Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2023, 23:40   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

Thank you for the detailed explanation on the PowerBeats Pro. The AirPods Pro (especially the left one) just pops out of my ear too, very easily. Have dropped it multiple times but luckily it’s still working.
Yes. Same here, only one side of the ear pops out with AirPods Pro and it's a known issue.

People who have deeper ears only will be comfortable with AirPods Pro.

Good to know you are doing well.

In a few months, the season of new apple products will come. It's time to save money and help TC become even more rich by our little contributions.

Cheers & See Ya around the forum. !!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 15:00   #317
BHPian

Ordered One Plus Buds Pro 2. I initially thought of ordering google pixel buds pro or Jabra Elite 7 Pro, but apprehensive about the in-ear ones rather than the on-ear ones. I was using Apple AirPods Pro till date from the last 2 years but the cost of apple airpods pro2 was keeping me away from them. Thought of switching to some other cheaper options this time. The primary use is taking calls via Mac and sometimes listening to AR Rahman Hits.

Will share my feedback once I will receive it.
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:49   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Ordered One Plus Buds Pro 2. I initially thought of ordering google pixel buds pro or Jabra Elite 7 Pro, but apprehensive about the in-ear ones rather than the on-ear ones. I was using Apple AirPods Pro till date from the last 2 years but the cost of apple airpods pro2 was keeping me away from them. Thought of switching to some other cheaper options this time. The primary use is taking calls via Mac and sometimes listening to AR Rahman Hits.

Will share my feedback once I will receive it.
Hi there, I am planning to purchase this in next few weeks. How is the initial experience?
Old 3rd June 2023, 15:56   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ordered One Plus Buds Pro 2. .....primary use is taking calls via Mac and sometimes listening to AR Rahman Hits.
Is your Mac M1 / M2 ? How is the sound quality with mac (Calls and Music) ?
Old 8th June 2023, 13:06   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Hi there, I am planning to purchase this in next few weeks. How is the initial experience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Is your Mac M1 / M2 ? How is the sound quality with mac (Calls and Music) ?
Apologies for the delayed response. This feedback is after using these One Plus Buds Pro for one week from office calls to a decent amount of music (from AR Rahman/Punjabi/Sufi and some Indie pop). I have been using AirPods Pro for the last 2.5 years which is my reference point.

Reason for Change/Upgrade: The battery backup my of Apple AirPods is not that great now after rigorous use of 2.5 years which is why I felt the need to look for other options. Didn't want to spend 26k on Apple AirPods and wanted to explore other options as well. Didn't have too many in-ear bud options and went with One Plus Buds Pro, looks like it turned out to be a good decision.

Even love the amount of Bass it offers. Not too much like Sony just perfect, but far better than Apple AirPods.
Connects seamlessly with my Macbook (M1 Pro) like Apple Airpods do. Full marks on a fast connection.
Controls are identical to Apple AirPods so no learn and unlearn pattern needs to be followed.
Battery Backup is good as of now, need to use more to give the complete picture.
Active Noise Cancellation is also really good.
Holds the Bluetooth connection with the device even when I move around in my home.
Love the Green color, feels very premium. Even the build quality looks solid. (Attaching the pictures for reference).

Dislikes:
The first connection with the device took some effort. A little bit of back and forth there.
The build quality of the case feels not that great. However, it's not bad but the Apple AirPods Pro case feels more solid.

P.S: Got to know yesterday that we can get the battery of AirPods Pro replaced as well. Costs somewhere around 6K. Must say not a bad option, I might go for that as well after some time.

Bluetooth Headphones-whatsapp-image-20230530-22.05.19-1.jpeg

Bluetooth Headphones-whatsapp-image-20230530-22.05.19.jpeg
Highh5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 14:58   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have been using Oneplus tws for last 3 years. My usage is around 4-6 hours daily for music and office calls.

I would rate it as best bang for buck when it comes to taking office calls.

On the music front I do face a problem. Right now I am using Oneplus buds z2. The proximity sensor is highly sensitive. It mistakenly detects that the buds are out of the ear and pauses the music when I am in let’s say gym or engaged in a similar activity. There are multiple online thread complaining of the same.

Curious if you faced this issue with the upgraded ones?

Last edited by warrioraks : 8th June 2023 at 15:00.
warrioraks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 16:27   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
On the music front I do face a problem. Right now I am using Oneplus buds z2. The proximity sensor is highly sensitive. It mistakenly detects that the buds are out of the ear and pauses the music when I am in let’s say gym or engaged in a similar activity. There are multiple online thread complaining of the same.

Curious if you faced this issue with the upgraded ones?
Actually, you are right. Even I find the sensor bit highly sensitive for my liking. They pause the music sometimes even if I have not removed the buds from the ear. I like how seamlessly they have implemented the same controls one sees on AirPods but sensor sensitivity can be an issue here. Overall, I'm liking them a lot and will rate them a bit above AirPods Pro (No Offence to Apple Users, even I'm an Apple ecosystem fan).
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 17:04   #323
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I'm looking for BT headphones, in-ear types for my gym/running requirements with the highest IP rating. I sweat like a pig and in last couple of years, I have used 4-5 different headphones from various manufacturers (Airpod 1st gen, BOSE Soundsport, Samsung Galaxy Buds, JBL Under Armour, few more) and all have been spoiled due to sweating. None has lasted more than 6 months, even though most of them mention that they are waterproof.

Any recommend headphone for such sweaty conditions ?
Old 8th June 2023, 17:55   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Hello Guys,

I'm looking for BT headphones, in-ear types for my gym/running requirements with the highest IP rating. I sweat like a pig and in last couple of years, I have used 4-5 different headphones from various manufacturers (Airpod 1st gen, BOSE Soundsport, Samsung Galaxy Buds, JBL Under Armour, few more) and all have been spoiled due to sweating. None has lasted more than 6 months, even though most of them mention that they are waterproof.

Any recommend headphone for such sweaty conditions ?
Not sure about sweatiness but I would suggest one plus. I wear my buds in rain all the time while jogging and it never gave a problem.

There is an issue with the hyper active proximity sensor as I stated in a post above. But there is a jugaad way to fix that which I can share if you are open to Oneplus.
Old 8th June 2023, 18:48   #325
BHPian

A very delayed story and review.

I was looking for ways to make my frequent work related travel bearable and less tiring. Not eligible for business class travel, so yeah, lets look at other options.

A domestic round trip almost every week if not more can be very tiring. Home to destination city hotel is easily 6+ hours (Bangalore home to airport cab, waiting, flight, airport to hotel, check-in) for my often travel cities.

One of the options was a noise cancelling headphones/earphones for some peace and silence. (what the other feasible options is a whole new thread)

So, my research meant reading up this thread - thanks BHPians for this thread.

Was more inclined towards the BT ones due to their portability and hence the reasoning that since they are pocketable, I'll use them more, better ROI.

Demoed a few units - JBL, Bose, Sony, Samsung, Apple, OnePlus.

Finally bought the Sony WH1000-XM4.
XM5 launched maybe a month or so later in India.

Why big cans instead of small in-ear ones:
- noise cancellation quality
- music quality
- battery life and replaceability

What's great:
- the NC is awesome, I'll say it is the best amongst everything I demoed
- comfort of the ear pads
- battery life, tested to 25+ hours, claimed is 30 hours
- sound, again the best amongst all I demoed, plus the settings can be adjusted on the mobile app
- mobile app, which I hardly use, is good
- connects in an instant with my mobile or laptop
- uses USB-C, so common with my laptop or mobile charger

What bad:
- not portable
- one cannot lean onto the airplane window side to sleep without the overhead band causing discomfort

cheers
lazy
lazy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 16:46   #326
BHPian

Need feedback / review from users in this forum who are using Air pods pro (1st gen or 2nd gen). I am currently using airpods 2nd gen and am thinking of getting airpods pro as I have to commute almost 45 mins to 1 hr (one side) in public transport almost daily with lot of noise around, and my normal airpods 2nd gen do not help in reducing general noise. I generally hear audio books (audible), music (prime music) and listen to podcast.
My query was regarding the fit and comfort of airpods pro. Have read online that prolonged use may cause headache, fatigue and also the fit of rubber tips is not for everyone's like. I tried airpods pro (1st gen) of a friend once to check and as I have never used any headphone / earphone with noise cancellation earlier - had a strange sensation as if i was cut off and felt uneasy. Any recommendation if i should go ahead with my purchase? I use an iphone and do not see other options as good and seamless as airpods pro (like sony xm4 & Bose quietcomfort earbuds 2),
Old 25th July 2023, 17:07   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
I tried airpods pro (1st gen) of a friend once to check and as I have never used any headphone / earphone with noise cancellation earlier - had a strange sensation as if i was cut off and felt uneasy. Any recommendation if i should go ahead with my purchase? I use an iphone and do not see other options as good and seamless as airpods pro (like sony xm4 & Bose quietcomfort earbuds 2),
I've AirPods Pro 1st Gen which I use for 3-4 hours everyday , the strange sensation you experience due to noise cancellation takes a day or two to get used to it. But I've not faced any discomfort or headache due to prolonged use. I use them for some long office meetings and it does a fantastic job in cutting off the background noise. Try using your friends AirPods for more than 10 minutes and it should give you a better experience

If possible do buy the 2nd Gen as they're lot more superior to 1st Gen. Mine is almost 3 years old and going rock solid.
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 15:50   #328
BHPian

Got oneplus buds pro2 a couple of weeks back. Have been using oneplus buds z2 till now and this has been a good upgrade.

My use-case is primarily office calls (5-6 hours daily) and 3-4 times a week for jogging/gym.

The sound is good and mic quality is exceptional. The buds pair seamlessly with two devices at once (my windows laptop and iPhone). Has good fit and the the issue with proximity sensor I had with z2 seems to be addressed as well. Bonus points for launching it in olive green color.

Only downside faced till now is the pinch controls. I found it easier to use on z2 vs this one but maybe it's just some time before I get used to it.

Since I find airpods to be too expensive, Oneplus buds have been my default choice for last 3 years. This one does not disappoint as well. Overall a decent option for anyone having a 11k budget.
Old 4th August 2023, 17:09   #329
Senior - BHPian

I picked up 2 sets of AirPods (Gen 2) for myself and my wife from the US. Wife dropped one bud in the water. I tried the "Eject Water" function from the phone but it's still not working. I'm pretty sure the service centre will not give a replacement. Any idea how much a replacement pod costs in India?
Old 22nd August 2023, 15:56   #330
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Guys please suggest a decent pair of wireless earbuds in the range of below 4k. This is for my wife's recently purchased iPhone 14 Pro. Just saw a random video on youtube & have sort of finalised Oppo Enco Air 2 Pro which is retailing for 3.5k on Amazon. Usage isn't much. At the most it will be used for phone calls for not more than an hour every day. Bit wary of wife losing Apple Airpods Pro which cost 25k so looking to get her a cheaper option. Hope pairing the Oppo with Apple iPhone won't be too much of an issue!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks