Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2007, 12:18   #1696
Senior - BHPian

there is nothin good in the 8800 or the sirocco excep the parts its made off.

1 Due to the steel, it needs a more powerful antenna which in turn needs a more powerful battery. Battery life still sucks.

2. No real features and not even an expandable memory.

3. My skin got cut trying to close the slider with one hand. This happened on more than one occasion.
Old 17th July 2007, 13:34   #1697
Senior - BHPian

kooldude, have you looked at the HTC Touch? Ive been using it for the last couple of weeks after i lost my blackberry pearl. Its a pretty impressive phone with all the features you'll need. The only drawback is that its completely touhscreen so if youre using it while drving is slightly cumbersome.
Old 17th July 2007, 14:10   #1698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks E_T. So the price hasnt dropped in the last month. . Do you think i should wait and see if it drops? I plan to buy a new phone before end of Aug ( thats when my existing phone has to be handed over to my current employer)
@mobike008... I dont think the price will drop further, besides the phone might also not be in production especially since SE has laucnhed the P1 which is a successor to P990i. Be rest assured its an amazing buy for the price and has every concievable feature as standard except for EDGE which isnt very important for me as far as I am concerned.

P.S. I will also let go of a little secret.... without bill you can get this phone for as low as 14k's or even lower, brand new.
Old 17th July 2007, 14:31   #1699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@mobike008... I dont think the price will drop further, besides the phone might also not be in production especially since SE has laucnhed the P1 which is a successor to P990i. Be rest assured its an amazing buy for the price and has every concievable feature as standard except for EDGE which isnt very important for me as far as I am concerned.

P.S. I will also let go of a little secret.... without bill you can get this phone for as low as 14k's or even lower, brand new.
Wow, then it makes lots of sense to buy this model. How is the song clarity and volume levels? I know its more of a business phone but i will be listening to some songs as well. so just want to make sure.

Finally, will i be able to pick up a brand new phone by end of aug? will it be available in the market, any idea? also, it comes only in metallic silver?
Old 17th July 2007, 17:20   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, then it makes lots of sense to buy this model. How is the song clarity and volume levels? I know its more of a business phone but i will be listening to some songs as well. so just want to make sure.

Finally, will i be able to pick up a brand new phone by end of aug? will it be available in the market, any idea? also, it comes only in metallic silver?
The music and the FM clarity is really good. Infact the music player in this phone is branded the walkman just like the other music oriented devices from SE. It has the mega bass preset like the other SE music devices. The screen is really huge. The music played on the phone's loudspeaker isnt good but heck who cares, the volume levels are sufficient for a call and I can hear it even in noisy surroundings.
Lemme give you an insight into the features on this device
1) A 240X320 pixel resolution 2.76" screen.
2) Bluetooth with A2DP profile supported
3) Infrared
4) GPRS
5) WiFi
6) An autofocus 2 megapixel camera of fantastic quality.
7) Walkman Music player + RDS FM radio
9) Touchscreen
10) 3G
11) Multiple input methods, multitap like a normal mobile, virtual qwerty keyboard, Physical qwerty keyboard, handwriting recognition, scribble
12) Video calls front camera, even the rear one can be used!
13) Flip open (A fullfleged communication device) and flip closed (a normal mobile phone) operation. The flip can also be removed altogether.
14) Quickoffice (retails for 50$) PDF+ (retails for 25$), the best handwriting recognition software built in plus a business card scanner that works like a charm... all standard. I can edit my excel, word and powerpoint presenations and view the PDF files too.
15) One of the few phones to have a dedicated graphics accelerator built in.

Can only think of these at this point of time... I am sure there are more.

For the price its a no brainer.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 17th July 2007 at 17:22.
Old 17th July 2007, 17:33   #1701
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks E_T for the detailed insight. I will go to the website and check out the full features shortly. I just wanted to know if there are any color options or only silver. Also, one more important feature ( though you answered by the graphic card comment) is hope the applications come up quickly and not sluggish as i found in some ( most?) of nokia top-end phones.
Old 17th July 2007, 17:38   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks E_T for the detailed insight. I will go to the website and check out the full features shortly. I just wanted to know if there are any color options or only silver. Also, one more important feature ( though you answered by the graphic card comment) is hope the applications come up quickly and not sluggish as i found in some ( most?) of nokia top-end phones.
It will be a little sluggish compared to a non-os non smart phone. The applications wont launch instantaneously but its no slow by any means and it comes only in silver... premium sliver as they call it.
Old 17th July 2007, 23:33   #1703

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

you should check out this link for more info on the p990i.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...on-p-990i.html

have a couple of friends who are not too happy with the phone.keeps shutting down on its own.
in the above mentioned thread,navin has posted a link to get your software of the phone upgraded,so please follow that up.it has taken care of the volume issue..i think.
Old 18th July 2007, 13:36   #1704
Senior - BHPian

@hellspawn... that must be the very early version of the OS. My friend has been using the phone for a year now and when I say using, he really uses it to the max with all kinds of softwares and applications installed and never... never even once has the phone hung or shutdown on its own.
Old 19th July 2007, 09:32   #1705
BANNED

Nokia 6233 or 6300 or other Nokia

Hi Guys,

Need to replace my wifes Nokia 6230. Her requirements are very basic and specifically does not want any flip/slider phone or PDA phone. She wants a Nokia only and her main criteria is Battery life, sleek & compact, Bluetooth, Camera.

Have narrowed down the above two models as per the advice of the phone shop. What do you guys recommend from the above 2 models or do you recommend any other model. Budget is approx 10k.

Please reply asap as I need to buy it today. Am getting 3.5k for her old phone.

Viper
Old 19th July 2007, 09:46   #1706
Team-BHP Support

6300 has very poor battery life but is smaller and slim factor makes it easier to carry around. The 6233 has better battery life but is on the bulkier/heavier side.
Old 19th July 2007, 10:40   #1707
BHPian

hey guys i got the n73 me the sound is loud but it isn't so good for playing rock or metal tracks.Anyways I'm facing a problem with the earphones.Actually the sound is too less.I even tried plugging my Sony headphones but still the sound was the same no difference.Please suggest me what to do
Old 19th July 2007, 11:51   #1708
BANNED

bump,

No suggestions

Viper
Old 19th July 2007, 12:05   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Hi Viper,

I just brought my sister a 6300, very very good phone, I mean if you do not demand a lot out of it, its got a decent camera , good voice quality, good & latest features, battery is also good, she is on the phone the whole day ( girls !!! ) but she charges it once in a day or two, so overall it is really good, go for it, it is priced around 10.2 k .. cheers !!
Old 19th July 2007, 12:10   #1710
Senior - BHPian

E61i - Require a Good Business Phone

Hi Guys,

I have a small problem, after months of deciding - undeciding I have finally decided to go for a business phone, I hate to carry the Laptop everywhere I go, prefer to leave it in the car / office during Lunch time etc. E-Mails are a very important part of my business & I need to check mail every hour or so, Mostly text mail with small photos as attachments.

I decided on E90 & 61i, E90 being almost double the price of E61i. I have a Airtel conection, Would I able to check my mails on E61i ? Would I have to take Blackberry Connection or Just normal Airtel MYMAIL ?

Also is my decision on E61i OK ? If any other suggestions pls advise ? Need to buy phone this week !! Cheers !! Awaiting yr replies !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks