Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2021, 19:35   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Out with the old, in with the new!

Finally the itch won! And I got myself a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus - it's going at a good value-for-money price of 7999/- inr on Amazon/Flipkart/Samsung websites (inclusive of the credit card discounts).

Been using a Jabra 65T for the last ~4 years; these lasted great across numerous half marathons and long distance cycling rides as well as the daily grind. But what they did not support me was on taking calls, in spite of getting a replacement set back in Nov 2018.

Been on the fence for quite a while as I wasn't sure if I should look at splurging again on headsets that might do a great job for my outdoor activities but not be sufficient for taking calls. Had instead shortlisted on the Plantronics Voyager 5200 which was historically priced around 8k inr but suddenly post covid, supplies dwindled and the few available ones were going for upwards of 14k!

Around a few days back, a googling trail checking out reviews of true wireless headsets ended up at the Samsung website and the rest is history.

Bluetooth Headphones-galaxybuds.jpg

Initial Review

- These are great for taking calls. Voice clarity on either sides is great, even when the call was taken outdoors with full-on Mumbai traffic in the background. A far far cry from my Jabra 65T which used to turn out feeble even inside the house.

- Sound quality is fantastic, however I find my Jabra 65T slightly better, mainly because of it being more bass-heavy (which I like). There are quite a few setting options via the Galaxy Buds+ app so one can choose to customize it accordingly.

- The comfort level is decent however I found my Jabra much more comfortable when worn for more than 2+ hours. I still need to try out the other eartips to see if this gets better but I feel it's the slightly larger size of the Galaxy Buds+ that is the issue.

- The proclaimed battery life (of one cycle) is 11 hours - I'm yet to go below 70%. A similar usage on my Jabras would have drained it by now.

- Only IPX2 which is quite sad considering these are premium offerings. Ah well, atleast I still have the IP55 rating on the older buds for now.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 22:08   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Out with the old, in with the new!

Finally the itch won! And I got myself a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus - it's going at a good value-for-money price of 7999/- inr on Amazon/Flipkart/Samsung websites (inclusive of the credit card discounts).
Damn! The price has been dropped even more! Now it's available at a even more cheaper price of 5990 inr via Samsung's website (use code MYBUDS to get the discount).

Day two of ownership and these guys are already making me
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 23:59   #183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Damn! The price has been dropped even more! Now it's available at a even more cheaper price of 5990 inr via Samsung's website (use code MYBUDS to get the discount)...
Listed at 8990 INR and that code doesn't work. Cheer up!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 21:52   #184
Senior - BHPian

Need some support folks. I came across a listing for an unused pair of air pods in my apartment society. The box has been opened but the person said that it wasnt used. These are the of the new model checked out the model number in Amazon and it costs 15.9k. Since it was a gift for this person, he said he was ok letting it go for 10k. Now, after paying for it and getting it home, I realised that the right AirPod wouldnt even detect on my iPhone. I googled about this issue and to my surprise I came across so many articles and videos on one AirPod not getting connected. It seems to be a common issue! Anyway, I tried all reset of settings and even cleaning of the wireless case, but nothing has been helpful. I spoke to the seller again and he was surprised as well, anyway he has offered to take it back and refund my money. Not worried about the money part so much since he stays in my society and I think I can get my money back. But I was actually wondering if there is any other fix to this issue apart from the regular settings reset.Bluetooth Headphones-imageuploadedbyteambhp1617034950.710976.jpg
Old 2nd April 2021, 16:01   #185
BHPian

Hello

Searched this thread but could not find recent entries, so here goes.

I need a wireless headset with mic primarily for office work. I am in a lot of client meetings so having a reliable headset is a must.

Constraints:
  1. Wife and daughters have classes, so speakers interfere with their work, hence headsets
  2. I am on calls for hours at a time, so comfort is critical or rather the deal breaker. I have tried and rejected:
    • Airpods pro - I use Windows, so performance is not great with the hacks. Also, in-ear model so not comfortable for long hours of talking through the week
    • Plantronics Backbeats Pro - Awesome noise-cancellation, but my ears start to sweat after some time. Heavy and cup the ears too hard, even after trying many adjustments
    • Jabra Evolve2 85 - Same as the above, but superior mic quality is the only redeeming factor
  3. Slim - I am on video calls with senior Client Executives - while a headset is ok, I don't want to look weird with huge cans on the ears (Got this comment when wearing the Jabra Evolve2 85 )
Why wireless? - I stand and keep walking during some calls and also have a bunch of other wires (for external monitors, webcam etc).

I use a Plantronics Audio 628 now - super comfy and no other issues, *except* for being USB wired. Sennheiser also has something similar in the wired model.

While I have desk, I sometimes switch places to sit on the couch or in the balcony, so an external mic setup may not work.

Is there any lightweight, bluetooth 5 (or even 4.2) headset with mic available out there?
Old 2nd April 2021, 17:35   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj77 View Post

Is there any lightweight, bluetooth 5 (or even 4.2) headset with mic available out there?
Since you mentioned Jabra, did you check out the Pro 9xx series on-ear models? The 935 Duo might fit your requirement.

I use a wired BIZ 2400 II and it's sleek with great comfort and audio performance. A shame there isn't a wireless variant to recommend.
Old 2nd April 2021, 20:33   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Since you mentioned Jabra, did you check out the Pro 9xx series on-ear models? The 935 Duo might fit your requirement.
Not sure if I have the correct product, but these seem to be for one ear only? Also, they are also oriented towards desk/mobile phones and not a PC.
Old 2nd April 2021, 20:46   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not sure if I have the correct product, but these seem to be for one ear only? Also, they are also oriented towards desk/mobile phones and not a PC.
There are two variants. 925 is the mono (single-earpiece option). 935 is the duo variant.

Product page. Lets you choose for your specific use case too (PC/deskphone/mobile).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd April 2021 at 20:49.
Old 2nd April 2021, 22:12   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Hello

I need a wireless headset with mic primarily for office work. I am in a lot of client meetings so having a reliable headset is a must.

Why wireless? - I stand and keep walking during some calls and also have a bunch of other wires (for external monitors, webcam etc).

there any lightweight, bluetooth 5 (or even 4.2) headset with mic available out there?

I'm using Soundcore Life Q10 bought fire little less than 2k. It has very good mic and I'm regularly using it for meetings over multiple platforms like blue jeans, jitsi, zoom etc. Never runs out of juice. Works well with both Linux and mac and I'm sure may work fine with Windows too.

Only problem I see is, it may not be very light.

Last edited by girishv : 2nd April 2021 at 22:14.
Old 3rd April 2021, 19:48   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
There are two variants. 925 is the mono (single-earpiece option). 935 is the duo variant.

Product page. Lets you choose for your specific use case too (PC/deskphone/mobile).
This looks interesting. I wonder what is the difference between the Pro and Evolve series (keeping price aside). Need to do some more research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I'm using Soundcore Life Q10 bought fire little less than 2k. It has very good mic and I'm regularly using it for meetings over multiple platforms like blue jeans, jitsi, zoom etc. Never runs out of juice. Works well with both Linux and mac and I'm sure may work fine with Windows too.

Only problem I see is, it may not be very light.
I already have 2 headphones, but they are heavy and bulky, so trying to avoid them.
sridharj77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 20:00   #191
BHPian

Samsung Galaxy Buds+ is available for INR 5990 as part of the corporate purchase program. Valid from 1st - 15th April. Sharing in case anyone is planning to buy these.
sukhoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 02:52   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
My experience with the Elite 65T matches phamilyman's and GTsunny's experiences. The mic quality is great. Most of the noise behind me (I face a wall when working) is cancelled. I've been told that I'm clearer than my previous headset (Sennheiser PC-8).
Thanks
A friend pinged yet again out of the blue to thank me for the 65t.
Bluetooth Headphones-screenshot_20210418094410.png

Why did I post it?

Today i dropped my left earbud in the washing machine, thats 2 feet of dirty water. It was there for only 10 seconds while I stopped the machine and took it out.

After the initial drying using a kitchen paper towel, the buttons worked but there was no audio. It was charging fine. 30 min later - no audio.

Frustrated, I left it in my window to dry in the sun!

3 hours later, life's beautiful again. Touch wood.

btw this is the second time the same earbud fell out - last time was while cycling - took me a good one hour to find, then - but even then it worked perfectly

Last edited by phamilyman : 27th April 2021 at 02:54.
Old 27th April 2021, 06:10   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
But I was actually wondering if there is any other fix to this issue apart from the regular settings reset.
Hi, you can contact Apple for the same. One of my friends had similar problem with AirPods and they did some software update on it and it was working fine afterwards.
Old 27th April 2021, 12:45   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi, you can contact Apple for the same. One of my friends had similar problem with AirPods and they did some software update on it and it was working fine afterwards.

Thanks, but I finally returned it to the seller since I did not want to deal with something like this post spending 10-12k.

Finally bought a pair of new ones from an Authorised Apple retailer for 14k.
Old 27th April 2021, 18:50   #195
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Finally bought a pair of new ones from an Authorised Apple retailer for 14k.
Any reason you didn't buy from amazon - it retails for around 12.5 plus additional card discounts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks