Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2007, 21:16   #1756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Sony K750i Or Sony K550i

If you want slider then makes sense to check out the S500 they just launched.
Thanks for your inputs also how about the slvr l9 how is that phone.I will be mostly playing rock n metal music so would it sound good on se phones
Old 24th July 2007, 23:12   #1757
BHPian

Not a very big Motorola fan. So cant comment on them Much.

But yes, the sound quality of the Walkman Series headphones by Sony is REALLY good. I also have an SE W810i, and am very impressed with the performance.

Why not you try a pair and see if you are comfortable?

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 24th July 2007 at 23:13.
Old 26th July 2007, 13:47   #1758
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Hi guys.

When we are looking at the extreme budget end of the spectrum.
Choices to my mind are 1110i, 1112, and 1600.

Can i have a quick comparison of them? Like Pros and Cons of each.

All three seem to share same basic platforms with only the Screen being the differentiating point.

Which one do you suggest?
I'd suggest 1600 colour screen & cheap avail for Rs.1600-1700 .
Old 26th July 2007, 13:50   #1759
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
any idea what is the least that the n95 is available for in Bangalore?
It's selling for approx Rs 25000, price has been drop recently .
Old 26th July 2007, 14:12   #1760
BHPian

@Unknown: This is good news mate. Is this with B&W?
Old 26th July 2007, 18:14   #1761
BHPian

Chronicles of a CDMA user

Hi Guys,

The year was 2004 and as many of you would share the feeling :
"The probability of the numbers in your landline / cell phone bills is directly proportional to your having a girl/boy friend, as the case may be."

Also, when you are in the age of 20 - 25, your parents have no reason not to blame you for the ever increasing slant height of the bill payments that they have made especially in the recent months.

2004 here is significant since I was doing my Masters and happened to have a girl friend. So, there was an urgent need to look out for alternates to control this phone expense. The only options were:
  1. Stop talking, or
  2. Get some thing "free"
Considering the fact that first is impossible (somehow the hours succumbed to the words that we had to share...hmm..another sign of being in love, ehh), there was a movie which came out : HUM TUM.

Saw the movie, but this article is not about it, but the inspiration that TATA Indicom derived out of it. They introduced a HUM TUM promotional pack that had 2 colour mobiles Nokia 3105 at a price of 6.5k each. the best part was that these mobiles had free , and when I say free, it means free calling amongst them. Just remebered the old saying : Bhagwan ke ghar der hai andher nahin.

That was the way I joined the CDMA bandwagon bidding adieu to my long mate Nokia 8310. So, here I was with no radio, not a very good looking handset but like Red bull, love gives you wings, and do you care of the speedbreakers when you are flying????

There were options from Reliance, but personally I didnt want to join that network...wasnt impressed with my dad's cell connectivity. It jammed for most of times due to congestion at that time.

After the year was nearing the end, the same quest for looking for alternates started, but somehow I wanted to remain with this network. So, the miracle happened again. Tata came up with a pack that allowed one to call other TATA mobiles absolutely free by paying Rs.99/month. We were happy again. Seems like Mr.Tata was hell bent on retaining us as their clients as an ode to our love .

Well, the story has been good throughout these 3 years. Connectivity has never been an issue. Tata has one of the best connectivity, thats what I feel. The Customer Care is great. The bills are reasonable. They attend to your concerns giving feedback calls. What else could I desire?

Year 2006 , Month December and I got what I desired..Got married, guys

Now the free factor wasnt that important but it was time to upgrade the phones considering the fact that they had been used for 3 years, and when I say free, it means they were expolited to the max. But they are still in great shape. Sadly, my company doesnt permit the use of camera phones. So, i am still using the same phone.

Wifey got a new one, though. Looked at the options and MOTO Razr V3C made a good choice given the fact that in 8.5k, they are giving Bill and warranty for 1 year along with bluetooth of Motorola worth 2.5k (thats what they say). Looked a value proposition to us. Went for it. CDMAs are better in voice clarity than their GSM counterparts, and considering the relation that I have shared with Indicom, it has been great.

My observations for CDMA are :
  1. You do not have the option of a memory upgrade, like a data card in the handset which means you have to live with the phone memory of 35MB, unlike GSM Razrs.
  2. No inbuilt Music Player. You have a Demo player which you can purchase over the network but they are limited by time.
  3. Razr wont allow you to store games indefinitely. You have to purchase them over the network for a fixed period of time, following which they expire themselves.
  4. You cannot trade your handset elsewhere, unless of course grey market.
  5. However, the Nokia handset allowed me to store games, etc
To sum it all, the initial reason why I switched to CDMAs and precisely TATAs was the value proposition, which to date has kept me with them. Dont go for CDMA if you are the one who updates his phones more than often.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by DCEite : 26th July 2007 at 19:31. Reason: Excessive smilies
cutdcrap is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th July 2007, 20:29   #1762
BANNED

In addition to the Bluetooth headset, you also get the regular headset, a data cable and an installation CD with the RAZR V3c.

You can connect directly to the internet using the Openwave feature. Or, install the CD in your PC / laptop and use the mobile and connect. Or connect via Bluetooth to the internet.

The V3c with Tata Indicom is a very good deal. Only battery life has been a concern for me.
Old 26th July 2007, 20:37   #1763
BHPian

i feel CDMA are still good if you are heavy user, if you go too frequently in roaming etc. even i felt that biggest issue with CDMA handsets is the battery back-up is poor than GSM handsets.
Old 26th July 2007, 21:40   #1764
Senior - BHPian

Ah. I have a 6265 CDMA. Reliance. I think memory is not a problem (Can be upgraded to 2 gigs), so is the 2 MP camera. And so are the features. However it is bulky and Reliance connectivity is iffy at times. And yes, as Cool Zen says, battery backup is not that accurate.
Old 26th July 2007, 21:49   #1765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You do not have the option of a memory upgrade, like a data card in the handset which means you have to live with the phone memory of 35MB, unlike GSM Razrs.
There are cdma phones which have a memory card slot.

Quote:
No inbuilt Music Player. You have a Demo player which you can purchase over the network but they are limited by time.
Again it is available on some cdma phones.

Quote:
You cannot trade your handset elsewhere, unless of course grey market.
Not sure but think Reliance have/had some offer.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 26th July 2007 at 21:51.
Old 26th July 2007, 21:49   #1766
Team-BHP Support

[quote=cutdcrap;512917 like Red bull, love gives you wings, and do you care of the speedbreakers when you are flying????
[/quote]

Good one dude

Still not used a CDMA phone. I like my numbers starting with a 98 or 99 instead of 93 or 92. No logic, just a personal stupid choice
Old 26th July 2007, 22:25   #1767
BHPian

kooldude go for nokia 6300
Old 27th July 2007, 00:16   #1768
F50
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,
How is N80? its available for 14k. And has pretty much everything, Wifi, Fm, 3MP Cam etc
Old 27th July 2007, 00:17   #1769
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Hi Guys,
How is N80? its available for 14k. And has pretty much everything, Wifi, Fm, 3MP Cam etc

One word --> Sadddd.

The OS is really buggy. the phones heavy, slow and nothing special.

I would suggest you get the E65 for 16K. Much much better buy also has Wifi. and is very small with good battery as well.

N_C has it.
Old 27th July 2007, 00:36   #1770
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
One word --> Sadddd.

The OS is really buggy. the phones heavy, slow and nothing special.

I would suggest you get the E65 for 16K. Much much better buy also has Wifi. and is very small with good battery as well.

N_C has it.
E65 is good. And what about E61i?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks