Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2020, 23:24   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Just sharing my comments from my recent purchase - its reposted from my super long blog whose link sharing is not permitted - hence to avoid re-formatting faux pas - pasting the images and key links per se right here
Bluetooth Headphones-bluetooth-advise-v1.jpg
Bluetooth Headphones-bluetooth-advise-v2.jpg
Bluetooth Headphones-bluetooth-advise-v3.jpg
Smart like a Pro real-world calling case:

Techddict demonstrating gaming lag: (watch from 408s)

Bluetooth Headphones-bluetooth-advise-v4.jpg
Airpod beam forming mic explainer:

Bluetooth Headphones-bluetooth-advise-v5.jpg
Bluetooth Headphones-bluetooth-advise-v6.jpg
Link to RTings comparison - the bible of audio buying!
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/to...&threshold=0.1
phamilyman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 14:43   #152
BHPian

How is the review on Oneplus Buds Z?

I am looking for a wireless earphone with 3k budget, kindly suggest. Usage is for mainly listening online classes, so voice clarity is what I am looking for.

Last edited by Sophomore : 21st December 2020 at 14:45. Reason: Info
Old 21st December 2020, 15:02   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophomore View Post
How is the review on Oneplus Buds Zfor.
I bought a Mi true wireless 2c for ₹2300, I like it although I had some issues pairing it with iOS , now it’s stable after a restart. I use it for MS teams calls and the sound clarity is great. I understand that mine is not Oneplus but hope it helps.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 17:47   #154
BHPian

Need advise from users: Planning to take a True Wireless Bluetooth setup for daily use. Primary use - calls via Zoom, Skype, Teams, Webex, WhatsApp and traditional voice.... (I know, I could have said everything....) Currently using JBL T205BT. No complaints other than fact that I have to use both ears for taking calls. With the current WFH, this is becoming a problem, as you tend to speak beyond normal voice. Will be used with OnePlus device(s) primarily.

Requirement -
1. True Wireless
2. Fast Charging (Optional)

Based on the same, considering:
1. OnePlus Budz Lite
2. Oppo Enco
3. Boat Airdrops

Budget - ideally 3-4K, but can be stretched if product really worth it.

Please let me know your thoughts.
LegalEagle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 18:30   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
Please let me know your thoughts.
I have been using Oneplus buds for few months now. No complaints with the clarity of calls or music (I am not an audiophile). Battery life and ergonomics are good as well. So it was totally worth the 5k spend.
The other option I was looking for was Airpods but for some reason, it does not sync with my office laptop. Oneplus buds gives you 80% of AirPods at 40% of the price.

The only grouse is that OTA updates are only possible when you connect to a Oneplus phone and no one in my immediate family has one. But I can live with this.
Old 21st December 2020, 18:44   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
Need advise from users: Planning to take a True Wireless Bluetooth setup for daily use. Primary use - calls via Zoom, Skype, Teams, Webex, WhatsApp and traditional voice.... (I know, I could have said everything....) Currently using JBL T205BT.
Personally, for WFH, I use neckband earphones since I am not on call entire day so when not on call, I can just hang the earphones on my neck (like you may be doing with your JBL T205BT. Also the neckband have far superior battery life on its own.
With TWS, usually the battery life is less I guess. But my wife uses Soundcore Note Life which claim 10 Hours of battery life for earphones itself not counting the case.

Also if I am not on call, I don't like earphones stuck in ear so I prefer neckband.
Old 5th January 2021, 12:02   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophomore View Post
How is the review on Oneplus Buds Z?

I am looking for a wireless earphone with 3k budget, kindly suggest. Usage is for mainly listening online classes, so voice clarity is what I am looking for.
If you have a oneplus device, go for it eyes closed. The pairing with my Nord is quick and hassle free and the fit is good and comfortable as well. In the first few days it had some connectivity issues but i restarted the buds and it got solved. The battery life if between average to good, but warp charging on the case is a god sent. The sound is good as well, but if you are looking at high bass levels, look at the oneplus bullets z bass edition.
aarnav_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 18:21   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Personally, for WFH, I use neckband earphones since I am not on call entire day so when not on call, I can just hang the earphones on my neck (like you may be doing with your JBL T205BT. Also the neckband have far superior battery life on its own.
With TWS, usually the battery life is less I guess. But my wife uses Soundcore Note Life which claim 10 Hours of battery life for earphones itself not counting the case.
Do any of the TWS type headphones really work well with Laptop? I have a HP Laptop and yet to find TWS Type headphones that work well with Software such as Teams/Skype/Zoom etc. running on Windows.

Hence my choice is the Neckband style ones for this purpose as well. Currently use the Real Buds Wireless Pro and extremely happy with the quality. It has a physical button to jump to another device as well when needed. (Like from Laptop to Phone or Tablet)
Old 5th January 2021, 18:47   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Do any of the TWS type headphones really work well with Laptop? I have a HP Laptop and yet to find TWS Type headphones that work well with Software such as Teams/Skype/Zoom etc. running on Windows.

Hence my choice is the Neckband style ones for this purpose as well. Currently use the Real Buds Wireless Pro and extremely happy with the quality. It has a physical button to jump to another device as well when needed. (Like from Laptop to Phone or Tablet)
I have Sony WF-1000XM3, work flawlessly with laptop and with Android and iOS device alike. Only drawback if you pair them with one of the device, you need to manually select them again when connecting to the previous device. That said they sound phenomenal and are pretty comfortable to wear. The ANC is fantastic and app has got some nice nifty features.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 20:07   #160
BHPian

I bought a pair of Boat Airdopes 381 some time ago and, in spite of its dirt cheap price, it sounds awesome.

BUT the in-ear-canal design is not for me as my ear canal starts itching after a few minutes. The problem is with my ears, I suppose, as I used to have this issue with similar wired earphones in the past. So I had been restricting myself to on-the-ear and over-the-ear headphones.

But now that the TWS revolution is here and I can't let it pass. I see that there are these in-ear (not in-ear-canal) models without the rubber tip - similar to the original Airpods that started it off. I think I should give them a try. So what would be some nice sounding in-ear TWS and does not cost a bomb? I'd prefer something below 5k, but since I should be realistic, I think I am ok to up the price by a grand or two if needed.
Old 8th January 2021, 15:40   #161
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions for a budget (around 3-4k) bluetooth earphones/earbuds for pairing with iphone and mac? I want to use it primarily for taking up office calls and not looking for high end ones.
Old 8th January 2021, 16:19   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Any suggestions for a budget (around 3-4k) bluetooth earphones/earbuds for pairing with iphone and mac? I want to use it primarily for taking up office calls and not looking for high end ones.
I recently purchased Sony WI-XB400 wireless earphone for my One Plus Nord. They have decent reviews and are compatible with Iphones too.
Old 11th February 2021, 10:57   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I have Sony WF-1000XM3, work flawlessly with laptop and with Android and iOS device alike. Only drawback if you pair them with one of the device, you need to manually select them again when connecting to the previous device. That said they sound phenomenal and are pretty comfortable to wear. The ANC is fantastic and app has got some nice nifty features.
I have borrowed the Sony WF-1000XM3 and still seeing issues with Laptop usage specifically the microphone quality when used in the Handsfree mode on Windows 10 with MS Teams. Other than that the sound quality is excellent despite the fact that Sony has missed out to include LDAC Support.

I wonder if it is just a laptop issue - not sure - will need to check by using these with another laptop maybe.
Old 11th February 2021, 12:10   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I have borrowed the Sony WF-1000XM3 and still seeing issues with Laptop usage specifically the microphone quality when used in the Handsfree mode on Windows 10 with MS Teams. Other than that the sound quality is excellent despite the fact that Sony has missed out to include LDAC Support.

I wonder if it is just a laptop issue - not sure - will need to check by using these with another laptop maybe.
Did you switch to stereo mode, by default it connects in normal mode, on which the music also sounds bad.
Old 11th February 2021, 14:26   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Just sharing my comments from my recent purchase - its reposted from my super long blog
Link to RTings comparison - the bible of audio buying!
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/to...&threshold=0.1
Just to share my ~4 years of ownership of the Jabra Elite 65T - it's a wonderful wireless setup with the battery running 4+ hours even after years of heavy usage. Sound quality is quite decent too.

But the call/mic facility is very poor. Picks up noise very easily and my voice is very low for the recipient - this has been tested inside the house as well as outside. Good for brief short updates at most.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks