Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 10:48   #2611
NIP
Senior - BHPian

iraghava...a similar moron told me (Airtel CC) that the 'Airtel Online' GPRS cannot be activated on my HTC P3300 WM6 phone. This is a plan where I pay 99 bucks for unlimited GPRS use. The chap said I will need to upgrade to their 'Airtel Mobile Office' package, that costs 150 bucks a week for unlimited use.

My Nokia E61 has no problems with Airtel Online, and I can use it for Gmail, Google Maps, Browsing etc. This plan is more than enough for my use and I see no reason to blow 600 bucks a month on some other unlimited package. I see no reason why this should not work on windows either !!

So is there no setting/configuration available for a windows phone for 'Airtel Online' ?? If anyone is using this plan, can you please let me know how I can configure my phone. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 20th February 2008, 10:52   #2612
BHPian

@rkbharat - What i meant was that there needs to be a service provider who is ready with all the required technology & infrastructure from his end or the traffic police regarding traffic updates

Anyways, yes, there are companies coming up like mapmyindia & such but what i said was that GPS is yet to go mainstream in india and also the pricing has to fall, which again will happen on its own if it goes mainstream. Also, im not saying the maps are not good regarding main roads & important routes, what im saying is that there are thousands of Gallies & bylanes in India which will take time to show up on maps

Last edited by Xehaust : 20th February 2008 at 10:55.
Old 20th February 2008, 10:53   #2613
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a phone with a decent camera for under 6k?

I know the k550 is there at 7k, but anything below that?
Old 20th February 2008, 11:01   #2614
BHPian

Anyone has any idea about the N-91 8 GB? I'm getting one with B&W for about 11K and was wondering if its VFM at that price. I know its a discontinued model but wouldnt mind going for it if its a good phone for the price.
Old 20th February 2008, 11:50   #2615
BHPian

Hey Proxima,
Under 6K - What resolution are you looking at?
A basic camera phone would be SE K205i and have recently seen ads of LG Dynamite which has a whole lot of features.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:00   #2616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
iraghava...a similar moron told me (Airtel CC) that the 'Airtel Online' GPRS cannot be activated on my HTC P3300 WM6 phone. This is a plan where I pay 99 bucks for unlimited GPRS use. The chap said I will need to upgrade to their 'Airtel Mobile Office' package, that costs 150 bucks a week for unlimited use.

My Nokia E61 has no problems with Airtel Online, and I can use it for Gmail, Google Maps, Browsing etc. This plan is more than enough for my use and I see no reason to blow 600 bucks a month on some other unlimited package. I see no reason why this should not work on windows either !!

So is there no setting/configuration available for a windows phone for 'Airtel Online' ?? If anyone is using this plan, can you please let me know how I can configure my phone. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I believe the mobile office settings are same more or less. I am running GPRS successfully on my p990i, and expecting to it as good as now on my to be acquired HTC P3300 as well. As you seems to be a corporate customer, better screw the airtel chap dealing with your company. He'll get the settings hands down to your table PM me if you need usual settings, as i have a backup of the same.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:02   #2617
Senior - BHPian

@proxima

Have you tried looking at Samsung E250 all functions along with camera and 1 GB card free as well @ <5K

Cheers
Old 20th February 2008, 12:12   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
@proxima
Have you tried looking at Samsung E250 all functions along with camera and 1 GB card free as well @ <5K
Cheers
Seems like a very nice phone for under 5K
Old 20th February 2008, 13:38   #2619
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post

You need to configure the proxy server IP along with port no, once you configure the Airtel online.

PM me and i can guide you, Airtel has no clue on setting up Win Mob phones he he

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th February 2008 at 13:39.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:07   #2620
Distinguished - BHPian

i nearly bought n95 8GB, but someone told me n-82 is coming in black color. if yes, i would prefer n82 black (except for smaller screen, functionally better than n95-8gb). any idea when n82-black will be available in India?
Old 20th February 2008, 15:22   #2621
Senior - BHPian

HTC Touch Cruise launch in India?

Hi. Is anyone aware as to when will this model be launched in India. Its available in many other countries. Seems like a rocking phone.

X
Old 20th February 2008, 16:54   #2622
Senior - BHPian

@androdev - Black N82 is officially announced last-to-last week only in India, so one can expect it on the shelfs by the end of next week as company is expecting a major hit.

Cheers
Old 20th February 2008, 17:03   #2623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
@androdev - Black N82 is officially announced last-to-last week only in India, so one can expect it on the shelfs by the end of next week as company is expecting a major hit.

Cheers
Sweet. But are you sure it will be available so soon? Not used to such immediate launches in India!
Old 20th February 2008, 17:47   #2624
Senior - BHPian

@androdev -Well... i was wrong it is debuted outside in india , but still we can expect to be out in india as india being a global market for major handsets manufacturers.
Old 20th February 2008, 18:19   #2625
Senior - BHPian

Already available - about 27K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks