Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2012, 08:24   #9076
BHPian

The Omnia M looks promising. Bada or Windows, I would definitely pick Windows. With the marketplace having more than 100,000 apps it would only keep growing.
Old 6th August 2012, 17:10   #9077
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

I need a help to transfer pics & videos from Samsung Omnia W i8350 WP7.5 OS version:7.10.7720.68.

I have tried to install Zune application on Windows Vista but unable to do so due to the error while installing.

Is there any other way to transfer the data?
Old 6th August 2012, 21:07   #9078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Well I did a recent compare between the 2,

Xperia-S +ve's Over S2
- Feels smaller when holding in the palm, though the screen area is marginally larger than S2
- Better camera, and super fast clicking almost instant.
- Bigger internal mem 32gb vs 16gb on S2
- Faster processor, although u cannot compare it like apples to apples because they are different makes
Sony : 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Scorpion, Dual Core
Samsung : 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A9, Dual Core

Xperia-S -ve's
- Read lots of stories of poor battery life , like lasts 8-9 hours
- The Bravia engine etc seem to be power hoggers so u have to shut all of them down perennially if you want the phone to last longer between charges.
- No expandable memory
- Battery cannot be replaced (Although there are hack methods).

Also do checkout the Intel Xolo X900, its 22k has a fast processor (They claim it to be the fastest).
If clicking photos is not a priority then this too is a good value for money phone.
From my experience, you will be truly utilizing your device's potential only for 5-6months max, after that it, a device is all about convenience of handling and looks, if it is a good looker it will stay with you longer, other wise you will end up dumping the 30k device within a yr or two...

I own an Xperia Arc, I just love it, it solves my basic needs till date, it is light, handy, and has great music output through headphones.
-Battery life of Xperia devices is comparable with all front runners.
-I have compared the display with S2, and bravia display is superior. No doubt.
- Camera is also wonderful. I shot my entire holiday trip of leh with it and my friends couldn't believe that they were shot from a phone.
-And if you are are ready to replace it's OS with a mod like CyanoGenMod it will become even better and smoother to use. (Must do)
-Internal memory is better than external, 32gb is more than enough imo (I stash 16-20gb of songs alone on my phone), because all apps will get installed directly on phone and you would not need to move them out to sd card when internal mem runs out.

Last but not the least, S2 looks like a cheap copy of iPhone, I don't personally like it's looks at all.
Old 7th August 2012, 13:23   #9079
Senior - BHPian

My cousin is looking to buy a new handset, she was using iphone till now.Her budget is 20K max and she has shortlisted samsung galaxy s Advance, havent seen or heard about this handset within my group of friends, so any first hand experience do share about the feedback of this handset and also what are the best handsets availble in this price range.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:31   #9080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker
My cousin is looking to buy a new handset, she was using iphone till now.Her budget is 20K max and she has shortlisted samsung galaxy s Advance,
If she has already gotten used to an iPhone then I wouldn't suggest anything else. If the 4 (8GB) doesn't fall into her budget she can buy the iPhone 3GS from Aircel for 9,999 and a 3k data plan and if she doesn't want to shift operators, just change sims to her original sim and it'll work.
Old 8th August 2012, 00:12   #9081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
If she has already gotten used to an iPhone then I wouldn't suggest anything else. If the 4 (8GB) doesn't fall into her budget she can buy the iPhone 3GS from Aircel for 9,999 and a 3k data plan and if she doesn't want to shift operators, just change sims to her original sim and it'll work.
What are the pros and cons of buying such packages?

Are we bound to use the same operator forever with the handset? Can't the handset used with other operator after certain period of time?

Also are there any hidden costs also?

What is the original price of iphone 3gs and why aircel is offering it so cheap?

PS - Sorry for so many questions!
Old 8th August 2012, 00:51   #9082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

What are the pros and cons of buying such packages?

Are we bound to use the same operator forever with the handset? Can't the handset used with other operator after certain period of time?

Also are there any hidden costs also?

What is the original price of iphone 3gs and why aircel is offering it so cheap?

PS - Sorry for so many questions!
There is no pros and cons to such packages. The phone is unlocked so she can use any sim that she wants. Aircel is offering it so cheap since they are already committing you to a 3G plan for 12 months which is what costs 3k upfront. And while you use the 3G plan they would also eventually expect you to use the voice connection too. And for the plan they would've ordered in bulk and got a great discount. Well that's a guess as you can see. Irrespective of whether you are going to use Aircel or not, still 13k is a good price.
Old 8th August 2012, 01:51   #9083
Senior - BHPian

This iphone 3gs @ 13K offer is tempting and now I am in a fix whether to buy HTC One V @17K and use my airtel prepaid connection with it or buy aircel iPhone3GS @ 13K dump the aircel sim and use my airtel prepaid number on it?

What is the storage capacity of the iphone offered by aircel?
Old 8th August 2012, 05:58   #9084
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
This iphone 3gs @ 13K offer is tempting and now I am in a fix whether to buy HTC One V @17K and use my airtel prepaid connection with it or buy aircel iPhone3GS @ 13K dump the aircel sim and use my airtel prepaid number on it?

If you have to choose between 3GS and HTC ONE, I would recommend to go with the latter. Why to go with a stone age product?

IIRC, 3GS is available with only 8GB storage.
Old 8th August 2012, 10:01   #9085
BHPian

Guys i need a very small help from the experts here. I am taking my mom's sony ericsson W350i for my personal usage but when i tried to put my SIM, it showed that the phone was locked with a phone protection code.

My mother doesn't remember the code. Any idea how to crack it. Otherwise i wont be able to put any SIM on it !

Thanks

Aditya
Old 8th August 2012, 11:27   #9086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Guys i need a very small help from the experts here. I am taking my mom's sony ericsson W350i for my personal usage but when i tried to put my SIM, it showed that the phone was locked with a phone protection code.

My mother doesn't remember the code. Any idea how to crack it. Otherwise i wont be able to put any SIM on it !
Take the mobile to a mobile repair shop or authorised service centre and get it flashed.

Rohan
Old 8th August 2012, 23:38   #9087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

I went today to an aircel store to buy 3gs, But they told me that, Offer was ended 7 days back.

So, iphone 3gs 8gb now cost 19900/-

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 8th August 2012, 23:48   #9088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001

I went today to an aircel store to buy 3gs, But they told me that, Offer was ended 7 days back.

Cheers,
Sameer
You might want to post on Aircel 's Facebook page and post your query there as to whether it has really ended or just that the stocks with your dealer have depleted.
Old 8th August 2012, 23:57   #9089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
You might want to post on Aircel 's Facebook page and post your query there as to whether it has really ended or just that the stocks with your dealer have depleted.
Posted it on their Fb page. Their website is still showing the offer, however the guy at the store told me that offer ended 7 days back.

Let me see, If they reply back.

Thanks
Sameer
Old 9th August 2012, 00:45   #9090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

Cheers,
Sameer
iphone 3gs 8gb @ 19900 actually comes with prepaid plan whereas with postpaid it is still @ 13K as couple of dealers I inquired in Gurgaon have the stock.

Looks like your dealer don't have stock and he is trying to push the other package.

You can call the aircel helpline and they will tell you about other dealers near your area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks