the ear) around 10-12k? Top priority for me is durability.
Old 13th March 2021, 15:24   #180
M35
BHPian

I had purchased recently a Sony WF-XB700 (Wireless Extra Bass Bluetooth Earbuds with 18 Hours Battery Life) for my wife to be used with her iPhone 10X MAX. Unboxed, and immediately she said no, thanks to the fact it's a beast in both its size and bass. She eventually got a pair of Apple AirPods. There was no option to return on Amazon (only replace), and hence will go into Team-BHP classifieds soon

Bluetooth Headphones-img_20210313_143924.jpg

Bluetooth Headphones-img_20210313_151813.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks